Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Feedback Forum
[A] Throwbacks Permissions ideas/discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you feel in reagrds to banning throwbacks.
everyone should be allow to use them with no limits
61%
 61%  [ 74 ]
ppl should be allowed to choose who they want to use their soqs throwbacks and who they don't want using them
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Everyone should be able to freely use throwbacks, but a do not use thread would be great for ppl who do not want specific soqs used without permission
27%
 27%  [ 33 ]
don't care either suits me! GOLD!
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Suggestion - Post in thread.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 121

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:37 am
I think this seems like a rather complicated thing, what with the larger families out there. It would take a lot of effort to get every person to post yes or no, in which case those people who don't post at all would make it so their Soq couldn't be used anyway. I guess the best way to do it would to require every individual to go and ask the owner if they can use their Soq and state in breedings that if you don't ask and get a yes, you can't use them.

However, I also think that if permission is not given to one person, it shouldn't be given to anyone at all for that particular Soq. Genetics are not as usually as selective as 'owner relationships.'

In my opinion, I don't think something like this is really a big deal. I apologize to those who feel strongly about it, but if a Soq is related, there is a genetic possibility that they will inherit from family. It's not as if it's a gen 1, unrelated Soq trying to get the same hairstyle (or whatever else) through a Soq reference without permission. I personally have never asked for permission for breedings, but I also never realized it was a sore spot. It's a good thing to know, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:40 am
Revel1984
Blind, sometimes you cannot PM the said 'other owners' using your Soquili. Issues are around at the moment, that i will not go into here, that involve myself and several other people with Throwbacks being prevented IF said permission was needed beforehand, the issues and emotions that had to be dealt with .. wouldn't have arisen in the first place

The Main Point here is... when someone is posting in breedings, where theirs is related to yours, but you do not want your Soquili possibly passing on traits to the other persons offspring ... rather than illegally using a Soquili as throwbacks

agreed. sometimes its someone you cannot talk to. case in point here there is someone i cannot talk to at all. i was told by sirenz not to have any words whatsoever with this person anymore regarding soq. I must go through staff. it always ends up as drama which i do not want and i am sure said person does not want either. I like how peaceful things have been and prefer to keep it that way if possible. I'm trying to find a peaceful solution without speaking to the person, as we have no communciation whatsoever. it always ends uup as drama and fights and i would rather avoid that.  

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:48 am
saedusk
I think this seems like a rather complicated thing, what with the larger families out there. It would take a lot of effort to get every person to post yes or no, in which case those people who don't post at all would make it so their Soq couldn't be used anyway. I guess the best way to do it would to require every individual to go and ask the owner if they can use their Soq and state in breedings that if you don't ask and get a yes, you can't use them.

However, I also think that if permission is not given to one person, it shouldn't be given to anyone at all for that particular Soq. Genetics are not as usually as selective as 'owner relationships.'

In my opinion, I don't think something like this is really a big deal. I apologize to those who feel strongly about it, but if a Soq is related, there is a genetic possibility that they will inherit from family. It's not as if it's a gen 1, unrelated Soq trying to get the same hairstyle (or whatever else) through a Soq reference without permission. I personally have never asked for permission for breedings, but I also never realized it was a sore spot. It's a good thing to know, anyway.

honestly i would be fine with it if they abolished this whole you cannot use so and so's soq as throwbacks. like I stated before, i freely let anyone use mine beforehand, including ppl i do not have good relations with...until this crap was pulled. so my one soq now is techically like a gen 1 in breeding, i can use his father, since i own him, but not his mother or his grandparents. I felt the same way about traits and genes being passed down and how that cannot be controled irl so why here? but apparantly the ban stands so...so does my issues. unless they want to do something about it.

what would you do if iy was you in this position? I mean I went to sirenz over it but it stands. my hands are tied there...so why should i allow someone to use mine if clearly they can stop me?

but it seems other ppl do have issues with them being used so why not try to find a solution for all parties?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:56 am
Yeah, I can't really understand personal feelings, since something like that never happened to me. I guess all in all, my suggestion would either be allow everyone to use everything, although from what you said that's not possible. Or, if something like a 'Do Not Use' thread of some sort is created, make it so that if a person posts their Soq in that thread, no one is allowed to use that Soq for throwbacks, not just certain people. That way it's not like singling one or two people out.

In the end, I guess it's up to the staff, though.

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Katarina Everard

Mythical Gem

19,900 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 am
From my understandings of throwbacks, it wasn't 'stealing lines' to put who your Soq's ancestors were, and if it is becoming that way because of personal issues between owners... that's just a bit sad in my opinion. And mildly irritating that people are actually 'getting away with it' so it seems, but this is just how things seem to me from what I've read and ultimately is up to the staff on how it's dealt with.

But personal feelings aside on this, I'm going to say I disagree with this idea. I've been trying to get my first couple a breeding and while mine is a 1st Gen, her mate isn't. I don't know people well enough or feel comfortable being made to ask people if I can list them in their family lines for breedings, heck I rarely feel comfortable posting in the main thread. IRL you don't ask your parents or grandparents if your child can have their hair/eye/skin color or other genetic traits, so I don't see the point in having to ask for things on the internet.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 am
I have to say, that I strongly disagree with this. Some people aren't on gaia anymore and can't be contacted, some people change their usernames. ETC.

I read it someone's sig before, a colourist, and I have to agree. Don't breed with my soq if you mind me using the family for a family tree.

I just don't see a thread on permissions or not permission, making any sense. I just feel it would cause some people to say no, because they don't want anyone to have a soq that carries on any of their soq traits or because they simply didn't like them.

Plus, every single colourist and owner that's been using familyecho would be in violation of this rule.

I agree permission should be asked for customs, but with 7th gen soq's running around, it's not feasible to ask permission from up to 14 owners.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 am
[ Mialee ]
honestly i would be fine with it if they abolished this whole you cannot use so and so's soq as throwbacks. like I stated before, i freely let anyone use mine beforehand, including ppl i do not have good relations with...until this crap was pulled. so my one soq now is techically like a gen 1 in breeding, i can use his father, since i own him, but not his mother or his grandparents. I felt the same way about traits and genes being passed down and how that cannot be controled irl so why here? but apparantly the ban stands so...so does my issues. unless they want to do something about it.

what would you do if iy was you in this position? I mean I went to sirenz over it but it stands. my hands are tied there...so why should i allow someone to use mine if clearly they can stop me?

but it seems other ppl do have issues with them being used so why not try to find a solution for all parties?

Agrees, i mean this situation involved me, and while at the moment i have no issues about people using my Soquili directly in the future there may be people i wish to have no traits inherited from my Soquili

I don't mean a whole family, just individual Soquili that can't be used by certain people.

If People are going to go to staff and say "so and so can't use my Soquili in such and such breeding with this person" .. then there NEEDS to be a list somewhere ... OR just abolish the whole "you can't use my Soquili in throwbacks" for EVERYONE ... otherwise the staff might just end up with lots of PMS when people fall out.. etc. And i know i would rather avoid anything that puts anyone in a difficult decision. I wholly respect whatever desicion the shop make, however it did upset me very much when i entered with someone and throwback to a pair i absolutely adore ... was denied because of issues with my breeding partner.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 am
saedusk
Yeah, I can't really understand personal feelings, since something like that never happened to me. I guess all in all, my suggestion would either be allow everyone to use everything, although from what you said that's not possible. Or, if something like a 'Do Not Use' thread of some sort is created, make it so that if a person posts their Soq in that thread, no one is allowed to use that Soq for throwbacks, not just certain people. That way it's not like singling one or two people out.

In the end, I guess it's up to the staff, though.

yea a do not use thread would work if someone does not want a specific soq used which would be a great idea for ppl who wanna keep their lines limited. thumbs up on that one. i know some ppl who would like that idea

I like the everyone can use everything idea, combined with a do not use thread for soqs that owners do not wanted used (not specific ppl but like you said, a soq no one can use without permission) but....unless you can change staff's mind about that? I just don;t see it happening unless enough ppl speak up. hence this discussion thread. personally i don;t believe traits and genes should be allowed to be banned. it makes no sense IRL, so why here? its jsut stupid if you ask me.

but I won't let someone use mine if they wanna be stupid and ban me from theirs over personal issues. *shrugs* 2 can play that game. if it wasn't for ppl being childish like that, issues like this would not have risen. and it was bad enough that poor Revel there was punished for the personal issues between me and said person. and it had nothing to do with her. ask her how she felt. she'll tell you.  

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:06 am
Katarina Everard
From my understandings of throwbacks, it wasn't 'stealing lines' to put who your Soq's ancestors were, and if it is becoming that way because of personal issues between owners... that's just a bit sad in my opinion. And mildly irritating that people are actually 'getting away with it' so it seems, but this is just how things seem to me from what I've read and ultimately is up to the staff on how it's dealt with.

But personal feelings aside on this, I'm going to say I disagree with this idea. I've been trying to get my first couple a breeding and while mine is a 1st Gen, her mate isn't. I don't know people well enough or feel comfortable being made to ask people if I can list them in their family lines for breedings, heck I rarely feel comfortable posting in the main thread. IRL you don't ask your parents or grandparents if your child can have their hair/eye/skin color or other genetic traits, so I don't see the point in having to ask for things on the internet.

you're absolutely right and that is exactly where its stemming from. personal issues between owners. its sad but you can already see how I feel on it. no need to repeat myself. that was my point when I first went to sirenz with the issue....  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:10 am
Oh I can understand why this was brought up and it's sad that it came to something like this because of other people. Not to mention those that get caught in the middle because of said issues shouldn't have to deal with that drama... and I hope that things get resolved in some way.

Either way it's up to the staff, but if such a thing is instated, it would be more fair if they set up a 'Do not Use' thread that had already been suggested, at least in my mind. So that way it's either all or none.  

Katarina Everard

Mythical Gem

19,900 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Mia Lovasz

Anxious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:11 am
Revel1984

Agrees, i mean this situation involved me, and while at the moment i have no issues about people using my Soquili directly in the future there may be people i wish to have no traits inherited from my Soquili
I don't mean a whole family, just individual Soquili that can't be used by certain people.

If People are going to go to staff and say "so and so can't use my Soquili in such and such breeding with this person" .. then there NEEDS to be a list somewhere ... OR just abolish the whole "you can't use my Soquili in throwbacks" for EVERYONE ... otherwise the staff might just end up with lots of PMS when people fall out.. etc. And i know i would rather avoid anything that puts anyone in a difficult decision. I wholly respect whatever desicion the shop make, however it did upset me very much when i entered with someone and throwback to a pair i absolutely adore ... was denied because of issues with my breeding partner.

well said i could not agree more. it really pissed me off how much you got hurt over this. it simply was not fair to have innocent ppl like yourself hurting because others wanna be immature. and you;re right. it causes far too much stress and drama on the staffers.

I still say the combined idea of a do not use thread for specific soq no one can use, like the post above me says <3, and abolishing banning others so everyone can use soqs freely, would definitely resolve all this.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:12 am
Let's be honest. Not everyone is going to do the tedious job of tracking down and WAITING for permission to use throwbacks for breedings. In my personal opinion, that is just SO dumb.

But making a list of what traits from what Soquili shouldn't be used is likely to be easier on everyone.

They're just pixels people and we all dip from the same idea well. So get over it and leave the permissions alone.  

Feral Mule

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:16 am
I know that with my Altair ... i am going to be EXTREMELY picky about his children/grandchildren etc .. so when it reaches a certain generation .. i MIGHT post that he'd not allowed to be used in any throwbacks beyond a certain Gen .. if there was a 'no throwbacks' list, that would be awesome  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:17 am
I will say that it doesnt matter WHY someone doesnt want their throwbacks used. If they dont, they dont. I dont care about personal relations, or whatnot. But there are some people who dont want their throwbacks used unless they know about it. I am one of those people.

So while we may not be able to stop it, I think its ludacris for anyone to call an idea dumb if people are having issues with something and thats why the idea is brought up.

As far as im concerned, I want to be told when my throwbacks are being used. End of story. I dont want the denial of traits to be 'abolished' as thats not the colorists to decide. Thats mine as its my character, and likely a character that I commissioned, or paid for. So the idea is mine. If I want to decide I dont want them to pass to other lines, I should be able to do so.

LOL Thats not to say that Colorists dont have authority, clearly they do. I just want the option to do what I want with my Soq so long as I stay in the rules listed.  

Buffy_the_Bloody

Tipsy Bloodsucker

10,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Feral Mule

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:19 am
I'm taking this at face value. The way I see it, you should tell your friends you want permission. I'm sorry if I seem rude or something, but I honestly don't see why it's such a big deal.  
Feedback Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff