Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:19 am
Shearaha
Shanna66
i just found this one. its hard finding a vet that isnt addicted to science diet gonk

Don't I know it. Even harder to find one that encourages raw. My vet wants me to feed Royal Canin, but after one bout has given up on convincing me.

my sister's friend's mom is a vet who likes raw feedings, but she lives and works over an hour away gonk shame too becasue she did all the stuff for my sister's cat for free, free shots and a free spay

reign just threw up again but i picked her up and made it to the toilet. poor thing was vomiting while growling while trying to claw off my arms

and i had a dream last night where she got out of the pet crate and ran towards the road again just like the other time i took her to the vet. the cat is already giving me nightmares  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:46 am
back from the vet, the gray terror is fine, they said the vomiting and bald bits were probably from stress and told me to give it some time but if it keeps up to call them. they also gave me some hair ball medication for her vomiting right now

and best new of all....... NO KITTENS!!!!!!!!! but they charge over $300 to get her fixed. and the spca still hasnt gotten back to me about low cost spaying. it will probably be a couple more months before i can afford to get her fixed gonk maybe i can bug my dad and he will pay for it as a wedding gift or something

also she hasnt gained much more weight, she gained less than a pound since earlier this month

and i got $10 off because my friend told me to go there and she got $10 off for refering me to them mrgreen  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:07 pm
Shanna66
back from the vet, the gray terror is fine, they said the vomiting and bald bits were probably from stress and told me to give it some time but if it keeps up to call them. they also gave me some hair ball medication for her vomiting right now

and best new of all....... NO KITTENS!!!!!!!!! but they charge over $300 to get her fixed. and the spca still hasnt gotten back to me about low cost spaying. it will probably be a couple more months before i can afford to get her fixed gonk maybe i can bug my dad and he will pay for it as a wedding gift or something

also she hasnt gained much more weight, she gained less than a pound since earlier this month

and i got $10 off because my friend told me to go there and she got $10 off for refering me to them mrgreen
that is great news!! as long as you dont let her get outside where she COULD get prego,I dont see any harm in waiting,especially if she has not yet gone into heat (IDK if she has or not,but if she has I would imagine you would have known she was not prego before xD) she could already be spayed,and if so,it would be pointless to go in,if she doesnt go into heat,shes prolly spayed,if you wait a few months,you should know,at her age she should be going into heat regularly  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:39 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Shanna66

that is great news!! as long as you dont let her get outside where she COULD get prego,I dont see any harm in waiting,especially if she has not yet gone into heat (IDK if she has or not,but if she has I would imagine you would have known she was not prego before xD) she could already be spayed,and if so,it would be pointless to go in,if she doesnt go into heat,shes prolly spayed,if you wait a few months,you should know,at her age she should be going into heat regularly

she has no interest in going outside at all so no problems there for now

i really hope she doesnt go into heat anytime soon D: i had a friend who left all her cats unfixed and her females were always spraying and peeing on her stuff whenever they went into heat

she will be fixed as soon as i can afford it, no question about it. im a lazy owner after all and dont feel like cleaning up a mess or risking kittens lol  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:59 am
Shanna66

Good to hear. You may also want to look into a local trap/alter/release program. They can ususally direct people to low cost spay/neuter programs. There's a place in my area that does an out of heat spay for $50. I never would have found them if not for one of the rescue groups I worked with on occasion.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:11 am
Shearaha
Shanna66

Good to hear. You may also want to look into a local trap/alter/release program. They can ususally direct people to low cost spay/neuter programs. There's a place in my area that does an out of heat spay for $50. I never would have found them if not for one of the rescue groups I worked with on occasion.

i have no idea if we have a catch and release program here. only paying $50 would be a dream come true  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:38 am
Shanna66
Shearaha
Shanna66

i have no idea if we have a catch and release program here. only paying $50 would be a dream come true

The best thing about this place is spay/neuter is pretty much all they do. You can get basic vaccines, but not a regular exam. They're good. The techs there are good. I'd take my pets there for spay/neuter before I'd take them to my regular vet, just because of how many they do. They've seen it all and know how to deal with any eventuality.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:12 am
Shearaha
Shanna66
Shearaha
Shanna66

The best thing about this place is spay/neuter is pretty much all they do. You can get basic vaccines, but not a regular exam. They're good. The techs there are good. I'd take my pets there for spay/neuter before I'd take them to my regular vet, just because of how many they do. They've seen it all and know how to deal with any eventuality.

well all her shots are done for now so i dont need to worry about that. ill ask around to see if i can find a catch and release program or something  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers