Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Empty Classrooms Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 pm
User Image"Oh" Nott said, frozen in place. His eyes drifted as he gazed into the middlespace and he tried not to move. Her lips taste like mint and honey he tried not to twitch. My best friend...and I know what her lips taste like. He was resisting running his tongue over his lower lip again. But the struggle was so much that he had to either give in or sit frozen. It was like kissing her without the intimacy. And it put the idea of kissing her directly in the forefront of his mind.

Granted, he had been toying with the idea of what she had meant to him. Now that was all gone. He had kissed girls before but it was all just young silliness. Nothing that involved actual feelings. But Charlotte scared him. She brought out feelings in him that he had never had before. He had never felt awkward, nervous or scared around girls. But Charlotte made him feel all of that and more.

His lips felt extremely sensitive and overly aware of the smell of the lip balm. "It's nice." his voice came out low and gravely. He cleared his throat. "So, Charms?" his voice was still low and gravely.

His eyes were locked on hers and he just couldn't look away. Except to drop down to look at her lips. Then back to her eyes. Lips. Eyes. Lips. Dear Merlin, help me.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:21 pm
User Image
User Image

Charlotte was sure she wasn't breathing. She was sure, because her chest was far to tight and far to warm, like she was holding her breath. Which was strange, cause she felt rather like she was running out of breath. Her mouth was open, but she knew that not a breath of air was passing by.

It hadn't been like this a minute ago, she thought as she mind scrambled to configure itself again. a few minutes ago, she had just been embarrassed for foolishly mixing up the bottle. She had been chuckling at Nott's attempt to freeze a fleeing chocolate confection. It hadn't been tense or warm. No it had been lighthearted and airy and then he had to mention the new lip balm she was trying out. A winter gift from her Aunt, a harmless token of care.

Now, due to honey and mint, she knew what a deer felt like when head light sweep out of the darkness at it. She could barely move for wondering if she broke whatever was going on...would the world shift axis. It seemed like it had, given Nott's eyes. Back and forth, straight into hers and then back down and nervousness made her wet her lip. For a brief moment, the moisture broke through the fog and delivered one thought, I'm going to need to change my lip balm.

___________________*___________________
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
{{}{Springy 10 1/2 inch, Birch wood with a core of Jobberknoll feather}{}}
>3<

Mellow Magpie

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:37 pm
User ImageThe air actually felt thick. Time had slowed down. There was something more in the room than the two of them. Tension, Expectation clouded the space between them.

Nott wanted to think reasonably. To tell himself that this was Charlotte. He couldn't- No, he FORBID himself to go down this road, to chance ruining their friendship with his usual bad habits. He 'loved' all women. He appreciated them on a level that a lot of his male classmates hadn't discovered yet. He had never thought that little girls had 'gnome boogey disease' or anything like some little children like to say. He had been the little boy running wild across the playground hand in hand with a pretty little girl. And then a different one the next day and different the day after that.

And he had never quite grown out of that stage. He had never been able to be satisfied with one girl enough to forsake all others. Granted in the silly childhood 'relationships' it wasn't always such a big deal. But Nott knew that he was still like that. Would it be any different with Charlotte?

Wait? How could he be thinking about dating Charlotte? Where had that come from? He was just thinking about kissing her and then...But of course, he knew why his thoughts had made the next step. Because he didn't want this to be some 'fun' night of kissing and cuddling with a random girl whose name he would forget the next morning. Charlotte was special.

All of those thoughts ran through his mind at light speed. The electricity crackled between them as Nott leaned forward ever so slightly to set the bottle down on the table, his eyes never leaving Charlotte's. But that, that simple tiny act of moving mere inches closer to her, triggered something. Like a magnet he was feeling himself pulled closer to her, he couldn't fight it. Didn't want to fight it.

Leaning across the table, his eyes dropped back to her lips as one hand reached out to slip over her shoulder and around her neck to cradle her head gently as he bent down and their lips met. It felt like time stopped but the world spun to a blur. Her lips were so soft and sweet, and the second they touched his it was like his body came alive for the first time. He murmured softly against her lips as the kiss deepened and his fingers ran further up through her silky curls.

He wasn't thinking any longer and didn't want to think. In fact the only rational bit of information passing through his brain was how much he hated the small table that was in between them that he was leaning over to meet her lips while it kept their bodies apart.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:40 am
User Image
User Image

It was all his eyes fault. They gazed at her with such, such...She had no words for it. Whatever the words was, whatever it meant she was held captive by it. As his hand, his skin made contact with her's, albeit on her neck, she felt a jolt run through her, making her slightly lighthead. She tried to take air in, but inly sharp breaths went out as if her lungs were running a race.

This isn't right, this isn't right, this isn't right, played over and over again in her mind, but as soon his lips meet hers. Something like white static drowned out the wise mantra, though it could have just been the sudden bust of warmth that had bloom. Everything seemed blurry and slow, but somewhere in Charlotte's still working mind, she understood it could have just been because she looking out through nearly closed eyes.

Then it was too much to keep her eye lids up, they slide close and for an instance Charlotte body gave an order to kiss him back, but before she could obey or refuse. Nott mumbled something which caused her eyelids to flutter open, the mantra returned, only to be blocked out again as Nott's soft sweet lip meet hers, but deeper. A warm tingle ran through her, she was sure her heart was about to bust, where as before she had feared it had gone silent.

But the mantra hadn't given up. Despite the fact, that her body urged, rather demanded to kiss him back. However a crack has formed in the white warm and pleasure, causing her brows to furrow and her body to stiffen as her mind started to come back. Thisisn'tright. Thisisn't right. This Isn't Right. THIS ISN'T RIGHT! made her eyes snap open and her body to give a jolt upward. As she parted from Nott's lips, another part of her mind screamed and demanded she go back. Confused, she stumbled back and landed on top of the chaise lounge and right on top of her bag.

The pain brought her back, fast than the mantra which hadn't stopped. Gasping for air, she scrambled off her bag, and then fumbled with the straps. Intend on living, but something stopped her as she stood. She glanced down at where Nott was, her eyes wide and her breath coming out in small gasp as if she had been running or crying. Gah! what is wrong with me? Now I feel like crying, she thought as she tried to figure out what she was going to say, if she should say something, but all she could do was stare at him feeling the prickling sensation that also came when she was about to cry. Darn it!

Mellow Magpie

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 am
User ImageIt was wonderful. Beyond wonderful. Clearly there was more magic than what came from a swing of a wand in this world and Nott had found it here. No thoughts of what this meant or what would happen when their lips parted entered his thinking. Until of course, Charlotte jerked backward, tumbling and falling onto her things and then grabbing them up as she stood as though she was going to storm away from him.

Nott was frozen in alarm. What did I just do? Oh my God- "I'm so sorry." he rushed, moving toward her, intent on reaching out for her but stopping himself. I'm sure that last thing she wants is for me to touch her. "I swear, I don't know what that was. I never- I mean...Gah, please...I'm so sorry."

He didn't know what to say. In truth he wasn't sure 'sorry' was the correct word. He did have major regret that he upset her. Charlotte was his closest friend. He felt like he had betrayed her, hurt her. But he couldn't help but think that it had felt very right. Obviously Charlotte didn't feel the same way on that score.

She looked scared, helpless, and her eyes were glistening with pooling tears. He wanted to throw himself right out the window for doing that to her. I'm a nasty git. How could I do that to her? Maybe I really do live up to the old Slytherin stereotype. "Look, Lottie, I'm really sorry." He reached down and scooped his own things into his bag and tossed it up onto his shoulder quickly. "I promise, it will never happen again. I'll just- I'll go."

Embarrassment was a new sort of emotion for Nott. It didn't feel good.

Stepping backward, his eyes glued to her sad face, he grimaced. Turning away he jogged across the short remainder of the dusty old room to the door. Granted he still wasn't quite sure where he was going; to bed to try to sleep away this memory or to the Astronomy Tower to take a big leap for being the biggest arse in all of the castle.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:52 am
User Image
User Image

Charlotte didn't move. She couldn't move because if she did she would bust. However it didn't seem to matter. As she watched Nott's form disappear out the door, she knew it didn't matter because soon the doorway blurred and her knees gave way. She shut her eyes in one last attempt to keep them in, but all it did was make them spill over. Gasping, she tried to regaining herself.

How? How? How did everything fall apart like this? she thought brushing the tears away. She still had no idea why she was crying. Maybe it was that he had taken her first kiss, but she knew that she had never considered it before now. Or maybe it was the feeling, but she knew that was a lie. It could have been from the pain from hearing that he would never let the warm kiss happen again, but as the thought hit her she realized what had made the tears fall.

No, she thought as she wobbled to her feet. She brushed her hair back, feel a strange emptiness start to settle in as she picked up her two books. Still wobbly, she started towards the door. Sniffling, she could feel the tear tracks drying, this knowledge made her eyes prickle again. Taking a deep breath, trying to put off the new wave, she glanced back thinking, I don't want my friendship to end here. Gah! My face must be a mess...I need to get the tower. The Tower...

With that she slipped through the door and head for the grand staircase, her head down hoping the tears would stay down in till she could back to her bed.

Mellow Magpie

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:19 pm
Indala rushed down the corridor leading Will, and entered a classroom that was vacant.
As soon as they were both in the room she closed the door, let go of his hand,
and set her things down on what would be the teachers desk, careful not to re-break the candle.

The only thing she could think clearly about was a growing need for fresh air.
She walked more slowly to the window and threw it open,
taking a deep gulp of the clean air that wafted in.
Her tears had dried up, thank Merlin. The walk to the empty classroom had allowed her to regain more of her composure.

I really hadn't expected any of this today...
she breathed in deeply again,
and turned to Will, finally ready to face him and to deal with whatever damage she had caused.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:44 pm
William RadcliffeUser Image

Will followed after Indala, his mind racing after their kiss, wondering what was wrong to make her cry like that. He hoped it was nothing he had done, because of how strongly he felt for her. She led him into an abandoned classroom and opened the window. He bit his lip, watching her every step of the way. Finally, she turned to face him. He drew in a deep breath, expecting her to tell him that he did something wrong.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:58 pm
Indala sighed again and dropped her head, rubbing her eyes with both of her hands.
Quietly she spoke, "It's not you...",
and looked back up at him. "I..I'm not sure what happened to be honest."
She turned and glanced out of the open window.
Without turning back to him she spoke, her words mixed with a touch of dark laughter,
"I have a lot of problems."

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:03 pm

Will nodded slightly, not fully understanding what she was referencing. When she turned away from him and said that she had problems, he stepped forward and put his arms around her. "Listen Indala, whatever your problems are, you don't have to face them alone. I don't know about anyone else, but I'll stand by your side to see you through them."  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:20 pm
Indala closed her eyes, taking in the feel of his arms around her and the words he had spoken.

I can't do it, I can't tell him. I care about him too much.
I don't want him to not even give me a chance.

Biting her lip, she turned around facing Will, still in his arms her sad eyes met his,
" What if they affect you, or your family? I don't think I could stand to watch that,
especially not if I knew that I was the cause."

How did this happen so suddenly?

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:27 pm

He looked at her, the feeling of her arm running over his arms as she turned to face him; the concern for him and his family in her voice suddenly shocking him. What could be so bad that she's afraid for the family? He didn't really know what to say and that made him incredibly nervous, but her eyes... her eyes gave him the confidence to speak. "Listen, Indala, I'm willing to face whatever I have to in order to protect you. I know Tammy will be right there with me. My mother and father too. What is so bad that you're fearing for my family?"  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 pm
She let out a sigh of relief and a small smirk escaped her.
"Will, you were there at the beginning of the year.
You know very well what you will have to deal with around me."

You're overreacting.
It's not like it's marriage Eve, he just kissed you.
And, after the way you reacted you're lucky he's still standing here.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:48 pm

He furrowed his eyebrows, unsure of what she meant by that. He tried to remember back to the beginning of the year, but since it was almost the end of the first year, he couldn't really remember. "What... what do you mean?" he asked, still struggling to remember what had happened that she was referencing.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

NarwhalTears

3,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:09 pm
"Sorry, I guess it's always on my mind," she let out a small hopeless chuckle, and looked down.
Nervously she played with a piece of her hair to keep her hands busy.
" My father. He'd be happy to mess with you, or your family... anything that I care about."
She met Will's eyes again, and let out a breath slowly.

There was so much more to it then that,
but maybe she would be able to hide this part of her life from Demetrius Grey.
After all, she hadn't heard much from him since receiving that howler at the beginning of the year.
He had held a tyrannical rule over her life since she had been born;
for him to let her dictate her own life while at Hogwarts seemed too much to hope for.
Actually, the fact that she hadn't heard from him was unnerving.

Something must be going on at home,
she concluded but forced it to the back of her mind for now, and focused again on Will.

User Image  
Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces