Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
"Im not going to heaven because Im gay" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:59 pm
Marcus Davey
" Gay people are all going to hell, not because their gay, but because of all the pride celebrations. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins." =P A comic once said something like this. I don't remember exactly. Anywayyy...

I hate when people take their religion so seriously and ridiculously. Its insane. None of their religions have been proven to be correct to them and they all just take every little part on faith and at times will even kill for their beliefs. Christians among many other religions have killed in the name of god, even though killing is supposed to be absolutely wrong. *shrugs* There's a point where people should really start using some logic. x.x

People need to stop blindly following whatever they're told. I don't hate Christianity or anything, it has a lot of good values, but you shouldn't believe all the stories word for word in the bible. They should be used more as guidelines to live a morally upright life.

Why would someone just believe in something? I'll never understand it. I believe any religion could be a possibility, but they're probably all wrong. There's no reason to believe something that hasn't been proven as fact. I would gladly believe in something proven as fact. Why wouldn't a god want someone to know they exist? Obviously way more people would be glad to follow their religion.

*sighs* Idk. People are silly. =P

Most of it has to do with autrophobia (the fear of others) derived from the subconcious realization that different people are different people and not all clones of the same person. For some reason it seems that Christianity, Mormonism, and Islam are the most affected by it. I wonder why that is.............  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:58 pm
Being Gay is nothing wrong or right.
God would accept you for who you are not what gender you have right now.
I don't really believe in religion much but i'm pretty much sure God would accepted Gay people.

Tsumike

Midnyt Tyr

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:48 pm
Wow. touchy subject. Let me piss someone off. twisted

King James was an evil b*****d. He took the Bible and omitted whatever HE didn't like, slapped "Holy Bible" on the front, and shoved it in people's faces. What ever happened to Lilith? Adam's first wife and the mother of demons? Is incest actually okay, considering Noah and his wife, sons, and their wives were the "only humans" left after a flood. Not to mention that Adam and Eve had two sons and three daughters. Ooops, not supposed to talk about the daughters, I think. They're not in my Bible. There are documents that were found, much like dinosaur fossils, that date back to the days of the Bible being written and tell stories that coincide with certain stories in the Bible, and if you were to ask your preacher, reverend, father, whomever about said stories, they turn you away because, especially in the Catholic church, there are certain stories that your Father cannot tell to his flock.

We're not even going to mention all of the slavery and false executions and hate spreading and slandering of other races etc etc that the King James Bible promoted and condoned.

All in all, God is not damning unbaptized babies. It's a scare tactic. God is not damning people with "the devil's curly red hair". It's a scare tactic. God is not damning gays. It's a scare tactic.

One more thing. Homosexuality is nature's way to keep population down. That is why in so many breeds of animal, some turn to the same sex when their populace is too high, just like how some fish and insects, I believe, can actually change their sex when one gender is too low in populace. Humans are no different in Nature's eyes. There are, what, six trillion plus on this dirt ball? I think Earth wanted us to stop around less than one trillion, but we breed like roaches and have no real natural predators, like chickens have foxes, etc. No animal will eat a human unless it's starving. Attack, yes. Kill for food? Not unless they're starving. Nature is taking matters into her own hands and making homosexuals to try to curb the breeding. It's not working. Homosexuality is a genetic thing. It's not a choice unless you're a drama queen or king and just want the attention. You are genetically predisposed to liking just men, just women, or both. Period.

~Opinions and rants copyrighted by my left foot.~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:50 pm
Midnyt Tyr
Wow. touchy subject. Let me piss someone off. twisted

King James was an evil b*****d. He took the Bible and omitted whatever HE didn't like, slapped "Holy Bible" on the front, and shoved it in people's faces. What ever happened to Lilith? Adam's first wife and the mother of demons? Is incest actually okay, considering Noah and his wife, sons, and their wives were the "only humans" left after a flood. Not to mention that Adam and Eve had two sons and three daughters. Ooops, not supposed to talk about the daughters, I think. They're not in my Bible. There are documents that were found, much like dinosaur fossils, that date back to the days of the Bible being written and tell stories that coincide with certain stories in the Bible, and if you were to ask your preacher, reverend, father, whomever about said stories, they turn you away because, especially in the Catholic church, there are certain stories that your Father cannot tell to his flock.

We're not even going to mention all of the slavery and false executions and hate spreading and slandering of other races etc etc that the King James Bible promoted and condoned.

All in all, God is not damning unbaptized babies. It's a scare tactic. God is not damning people with "the devil's curly red hair". It's a scare tactic. God is not damning gays. It's a scare tactic.

One more thing. Homosexuality is nature's way to keep population down. That is why in so many breeds of animal, some turn to the same sex when their populace is too high, just like how some fish and insects, I believe, can actually change their sex when one gender is too low in populace. Humans are no different in Nature's eyes. There are, what, six trillion plus on this dirt ball? I think Earth wanted us to stop around less than one trillion, but we breed like roaches and have no real natural predators, like chickens have foxes, etc. No animal will eat a human unless it's starving. Attack, yes. Kill for food? Not unless they're starving. Nature is taking matters into her own hands and making homosexuals to try to curb the breeding. It's not working. Homosexuality is a genetic thing. It's not a choice unless you're a drama queen or king and just want the attention. You are genetically predisposed to liking just men, just women, or both. Period.

~Opinions and rants copyrighted by my left foot.~

King James didn't create the King James Bible.
James I was a known homosexual. He merely ordered the creation of the KJV Bible.

Also, wtf are you talking about? That stuff isn't in the Torah of which is there only one version. Stuff about Lilith is Jewish mythology from the Talmud - it was never in the bible. I've never heard of Adam and Eve having three daughters, so I'd like some citations on that.

There's lots of incest in the bible. Like Lot and his Daughters. God clearly makes it known then that it isn't okay - I think think you're missing the point. Genesis is what we call mythology; it is a way of understanding God's love and power, it shouldn't be held as scientific fact.

There are about 6 and a half billion humans, not trillions. If there were trillions of people we'd be eating each other to survive.

Humans don't really follow natural selection, so I don't buy that. We have all kinds of technology that prevents us from being eaten by lions or (for the most part) starving to death. Nature is not a sentient being, it can't decide "well, there's too many people on earth, time to make them gay." The simple fact of the matter is that if there is a gay gene (and there isn't, its a combination of biological, psychological, and enviromental factors), there are simply more people with it.

I agree with your message, just make sure you carefully package it so as to be factual and correct.  

Wear Sunscreen

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:52 am
I remember a dream in which God told me directly that I am "not a friend" to Him. It's probably because I'm bi. It sucks because my significant other is a Christian, and I won't be able to follow him to heaven when we die... emo  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:11 am
Clover_IceQueen
I remember a dream in which God told me directly that I am "not a friend" to Him. It's probably because I'm bi. It sucks because my significant other is a Christian, and I won't be able to follow him to heaven when we die... emo

i'm not christian, but my parents are very religious{and i have nothing against that, people can believe whatever they want to believe, as long as they don't think theyre any better because of it} and i was raised to be religious as well. what i have learned is that god loves you no matter what and you wont go to hell unless you dont believe in god. so if you get saved by god then you could go to heaven too :]
not trying to be "high and mighty" {get my pun? heh. unintended, i swear.} but yeah. dont be sad, god will accept you if you let him or something... uh, its not you that he dislikes, its liking the same sex.
thats what the message i got from my parents and teachers from my old school... so dont be sad :]]  

xKuroxBarax

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:13 am
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

i'm not christian, but my parents are very religious{and i have nothing against that, people can believe whatever they want to believe, as long as they don't think theyre any better because of it} and i was raised to be religious as well. what i have learned is that god loves you no matter what and you wont go to hell unless you dont believe in god. so if you get saved by god then you could go to heaven too :]
not trying to be "high and mighty" {get my pun? heh. unintended, i swear.} but yeah. dont be sad, god will accept you if you let him or something... uh, its not you that he dislikes, its liking the same sex.
thats what the message i got from my parents and teachers from my old school... so dont be sad :]]

But if He doesn't like that then He doesn't like me because it's a part of me  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:26 am
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

well, im not really sure. religion tends to confuse me a bit, seeing as some people have different views than others.
i think what they were trying to tell me is that he doesnt like the actions, but he still loves you. your sexuality is a part of you, but not your actions. they dont define you. only your personality does.
i think...? eh, im confused -w-  

xKuroxBarax

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:33 am
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

well, im not really sure. religion tends to confuse me a bit, seeing as some people have different views than others.
i think what they were trying to tell me is that he doesnt like the actions, but he still loves you. your sexuality is a part of you, but not your actions. they dont define you. only your personality does.

Me too sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:42 am
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

Me too sweatdrop

er, i wouldnt worry too much about it. im convinced that you can go to heaven too :]  

xKuroxBarax

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:43 am
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

Me too sweatdrop

er, i wouldnt worry too much about it. im convinced that you can go to heaven too :]

Idk... Bad things happen to me and people I care about all the time sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:46 am
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

Me too sweatdrop

ah, i know how that feels. but trust me, as you get older it'll get better :]
and trust me, people have been telling me this my whole life so im sure that you'll go to heaven, and its written in the bible that god loves you no matter what  

xKuroxBarax

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:52 am
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

Me too sweatdrop

and trust me, people have been telling me this my whole life so im sure that you'll go to heaven, and its written in the bible that god loves you no matter what

What if I don't get older? What if I die tomorrow?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:55 am
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

Me too sweatdrop

im not sure that you will. statistically speaking, you'll probably be fine, but if you do then im sure you'll get into heaven.  

xKuroxBarax

TheNewLibrarian

Witty Informer

9,600 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:57 am
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen
xKuroxBarax
Clover_IceQueen

Me too sweatdrop

im not sure that you will. statistically speaking, you'll probably be fine, but if you do then im sure you'll get into heaven.

It could happen any time eek  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces