Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
The Journey...............(A on-going story...^8^) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do?
  Prepare?
  Go into Shock?
  Panic?
  Take Control?
View Results

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:17 pm
Day 3 starting to get close to dark........

I had just turned right on the road that leads to the outewr most gas station I know of outside our little town.

The road goes on straight for about a half mile then make a left handed dog leg to the left..............

as I slowly came to the end of the left handed turn I was nearing the four-way before I would get to the station on the next left and stopped and put the car into park...........

I stopped before I got to the four-way, there were cars scattered everywhere in the four-way and around it in the ditches and on the road median.................

I got my pair of scout binoculars I found out and scanned the four-way to see if there was any signs of life or .......................perhaps more likely Death.

As I scanned car to car, I spotted one car that was charred and blackened on the furthest right corner of the intersection so it must have burned at some point and then slowly went out............... and also a car that looked equally as bad because it was mashed liked a emptied tooth paste tube in front was sitting just a short distance to the burnt car left side........

Another car on the left just crushed and mangled................... and several feet away the heavy box truck that must have hit it as its front end was mashed and almost sitting on the ground level..............

A car sat in the ditch closest to me about fifteen or twenty feet away, that puzzlingly didnt look damaged in any way.................. as I focused on it I realized probibally why????????

I saw what looked like a figure hanging just inside and a bit out of the door, as I looked as close as I could focus in they must have died of the "New Plague" they were an unnatural color of purplish-green and looked......................very pungent.

I have to move carefully and as safely as I can get around "THAT" car.....

I slowly put the car back into gear and rolled the cars windows up and made sure all out side vents were not on in any way to minimize any chance of possible infection.........................even though I had heard it was threw contact with fluids..............................

I moved threw the intersection and made the left tunr skirting the damaged cars and truck as I made it to the gas station and pulled right up to the pump.

Work,.....................................Plz work............................... I pulled the lever down after removing the gas pump nozzel into one of the spare gas cans I had.

It wasn't working.................. but interestingly there must be power because the pump's gauge was working....................... crying crying crying crying sweatdrop

Oh, I have to hit a button inside.

So carefully I got one of the wooden bats out and crept to the door and looked around threw the glass of the door and saw no-one but there was a mess so people had been here.....................

I pushed the door open and went to the desk, and looked at the counter top and everything else as I looked I was what I was looking for a small message was blinking on a hand-calulator like device on the inside of the counter.

I fumbled with it and finally got it to work................D xd

I hurried out side...................hope there is gas here at least a little bit.

I went back to the truck and tried it again and it work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started to fill my gas cans, I managed to get two filled when it went dry, well at least thats a bit more than I had for now............

I went back to the station itself, and managed to grab some junk food that was salvageable and a few drinkiable things that didnt require refridgeration though for now the building itself had power............about that time......................blink ..........blink....................click.

The power went out and I was startled, but after a moment to composse myself I got to out the door and to the truck and turned it around and though time to go home one last time.

I made my way back threw the intersetion and down the road to home again......................Boy, the animals were out this evening...........3 deer, a possum moving slowly not worried about the truck behind it and a rabbit curiously watching me drive by.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:18 pm
Day 4 Next Day, Mid Morning...............

Owwwwww, sleeping in the truck really is a pain in the.............. well everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I opened the truck door and stretched and looked around left and then right to look down the road that runs in front of my house.

Nothing.........................Good.

I took the extra food in its bag and put it in the front passenger side floor-board, and I put the two cans of gas in the cars-truck.............. will be locked soon.

Well, ready or not here I go....................Bye Home Sweet Home..................................... crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

I get into the car and take out my little pump from an old gas can I had years ago, and walked over to the truck and placed it into the trucks gas tank and psyphoned out the gas into another gas can and managed to get it close to half full.

I stored the extra empty gas cans in the back-seat, and the half I poured into the tank and put the used can into the back seat with the other emptys.

I closed the doors and got into the Driver's Seat, and locked the doors. And I hit the lock button for the trunk and started the car and backed-out and started down the road towards "The River".......................  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:05 pm
Day 4 A bit before Noon...............

As I went down the road I though I need to start searching for supplies as I go towards the "River"

I went down the road about 1/4th of a mile before I started to go into houses and "searching".......................to many nieghtbor nearby our house to search there.........................and I would feel bad if I got seen by them.

I puuled into a house, it looked deserted and had things strewn over the front yard....................probibally in a hurry to move away............

I think back to the day everything fell apart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinking Back (Flash-Back)

I was at home, I had just gotten off from work and it was late at night/ morning.

I went into the kitchen, and grabbed some left-overs (Fryed Salmon Patties) I had cooked a bunch of the night before................

And I grabbed the bottle of ketchup from the fridge and a can of soda and came into the living room and sat down and turned the T.V on...............

I immeadiately knew something was wrong.............. there were emergency news breaks happeneing on every channel and it was the Market.......................................

Great..................Just Great...........

I had heard it would crash completely one day but not this soon..............

And everyone was going mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People screaming and yelling and pumping thier fist in the air, well I realized basically our money was worthless now or close to it................

Of course for it to be a complete colapse it would mostly likely rebound the next day and everyone would say "Crash My *****" and would think things would be better....................

Then it would finally just fall all the way appart and then our money would truely be worthless............

Okay, I though...............I need to gather supplies right now, and get everything out of the house that was useable.

I went ahead and finished eating, though it was good food it was one of the hardest meals I ever ate slowly chewing every bite and thinking of what the next meal would be..................

I then started to gather all of the stuff in the house I could use that first night/morning and just as it became dawn of the new day I went out and got what supplies I could.........................................................

There had been a "Mini Panic" and some people had went to stores and looted or I guess the best way to explain it was "Tried to loot" as there was earlier still police and still some order................

People were sent to jail to wait on a Justice System 2 days away from colapse itself as well............

I went to the ATM of my local Bank, and waited in line for close to an hour but finall drew out all of my money but not because I was afraid of lossing it, (I know its worth nothing now)................

Immeadiatly I went to my old Job, Save -A- Lot and got canned goods, I had gotten a cart full of canned goods other people seemed to be doing the same thing........... and then there were ones who gathered un-useable stuff when everything stopped working things that required more supplies than would be present especially when the availibllity of water was non-exsistance.................

I also got two boxes of 3 gallon jugs of water, and I lastly got as many battieries as possible. Payed as quickly as possible and called in to work to take two days off, more than likely the end of that matter when everything feel appart............... and went to bed.

Day 1 (-1) The Day "It" Happened.....................

I got up and checked the T.V and the Market had been running and up and was doing well, then heard it was because of a "Special Meeting" of his Staff and Senior Market Advisors to pump emergency funds into the Market........................

Okay, it has happened....................... and I knew it now..................

I made sure I had my supplies packed first and I had the first bunch of things I would need gathered and started to put it all in my car............

And I started to see people moving.................. lots of traffic moving out of town....................

Then that night I went to bed and the traffic was massive and I knew it had happened and the "News" had already broke..............

Tommorrow It would be time to get Everthing together and get out of time.

That is where I this Journey started.............................

And I came back to my senses in the previously mentioned houses drive-way reeling from the memory only a few days old of how this mess started.........................................  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:36 pm
Day 4 Noon................................

As I came to my senses from my little flashback from a few days earlier, I considered what to do next in my "Entering" & "Plundering" of a supposed abandoned house.

*****A bit of info for anyone reading this some-time later on who may not be familiar with the area where I live not withstanding "When & Where" you find this text at.*******

The house here is down the road from my house about a 1/4th of a mile,
on the left side of the road in a sort of U-Turn sort of drive way in front of the house so a person could turn around and puul back out onto the main road.....................

And from the drive way it goes back into the woods, and to a few houses along the small country road threw there..........

To get to the a-fore mentioned "River" I will have to go all the way into town to that first 4-way stop and make a left and follow the road for some distance say close to or a bit over 10 miles..............

So I decide on a plan of action on entering the house.................

I take my Mother's wood baseball bat out and carefully checkout the area outside of the house.............

#1 Rule) Check The Surrounding Property For Life.

The house has a couple of small storage shed type buildings and a bit of a lean-to half carport beside of it...............

Also a small building perhaps 20 feet away that used to be a aquarium shop for goldfish and accessories (I went and checked-it out one time before it closed years ago.)

I decided to leave that building for last since it wouldnt probibally be of any great importance.

So I went to the first of the small storage shed type buildings and scouted it out................first shed.............wood plank covered.............I can see inside slightly..............

I got to the door and knock on it several times and then I said in a loud enough to hear but not shouting voice "Is anyone in there?"

...................No reply.

I say once more "Is anyone inside of the shed?"

...................No reply.

Okay, safe to go inside for now I guess.

#2 Rule) Always Check For Signs Of Life Twice, If Not Three Times When In Dought.

I slowly opened the door and found no-one, but I did find some more useful tools and supplies.

I found a couple of axes, very useful indeed, a hoe and a limb-cutter so I took them and unlocked the Car's Trunk and stowed them away as neatly as possible.

The other items in the first shed were power tools and were for the most part useless other than a battery powered hand saw and a stretch light which I decide to take with me maybe they could be useful, otherwise a few boxes that were in decent shape which I used to further consoladate thing together so as to make extra room

The first shed was ***Cleared***...............

On towards the second shed, it was made the same way with plank walls with nothing else inbetween for insulation................old sheds. ^8^

I once again made with the calling out to check for life............"Hey, is anyone in there?"

.................No reply.

And after a moment, once more I called out.

"Is anyone in the shed?"

...................No replay.

Carefully I started to open the door and heard a creeping sound on the other side, ................uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, oh.

I slowly opened the door bat at ready if I needed it, and...........I threw open the door and found a small stray cat which upon seeing me hissed and spitted at me and hid among the junk in the fuethest back of the shed corner.

.......................Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwww, had my heart a pumping.......

I looked around and found a lot of very useful things in this shed, I found several boxes small file card sided boxes that had seed pakeages in it and they were labeled...............

Someone in this house liked to be organized with thier flowers and garden seeds. ^8^ All the better for me now, Thanks whoever you are or were I though and said a silent prayer for whoever it was.

I then browsed threw the seeds, some where flowers of course I couldnt use those but some where veggies and I would need those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I picked out the veggie seeds and slowly after about thirty minutes I had picked all of the veggie seeds out of the boxes.

I looked around and found two watering cans, a plastic one and a metal one...............I decided the plastic one wouldnt rust away and got it.

I found tool box, I opened it and found some automovtive tools inside and decided I could use those as well and go them.

I made the first trip back and put them in thier proper place with the other tools and such in the Car.

I walked back and saw the wild cat leave the shed and dart off into the thicket nearby, probibally waiting for me to leave it alone.............

I went into the second shed and looked around a bit more and found a few odds and in but nothing much more.............Hammer and a bag or some-what rusty nails.......................taking those.............a couple more boxes leave those I have enough boxes for right now.......

Okay, second shed is ***Cleared***

Now for the Main Residence.................................  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:10 am
Day 4 Just about 1:30.....................

I walked onto the houses front-pourch of the residence a tall two story house with white siding and plenty of sun facing windows on both levels.....

I walked up to the door carefully watching my step and trying to be as quite as possible to, I got right up to the front-door facing on the left side and prepared myself to enter.

I had my bat at the ready, I said loudly "Is anyone home in there???"........................nothing...nothing..............nothing...........

No Reply.

I once more said, "Is anyone home????"..................................NOTHING.

No Reply.

"Okay", I though to myself its time to "Storm The Gates."

I carefully took hold of the door knob, turned it slowly like I was afraid it would break and shatter into a million pieces if I turned it any faster...............

Every sound was painfully loud...................

The click as the door knob turned completely to a stop...............(Like droping something glass and having it shatter.)

The door creaking as it opened..........................(Like a siren sounds, softer at first and louder as it went on and on for what seemed like for ever.)

Then that first step inside, the foot falls on the hardwood..............(Like muffled hammering).............

When nothing jumped out at me and scared the **** out of me, which most definatly would have happened if I met anything on the other side of that door, I immeadiately became far less stressed......................Phewwwwwwwwwww.

Now to the work at hand..........................

The door way led into a main Living Room (Rectangular shaped), with a room on the left threw a doorway................

A kitchen was on the farthest small side of the Living Room on the right hand side.....................

And then a stairway leading up to the second level of the house on the farther left of the Living Room.

Decided, the kitchen would be first, (Probibally the most important right now)

# 3 Rule) Check Kitchen Area First For Important Supplies.

So I walked slowly and watched and looked as sharply as I could for any useable items, and also for any signs there might have been trouble as well.

You never know..................things can happen in a world turned on its head.

I looked and walked carefully...................a useless T.V..............coffee table with normal clutter that one would expect from a family...............

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keys!!!!!

I will need those or more than likely some of those...................(I put them into my pocket first thing.................

Wait a minute...............Keys.....then they had better of had two vehicles or this might be a case of "The New Plague" being shut-in.................

I started to be extremely careful at that moment and decided to also do a sniff test of a room before entering (Death Stinks you know..........)

# 4 Rule) When Sickness Is Present, Or Expected Smell Your Way Threw The Residence. (If Found, Leave Immeadiately.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Day 4 at 2:00~~~ish

I carefully walked from the coffee table and placed the keys into my pocket for safe keeping...............

"I need to check this last room before going upstairs"..............I though to my self as I walked to the doorway of the last room on the bottom floor......

I carefully took a deep breath and payed attention to the smell in case thier was any "Putrid Smells" of decay coming from the room and found no smells to be afraid of..................

I carefull turned the corner and entered the room and saw that it was a sort of guest-room with a small bed and a dresser with a mirror backboard attached to its back.

I checked the dresser....................Hmmmmmmmmmm no...nothing....nah................nevermind nothing more than clothes and none of them any use to me since Im not a lady.......lol

Some small nick-nacks on top of the dresser..........again nothing really important other than a package of matches with a pack of cigarettes..........took the matches.............dont need a habit that cant be sustained...... rofl

I placed the matches into my pocket as well and turned and left the room and headed back to the stairs to go up stairs and check-out the top floors...........

So I turned walked around and back threw the living room of sorts and to the base of the stairs and started slowly started up the stairs.....creak creack...........creaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkk..............darn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate when stairs do that especially when its completely quit like this..... sweatdrop

Finally I made it to the top of the stairs and looked down a long hallway........

a small bathroom to my left at the top of the stairs and maybe two no three rooms down the hallways to explore and maybe find goodies in....... 3nodding blaugh  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:45 pm
~listens~:3  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 5:51 pm
Day 4 at 2:10..............

I walks slowly listening for sounds and or smells that would tell me something is putrid or dead. ninja

I make it to the first door on the right, the door is open......

I slowly peek around the corner and see what is inside, nothing...................Phew nothing to be worried about this time

I walk into the room, and see a bed and it must be the parents not posters on the wall and everthing seemingly in place as it should be except for the closet which looks like a torando hit it...............

So they did leave then..................(They must have hurried to grab clothes before they left.) 3nodding

I went to the dresser and opened drowers, and found nothing really helpful (Clothes and some jewelry which isnt anything thats needed right now anyways.) sweatdrop

I went to the closet and checked-out the carnage everything thrown everywhere, not much here.................shoes and odd clothes here and there and some hats...........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rolleyes

I will take that fudora hat, I like it and would enjoy wearing it though its not needed. xd redface

I step back from the closet not much else in the room to see, I should check under the bed in case they stored anything under there................

I went to the end of the bed and bent-over and looked under there..................nothing but more shoes......dusty (They prob. handt looked under there either in a while.) xd

"Well all that I am going to see in this room I guess" I said to myself quitly and turned and went threw the door and slowly walked to the next door on the left side.........  

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Geista
Crew

Invisible Helper

45,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:50 pm
Day 4 at 2:30..............................

I walked threw the door on the left slowly, its a BATHROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHA-CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should be some good stuff here to gather up for supplies.....(If they didnt take it all themseleves when they left???)

I went to the Med-Cabinet and opened the door and found out......they left in a hurry nothing looks touched at all.

I carefully picked and choosed what they had........Cold/ Flu meds......Pain Relief............Vitamins..............and some Iodine and first Aid.

Wow, need to find a few more houses like this and I will be set for a few years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though this still makes not sense, "Why didnt they take some of this stuff themselves?"

After I had cleaned out the med-cabinet I kneeled down and checked the bottom cabinet below the sink and found baby powder.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm "Nah" dont need that shampoo....conditioner........"Nah"

Nail Polish..............."I can use that for fire making" I picked it out from behind the baby powder and other items and put it in the bag with the meds from the upper cabinet.

I then stood back up and looked at the Toliet..............well..................................(A few minutes went by)...................Okay that matter was taken care of.

I gently clicked the toliet lever and "It Flushed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"................"Good, I didnt want to leave a mess even though no-one was likely to ever come back"

"Must have had just enough water in the Tank to flush one last time"

I though......"Yeah, almost forgot" I removed the Toliet Paper from its roller on the wall by the Toliet.

I saw a small cupboard next to the bath-tub they had and opened it up to see what might be in there.................Cleaning goods...................Soap............"Okay, taking the soap".........and Toliet Cleaner "Nah" dont need any of that and a plunger..........."Nah"....................dont need that either.

Well I guess I cleaned out the Bath-Room then and..............Oh!!!! Walked bak to the Toliet and picked up the air-freshiner and sprayed it well threw the entire bathroom since I had to occupie it for a moment. lol

Well to the last room..................lets see whats left to find there.

I wlaked out of the doorway and started down the hall to the last room on the right side....................  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games