Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Is it easier for gays or easier for lesbians to come out? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pink Freudian

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 am
I went to Georgia last month, and every other couple at the place I went to was gay. I thought it was so adorable. :3

I guess it's different for different places.
I live in Alabama, and I think it's a bit harder for the guys to come out.

But I was also just hugging one of my friends and got called a ******** lesbian and told to burn in hell. So I'unno.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:41 pm
All depends on the situation. I'm friends with mostly girls, most of them love yaoi too, so they thought it was adorable and I didn't have too much of a problem with them. The guys however, were a different story. Every straight guy I'm friends with found it awkward when I first came out to them. I found out there were a few bisexual guys within my friends, and they didn't have a problem with it. Now if a lesbian would have been in my place, things would've been the opposite. The girls would've thought it disgusting, and the guys would've been completely supportive. Like what has been said before, the general public is more supportive of lesbians than gay guys. But I believe that it all depends on the person's situation.  

charged6claw

Friendly Streaker

7,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

cajunantichrist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 pm
I think men have a harder time cause of (speaking in highschool/collage terms) homophobic men tend to be more into phisical bullying than homophobic women, cause you have the douchy jocks and such that bully everyone. Speaking from my own experiences though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:20 am
It was hard for me to come out because of how I am I am often teased a lot. I came out on the day of silence but it seems my mom has hurt me more then any bullying could.  

KnittingNepeta

Beloved Friend

6,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

caleighxo

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:37 pm
I think it all depends on location, actually.
Here, it isn't very hard to come out since we have an enormous gay community.

Of course, I live a town away from where the support is, so it's hard for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:07 pm
It seems to me that most of the aggressively anti-gay individuals are straight men, who ironically don't have much of an issue with lesbians, since they find it sexually attractive, but have a lot of issues with other gay men because they don't benefit from it.

While I know this is obviously not always the case, it is what I saw from my hometown in the bible belt.

On the other hand, girls who have no lives and thrive from gossip and any chance to ruin someone else's life, tend to gravitate hard on the news of a new lesbian to torment.

It's two very different edges of the same sword.  

Prism Cloud

Tipsy Citizen

ForteAmora

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:04 am
I'd say easier for a lesbian because if you have female friends, sure they get warry but then after a bit they get used to it and go on being your friend and straight guys more often than not like the thought of girl-on-girl so they'll be more friendly. For homosexual men however, they become instantaneous laughing stalks of there own gender. Then again, girls love gay guys because they click so well together so... I'm no sure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:25 pm
In my town, gays are very welcomed into our little community.
We have pride week for the first week of July. Put the pride flag up at City Hall and everything.

cool  

papasheep

CandyBoy955

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:40 pm
French Toast-or-Jeebus
I went to Georgia last month, and every other couple at the place I went to was gay. I thought it was so adorable. :3

But I was also just hugging one of my friends and got called a ******** lesbian and told to burn in hell. So I'unno.

Whoa, WHERE were YOU at??? I live in Georgia and have yet to see an abundance of homosexual couples.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:18 pm
CandyBoy955
French Toast-or-Jeebus

Whoa, WHERE were YOU at??? I live in Georgia and have yet to see an abundance of homosexual couples.

Dude, I'm confused too because I've been all over the dang South and I have yet to see a couple. I've seen a single homosexual here or there but couples?

ForteAmora

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Pink Freudian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:31 pm
CandyBoy955
French Toast-or-Jeebus

I went to six flags. Most of the people I went with were like "That's so gross" and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:34 pm
Xx2Cute2BeEvilxX
CandyBoy955
French Toast-or-Jeebus

Dude, I'm confused too because I've been all over the dang South and I have yet to see a couple. I've seen a single homosexual here or there but couples?

I see couples all the time.. o.o  

Pink Freudian

LittleFuntom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:28 pm
It depends on the area and the views of other people, unfortunately. I live in Oregon, and I have only seen a few gay or lesbian couples here and there. One of the lesbian couples had this adopted daughter that I used to hang out with, though. So it depends, I guess. But that was in Eugene, so Im not sure. D:  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:44 am
Coming out as transgender to your family can be quite an 'interesting' experience.

Me: "Hey mum, guess what. I am a girl."
Them: *mother faints and father goes red as a beetroot*
Me: "Well that could of gone better..."

And it went downhill from there. Luckily they got over it in about a year.  

washu_2004

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

dragkin

Girl-Crazy Romantic

14,050 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:57 pm
it definitely depends on where you live and the attitudes of the people around you.

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff