Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Day Of Silence Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you?
  HELLS YEAH MAN
  What the F**** is day of silence?
  i cant.. im sory.. :T
  no. Just a plain No
View Results

weecest

Romantic Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:47 pm
Im A Chatterbox, I Tried To Do It In High School But Damn, Impossible With All The Games Going On During That Day. xD
So, Sadly No, Im Not Doing It...Again.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:07 am
I never participated when I was in school (nobody in my school did), and I won't be participating this year.

As far as usefulness goes, I'm kind of sceptical. But, who knows? Better than doing nothing, I suppose. smile  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

darbear94

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:44 am
i did it last year and i did very well and for some people it helped but there are those people who are just idoits and keep doing what they do  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:45 pm
Im totally doing it! Although I am on spring break this week. It would be more of an accomplishment if I had school on that day.  

XXXForbiddenXLoveXXX

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:08 pm
silence for me is easy, and all of my freinds and i are going to a baseball game that day, and we've requested that they have a minute of silence for it instead, and they agreed. so hey i did something! ^w^
(and this is in south alabama, im extremely proud of myself!)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:41 pm
I hope I'm able to. This will be my first year and I hope my school won't get mad.  

mii jigoku

Rin Loveless

2,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:00 am
I learned about it two years ago, my freshman year. Lol, I was all freaked out 'cause I didn't know why my friends weren't talking to me! sweatdrop

I participated last year for the first time. It was a real ordeal to keep silent though, just because I have friends who are mischeivious and try to get me to talk, I couldn't explain in PE that my match's score was tied (if it wasn't I could have just held up so many fingers); it just happened to be my English teacher's birthday, his family came to visit my class period only, and he has a baby that also came; AND they put up a karaoke machine in our cafeteria!!! How disrespectful!! gonk

I'm participating this year as part of my school's LGBT group, PRISM. I even got to design the T-shirt 'cause I'm an artist, and they look sooo cool! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:50 am
what exactly do you do on this day?  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

Tivicay

Browser

9,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:59 am
Sin Error
you basically just dont speak.. AT ALL in that day irl.. idk if its the same online..  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am
its rlly hard for me to be quiet for so long my friends make me talk right off the bat when i get to school

wllz

Invisible Smoker

7,375 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:50 am
iSaltyMilk
Sin Error
you basically just dont speak.. AT ALL in that day irl.. idk if its the same online..

eh...that's kinda impossible for me, I have s**t to do that requires speaking, what the excuse I'm gonna give people when they talk to me and I won't respond? oh wait none, cuz I can't talk.

also, what's the point of doing this?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:34 pm
im going to do it  

SzayelChan

Bitchy pirate

10,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 pm
Day of Silence is retarded, its just one of the days of Anti-Homophobia week. I feel like, I am not voicing my opinion/ trying to say homosexuals don't have a voice in todays world.
My GSA and Bully Prevention teamed up to make this week fun, and DAY OF SILENCE is dumb.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:30 pm
Of Course!~

The Guy With Condoms

momonim

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:35 pm
Sin Error
iSaltyMilk
Sin Error

eh...that's kinda impossible for me, I have s**t to do that requires speaking, what the excuse I'm gonna give people when they talk to me and I won't respond? oh wait none, cuz I can't talk.

also, what's the point of doing this?

the point of it is to show how most lgbt people do not have a voice, as in they can't stand up for themselves because of the fear of rejection of people because they are that way. i personally don't think it helps, why do something else that actually HELPS.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff