I dont know
View Results

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:09 pm
If I have a daughter, I want to name her Charmalie. (Shar-mah-lee).

I think it's nice to have names that you don't hear all the time. I know sooooo many Rachels, Sarahs, Bens, Joshuas and Jessicas. I'm glad I don't hear my name all the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:12 pm
Having an unusual name is nice, but having a far too unusual name makes me wonder about the parents. I work with some children and some names of the kids make me wonder that the hell the parents were on.

As for common names, it doesn't matter too much for me. I've loved the name Jada for so many years, since I was a little girl. It's a very popular name nowadays whereas back when I first fell in love with it, it was virtually unheard of. I'm not going to not give my daughter my favorite name because it's popular. ;3  

Ramiele

Sparkly Explorer

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:42 pm
I don't think you should go for names because they are unusual, or foreign or just plain unheard of. It's a stupid reason to name a baby a certain name.
I think as long as you like the meaning behind it, it's a great name. Names should have meanings, like strength, or wisdom and what not.
I'm naming my future baby girl Alice. It is my great grandmother's name. She's outlived her daughter, her husband, and almost all of her friends. She's 90 something, and still going strong. She's only just now living in an old folk's home. She's an amazing woman, who has done so much with her life. She's lucky to be alive, and for so long as well. She almost died giving birth several times, and all of her children died except for one. I'm lucky to be alive because of her, too. I can only hope my future daughter can be half as lucky and amazing as her, you know?
As for my son, I don't know yet. But his name will have some meaning behind it too.
I just think that life is crazy, and maybe if they have a meaningful name they'll be able to get through it all right, you know?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:44 am
I personally like using uncommon names because I think it makes the child feel special. Although, I did get a lot of, "Oh, you were named after The Little Mermaid!" Which, I wasn't...

I want to name my daughter (if I have one), Aislinn, which is a Celtic name. My family is very strongly tied to our heritage, so I like using the Celtic names.  

Satai Aalann

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

BugxNicole

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:18 pm
I love foreign names. It gives the child a unique quality.
I plan on naming my girls Annavera Marie, Xena Nicole, and Poemma Constance. My boys will be Joseph Isaac, Jacob Micheal, and Luka Thomas. I feel as though if my child is given a common name, the lose their individuality. I was named after a book character. All of the names I've picked out have certain meanings. Believe it or not, names do have relevance to your child's personality. Chloe (my name) means vibrant or one who searches. Julianna (my sister's name) means youthful or Jove's child. Annavera means favour and truth. Poemma means beautiful piece of artwork. I love names <3  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:56 pm
I like uncommon names, but I don't like seeing foreign names on all-white children. When I was younger, like, 11-12, I wanted to name my kid s**t like Natsume (Gakuen Alice) or Karin (Kamichama Karin) or Anju (Chibi Vampire). Now, I look back, and it just seems stupid and immature. I don't like the idea of naming your children after anime/manga characters. Book characters...eh. Like, all the names I'm considering have a character I got it from, but I loved the name, not just the character.
Like, I don't think the name Hermonie is useable (though it's REALLY cute) because of the immediate Harry Potter referance.
And a girl named Isabella is going to have 6 other girls in her class with that name because of Twilight.
It depends on the popularity of the series and the popularity of the name for me to think it's useable or not. razz
Anyway, my name is Moriah. Uncommon but heard of. Has the annoying Mariah Carey referance everytime I introduce myself. People tend to have me repeat how to spell it, and have trouble saying it. I like my name, it's pretty, but I don't like the hassle it has.
Currently, my top names are Tabitha Katherine, Charlotte Destiny, and Noah Chase. Nice, classic names. People know how to say and spell them, won't get where I got the names, and there won't be a s**t load of other kids with the same name in their classes. smile  

Fatgirl and Robin

kitti kat 28

6,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:52 pm
i don't think a common name is good because it can be kind of confusing at school. like my sister is named Christina. there were a ton of people named Christina at her school. She went by Autumn for awhile to avoid confusion.

some names are silly. like a lady named her kid Placenta! eek I don't think she thought about how she would feel when she got older. If I were her I'd change my name. Ive also heard of twins named Today and Tomorrow. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:54 pm
Utziel

I think as long as you like the meaning behind it, it's a great name. Names should have meanings, like strength, or wisdom and what not.
I'm naming my future baby girl Alice.

If you name your kid Alice, prepare her for Alice in Wonderland jokes and Go Ask Alice jokes. Happens a lot for people named Alice unfortunately.  

kitti kat 28

6,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

nikomas

Enduring Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:56 pm
When the time comes for me to settle down and have a family, my first daughter's name WILL be Azalea. No 'if's, 'and's, or 'but's about it. I think Azalea is a gorgeous name, and I wonder why people don't use it more often. For a second or third daughter, I'd choose between Madison, Julianne, Lila, Juniper, and Vivian.

I'm a little more indecisive about boys' names, but I have thought about Harper and Faust. I'd probably leave finding a good name for a son up to whoever my husband ends up being!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:13 am
There is nothing wrong with actual foreign names, but I personally won't give my child a silly sounding name, no matter where it is from.

I though about names like Jamie, James, Alexander, Sachiko,Yukiko, Samira (Arabic name), etc....  

User_20392979

Melody Trinity Ann

Shy Cutie-Pie

9,000 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:27 am
Well, I must admit, I am one of those people who are funny about giving kids unusual names. But then again, my finance wanted to name our first son Link. And I was like, "Oh, HELL no." I wouldn't mind the name "Kyo" though. But no WAY am I gonna name any of my kids from a freaking video game. Sorry, but no.

We did decide on a name for our little girl. It's a common name though. "Nina Maria." It was his idea but I don't mind. The name is really starting to grow on me though. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:39 am
Banshee Cupcake
i like it o3o reminds me of kyo from fruits basket.....weird name for something with nothing to do with fruit hmmmm anyways i think i wanna name my kids Alice Garnet Ruby or Relea for girls aaaaaaaaaaand for boys Jake and....... o.o ACK IDK!

Kyo from fruba was the first place I read and heard the name. Then Kyo from Black bird and a few other manga that I dont recall. I just love the name. And all the charicters who have the name are strong heart xp  

animexgames

animexgames

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:11 pm
[img]http://[IMG]http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Peppermon/4thjuly003.jpg[/img][/img]  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:34 am
animexgames
Why is it so wrong to name my baby a forgin name that most people have never heard of (not unless you read manga or watch anime)
I named my son ~KYO~ I love the name but my boyfreinds family is still giveing me crap about his name. It already set in papper work, and its an awsome name.

What do you guys think is it stupid to name my all American baby boy Kyo?

Personally, I think it is a very beautiful name. It's much better than what other people are naming their kids these days (I heard one cruel woman named her kid "Facebook" or "Google" or something). I don't think there's anything wrong with your kid's name.
It's only when you name your kid something that isn't a name, or when you take a commonly used name and try to make it "unique" by spelling it differently will I have to disagree.  

BarnOwl6-5

Unbeatable Pirate

9,825 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Ultimate Player 200

MadamoiselleMorganne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 am
MissNightingaleCat
If I have a daughter, I want to name her Charmalie. (Shar-mah-lee).

I think it's nice to have names that you don't hear all the time. I know sooooo many Rachels, Sarahs, Bens, Joshuas and Jessicas. I'm glad I don't hear my name all the time.

I like that name. Of course, when I first read it I pronounced in my head kar-mah-lee, but I like the softer sound at the beginning. It is very pretty.

Those names are all common (maybe not Jessica, not sure) because they are biblical. I get why people would want to name their child after a biblical figure, but they should choose something different once in awhile.
I am going to name my son (if I have one) Asher. If I have two boys then the second one might be named Issichar. My fiance and I haven't completely decided yet, but we like the idea of using the 12 tribes of Israel, three of which his older sister has already used.  
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff