Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance <IC> Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Raganui Minamoto rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:58 am
"Oh... no... nothing at the moment... I haven't found anything I can fix up yet." The Verpine slipped his hydrospanner away, rubbing his hands together nervously. He also paid close attention to the credits. "I am a mechanic for various things. Weapons, armor, ships, droids, and any sort of odds and ends, if you require one."

If the man decided to just leave, Niknik would attempt to slip away a few of Talyn's credits.

[+8 stealth for pickpocket]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:16 pm
He nodded quietly thinking about what he currently had on him. He took a moment to look at the bits of scrap about the Verpine. Then he eyes widened, "Oh! Can you make an under-barrel attachment for my carbine?"  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:22 pm
"Possibly... what are you attaching to it? Certain things are easier to attach than others, of course."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:44 pm
He produces his carbine, the safety was on and he was holding it by the barrel out to NikNik. "I'd like a grenade launcher or maybe flame thrower? I'm not sure. there would need to be two fuel canisters for a binary fuel source. I'd like my gun to not be an incendiary device."  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:50 pm
"Hmm... you buy the drinks and let us talk... then try to find a place that I can work on it. I'll need parts, but I'll make a plan and list first." He waved a hand towards the cantina.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 pm
He looked back to the Cantina and nodded. "I was looking to make my way there eventually." He put the 200 credits away back into his sleeve and holstered the carbine back underneath his robes.  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:07 pm
Standing slowly, he'd follow Talyn to the Cantina and go find a nice corner booth to sit in, ordering an inexpensive drink.  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm
User ImageThe massive, furred frame of Lowookar did its best to move about unnoticed along the promenade. This was supposed to be somewhere far away, ideally free of the Empire's grip, in order to better avoid Order 66 and the traitorous Clone army, and yet, here the Wookiee was, staring straight across the crowded group at a patrol of the bastards who had the same face as the one who had shot Master D'angrin in the back. Lowookar's fur bristled as he remembered the stunning loss he had felt when his Master's telepathic guidance had vanished in the middle of battle, causing him to fall from the Wookiee airship and almost drown in the water below. Getting killed now would do no one any good. He had heard Master Yoda's signal warning everyone to stay away from Coruscant, and he meant to comply. Go silent, don't draw attention, await the opportune moment. He could do that. Maybe. He'd had so little training, really - he'd barely picked up a lightsaber. Now he was strolling along, it tucked neatly amidst his backhair where it wouldn't be seen, and he wondered what to do now.

He decided to duck into the cantina and perhaps order something to drink. It might make him seem like he belonged better. He almost hit his head walking through the door - it was a little bit low, really, hardly considerate of potential Wookiee patrons - and moved up to the bar. He produced a Vox Box from his bandolier and pressed one of the buttons. "A drink, please," the box said in a recorded voice that sounded like it came from a really crappy droid. He pointed at a bottle on the counter. After taking it from the bar tender, he turned around and surveyed the room and almost spat out his first sip. Zaile was here? What a relief! A fellow Jedi had survived and traveled here, and she was a much more experienced one as well. Wonderful.

He did his best to be casual as he walked over to her. "Rawwr rook worrrshk warrrgh," he said, as quietly as he could.

{Taking some liberties here, Dallas. Makes it easier. And funnier.

Perception +1 for the requested roll, as well.}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:24 pm
Xylee's blue eyes go very wide as the enormous Wookiee came over to her and began to talk conspiratorially at her. Since her knowledge of Shyriiwook was limited to a couple of rude words she'd learned on the freighter, she had no concept of what he might be trying to do.

Her mind raced, trying to decide if it was more innocuous to pretend to talk to the Wookiee or to send him--her? she couldn't tell--on his way. Neither was going to really work--the blasted clones were sure to notice him and thus her as well. But she had to say something.

"Umm, hello?" she says cautiously. "I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what you just said."

{This should be amusing.....go for whatever, Anatarei.}  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:41 pm
User ImageLowookar was taken somewhat aback by Zaile's reply. But then, of course, it hit him - she'd be playing dumb to avoid drawing too much attention. Of course, it made sense. We shouldn't be getting the clones' attention. That could be very bad. He pulled out the Vox Box. "Writing implement, please." He looked around conspiratorially again, not really sure exactly how to handle himself in these situations, while he waited for Zaile to produce something to write with. He wanted to at least provide some communication quietly - it was possible a clone trooper could have been taught Shriyywook.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:48 pm
All right. At least that would tell her what it wanted. Xylee patted her pockets, produced a pen and scrap of paper from one of them, and offered it to the Wookiee. This better not be some sort of pervy booty call. I'm not super picky, but I don't do anything with that much hair.

{I'm assuming the DM won't mind if I allow Xylee to have pen and paper for amusement value. If it bothers you, let me know how many credits to knock off my total.}  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:58 pm
Lowookar takes the pen in his massive hand, at least twice as large as the human girl's, and maneuvers it around on the paper, his shaggy fur getting in the way only occasionally.

I understand the need for secrecy.
The clones are here and everywhere else.
Did you also get the message from Master Yoda?
How do you wish to proceed?

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:21 pm
Xylee reads the message and is terribly confused by it until suddenly she makes the connection with the word "Master." He's a Jedi, and he thinks I'm Zaile!

She looks closely at him, her eyes unfocusing as she remembers one of the rare images she'd been able to see via Zaile's Force link with her. Zaile hadn't been strong enough to send images when she was undergoing most of her training, but so she'd shown Xylee other Jedi in training once or twice later so that Xylee could see what she had often described. One of the times had shown a Wookiee in the background--this Wookiee, unless she missed her guess.

What do I say? Pretend to be Zaile and enlist his assistance? That seems wrong somehow. I've never minded lying, but it seems almost like to make use of Zaile like that would be lying to her....And he seems to be looking for her help....

"My name is Xylee," she said aloud as she reached surreptitiously to take the pen from the Wookiee's giant hand. "I'm also in town looking for a job." Her voice is as casual as she can make it, trying to make any outside observers think she's responding what he's saying. "Had any luck so far?" As she speaks, she scribbles the following:

Zaile died on Coruscant. I'm her twin and the clones think I'm her.
I've been trying to hide too. I really don't understand your language.

{Deception +7 to seem innocuous to anyone other than the Wookiee.}  
Seph Baelzara rolled 6 20-sided dice: 13, 7, 6, 5, 9, 1 Total: 41 (6-120)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:32 pm
[Paper, writing utensils, silverware, and other mundane items, as they're not provided in any book, I'll safely grant them free of charge to whom wish them, as long as they are used appropriately, as intended, and do not attempt to break the game... Or try to sell to vendors for a quick credit, as just as I grant you said items, they shall forever be worth a grand total of ZERO credits. Try as you might to eek out even a single piece, nothing shall ever come of it.
If I see anyone trying anything funny with these "free" items, their privileges of having such items shall be forever revoked.]

While everyone seemed to be having their fun and relaxing within the bar, having their orders filled either by the bartender, or one of the few servo-bots that could understand the language, the outside grew quiet as the beings whom littered the promenade shuffled out on their merry way. All except the duo within identical clothes.

But all was not quiet for long. A human woman with short black hair and the greasy uniform of a mechanic stumbles, barely running onto the Promenade dodging a multitude of blaster shot bolts. She's clearly seen better days as she's found clutching her midsection as though injured, and her greasy engineer clothes is riddled with burn marks from previous shots she's taken. Barely a moment passes past her dark eyes as she struggles to make her way across the floor in the direction towards the bar, though clearly she is having difficulty walking. “Please, help me,” she calls out to the small group within. “There are credits in it for you, just help me!”

Mere seconds later, a small handful of stormtroopers burst into the area from the south end of the Promenade. They raise their blasters, aiming them at the woman, and shout through their helmet speakers, “Step away from that woman. She is under arrest in the name of the Emperor!” They don't appear to have their sights on diplomacy, and are fully prepared to shoot down anyone whom interfere between the woman and their mission.

[INITIATIVE!
How I'm thinking of having this done is thus: After everyone rolls their initiative, take the average of it all, then that'll be the group's initiative. I'll do the same with the enemies. If you have any allies that'll join in on the NPC, I shall equate that into your average.
Also I would like to ask everyone who does not have a picture for their character, please find one. It'll make it easier in identifying which token you are on the map. The bar is to the "north," so you can position yourselves where ever. Assume it's a X-Y Axis grid, with 0,0 being at the bottom left corner. of the room.
I'd like to see combats pass quickly, and such, would rather not wait more than 24 hours between posts

Imperials grunts: 7]

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. {initiative +2...hope I do better on this roll than the last one.}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff