Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Portal 2! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ s e m p e r ]

Distinct Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:00 am
If deli could open up a blue portal, i'll shoot an orange one over here, and zoop, be right there. woot.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:31 pm
That game is highly addicting  

SoLongAndFairWell

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:54 am
On the subject of games, did anyone else pick up Brink?  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:58 pm
Kosai Avonej

Never heard of it, what is it about?  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:09 pm
de.Lici.ous
Kosai Avonej

Never heard of it, what is it about?
It takes place in the 2040's on what was once a scientific research facility called "The Ark." The Ark was moved to the middle of the ocean in the mid 2020's but a catastrophic event ( likely a nuclear war between the European Union states ) refugees flocked in masses to the Ark. No planes have been seen in over 20 years and no new ships appear from the horizon anymore. The Ark has become divided in order to maintain order... and it isn't working. The Resistance is born from "Refugees" of 2020 and their offspring who are living in poverty on they're side of the Ark while the other side lives in more moderate living conditions althought it is not perfect either. The Resistance began as a peaceful movement with it's leadership elected by their side of the Ark having really meager demands like more doctors from the other side, better medicine and more reasonable water rations.

The time for talking is over, The Resistance and the conflict has reached the point of bloodshed. The Resistance is having it out with the Security forces of the Ark, but the Resistance not only wants to claim more resources of the Ark for itself they want to search the old world for any remaining hubs of civilization that live offshore of The Ark. The Security force had no intention of using deadly force however most of the officers dont see themselves as tyrants; they see themselves just as trying to maintain law and order on The Ark. To quote the narration, Will you chose to save The Ark or Escape It ?

It's an FPS with quite cartoony characters, it provides a fun challenge as well.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:17 am
Kosai Avonej

I did! Almost finished with the Resistance campaign. Pretty awesome, haven't tried multiplayer yet, though.

Reverend Havok

Aaditya

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:38 am
gottagotospace  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 pm
Reverend Havok
Kosai Avonej

I did! Almost finished with the Resistance campaign. Pretty awesome, haven't tried multiplayer yet, though.
The Resistance is an incredible group, I mean the second level at the airport for the Security is impossible!!! They keep mobbing near the data key!!!  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:07 pm
Suddenly, I want this game. I heard it being mentioned alot, but had no idea what it was about. Your description has sold me though, might pick it up once my exams are over smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:52 pm
Brink really looks like my kinda game, I was tempted to pre-order but want to find out how it actually plays first.

Me and Lici were making the sweet sweet science on Portal 2 Co-op earlier xd  

scrub
Crew

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:08 pm
Hmm I might have to look in to that Brink game. And it is on Steam, yay (:

Scrub is one of my friends with benefits in Portal 2 ;D  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:54 pm
i feel so smart every time i solve a puzzle!!! im really surprised that i had the patience to figure them out! biggrin  

SoLongAndFairWell

The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces