Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deutscher Adler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Bloody Baron
Slytherin House Ghost

"Even in death, I still suffer the aches of my life..."

The Bloody Baron watched as he became the only male ghost in the room. He immediately felt the urge to leave the presence of the Grey Lady, almost as if his chains were tugging him out of the bathroom. "Good day," he said brusquely, and passed through the wall.

"These chains are proof of my sorrow."

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:59 pm
Tamara "Goldilocks" RadcliffeUser Image

Tamara slipped through the door to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom and closed the door behind her, letting out a heavy sigh. Professor Watkins catching her almost ruining the whole plan, but here she was. She checked the ingredients again, then looked at her watch. Brewing the potion would take most of the night, but Tamara wasn't afraid of that. She could sleep in Transfig or Astronomy. She sat down on the floor and pulled her cauldron out of her bag. She praised her mother for putting the expansion charm on her bag during break. Then she arrayed the ingredients around her and began to brew the potion. She filled the cauldron half-way with water and started to crush the castor beans with the flat of her knife. After adding the juice to the water, she cast incendio under her cauldron and left a little fire there to heat the brew. Then she separated the porcupine quills out and added a few in short bursts, stirring them into the bubbling broth. A light blue mist began to rise from the potion. She checked her book and nodded when it said that was supposed to happen. Sighing heavily, Tammy continued. She had to skin the shrivelfigs next. She remembered the charm that Professor McNair had taught them to skin and she got her wand out again. Tracing her wand along the seem of each shrivelfig, she recited the incantation. While the juices came to a boil, she set about adding the wormwood to the brew. A puff of green smoke shot out of the brew and made Tammy cough a little, but afterward she felt happy. The potion was working, she told herself. Checking on the shrivelfig juice, she yawned and looked at her watch. Almost two hours had passed. She rubbed her eyes and took the mint sprigs from the jar she had filched, then added them to the potion, stirring them into the brew. At long last, she removed the glass of shrivelfig juice from the fire and poured it into the brew. Wisps of yellowish smoke rose from the potion and once they dissipated, she checked the potion. It was a sunny yellow color, like the book said it should be. Before she extinguished the small flame, she added two sprigs of peppermint to add to the flavor and counter act the nose tweaking, then finally moved the cauldron to a cooling station in one of the sinks. Exhaling a deep breath, Tammy dipped a vial into the potion and held it up. "To my health." With that, she downed the potion. At first, she only tasted the peppermint, but after a few minutes she began to feel giddy and happy. She started to hum happily, as if the whole year had been sunshine and flowers, instead of brutal nightmares and several injuries. After a few more minutes, she realized that her potion was an amazing success. She quickly bottled up the entire potion into many different vials and containers, then cleaned up her equipment and left.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:13 pm
User Image

"Myrtle, are you there, Myrtle?" Oberon was bored; there were no Quidditch practices going on, and Professor Skylar was busy giving some first-years detention. It was time to try to cheer up Myrtle, yet again. By flirting. "Yoo-hoo, Ronnie is here and he'd love to see you!"

Oberon would never have looked at a girl like Myrtle in life, but death had made him so lonely. His Eleanor was now far too old for him, and besides, she was married. At least, last time he checked. But it wasn't like she was going to be interested in a ghost of her school-age boyfriend either. Myrtle was all Oberon had.

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:59 am
User Image
The last enemy that shall be destroyed...

Growing tired of being alone, Rose decided to look for some company, be it alive or dead. As she passed by Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, she heard some people talking inside. Curious, she peeked by passing her head through the door. There was a couple of ghosts in here, including the Grey Lady, some students, and an elf.

She wanted to join in, eager for someone to talk to. However, the presence of the Grey Lady intimidated her. Even when she was still a student, she considered the Grey Lady as someone far above her.

Undecided, she remained where she was, waiting to see if someone will notice her.

... is Death.

jiniistrawberii

Feral Fatcat

jiniistrawberii

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:44 am
User Image
Rose Aldermore
The last enemy that shall be destroyed...

After floating there for a few minutes, she decided that maybe now is not the right time to interact with the Grey Lady. Rose slowly, and quietly withdrew her head from the door. She felt a bit sad though: some part of her wanted to talk to the Grey Lady. After staring at the door for a few seconds, she slowly drifted of.. definitely looking for someone to talk to.

... is Death.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:46 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Making sure that no one was watching her, Tamara slipped into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom with her bag hanging at her side. She locked the door behind her and quietly stepped into the bathroom. "Hello Myrtle," she called out to the empty bathroom. She moved over to an empty stall, opened her bag and removed a cauldron. She set it down and conjured water to fill the cauldron half-way. She took a book out of her bag and flipped to a book marked page, then set about removing vials, flasks and containers from her bag. Drawing a small circle with her wand, she conjured fire underneath the cauldron and set it to boil. "Okay, set a pot of water to boil," she said, reading from the book in front of her. She glanced at the cauldron and nodded, then read the next line of the brewing process. She selected the powdered griffin's claw and poured it slowly into the now boiling water, letting it steep into water.She watched as the yellowish powder mixed into the water, turning it a yellow tint. While still boiling, Tamara picked up the flask with honeywater inside and added, first a few drops, then a few more until a bright yellow swirl roiled in the water. Checking the book again, she nodded happily and stoppered the flask, slipping it back into her bag. While the water continued to boil, she checked the next step of the brewing process, then extinguished the fire and let the brew cool. Exhaling heavily, she let the water cool and prepared to move on to the next step.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:03 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Second Year

User ImageJess was about to walk into the supposedly abandoned haunted bathroom, and found it locked. Jessica stared at the lock, arching an eyebrow, "What the devil? No sign indicating that the bathroom is closed... Bah."

Not being deterred from her task, the pale redhead drew her Cypress wand and spoke the command to the unlocking charm, "Alohamora!"

After unlocking the door to the old bathroom, Jess padded in quietly. She had heard about Mertle and the story about how she died. Feeling sympathy for the ghost, Jess also heard about some students teasing poor Mertle. Holding her breath, the pale redhead steeled herself to confront this apparition, If I don't find a cure, I might end up joining Mertle...

The young Slytherin kept herself from chickening out and proceeded into the haunted bathroom with her little peace offering... which really wasn't much other than an offer of friendship. Jess took a deep breath before she spoke, "Mertle? Are you here? I'd like to talk to you, if you wouldn't mind. My name is Jessica Sassareth, and this is my second year here. This is a day off for me, and I'm ahead of my classwork -- and I wondered if you'd like some company? I even brought a couple of books I could read to you."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara was about to move onto the next step in the brewing process when she heard the door's lock click open. She had locked it magically, so it meant one of two things: either a Prefect or Professor had discovered her or some student's curiosity for Moaning Myrtle had gotten them into trouble. She drew her wand and then silently cast the Silencing Charm around the stall where her potion was brewing. Then she heard the girl call out to Myrtle, announcing her name. I know Jessica... She's a Slytherin, Tamara thought to herself and peeked around to get a better eye on the girl. The redhead was standing near the door still, so maybe Tamara could get the upper hand. Drawing in a deep breath, Tamara silently cast the petrifying charm towards the girl.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:41 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin, Second Year

User Image Jessica was startled by a spell whizzing by the back of her head, and she screamed. The pale redhead dove out the bathroom door, not noticing that the back part of her red tresses were frozen sideways. Jess' footsteps could be heard fading away....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:51 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara smirked when the girl fled the room screaming. She didn't like terrorizing the younger students, but her experimentation shouldn't be discovered. Tamara sighed and knew that the allure of Moaning Myrtle's bathroom to younger students might mean that her potion would be disturbed again. And it needs to brew for a month. Tammy sighed again and walked back to the stall.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:36 pm
The only other thing that Tamara might spot on the floor near the door... is a old paperback book, a Nancy Drew mystery 'The Secret of the Old Clock'.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:19 pm
User Image

7TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara sat back down to continue working on her brew, but she couldn't get the girl's intrusion off of her mind. What if a Prefect or a teacher checked in here to make sure no students were fooling around. What she was doing here wasn't against the rules, but she might get in trouble for breaking curfew or they might disturb the brew. She emptied the contents and cleaned up, then dropped all the stuff into her bag. She needed to reconsider her brewing location. As she was walking out, she noticed a book lying on the floor. Jessica must have dropped this when I scared her off, Tamara thought to herself, I better return it to her. With that, Tamara unlocked the door and slipped out of the bathroom.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:08 pm
User Image
"Only a true dream
can catch my eye

and hold me down"

Heart thumping madly, Charlotte snuck into the bathroom feeling quite alert. She was in sleuth mode, and she was determined to figure out this riddle. even so, she had no idea where to begin. Her first point of interest was the floor, but after a long time of searching to no avail, she gave up on this. She knew she couldn't ask Jess about it, because she probably wouldn't understand.
Then it occurred to her. It was a simple answer, and Kat felt so stupid that she hadn't thought of it before. Myrtle! The ghost knew all that took place in this dreadful room, and she would surely be able to inform Kat of the identity of Jess's attacker.
Kat took a deep breath, as she didn't quite like conversing with ghosts. she'd had a couple run-ins with peeves first year, and that'd about done her in. Still, this was a mystery she had to solve, and her willpower outweighed her fear. "Myrtle?" She spoke in a quiet voice, then gaining confidence. "Myrtle!" She said again with more force, hoping the spirit would hear her.

User Image

Age: 13 ❤ Relationship Status: Single ❤ Mood: Timid ❤ Location: Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom

Thoughts: "Why didn't I think of this before?"

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:27 pm
User Image
"Only a true dream
can catch my eye

and hold me down"

Feeling quite shaken, Charlotte thanked the ghost with a polite nod. She was a bit nervous, and her mind was racing. It seemed she was in over her head. The attacker had been a seventh year, now a graduate. Kat was sure she couldn't confront the woman, being only a timid third-year. Still, she wanted desperately to get to the bottom of this riddle and avenge Jess's attack. Her head began to pound as she tried to think of a possible solution. Extra classes would probably not even come close to helping, as she was horrid at most subjects aside from transfiguration, and her gift of flying was really only good on the quidditch field. She was sure she wouldn't be able to convince anyone older than her to help. Feeling stumped, Charlotte wished Bailey were here to advise her on what to do. She would surely have an idea.
It was then that Charlotte suddenly had an idea. Bailey... transfiguration...
The idea was insane and naive, plus near impossible and incredibly risky. Still, Kat knew it was what she had to do. She'd dreamt of doing it before, anyways. With a final nod, Charlotte composed herself and gathered her bag, rushing off towards the owlery.

User Image

Age: 13 ❤ Relationship Status: Single ❤ Mood: Determined ❤ Location: Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom

Thoughts: "What am I getting myself into?"

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:34 pm
Moaning Myrtle

User Image

”Oooh,” the moaning wails rattled off of the bathroom walls as the ghost of Myrtle sat, wallowing in her school robes as translucent eyes cast an ornery glow down upon the grounds below them. Her thoughts drifted to the last time she had been visited, by a boy. Very seldom had a boy ever decide to visit her down here, not since the famous Harry Potter, and the poor, poor Slytherin, Draco Malfoy.

Oh, how she missed them, and, well, any boy for that matter—if only they’d just be nice to her— she'd give them everything. She knew secrets, its true, she knew where to find secrets, and who ask, but nobody ever asks her.

Nobody ever wants her.
"Oooohh," Myrtle moaned miserable in her despair.

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff