Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Feverw0lf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:12 pm
First Year Student: SaLevera Sykes

User Image

Sykes sauntered off the train, her hands hidden in the pockets of her robe. She glanced left and then right taking in her surroundings carefully, healthily wary of everyone and everything around her. When she was satisfied that there was no imminent danger she wandered over to the blonde lady who was whistling. "SaLevera Sykes," she said in a voice just loud enough to barely be heard as she passed the woman and continued on her way to the castle.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:25 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

Wonderful, Charlotte thought bitterly as she shivered against the frigged air. She breathed out and glanced around, wondering for a brief moment if anyone felt the chill. From the lax positions, no. Given what she had read from the autobiography. There was lake involved in all this. "Great," she muttered under her breath, banging the tips of her black boots against the in her effort to keep her toes from freezing. "We'll be the first year frozen pop icicles."

She was sure if the others took any longer, she would strange them all or better yet lock they're legs together. rubbing her hands together, she noticed that the newest arrival held the air of causal superiority, which was something she had started to notice hung around quite a few students, first year and beyond. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she thought, I wonder if superior arrogance make a good isolator.

She almost instantly went after that small voice, demand it reconsidered that statement. That along with stopping the peanut gallery comments. Sadly she knew that in her current state of nervous, excited, fearful, freeze cold energy. That her mind would be on over drive sarcasm. Looking around at her fellow first year, she concluded, Well, at least inner conversation is more interest than the lack of outward conversation.

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Mellow Magpie

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:26 pm
Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe stepped off the train, it was just like what his grandparents had it would be like. They had given him money for the train so that he could buy himself some snacks but had chosen not go for anything, favoring the sandwich that he had made for himself before leaving. His grandparents had also told him that he no longer needed to wear his kippah but old habits died hard and he put it back on once the train had left London. He felt so out of place here. Ema and Aba might be right after all. There was nothing a Jew like himself would be able to get out of Hogwarts except for a lot confusion.
Looking around he saw a lot students about his age walking over to woman. Deciding that there was nothing else for him to do Moshe walked over to her too. "Sha- Hi, my name is Moshe Yizchaki. I don't think I should be here. Is there any way I could get back to London?" Moshe really didn't like being here, he could already feel it.
((Moshe's last name is not easy to pronounce unless you can make guttural sounds so please make note of that))  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:36 pm
User Image

Avery Happer was pulling her bag off the train while simultaneously trying to assess her surroundings. Although she'd been to Hogsmeade before, with her family, her nerves made these mundane surroundings seem new and exiting. "Oof," She had finally won the battle with her bag but she realized, with embarrassment, that a crowd of first years were already with Groundskeeper Duke.

She pushed the hair off of her face and stood to face Groundskeeper Duke, "Avery Happer, first year."  

goodnesselite

1,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:41 pm

User Image

User Image
User Image

"Please tell were half way through the list," she muttered into her hands. She breath out in short ha's, then rubbed her hands together. Over her hands she looked at the others again. Despite the rudeness of the thought, I know that only one girl here has the appearance of generating enough body heat not freeze. Maybe it is a wizard thing...I should research that. Just how much cold could a wizard withstand?

Thinking over the variables, the possible help she would need to cover the experiment, and wondered if her father could help pay for it, several more first years arrived. They varied, though on poor bloke look about ready to flee. Turning to look at him, she almost felt pity for the poor dear, I remember when I questioned whether I belonged here or not...Luckily for me, I very wise old man assured me that I was just fine.

Shivering, she blew into her hands again. The other students chatter still resonated around them, as they cheerily stepped off the train, mingled with friend, or were busy glancing at the first year who all stood in a silent huddle. The perfect beginning to the new year, cold, looked, and bond to be out on a cold lake for...She paused in mid-thought. Blinked, and then closed her eyes like she was trying to remember something. Scrunching her lips, she tried to remember if any book had covered the estimated time between Hogsmeade Station, the trip to the lake and the ride across the lake and the time from the boat house to the great hall.

Great, by then I could end up losing well over half my body to frostbite...though I bet there is a way to restore all those part magical. Then again it would go back to that research, she thought as she tried again to warm up her hands. Sighing, she simple crossed her arms and stuck her hand under her upper arms. She muttered as she contemplated the work her research might need, I wonder if it would be count as abuse...do they even have those kinds of charges in the wizarding world.

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:49 pm
Jane Butler stepped off the train, holding her bags close to her. The realization that she was here, actually at Hogwarts, came to her. Mum said that it would be a wonderful place...oh, I hope I'm actually a witch...there hasn't been a mistake, has there? Walking towards a small group of students, she noticed a taller one, probably a teacher, who was holding a list. "Hi. I'm, uh, Jane Elizabeth Butler. It's my first year here. I'm on the list, aren't I?" If I wasn't...would they just send me home...oh, I don't want to go home! Taking her bags, she went deeper into the small crowd of first years. "Absolutely frigid out, isn't it?" She asked to no one in particular. During the train ride, she had sat with a few people who took no notice of her and she had studied a few Hogwarts books. Her wand was at her side, and she had tried a few spells herself. They hadn't worked out well. At all, really. When we get to the castle, then they'll sort us...I haven't thought about what house I even want to be in! Well, that's the Sorting Hat's job, I guess.  

XThe Lily Of The ValleyX

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:15 pm

"I Stand under the Great Cherry Blossom ..."
私は大桜の下にスタンド...

User Image
╚════════☩═══════╝
╣-Idaina Kiri S. Akuma-╠
- 偉大な霧の桜悪魔 -
╔════════☩═══════╗

Mood: The Cherry Blossom Devil Idaina. Let intoduce ourselfs Shall !?
Weapon: Red Blossom Nodachi
Unit: N/A
Out Of Control:

" Being a devil Isnt easy "

" Ok everyone, since were going to be classmates. Lets began to get know each other, shall we? I am The devil that flows with the Cherry blossom in the distance spring. Idaina Kiri Sakura Akuma of the Akuma Family, Nice to meet you all! " One of the first year students said who was tall and had a adult figure. With her nodachi in its sword bag over her right shoulder, still holding her red sticker filled covered suitcase with a thumbs up. With a gay simle towards all of them .

Its best to make friends now, to stand united and help each other out. Idaina wanted to make alot of friends as possible, just like her mother and father before her.

CHAIN [ROCKIN' 8 GLIDER MIX]

"When it blooms its pink fire blaze, in the distance spring..."
それは距離が春にピンクの火の炎を、咲く頃......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:37 pm
Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe turned and adjusted the kippah when he heard the loud mouthed speak. Were all witches like this? He thought darkly. He couldn't believe that there was a 11 year old who had a body like that, she must have really been in her 20's at least. "?השם מה מקבלת את עצמי" Moshe muttered darkly. This was going to be a strange year. Moshe hoped that he would be able get through this year with out going insane.  

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:45 pm

User Image

User Image
User Image

Charlotte was sure, well almost certain, that she had lost her left big toe to the cold. Either that or the anxiety, fear, excitement, and bubbling joy was blocking out nerving feeling in her brain. She sadly, preferred the first to the latter. The clash of emotions and the silence among her future possible hopefully one of them have a sense of humor classmates was driving her out of normal levels of anxiety, fear, excitement, and bubbling joy.

Taking in a deep breath, she tried to settle her stomach which was currently debating with her whether it should act like it is empty or that it want to forceful empty out via her mouth. Her internal voice just muttered, What a way to start of the year, eh? Throwing...great way to meet-

Oh, shut up will you, she thought angrily as she tapped the toe of her boot against the ground again. Hoping that by creating pain, she could discern whether it was the cold or the emotion. It appeared to be the cold. Just as she was about to ask about how much long they would wait, another face joined the crowd of new ones. Listening to the girl, she felt a spark of hope.

"Oh, thank goodness," Charlotte said before blowing into her hands again. "I was beginning to think I was the only one who didn't enjoy the frigged air.

Just as she had finished speaking, the girl, whom Charlotte was sure had to have some major padding going on spoke. For a moment she didn't say any thing, lest she laugh. Her minds immediate response was, That is a anime heroine opening line after she wields her sword and save the confused future hero, whom she will fall in love with late...if I ever heard one. The devil that flows from the long winded title that I will never remember.

Then for the sake of not being rude even with her own head she quick stomped out any other lines of thought that follow after. She was slightly amazed she had allowed that one to slip to the forefront. Clearing her mind of all the rudeness, she said, "That sounds like a time wasting, non-mind consuming idea...I love it. My name is Charlotte Claremont."

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:30 pm
~~Nottingham McNair~~

User Image"And I..." came a voice from behind the crowd. "..am Nottingham McNair."

Nott sauntered up to the trembling group from the main street of Hogsmeade. An attendant relived him of his trunk and he joined the others at the edge of the docks. Looking up and giving a friendly nod to the Groundskeeper to make sure that he had been accounted for, he turned back to his fellow classmates. For a moment he let his eyes slip over each of them. Some of them were going to be in his house. This crowd could contain his future best friends, enemies or loves.

And then he smiled. "Ah, Lottie. There you are, how have you been managing without me to entertain you."

Nott had been rather disgruntled when her visit with her aunt had ended. But it was just one more thing to look forward to the school year about. He had to restrain himself from bursting out laughing at her agitated little foot stomping and shivering. Using his remaining reserves, he forced himself to look calm and unaffected by the weather. Although his face and hands were already tingling from the chill.

"What's wrong? Is it me? Has my presence and innate grace made you tremble? I can understand. It's alright." He grinned playfully before stoicly stepping back to give her distance to recover. Though as he did he realized just how close to the edge of the docks he was.

She wouldn't push me in...would she?

Garden of Wisteria

Mellow Magpie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:57 pm

User Image

User Image
User Image

Charlotte gave a little jump and snapped her head around to watch as the owner of the view stepped closer to the group. Charlotte should have known, she really should have known, that Nottingham McNair would choose to simple arrive at Hogsmeade Station. Rather then join her in London, at King Cross and enjoy a nice chilly ride with her. She remember how she had been forced to share with two overly chatty older year students, who pretend that she was table during half the ride and then as if in an act of mercy went to go wreck havoc in someone else's cabin. I should push him off the deck, for all the pain he has put me through...however I would hate for him to get hypothermia before the school even truly begins, she thought sighing.

Leveling a playful glare at him, instead, she said in a dignified hushed voice, "Very well, Mister Nuttingham. Very well. So well in fact that I will be forced to endure you as a boat mate to prevent myself from going ice numbingly bored."

Smiling a little, she knew that in truth she was beyond happy to see him. She had been looking forward to seeing her best wizarding friend since the train pulled out of Hogsmeade station and had only grow in the months that had followed. Right up till his appearance of course, then her memory filled in all the hole of what she had clearly been blacking out.

"You wish," Charlotte retorted rubbing her hands together, she tried in vain to control the trembling, but even before she started she knew it wouldn't work. It didn't help that Nott seem completely unaffected. Maybe he should be my first test subject, she thought as she said, "If you must know I'm trembling with excitement over the prospect that eventually I'll be out of this cold. Not to mention the idea of more food...which does hold a far higher place on my list, than you.

Trying to contain a shiver, she gritted her teeth a bit and then tired to ease her cold tense shoulder muscles. Doing so she said quietly to him, "I'm assuming that you spent the remaining time I was gone working on that tea situation...,hm?"

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:52 pm

"I Stand under the Great Cherry Blossom ..."
私は大桜の下にスタンド...

User Image
╚════════☩═══════╝
╣-Idaina Kiri S. Akuma-╠
- 偉大な霧の桜悪魔 -
╔════════☩═══════╗

Mood: Flying High, Higher than the Vast Blue.
Weapon: Red Blossom Nodachi
Unit: N/A
Out Of Control:

" Being a devil Isnt easy "

Unfortunately, her padding was real.... her chest size was a D. " Lets see.. Nick names... Nott-Kun, Lottie-Chan... or Char wait CHAR? No Lets not do Char Aznable from Mobile suit gundam... red comet.... No.... Lottie chan... " Randomiing making nicknames from people she didn't really know yet. Aside from the random gundam reference from her inner otaku.

Aside from it being cold as alaska in the winter, it didn't really matter. Idaina was warm in her jacket, wearing a naval styled hat with the uniform she was wearing.

CHAIN [ROCKIN' 8 GLIDER MIX]

"When it blooms its pink fire blaze, in the distance spring..."
それは距離が春にピンクの火の炎を、咲く頃......

Char-pun

Shadowy Rogue

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:54 pm
~~Nottingham McNair~~

User Image

Nott shuffled his feet. He had been working on the tea spell. He had only done it inside one more time before he learned his lesson that it was definitely an outdoor kind of spell. Every time he tried the tea would geyser out of his wand. Eventually, much later eventually, he was able to control the flow better and it was merely a fast flowing, heavy stream. But stopping it could still be problematic.

He had tried repeatedly to make himself feel better by reasoning that he was just a really powerful wizard. But that sort of thinking was hard to maintain when he remembered how effortlessly Charlotte had performed it and out deftly she handled magic. However, the fact that they had snuck practicing did give him a little more confidence about their upcoming year. His mother had packed a few potions in his trunk, just in case of emergencies and nothing against school rules, unfortunately. His father had given him a pocket watch that chimed and spoke when it was opened, it would remind him what needed to be done so hopefully he would keep all of his work done and have no excuses for missed assignments.

Nott had a small supply from Zonko's and Weasley's that he intended to put to good use this year. Other than that, his luggage was fairly boring. He had been hoping to bring one of his family's owls to school this year, but his mother couldn't spare them. She was even planning on buying another one to help handle the day to day orders. So Nott had come to school with no companion. Really he would have loved to bring a horse, but that wasn't quite the same as having a cat. So he would have to content himself with broom riding, something he was most anxious to begin.

Looking back to Charlotte again he had the distinct urge to go rub her hands and give her his cloak, just to stop her from jumping around. Just looking at her made him cold. Which didn't help that his feet were starting to feel the cold as well now and ache in the thin black leather loafers. But he remained still and as carefree looking as he could manage.

"I take no offense to that. I would trade myself in for a good treacle tart at the moment." Allowing for the nonsensicality of his statement to settle in and avoid her mention of the tea spell, he looked over their classmates a little more closely. Lots of girls, not that it bothered Nott at all. There was plenty of him to go around, he thought with a smirk.

Some of them were just screaming Slytherin. What was it about that house that attracted such a specific crowd? Nott once again felt the cold fear edging at him that he might end up there. He knew there was something dark inside of him. Not outwardly manifested at all, but certain things worried him. Like how fascinating he found the Dark Arts. Any story his father or Fenniwick would spare about dark wizards was like candy to him and he would sit entranced as they spoke. Or the chest. That old chest at Fenniwicks seemed to upset everyone that was around it simply with the dark energies that it gave off. But Nott was spellbound by it.

Is there a dark wizard inside of me?

He didn't want to believe that. He was a good bloke; friendly, considerate and adventurous. He didn't want to think that underneath he was just like these others. So cold and distant.

He shivered for the first time, but not from the cold. As his gaze returned to Charlotte, his smile came back as well. He sauntered across the dock and slipped next to her, leaning a little closer to whisper.

"So, still think you are going to be top of the class? Are you prepared and ready to blow the rest of us out of the water?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:43 pm

User Image

User Image
User Image

It was the feeling of her his body heat that sent a jolted down her spine. Shaking her out of her thoughts about what the heck she was going to do if she was sent off to Hufflepuff. Which her own opinion, sounded like the silly anime character, creature, whatever it was thing called Jigglypuff. Sucking in a calming breath, she tried to steady her heart beat, her nerves and her shivers, which was made easier thanks to Nott's heat she at least steady one.

"Oh, I don't know about blow everyone else out water. However in you're case, I would advice that you learn to swim. If you don't know how to yet." she said smirking. Then she took a breath, growing serious as her thoughts drifted slightly. Her mind replayed the night before, the late night chocolate frog hot chocolate roof top chat she had had with her dad. "I spoke about with my dad. I told him I had read everything book they had bought me for school and during summer. He said it was admirable and a good temporary goal...but that...And I know it sounds random, but he told me that 'Books are wonderful, but an alway open mind will achieve greater things when it isn't blocked by pages or bindings'."

For a moment she paused, ringing her fingers before her trying to stave off both the cold and the anxiety. Finally she continued whispering back to Nott, "I have deciphered what he means, of course. I'm just not sure how I should go about. There isn't a book on how to be open minded, which makes sense, but doesn't help."

It was what had consumed her thoughts during the train ride and probably would have continued had it not been for train stopping and the knowledge that sorting came before classes. She just want to close her mind off from all the worry at moment, she could feel the frown marks on her fore head. That along with the words her mother had shared with her were making her re-think the 'top of the class' idea, Gah, no! Confidence, confidence, confidence where did you go? I can't manage all this without some sort of support...I just have to get control of myself and hope that I don't faint before sorting.

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Mellow Magpie

BlueRaspberryVodka

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 am
Alexa and Rowan Titan

Alexa Titan exited the scarlet train and surveyed the scene imperiously. A sea of black bodies was moving toward a line of carriages, that for whatever reason had no horses. Occasionally one or two of the dark forms would part from the larger sea and head toward a blond woman, calling from near a large lake.
Rolling her shoulders Alexa thought of the journey so far. Buying her wand and spell books with her parents had been a very enlightening experience, she remembered Flourish & Blotts in particular. She had purchased several extra books and had spent most of the train ride reading one or the other of them.
With a start she felt her sister nudging her forward, and realized that she was blocking the exit. An exclamation of “First years, here” from the blond and she made her way through the crowd.

Rowan wore a cocky and excited smile on her face. She walked with a bounce in her step, her combat boots making a dull thud on the road. She twirled her wand in her hand, while tugging gently at the dog collar around her neck. It was well worn and itched her slightly but that was not enough to distract her from the excitement of this new adventure. Following her sister toward the lake she made a quick greeting/salute to the woman, releasing her collar and touching 2 fingers to a point just over her eyebrow. Still twirling her wand she looked at the few other students gathered around the woman, and smiled broadly at them all.
“Hey I'm Rowan. You guys can all call me Rowan” She said with a small laugh. Turning back to the woman she touched her fingers to her eyebrow and cocked her head slightly. “Hello miss. When do we find out what houses we are in?”

Alexa merely crossed her arms in annoyance and stared at each of the other first years in turn, trying to figure what they were thinking.

((No pics because I haven't finished them. Once these two are sorted I will be able to finish their pictures.))  
Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff