Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mystery Guild of Randomness

Back to Guilds

Life is Random, so are we! 

Tags: Random, Occasional Contests, Games, Role-playing, Questions 

Reply ❖ RP [Role Playing] - Prefer to roleplay? Join, or start your own, here.
~Entities: The Spirits Within~ (It Begins...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jimbob Not Home

Original Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 am
"And now, boys and girls...our final amusing anecdote."
Doctor Nutsy is finishing up his last English class before graduation. His name isn't really Nutsy, but one would be hard pressed to find his real name through any of the assignments his students turn in. He offers extra credit if someone can find an obscure movie or story reference for his name. Dr. Nutsy always concludes his classes the same way. Exactly the same way he begins his classes. His reasoning is, he finds a good joke or laugh will always set things off and end them right.
"As many of you know, I and a few colleagues from this very class set out last Friday on an expedition into the great unknown horror of a nearby 'SciFi' convention. Because this wasn't your typical teenager-filled anime convention, and due in part to the open bar, there was much merriment to be had, some especially more than others..."
With this statement, he pretends to knock back a beer and stagger a bit. Even while he always ends his classes this way, the students are, as always, hooked on every word.

As he goes about describing the time he had dealing with one particular "pas-her-prime" drunk woman trying to flirt with him, one student in the class, a young man clad in his usual button down shirt (red today) with sleeves rolled up, over slightly faded, fitted blue jeans, shakes his head, recalling the same woman attempting her best effort at wooing him, as well. This young man, his right converse resting on the desk before him, leans his chair back a bit as always, to get comfy while listening to Doc's wild stories. He can't help but stifle a laugh and hold down a groan as Doc recounts some of the things she said to him...especially since some of the things were the exact same words she's used on him.

"Enough was enough, man. I couldn't take it anymore. I took a sip of my tonic water and turned to her as politely as I could, and looked her straight in her inebriated eyes, and said, 'My dear, I am not real. I am merely an alcohol induced hallucination. The man you wish to talk to is standing over there.'"
Before everyone in the class has a chance to laugh, a desk is flipped forward as the young man's chair's front legs hit the floor hard. He stands up and points an accusing finger at the Doctor, and with an almost rage-filled voice, proclaims,
"YOU..."
Dr. Nutsy, a slightly hunchbacked fellow, with a salt and pepper ponytail and glasses, leans forward a tad and brings his left hand up to stroke the tuft of hair growing beneath his bottom lip with his pinky and ring finger...grinning devilishly.
"Yeah. It was me."

The entire class bursts into laughter as the young man falls back and slumps into his chair, humiliated...but still kinda laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Class now being over, Joshua Gallagher decides to make his way to the campus bookstore to sell back his books for the year. He's graduating tomorrow, he'll not be needing them again. After a quick chat with Doc just outside (where the Doc takes a smoke break after class) Josh heads back inside to cut through Eoff hall and pass by Simon hall. All this time, the same thought had been playing at him since he started college. As he walks through Eoff hall, he remains kinda quiet an just kinda stares at the floor.

Emerging into the commons area, he shakes his head, trying to clear his thoughts. Today's not a day for that kind of thinking. It's the day before graduation, and tonight the Crew is getting together to celebrate five years of friendship. No, not a time to be too concerned about one's personal future...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:40 am
***EDITED (hope this is better)

Lulu was in her anatomy class. Sitting in the front row of the class as always, the teacher was up by the chalkboard asking questions. Lulu looked up at the teacher ready to reply after the teacher asked,

"And what are the three layers of the skin called?"
Lulu quickly responded before anyone else,
"easy. Epidermis, Dermis and hypo dermis. The hypo dermis is also known as the subcutaneous layer which helps regulate-" The teacher interrupted her before she could finish her sentence.
"Miss Durand. I don't need you to go into detail about the layers. I just wanted to know if you knew the three layers and I can see that you do. Now next question class. What is the largest sesamoid bone in the human body?" The teacher went on with the next question hoping another student would respond besides Lu but once again she responded without a minute to delay.

"Doctor Knox,that would be the patella which is also known as the kneecap."
Doctor Knox, the teacher, was getting quite annoyed. He couldn't even count all the times he told her to let the other students try. Lu is graduating at the top of her class. Doctor Knox looked at his watched and then at Lu.
very good, Miss Durand but how about letting the other students answer the questions. You're already graduating at the top of your class, how about for the next ten minutes you take a break.You'll be graduating tomorrow."

Lu looked up at him and sighed to herself. She couldn't help that everyone in her class wasn't as smart as her. Maybe instead of partying all the time they should stay home and study. After all she was here to learn and to become a doctor if they weren't going to take their studies seriously that was fine with her but she was.She looked up at the clock above the chalk board she had ten minutes left. She reached into her pocket and took out a note she received from earlier this morning from an unknown person. She reread the note and sat silently waiting for the teacher to dismiss them.
Doctor Knox dismissed everyone ten minutes later and Lulu was the first to leave the class. She headed down the stairs and luckily her class wasn't far from the doors to the courtyard. She walked outside and it was a sunny day. she stood by a bench waiting for someone and thought to herself
I wonder who sent me this letter? Well I am a bit early. i guess I should wait a little longer.

A gust of wind blew by Lulu and her note and books flew out of her hands falling to the ground. The wind died down suddenly after. Lulu quickly got on her knees to pick up her belongings. Lulu thought that was strange and shrugged it off thinking the wind just caught her off guard. Lulu's thoughts were interrupted by a man's voice.
"Looks like you need some help."
The man knelt down and helped her pick up her things. Lulu did not recognize the man and wondered why he asked her to meet him in the courtyard. The man noticed her expression and seemed to have read her thoughts.

You don't recognize me. " he said disappointed. I was your physilogy partner last semester. My name is John. Remember?

Lulu replied with a lie, oh! Of course I do. Must have slipped my mind! what is it that you wanted to talk about?" she said standing up with her books. John handed her , her two other books she dropped and replied back to her very nervously,
"Well you're a very beautiful girl so I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend."
Lulu thought to herself How dare he! Is that all guys care about these days?Only looks?
Lulu looked him in the eyes,"...just my looks?"
John took a step back and said No you're smart too.
Lu was annoyed and walked passed him handing him back his noteI'm sorry but I don't have time for a relationship

John tried to stop her "A date?"
Lulu just kept walking with her back towards him, no can do! I'm busy everyday of the week."
Lulu left the courtyard and headed to the dormitory across the street. She walked into the dorm building and she took the elevator up to the 4th floor. Her room was down the hall at room 137. She opened up the door of her dorm room and saw her roommate wasn't there.She then walked over to her desk in between two beds and put her books down upon her desk. There was only one window in the room and that was right behind the desk. Lu looked out the window sighing and thought to herself what do I have to do tonight?
She opened up her planner that was in the top right drawer of her desk and started looking through it talking to herself.
"Study. study..study..Oh yeah the get together!"
she looked at the picture on her desk which had all her friends in it and she smiled. She knew tonight she could just relax and have fun.  

anime_lover_91

5,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Kirijo Melon Cream Soda

Enduring Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:06 pm
The class Kaiser was in had just let out. Kaiser, a quiet decisive man, walked out of the class last as usual. He wasn't really much of a people person....well he was, he was just too shy to talk to others. He wasn't the nerdy type, thought not much of an athlete either. He carried a portfolio and a thin messenger bag.
As he walked towards the lobby for some fresh air, he pulled out his phone, using the PDA app to see what he had planned for the remainder of the day.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:06 pm
Drake looked around, tugging his coat closer in the cold breeze. His khaki pants loose fitting, as he likes comfort, and gloves to combat the cold weather. He loved this weather.. The cold more comforting, and easier to cure, than heat. He smiled, throwing his backpack over his shoulder as he walked to the front office, passing by and entering the bookstore. He was done with classes for this semester... Two more semesters and he was done..

Pulling his books out, he steps up to the counter and slides his books onto it. "I'd like to see what I can get off of these..." He said quietly, looking around in a nervous fashion.
The girl behind the counter smiled, running the book numbers through the computer then looking at him. "Well... These," she said, pointing at two of his books, "aren't being used next semester, so they have no value. Though I can give you a dollar for each of them... The other two will give you $10 and $16 each, if you still want to sell them.." she finished, smiling weakly.
Drake waved his hand, nodding. "Yeah... I guess." He said, wondering what he could spend $28 on....

-------------------------------------

As Drake left, he caught a glimpse of Joshua walking down the hallway towards the main hall. He shook his head, walking out of the building and to his car, pocketing his new cash as he went, thoughts of what to use it on running through his head.  

Reavis Faldare

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250

Guardioz

Romantic Husband

7,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:53 pm
-Edited to fit With story -
almost falling asleep, Zareth, leaving Freshman orientation at Broadview, spots some of his closest friends, Zareth catches up to the group*
panting a bit from the exertion
"Hey, Joshua."
Zareth takes a look at his friends, needing his inhaler, which he forgotat home, and having run a bit to catch up to, on top of his life long curse, Athsma, is winded  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:10 pm
Lulu took her eyes away from the photo and took out her cell and wondered where everyone was meeting tonight. She decided to give Drake, one of her best friends, a call to see if he knew where everyone was meeting.
Lu looked through her contacts list on her android and scrolled down to Drake's name, clicked on his name and started dialing his number. She thought to herself, I hope he picks up this time. If he doesn't knowing him he's probably out spending his money off his books he sold back.  

anime_lover_91

5,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Kirijo Melon Cream Soda

Enduring Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:47 pm
Walking to his motorcycle, Kaiser sighed, opening the messenger bag and putting his portfolio inside before thinking.
"A-Ah...forget my helmet..." He looked around before leaving the bag by the bike, walking towards the dormitory. "I can't be so forgetful about these things....I gotta clear my head."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:06 pm
While Lulu was waiting for Drake to pick up his phone, she walked out of her dorm room holding the phone to her ear with her shoulder while locking her dorm room. Once she heard the click of her door locking, she turned around walking not paying attention to where she was going and accidentally ran into someone dropping her phone on the floor. She looked up to see who it was and it was Kaiser another good friend of hers.  

anime_lover_91

5,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Reavis Faldare

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:30 pm
Drake stopped at his car, feeling his phone start vibrating, the faint hum of 'The Real Folk Blues' emanating from his pocket. He slid his phone out of his pocket, glanced at the number, then answered it. "Yeah, Lulu?" He said into the speaker. Hearing only silence, he sat there for a moment, listening. "Lulu?" he said again, listening close and then hanging up. He had heard what sounded like hallway noise. Maybe she had accidentally called him? What did they call that? Butt-dialing?
Shaking his head, he got in the car, tossing his phone under the radio and started the engine up. He had to get something to eat before he died of starvation.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:44 pm
Flannery stealthily glanced up at the clock, five minutes to go and then forever free of this god awful Modeling Algebra teacher. Only five more minutes she repeated to herself while impatiently tapping her pencil on the notebook.

" Why couldn't he have let us out early? It's the last day of classes for chrissakes."

The professor droned on in his heavy Indian accent and continued to lecture on how important math was in daily life, blah, blah, blah. Flannery was the typical art student. Hated math, loved just about everything else. It's not like she was terrible at math or anything. She just didn't like it. (Hate was a strong word she decided.) But she had better things to think about, like the new metal sculpture she was going to work on, or the get together with her best friends tonight.

After a few more barely understandable words from the professor and he finally released the class. Flannery quickly gathered what little she had (book bag full of notebooks, sketchbooks and pencils.) and bolted towards the door and out to freedom.

Flannery smiled and nearly skipped down to the commons area.  

MaydayMars

Golden Capitalist

8,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kirijo Melon Cream Soda

Enduring Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:53 pm
"L-Lu...I.." He had fallen over. "Stupid, Stupid me...I'm sorry." He stood up and picked up the lady's phone, blushing timidly at her. "Should have watched where I was going...uhm.." He stood, looking side to side before brushing himself off. "I-I'll leave you be...Uhm...I'm just going to get my motorcycle helmet..." He blinked before rubbing his forehead, over-reacting over a small accident but he couldn't really see himself hurting a friend. "A-Are you ok?" He said, hold out his hand to help her up.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:22 pm
As Zareth walked home to his apartment he decided to go pick up a few things. Zareth had made plans with his friends to meet there. He was asked to bring a few thing. He had stopped by the store to grab some sodas and a cake, and some ice. He was excited for the party.
He stopped for a moment to check the time on his phone, and noticed he had received a text from Joshua. Joshua had asked him to take care of a few things, some of which Zareth had anticipated.
As he hurried to the home from the store, Zareth noticed that he felt someone watching him, but when he turned and looked no one was there. He shrugged it off as anticipation for the party. as he got to his apartment his neighbor asked if he needed help. His neighbor knew of his asthma.
Zareth said to her, "No thanks... On second thought could you hold this cake for me while I get my keys?"
His Neighbor then took the cake from him and waited for him to open his door. As he went in he asked her to bring the cake in. Zareth's apartment though ha had been living in it since his mom and dad moved away to some town in Wyoming, was extremely clean, for a young bachelor.
Zareth asked his neighbor, "ould you mind putting that cake on the counter?"
She replied, "Of course, Zareth! You always help me out when I need some one to help out." After she put the cake on the counter, she left asking, "Big party with all your friends from school"?
Zareth calmly said, "Yes."
This is going to be a great party, he thought as he finished getting the food and drinks ready.

Guardioz

Romantic Husband

7,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Informer 100

tenihitonoko

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:44 pm
Apple Juice Revolution
Flannery stealthily glanced up at the clock, five minutes to go and then forever free of this god awful Modeling Algebra teacher. Only five more minutes she repeated to herself while impatiently tapping her pencil on the notebook.

" Why couldn't he have let us out early? It's the last day of classes for chrissakes."

The professor droned on in his heavy Indian accent and continued to lecture on how important math was in daily life, blah, blah, blah. Flannery was the typical art student. Hated math, loved just about everything else. It's not like she was terrible at math or anything. She just didn't like it. (Hate was a strong word she decided.) But she had better things to think about, like the new metal sculpture she was going to work on, or the get together with her best friends tonight.

After a few more barely understandable words from the professor and he finally released the class. Flannery quickly gathered what little she had (book bag full of notebooks, sketchbooks and pencils.) and bolted towards the door and out to freedom.

Flannery smiled and nearly skipped down to the commons area.

(( I can't read that. ))  
❖ RP [Role Playing] - Prefer to roleplay? Join, or start your own, here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games