Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Slash couples you DON'T like? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ligand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:57 pm
I hate Ginny. I realize it's a horrible things to say, but I hate her. Therefore, I hate any pairing with her in it. >_<  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:52 am
Ligand
I hate Ginny. I realize it's a horrible things to say, but I hate her. Therefore, I hate any pairing with her in it. >_<

I generally only like Ginny fics if she's paired with someone much older than her. (Mainly Tom Riddle/Ginny fics.)  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ammryn

Welcoming Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:58 pm
Ligand

Word. .w.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 am
Honestly i dislike Justin finch-fletchley with anyone in the slash department.  

DownAzzLette

12,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:41 pm
A I just don't like it: Harry/Ginny. It seems too perfect or too much like JK Rowling going "Frick, there's too much subtext between Harry and Draco/Ron/Snape/Lucius/Voldemort/Sirius/Trevor/Lupin! How do I make this less gay?" Then Ginny evolved into a Mary Sue and happily ever after la la la. Except that's probably not something she would do, but anyways, I still maintain that the whole relationship reeks of Mary Sueness. :/

B I actively dislike it: Fred and George I guess? I can handle it on the side, but not as the main relationship. Incest isn't really my thing, but it somehow becomes more than okay though when you stick Harry in the middle, so I don't know what that says about me.

C I just can't *see* it at all and that ruins it for me: Ron/Draco. I just don't get it. Even hatesex doesn't make sense to me, I feel like Draco would go through some prissy fit and say he was too good for Weasel.

D I just don't get why the heck people ship that and it's pretty confusing: Actually, I'm usually the one shipping things that confuse people. XD I try to keep an open mind, new pairings are discovered that way. heart Or look back at C, that works for this one too.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:43 pm
Ligand
I dislike her too, but I give her a shot if an author I'm fond of writes a story involving her. Which is now maybe why a small part of me ships Luna/Ginny. ^^;  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:59 am
starsmaycollide
A I just don't like it: Harry/Ginny. It seems too perfect or too much like JK Rowling going "Frick, there's too much subtext between Harry and Draco/Ron/Snape/Lucius/Voldemort/Sirius/Trevor/Lupin! How do I make this less gay?" Then Ginny evolved into a Mary Sue and happily ever after la la la. Except that's probably not something she would do, but anyways, I still maintain that the whole relationship reeks of Mary Sueness. :/

B I actively dislike it: Fred and George I guess? I can handle it on the side, but not as the main relationship. Incest isn't really my thing, but it somehow becomes more than okay though when you stick Harry in the middle, so I don't know what that says about me.

C I just can't *see* it at all and that ruins it for me: Ron/Draco. I just don't get it. Even hatesex doesn't make sense to me, I feel like Draco would go through some prissy fit and say he was too good for Weasel.

D I just don't get why the heck people ship that and it's pretty confusing: Actually, I'm usually the one shipping things that confuse people. XD I try to keep an open mind, new pairings are discovered that way. heart Or look back at C, that works for this one too.

ON the note of Dron: It's RON i have a hard time seeing in the situation. Ron is one of those few characters who is obstinately heterosexual in my brain for some reason.
I totally get the appeal though. The Slytherin Prince and the Pauper King. Sneaking around behind Harry's back. The dirty little secret.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:49 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
ON the note of Dron: It's RON i have a hard time seeing in the situation. Ron is one of those few characters who is obstinately heterosexual in my brain for some reason.
I totally get the appeal though. The Slytherin Prince and the Pauper King. Sneaking around behind Harry's back. The dirty little secret.
Well, that too of course. XD He really does seem to scream straight to me for some reason. It might just be that he was kind of meh for me as a character, I didn't like/hate him enough to want to read him in the leading role.
Keeping it a secret from Harry? Now I can kind of see that. Draco feels like he's getting revenge on Harry by luring away his best friend all Slytherin-like, Ron feels like someone's paying attention to him and not Harry for once, Harry is actually watching both of them underneath his invisibility cloak-- it could work. I think I've actually seen a fanfiction where Draco corrupted Neville that way. No invisibility cloaks were involved, though.  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:15 pm
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
Well, that too of course. XD He really does seem to scream straight to me for some reason. It might just be that he was kind of meh for me as a character, I didn't like/hate him enough to want to read him in the leading role.
Keeping it a secret from Harry? Now I can kind of see that. Draco feels like he's getting revenge on Harry by luring away his best friend all Slytherin-like, Ron feels like someone's paying attention to him and not Harry for once, Harry is actually watching both of them underneath his invisibility cloak-- it could work. I think I've actually seen a fanfiction where Draco corrupted Neville that way. No invisibility cloaks were involved, though.

Oh Merlin.
And the just when Ron has finally surrendered that this is what he wants, Draco uses Harry's anger and jealousy to get a foot in that door, and Ron gets dumped and is all kinds of conflicted and torn up and Harry feels like an a** but he just cant help himself and jesus, it's Malfoy's fault for being so damn....damn....
Pretty.

-urge to write fanfic-  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]

Oh Merlin.
And the just when Ron has finally surrendered that this is what he wants, Draco uses Harry's anger and jealousy to get a foot in that door, and Ron gets dumped and is all kinds of conflicted and torn up and Harry feels like an a** but he just cant help himself and jesus, it's Malfoy's fault for being so damn....damn....
Pretty.

-urge to write fanfic-
And now we're back at beginning, because Draco/Ron is really Draco/Harry in disguise. Somehow. XD And then Ron would be sad and write emo poetry and join the Death Eaters, because that's what Harry Potter characters do when they're depressed in fanfiction. They become Death Eaters. 3nodding

~urge to write parody~ D:  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:31 pm
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]

Oh Merlin.
Pretty.

-urge to write fanfic-
And now we're back at beginning, because Draco/Ron is really Draco/Harry in disguise. Somehow. XD And then Ron would be sad and write emo poetry and join the Death Eaters, because that's what Harry Potter characters do when they're depressed in fanfiction. They become Death Eaters. 3nodding

~urge to write parody~ D:

I dunno. Maybe I could subvert it, and have Draco go back to Ron.
My only problem is that when I try to put Ron into slash, he ends up being way more submissive than he should be.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:44 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
My only problem is that when I try to put Ron into slash, he ends up being way more submissive than he should be.
Or they could have a threesome and then everyone would be happy. XD Does it still count as Ron/Draco if it's Ron/Draco + Harry?

Really? I dunno, I see him being a little shaky the first few times, then once he gets the hang of being in a relationship I see him being more aggressive. I don't know why though. :/  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:53 pm
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
Or they could have a threesome and then everyone would be happy. XD Does it still count as Ron/Draco if it's Ron/Draco + Harry?

Really? I dunno, I see him being a little shaky the first few times, then once he gets the hang of being in a relationship I see him being more aggressive. I don't know why though. :/

Maybe it's just because I see him as so straight, that being with a dude would be just SO far out of his comfort zone it would make him kind of..shaky and submissive. In over his head.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]

Maybe it's just because I see him as so straight, that being with a dude would be just SO far out of his comfort zone it would make him kind of..shaky and submissive. In over his head.
I can sort of see that. I kind of want to write this now, but I'm still struggling with the idea of him in a relationship with another guy, much less Draco, so I don't think I could pull it off. Then the fact that it'd be a challenge is kind of alluring. D:

Any other relationships you have trouble seeing? Tonks and Remus never made much sense to me either. Probably because I was too convinced that he and Sirius were meant to be. Most of the time. There were some funny Remus/Snape ones out there.  

starsmaycollide

Tipsy Dabbler

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:12 am
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]
starsmaycollide
[Ren The Ryoko]

I can sort of see that. I kind of want to write this now, but I'm still struggling with the idea of him in a relationship with another guy, much less Draco, so I don't think I could pull it off. Then the fact that it'd be a challenge is kind of alluring. D:

Any other relationships you have trouble seeing? Tonks and Remus never made much sense to me either. Probably because I was too convinced that he and Sirius were meant to be. Most of the time. There were some funny Remus/Snape ones out there.

I just finished a really hard fanfic (Bellatrix/Sirius stuff). I was hoping I could write a few easy ones first. XD Still, I'd like to be able to write Ron slash... I may have to try.
Maybe not Dron though. I might go with Bill or Charlie or the Twins with Ron. For some reason I think that might be a little easier.

Remus/Tonks is awful. But I think it was SUPPOSED to be awful. Like it was purposely bad to make a point about rushing into relationships, or only being in a relationship for the other person and ignoring what you want and how it sucks.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff