SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 am
User Image

I have a lot of my family added on my facebook.
You can have privacy settings to that your rents can't see your post.
Personally, I have it set so that my aunts and uncles can't see anything since they're crazy religious. My grandparents can see only a little and I personally set things regarding my family to unseeable by any members if needed.
I don't think it's weird, we use it as a form of communication since I don't live with my dad and my mom and I don't really talk in person unless I'm dying her hair or we just happen to be sitting alone in a car.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:53 am
Everyone in my house has a Facebook, except for my cats and the fishes. The only one I am friends with is my mother. Though my father tried to added me, I ignored it. As much as I love him, I know he would be watching what I do. My mother does it in a funny manner (like "I CAN SEE YOU" and such) while he would be super serious over the s**t I say. >_>

Super serious =/= Funny moments.  

Canterellare

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:59 am
I do have my parents and siblings, and some members of my extended family added as friends on Facebook, but rarely do I talk to them. Likewise, they don't do the same, except my one cousin, whom I'm incredibly close to.

Usually, when I have a bad day, I take it elsewhere. If I'm having a good day, it's going elsewhere and on Facebook. I also have my security settings jacked up so high that it's borderline ridiculous, and I refuse to give my Facebook to people I just have met or people online.

It's a nice way to stay connected to people, if you know how to keep yourself safe. As another user said, employers are looking right at it when they hire you.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:14 am
A cousin of mine I wouldn't know from a hole in the ground added me, and my mother's friend and her daughter added me, but other than that no one close to my family has added me. I'm fine with that.
My father has a FB and the topic of becoming friends has never come up. My mother sees computers as the downfall of communication so she refuses to sign up.
I don't care either way. Except for a few pictures (my drinking buddies are also cam crazy) and some notes I really have nothing to hide.

Mother Molly

Destitute Faun

34,240 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Budding Witch 250

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:18 am
I have my mother and my brother on FV; my dad doesn't have it. It's not bad since I don't post a lot on FB, but my mother gets on my case whenever I make even the SLIGHTEST unhappy or sad status update and that frustrates me a lot. She goes on that I need to post things that are more happy and upbeat or else people will think I'm some sad pathetic person; and this bugs me because the only people who see my FB are my friends and they are probably well-aware of when I'm in a kind of shitty mood.

Other than that, I don't really care; I've added other family members on FB. I don't use it frequently, so it doesn't matter to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:34 am
Both my Mom and Dad are on FB.
And I've added both.

I've even added my in laws.  

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

icdogjt nlkalsfmk

7,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:40 pm
I have my mum, my dad, my twin brother and my younger brother on facebook.

Interactions with my dad: Pretty much zero unless he needs me for a game.

Interactions with my twin brother: a decent amount to do with school stuff
commenting on this same things since our friends overlap a bit.

Interactions with my little brother: A bit of spam here and there for kicks and giggles xD

Interactions with my mum: We post on each other's statuses all the time, and she's got like seven of my friends (including my ex-boyfriend).. awkward much? It's cool though, the only time it's annoying is if I make plans with someone on my wall and she sees it and I get like six million questions, that's a fun game lol. :/  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 pm
Oh pfft.

My family got me into FB. I was stubborn at first, but finally I started one and added them all.
(I have 100 friends on my "Family" list..)

My dad (computer illiterate) and mom share an account and I'm friends with them.

I don't really mind at all. All my statuses and pics are quite normal and they mostly leave me alone anyway.

My aunt, on the other hand? OH my goodness she's a freaking stalker! She posts on all of my updates and tries to friend everyone I know! She lives in Nevada while I'm up in Oregon :'D

I tell my friends to ignore her...she's really sweet and fun IRL but on FB she's obsessive...

(just glad I'm Christian and relatively conservative...my cousin, on the other hand, is a Wiccan partier that likes to post...questionable pics and is uber!liberal ...She had to block my aunt's ultra judgmental comments, they got so bad....)

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 pm
I have a facebook account.
Yes, my mother is on it.
Yes, she has me.

And because of that, and several of my friends' parents having me as a friend as well, I've basically stopped using Facebook. I kinda see that as a good thing really. I don't need to waste my time on Facebook; I have other things I'd rather be doing anyway.
And I feel there should be a certain level of privacy (Especially seeing as I'm going to be twenty in about three weeks) that needs to be maintained. My parents don't need to question every aspect about my life, nor do my friends' parents.
Not to say that I really have anything to hide, I just don't like the notion of everything I post or say being scrutinized.

But as I said, I have other things I'd rather be a part of anyway. I basically use Facebook just to keep tabs on people I knew back in high school.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:26 pm
Most of my relatives have Facebook accounts, including my parents gonk They all added me, and I accepted 'cuz I didn't want to be mean.... I just post things that I don't want my family and some FB friends who aren't real friends to see on here instead(:

MySwtKitty

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:26 am
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

No my parents don't have facebook. My dad think facebook is stupid and a waste of time. He doesn't like people finding them, and can't be arsed to get it. And my mom, well she's not technologically savvy. Let's put it that way. She would, however, rather get on her friend's account and spy on old friends, and relatives.

I know a few of my relatives have a facebook, however, like my dad, I don't want anything to do with them. And my name is set to an alias for that very reason. Also that my parents are both paranoid :s

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:13 am
My parents don't have a Facebook page. My dad thinks that everyone just spies on you on FB and he thinks people would stalk him. My mom thinks it's only for young people and people her age have no business being on FB. My grandmother doesn't know how to turn on a computer nor does she know enough English to use FB.
My brother and two of my second aunts are my Facebook friends, but they're alright and I don't mind if they see what I'm writing.

Actually I wouldn't mind if my parents saw it either because:
a. I don't live with them and they don't take part in my personal decisions anyway.
b. They're ok and I talk to them about what's going on in my life, I have nothing to hide from them.

Anyway all I do on FB is comment or write about political issues which doesn't bother anyone because most of my family members are even more leftist than I am, or just post useless crap. If something is rude or sexual it's usually also funny, like p***s-Pasta pics and stuff.  

Im A Little Pea

iKiin

Garbage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:59 am
I have my parents on Facebook. And my aunt and uncle. And plenty of cousins, extended and intimidate.

I don't make any statuses because they'll almost always deal with being in love (which NONE of my family knows about, but that's a different story I'll save another day), or one of my many depressed moments, in which EVERYONE asks me what's wrong and I really don't care to answer. If I wanted to talk about it, I would've done it already. /rant, lolol

Nah, I just play games and chat. ;D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:04 pm
My mom and most of my aunts are on Facebook and they're all my Facebook friends. My dad and most of my uncles don't have one.

Since I don't post stuff that would later on be "questioned" by my relatives, then it's a-okay for them to see what statuses I have.

Besides, most of my wall posts contain completely random stuff that doesn't relate to my personal life.

biggrin  

Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

-Broken Anna Len-

5,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:34 pm
Music speaks
what cannot be expressed,
soothes the mind and gives it rest

User Image

Yeah, I have FB and so does mine dad. And we are friends but he never really gets involved with anything I do or say. Unless it something he is proud of me for. lol

My mother on the other hand I would never EVER add her. I honestly don't need someone who doesn't want to be part of my life unless I'm doing something amazing. Plus I don't want her to know anything about whats going on in my life. If she wanted to know she would have stayed in it.

heals the heart and makes it whole,
flows from heaven to the soul.

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas