Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D/Pathfinder] Mor'Halas ((Game Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jacior

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:47 pm
@ Mordred: Ericson looks up at you when to speak, then he glances up at the sun. "You better get going. Don't want to be late." He gives you a wink and a grin and goes back to his work.

@ Tabitha: The sun nearly causes you to fall asleep, layign on your relatively comfortable perch. However you manage to stay concious and make your way down to the ground.

@ Shane: The children stare as you keep going, you overhear one of them talking. "That was cool!" You probably grin to yourself as you continue.

@ Kiri: The inn is paricularly bus this morning and you don't have a chance to get close to anyone. By the time the inn is just about running itself you are dragged out the door with Lamont, his family and Nadyei. You get swept up in the crowd and are taken to the Grand Temple.

@ Nadyei: The outfit fits perfectly, much to your surprise. You come back out into the hall and are caught up in the crowd and end up getting pulled to the Grand Temple as well.

@ Demitry: You arrive at the Grand Temple to see Tabitha scaling her way down the side of the Temple. When she nears the bottom, she jumps off and lands after performing a dazzling series of flips.

@ Lamont: Time passes and soon it is time to go. The crowd cheers as you get up to leave and nearly the entirety of the common room follows you out.

@ All: Soon everyone is gathered in front of the Grand Temple. Pockets of chattering people have formed, but they all turn when Lamont and mordred arrive, cheering loudly for the two. The mammoth figure of the current Saint-Knight walks onto the stage, the sound of his armored steps quieting the crowd. He is truly an imposing man, standing at nearly seven feet tall and as wide as any dwarf. His brilliantly polished plate gleams in the sun illuminating his face, which is as handsome and strong as it was in his youth. With his truly massive war-maul hanging on his back, it's hard to believe his is nearly 60 years old.

"Friends! Citizens!" He starts, then takes a look at our resident prankster in the crowd. "Shane! Welcome to a glorious day for the Order! The annointment of the first two Knight-Templars in ten years!" The crowd breaks out into cheers, the sound is deafening. "I'd like to now ask for our Knight-Wardens to please step up! And your guests as well!" He waited for everyone: Lamont, Mordred, Shane, Tabitha, Demitry, Nadyei, Kiri and Lamonts family to take the stage before he continued.

He lowers his voice a little and talks specifically to the guests. "I brought you up here because some of the Knights don't handle the ceremony so well. Well, Shane is here because of all the pranks he pulled during the Tri-Millenial festival, I don't trust him not being watched." He winks at Shane, then turns back to the crowd.

"I believe we are ready to begin. Will the Priests please bring out the Chalice?" He announces loudly. A procession of priests emerges from inside the Temple, chanting and stepping in time. They bear a large, silver chalice, from which you hear a slight sloshing. They set it down in the middle of stage, but there is nothing inside it.

Bolafus pulls a dagger from inside his cuirass. Is is nearly feature-less, having a perfectly smooth hilt, a round hand guard and no pommel, the only thing interesting about it is the blade. It is about 8" long and has four edges on it, appearing in a X-shape. "Will our two Knight-Wardens please come foward and extend your left hands over the Chalice?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:04 pm
"Be late..." The words ticked into his skull for a few seconds before he turned and ran. "Ican'tbelieveIforgot."

After the opening speech, he found himself on stage. The Saint-Knight had called him forward, to place a hand over the Chalice. With but a brief glance towards Lamont, he would step forward, extending his left hand.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:10 pm
The Pagan Tea Shop-Spells and readings
User Image
Your ad here! PM me for details.

"I knew it..." Shane muttered, a sardonic smirk upon his face. It was to be expected... He was Shane Annegans, bane of law and order everywhere. Ah well, at least he got a show.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:11 pm
Bowing politely to Tabitha, Demitry wheezes out a greeting before another wave of coughing silences him. Reaching the front of the temple, he quickly pulls up a section of the his robes that server him like a turtleneck, double checking his gloves, he gathers his robes and tries to make himself as small as possible as he makes his way through the crowd.

During the ceremony, he tries to suppress his coughing as much as possible or at least try to muffle his wheezing.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:45 pm
Tabitha stifled a yawned behind one black-velvet hand as she half-watched the ceremony. She was rather nervous being up here, open and exposed without any real cover, and kept glancing around, though she tried hide it. She also stayed on the other side of the group from Shane. If he was going to pull a prank, she didn't want to be near him when it happened.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:44 pm
Kiri makes sure to stand next to Leilah and the kids, so that she can defend them if need be. She is trying to hide her unease, but the way she keeps looking around trying to find the danger, her eyes darting even when she manages to control her head movement, is rather obvious despite the smile plastered on her face. The only thing that is stopping her from having her bardiche at the ready is that it would be inappropriate during the ceremony.  

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:03 pm
Lamont kissed his wife and smiled to her. He then kissed the foreheads of his children and nodded to them. "I'll be back in a moment". Lamont then stood tall and turned to face the Knight Saint Bolafus. Stepped forward to the crowd he nodded and gave a wave, a smile over his face. He then composed himself to stand ready for the Knight Saint's orders. "I'm ready".

If glanced at for being so casual he would halt his actions and stand ready at attention, and await the Knight Saint's orders.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:21 pm
The Saint-Knight looks down at Lamont and Mordred and smiles warmly. "Mordred Cathaway, Do you accept the duties and responsibilities as a Knight-Templar of the Order of the Silvered Sun?"

"As Helm watches, I do."

"Lamont Fairsong, Do you accept the duties and responsibilities as a Knight-Templar o-" "I do, for the compassion of the Lady Light.” “Well, I am glad, but let me finish my speech, ok?" He says laughing at the youth’s eagerness. "Oh well, I guess all that matters is that you accepted, right?" There is a mysterious glint in his eyes.

With a swift motion he grabs Mordred's hand and stabs the dagger through his hand from the back Leaving it there a second he lets the blood drip down into the chalice, and then does the same to Lamont's hand.

Mordred barely keeps from biting his tongue and yelling out, instead, once his hand is free, he expends a bit of power to heal it.

Lamont gives a small groan of pain

Mordred tries to heal his hand only to find there is no wound, in the place of a hole in his hand, the back has the marking of the order, a pale silver sun and on your palm is the mark of your god.

A similar mark is on Lamont’s hand.

The Saint-Knight stabs himself through the back of the hand, adding his on blood to the cup. The silver sun on the back of his hand is nearly glowing. He drops the dagger into the chalice, where it lands perfectly on its tip. "You alright boys?"

"Last time I felt such pain was when I made the mistake of insulting the Training Instructor back when I first joined." Mordred says, examaning the back of his hand

Bolafus laughs. "He certainly doesn't hold back, does he?"

Lamont nods with a smile while gazing down to his hand.

The dagger had started to spin rapidly, creating a harmonious resonating noise. Bolafus looks up. "This is the good part." He winks at them.

Mordred looks down, watching.

Lamont also perceives the wondrous event.

The blood in the chalice spins out of it, forming a whirlwind as it ascended into the sky. It vanishes into the sky; minutes pass as the dagger still turns.
Just as you believe that, perhaps this was it, everything changes. The light is different. The sun is actually shining silver light down upon the city.

Mordred stands there, jaw dropped a bit in stunned silence.

Lamont gazes with a wide eye expression to the unfolding events. His lips parted slightly.

Through what could only be called a crack in the sky, a giant, winged man steps into existence, and drifts towards the stage. "A long time it has been, since I was summoned to this place." The man touches down and the dagger stops, along with the ringing resonance.

Wings of light radiate from his back and he wears armor of sheer brilliant silver metal. It is creaseless and jointless, but moves easily around him. "You, who have survived the Second Rites of the Order, step forward."

Mordred blinks a few times before stepping forward.

Lamont smiles in awe while setting his sight upon this divine being and approaching him.

It is then you notice the swords he carries in his hands, they are bigger than either of you. Actually they are bigger than the Knight-Saint. "You now and forever, serve the Order of the Silvered Sun." The Celestial thrusts the swords through each of your respective hearts. The crowd cheers!

Mordred doesn't move his head, only rolling his eyes down to look at the blade, trying hard to deal with the fact that he was just run through. The pain is so much; he wonders why the hell he's still alive. "...Medic."

Lamont gasps out a faint cry as the blade penetrates his flesh, the pain all too real. He imagines that this is what death would feel like. His body shakes, and seems only to stand as the blade commands him to.

The metal of the swords melts and wraps around your forms, forming the armor that would serve you for the rest of your days. "The deed is done. Serve the Order well." The man vanishes and the light returns to normal, bathing the platform in a serene ambience.

"Congratulations! Knight-Templars of the Order of the Silvered Sun, you are now among the greatest of champions!" The Knight-Saint turns you both around and raises your left arms, the exposed palms revealing your symbols. The cheering of the crowd is overwhelming.

Lamont takes a moment, but a smile makes its way upon his face. He gazes to his armor, his hand, and then the crowd.

A cheer looses from Lamont's lips and he rejoices in the excitement of it all.

The cheering stops as the dagger screeches out a horrible noise in the chalice, a sense of overwhelming dread fills everyone in the city.

((Kiri recognizes this as the same thing she experienced earlier in the day.))

"Gah!" Mordred holds his ears, but looks around slowly. Trying to percieve whatever evil is causing this.

"In what name is that sound!?!” Lamont covers his ears and turns to look to his wife and children, rushing to their side he covers their ears, huddling them together as he attempts to keep watch of the surroundings, suffering through the noise.

The dagger clatters from the dish, knocking over the chalice. The sky darkens as clouds gather overhead.

((Opinions? Questions? Statements? Verbs? Delicious Steak? PS. I hope it's the last one.))  

Jacior

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:24 am
Tabitha dives for the nearest concealment and attempts to disappear from sight into the shadows.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:30 am
User ImageHaving been standing at an awkward form of attention, due to both a lack of military background and a general discomfort at being up on this stage in a fancy dress, Nadyei was simply being silent and watching the strange ritual, occasionally trying to catch a glimpse of her sister, if she was in the audience at all.

When the unearthly sound began to reverberate throughout the stage, she immediately shifted to the defensive. In a half thought, her bow was in her hands, ready in case something may attack. She turned her eyes skyward, surveying the clouds for any hint of danger.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:31 pm
The Pagan Tea Shop-Spells and readings
User Image

Just as Shane's thoughts drifted to the delicious steak he was planning to have that night for dinner, a horrid cacophony filled the air. Instantly, he was on the alert, leaping a full five feet backwards in shock... Were he a cat, every fiber of hair he had would be standing on-end. His hand immediately went for his boot-sheathed dagger.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:56 pm
Amazing. Just simply spectacular! Such display of divine, it almost makes me long for my home. Smiling softly under his hood, Twice he found himself with the tips of spells on his tongue but stopped himself. Before his mind can drift any more the horrid din shatters the joyous occasion. Surveying the area quickly, Demitry rushes for the fallen relics of faith, hoping to claim them before someone of less repute could gather them.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm
"Figures, the only day I leave my shield in my room." Drawing forth Dymlos, he took the blade in both hands, adopting a defensive stance. "The Watcher's Torch, imbue with flame. Brand." The inscribed flames on the sides of the sword glow and it alights.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:20 pm
From the moment the sound begins, Kiri has her bardiche in her hands, with the business end pointed directly at the chalice as the source of the sound. I don't know what's coming, but I'm sure it's bad. She takes a step forward even through the noise, and swings her polearm in front of Demitry as he reaches for the chalice and knife. "I don't think it's a good idea to touch it." Her voice is cold, fear underlying it, not at all like her usual tone. Cautiously, she edges the end of her blade until it is almost--but not quite--touching the chalice.  

jennibert

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces