Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Locks of Love [Pictures Added!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

comic added this poll
  w00t!
View Results

Susanna Kaysen

5,500 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:18 am
Ha Ha! You're so funny it's hair it will grow! I mean it's been a while since this was posted i bet it has grown a bit and looks great!

I cannot donate hair my hair is naturally so weak and pathetic! I get terrible frizz and breakage! I have to rarely use clarifying shampoos and try and stick to gentle ones and i use 12x the conditioner of most girls and leave it up in a hair clip to deep condition the whole shower then i use anti-frizz products when i get out! I have to avoid all heat tools and then only use mild ammonia free haircolour.
Still it manages to break a lot and be poofy and annoying ( I even tried dr. oz's banana & olive oil treatment) and it is straw by the time that portion hits shoulder length so i can't have long hair how can i ever donate it!? confused

I did go through a massive loss of hair though. I recently had very persistant drug resistant lice so i decided to get rhiannas mohawk-ish hairdo but with lice i had to do it myself. I cut part of it to an inch past my chin and the rest shaved off! I mean my whole bottom half of my hair is gone and my sideburns too! It was scary but also an invigorating process! I felt so free and empowered when i cut it all off! Its also so easy to wash i'm so jelous of guys living like this all this time! I like it so much i kept it. when i put my hair down, from the front, you can't even tell.My mom even bought me a clipper to keep it up i haven't tried it but it's exiting to not have to worry.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:27 am
Eileen50
Comic, I am so proud of you for what you did! I am positive that there will be one very grateful person who will be receiving that special gift of a wig made from your hair! If it's any consolation, hair grows 6 inches a year on average, so it shouldn't be too long before you get those lovely locks back.

Thats so weird! I always hear it grows at that speed but i swear mine grosw AT LEAST 2x that fast maybe more like 1 & 1/4 inches a month thats like what 15" a year? Damn too bad its straw stare
maybe because i live in a very warm climate? (southern AZ) but i'm usually in the AC.... (They say it grows faster in summer when its hot)

Susanna Kaysen

5,500 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100

xemOliviax

8,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:27 pm
I don't have any before pix
but I donated 4, 3ft braids back in 06
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 am
Wow! That's amazing! eek  

Eileen50

Distinct Trainer

Kobayashi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:10 pm
I've never donated my hair...I'd like to, but I actually never went out and looked to see any hair salon place has "Locks of love".

Anyway, I admire all that donate their hair ^-^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:08 pm
Mai! You're so pretty! eek  

Angry Kitsune
Vice Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:03 pm
Susanna Kaysen
Ha Ha! You're so funny it's hair it will grow! I mean it's been a while since this was posted i bet it has grown a bit and looks great!

I cannot donate hair my hair is naturally so weak and pathetic! I get terrible frizz and breakage! I have to rarely use clarifying shampoos and try and stick to gentle ones and i use 12x the conditioner of most girls and leave it up in a hair clip to deep condition the whole shower then i use anti-frizz products when i get out! I have to avoid all heat tools and then only use mild ammonia free haircolour.
Still it manages to break a lot and be poofy and annoying ( I even tried dr. oz's banana & olive oil treatment) and it is straw by the time that portion hits shoulder length so i can't have long hair how can i ever donate it!? confused

I did go through a massive loss of hair though. I recently had very persistant drug resistant lice so i decided to get rhiannas mohawk-ish hairdo but with lice i had to do it myself. I cut part of it to an inch past my chin and the rest shaved off! I mean my whole bottom half of my hair is gone and my sideburns too! It was scary but also an invigorating process! I felt so free and empowered when i cut it all off! Its also so easy to wash i'm so jelous of guys living like this all this time! I like it so much i kept it. when i put my hair down, from the front, you can't even tell.My mom even bought me a clipper to keep it up i haven't tried it but it's exiting to not have to worry.

Oh Gosh! Quite a story with your hair!
But I agree, having less hair is so much easier to deal with smile

xemOliviax

Wow!!

Angry Kitsune

Awh. Thanks. ^.^  
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games