Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Fantastic Realities [4E] - Recruitment 6/6 [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 am
No that's fine. The Elf Bard also happens to have 8 Strength. =P  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:10 am
YES! That post got me equal with Bamaotaku on post count in the guild! This post means I'm now ahead. twisted

I don't know why this excites me, but it does for some reason.

Woot woot #6!

Anyways, onto audits! mrgreen  

joe-dude667

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:30 am
Maybe because you are like The Rock back in the day, love to run your mouth. Don't get me wrong though, The Rock is bleeding awesome & I commend anyone who tries to act like him.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:40 am
I appear to have a version of this virus on my laptop.

Fantastic.

My browsing is fine (perhaps because I'm on firefox not IE), though it's affecting me slightly different which is even more annoying. If I try to open any program it pops up with a warning say something along the lines of "This program is infected, run virus scan?". stare

I can't open up Character Builder (where ALL my characters information is kept, both IRL and here) or Adventure tools (which is where all my monsters are saved - again IRL and A Shot in the Dark). I can't even open up any Adobe programs! So I can't read PDF's to look at Dragon articles and core books and I can't open Photoshop to edit my maps. This is going to make my life a living hell if I don't do something about it soon.

The website posted above has a download to get rid of it, but after being infected for the first time I don't even trust that. I think my mum has a version of Norton that I can legally use, though I don't know when I'll next get a chance to go home with my laptop. I might just stop using this Laptop and borrow my girlfriends whenever I need to.

Anyone have some advice they could lend?  

joe-dude667

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am
Do not get Norton, whatever you do. It's a POS that will lag the hell out of your computer.
If you could get AVG internet security for $50 online a year I'd heavily recommend it. Should remove the virus right there & then, but you will have to restart your computer.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:33 am
I spoke to my friend, apparently this has happened to him many times and he told me how to fix it. =) Will get on it like sonic if not tonight tomorrow night (or Sunday morning, depending on how knackered I am from 10 hour shift at work).  

joe-dude667

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:34 am
joe-dude667
I spoke to my friend, apparently this has happened to him many times and he told me how to fix it. =) Will get on it like sonic if not tonight tomorrow night (or Sunday morning, depending on how knackered I am from 10 hour shift at work).
@ All American/non-English users:
Knackered = Tired.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:17 pm
joe-dude667
YES! That post got me equal with Bamaotaku on post count in the guild! This post means I'm now ahead. twisted

Sorry. I'm king of this guild now, and you'll never be able to take that from me twisted

Also, the best program to get rid of such viruses IMHO, is Malware Bytes ( http://www.malwarebytes.org/ ). If you can't access it (I've had viruses in the past that won't let me download it), I can give it to you via IM easily enough.

It's not a first-line defense by any means, but since its not a commercial program, there's very little viruses can do about it, and it updates ALL the time! And it's free smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:54 pm
Rain Yupa
joe-dude667

Sorry. I'm king of this guild now, and you'll never be able to take that from me twisted
I know. crying Still, I can get in the top 5. That is my aim in life.

[[I'm aiming low.]]  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:42 pm
Since 4.0 Came out I've identified with a Tiefling Rogue, and now that I'm on the PC side, I'm gonna play one, goddamn it!

Also, if anyone's got issues with the core rulebook or has important updates for me, tell me now, because that's what I'm using. None of this Dragon Mag update shenanigans or expanded psionics nonsense. I play True-Blue D&D, back to when we used THAC0 and we used words like "priest" because we didn't care about political correctness. Core Rulebooks for me.  

Archangel486

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:23 am
Archangel486
Since 4.0 Came out I've identified with a Tiefling Rogue, and now that I'm on the PC side, I'm gonna play one, goddamn it!

Also, if anyone's got issues with the core rulebook or has important updates for me, tell me now, because that's what I'm using. None of this Dragon Mag update shenanigans or expanded psionics nonsense. I play True-Blue D&D, back to when we used THAC0 and we used words like "priest" because we didn't care about political correctness. Core Rulebooks for me.

Back to when the words demon and devil were omitted from the game because of that political correctness? Or before that?

So long as you're playing 4.0 that's all we're concerned about  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:05 am
I can't even remember if that was the case. Even if It was, m group sure didn't.  

Archangel486

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:12 pm
Archangel486
I can't even remember if that was the case. Even if It was, m group sure didn't.

Back in 2nd ed, the words devil and demon were replaced with Baatezu and Tanar'ri respectively. Word is this was due to devil-worship paranoia from parents in the 80s and 90s. Even so, it was pretty clear what they meant.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:38 pm
WEll, given that I picked this game up in the 90's, That was prolly the case.  

Archangel486

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm
Arc Vembris
Archangel486

Back in 2nd ed, the words devil and demon were replaced with Baatezu and Tanar'ri respectively. Word is this was due to devil-worship paranoia from parents in the 80s and 90s. Even so, it was pretty clear what they meant.
I would have put them the other way round. Baatezu sounds more demon-y.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff