Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Politics and Debates
My Views on God blahblahblah Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 am
orangechicken29
Northe
I refuse to believe in any diety.
Want to know why?
If we were created by a "God"
We'd know what God is/means when we're born.
Thats not my only argument, but it's whats shut up most of my debtors in the Debate-Team.
Yes, I am a nerd, but arguing is ********' shweet.

It probably shut them up because they were so taken aback by how loosely connected this argument is to the point. I've heard arguments against God, but none as uneducated as this. First off, it's called faith. Second off, naiveness to God doesn't translate to the lack of God. Go read Thomas Aquinas. Maybe then you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Whatever helps you sleep, kiddo.
Faith is stupid. Get your throat slit. e.e  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:42 am
Woww it doesn`t matter if you believe in God or not, you shouldn't be telling anyone to slit their throat over it. This guild is about acceptance and tolerance, and that should extend not only to people of different sexual orientations and gender identities but also to people with different beliefs, people of different races, etc. I think there is no place for discrimination of any kind here. Please keep that in mind.  

me-maybe-not

JustahBustah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:58 pm
I wouldn't go to the extent of telling them to slit their throats.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:51 pm
Northe
orangechicken29
Northe
Want to know why?
Thats not my only argument, but it's whats shut up most of my debtors in the Debate-Team.

It probably shut them up because they were so taken aback by how loosely connected this argument is to the point. I've heard arguments against God, but none as uneducated as this. First off, it's called faith. Second off, naiveness to God doesn't translate to the lack of God. Go read Thomas Aquinas. Maybe then you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Wow! Nice counter argument! You SURE are good at debating.  

orangechicken29

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:53 pm
orangechicken29
Northe
orangechicken29
Northe
Want to know why?

Wow! Nice counter argument! You sure are good at debating.

Yeahh, sure. You started it by calling me uneducated, pal.
Thats ad-hominem IE; the lowest common denominator of arguing.
Where you become so perplexed you insult me, instead of the argument.
Anyway, what makes you think I even want to talk with, much less debate with someone whose so deluded in self-glory such as yourself?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:12 pm
Northe
orangechicken29
Northe
orangechicken29
Northe
Want to know why?

Wow! Nice counter argument! You sure are good at debating.

Yeahh, sure. You started it by calling me uneducated, pal.
Thats ad-hominem IE; the lowest common denominator of arguing.
Where you become so perplexed you insult me, instead of the argument.
Anyway, what makes you think I even want to talk with, much less debate with someone whose so deluded in self-glory such as yourself?

I called your argument uneducated. Not you. I'm sure you're a brilliant mastermind with huge plans for the future. Further, what you call ad-honinem, I call good ol'fashion passion. No personal attacks there, unless you personally identify with your arguments. Further, in your last post, you not only told me to slit my throat, but in the one after it, you called me "deluded in self-glory" and "perplexed". How about that for ad-honinem? Takes one to know one, I guess. Oh, and I admit to getting a bit on the rough side. Further, your original point, about the "knowing God," did in fact perplex me. If you used that one in a debate, I'd be taken aback: it's so easily thwarted that I wouldn't know what to say. Again, go read Thomas Aquinas.  

orangechicken29

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:05 pm
orangechicken29
Northe
Want to know why?

http://youtu.be/U3yKxvW9yNA  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:12 pm
Shilberu Erikku
orangechicken29
Northe
Want to know why?

http://youtu.be/U3yKxvW9yNA

Haha! Lulz Kittens, awesome video!  

orangechicken29

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:41 pm
orangechicken29
Shilberu Erikku
If there was a god, he wouldn't have made people capable of hate.

How could you describe love without hate? How could you describe good without bad? Negative energy gives positive energy substance. Further, how would you know what God wants, or what would do? Sure, maybe if YOU were God, you'd erase hatred. It's presumptuous and pretentious to assume what God wants.
Then doesn't that make everyone who DOES believe in god presumptuous and pretentious? Why revel in blind faith?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:02 pm
Shilberu Erikku
orangechicken29
Shilberu Erikku

How could you describe love without hate? How could you describe good without bad? Negative energy gives positive energy substance. Further, how would you know what God wants, or what would do? Sure, maybe if YOU were God, you'd erase hatred. It's presumptuous and pretentious to assume what God wants.
Then doesn't that make everyone who DOES believe in god presumptuous and pretentious? Why revel in blind faith?

It can be! As can atheism. Uneducated faith, as well as uneducated atheism, can both BE presumptuous. Are they always? No. Not always.  

orangechicken29

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:11 am
Northe
Meeatu
Northe

Why?

The two have no intrinsic correlation.

Doesn't that completely go against the whole point of faith?
Substantiate your argument.

Because, stupid.
Lol, when a dog is born, it knows it parents from the start.
And don't spout off "oh humans aren't dogs"
No s**t. It's the closest thing I can assimilate into this argument.
None the less, I don't have to back up what I said.
I could care less if you share similar views or don't.

It's rather easier to know ones parents when one first has to squeeze oneself out of one parents v****a, then spend the next 16 years under both parents roofs.

Also; I don't know what it means to be God, as was your first (illogical) condition of Gods' existence.
But since you've changed your condition:
I know my God.
I know him to be my father.
Thus, according to your theory, God must exist, and be my father.

You see the nonsense you spout?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:46 am
Shilberu Erikku
orangechicken29
Shilberu Erikku

Why not?
I revel in what makes me feel good.

Also; in before: "because it does not make logical sense!"
No, it doesn't.
And...?
Logical argument is fundamentally hypocritical in that it must employ circular logic to prove itself, and thus, logically, must disprove itself.
It is a paradox, and no more justifiable than any other method of thought.  

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200

ForteAmora

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:40 am
I was kinda hoping to get a response to what I said 3: I thought I maid a good point sad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 am
Xx2Cute2BeEvilxX
I was kinda hoping to get a response to what I said 3: I thought I maid a good point sad

You want a response?OK:
Neko shota

There.Happy?  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
Politics and Debates

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff