Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Getting a tank for desk at work :Pictures Pg 2: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:14 am

I've kept males only before, never really had an issue. I do see more male/male fighting in my grandfather's tanks which are mixed though. Keep them well fed and give them hides, they'll usually leave each other alone.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:58 am
Well, now there's a Goldfish in my tank scream

One of our two office goldfish died and my coworkers over-reacted and pulled the surviving fish out, put him in a bowl too small for any fish, and drained the 30g the two of them were in.
My tank is no where near done cycling, but he's got a better chance in there then in that death trap bowl.
He's not staying. As soon as they reset his 30g I'm kicking him out. I don't like goldfish, I don't want goldfish, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna let him suffer and die in his own filth either.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:18 am
Shearaha

One of our two office goldfish died and my coworkers over-reacted and pulled the surviving fish out, put him in a bowl too small for any fish, and drained the 30g the two of them were in.
My tank is no where near done cycling, but he's got a better chance in there then in that death trap bowl.
He's not staying. As soon as they reset his 30g I'm kicking him out. I don't like goldfish, I don't want goldfish, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna let him suffer and die in his own filth either.

rolleyes some people. Any idea why the other one died? If it wasn't infectious disease or parasites then at least your tank will be fully cycled by the time that guy goes back to his own tank.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 am
Vanilla eXee
Shearaha

rolleyes some people. Any idea why the other one died? If it wasn't infectious disease or parasites then at least your tank will be fully cycled by the time that guy goes back to his own tank.

He was always sickly. Personally I think he may have had a tumor, but since I didn't get to check the body I can't be sure. The remaining fish has always been and still is very robust and active. He was really helpful to the other fish before he died. He couldn't swim right so the one on my desk would get under him and help him up to the top when they got fed. And he was really mopey when the other one died.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:01 pm
update first page  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:17 am
Guppies are floating in their bags right now! I can't wait to let them out to explore.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:49 am
Finally managed to upload a couple of pics!

User Image
Overview of the whole tank. I've got a nice centerpiece driftwood that is taking forever to get the tannins out of, so it's not in there yet.
User Image
Fishies!
User Image
Another of the fishies. Still working on names.
the black one is a bit of a bully, so I've been doing some behavior modification with him. He's improved quite a bit and is not going after the others nearly as much or as often.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:09 am

Cutiesss!

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:45 pm
The ones with the pastel colored markings are actually Endler hybrids. Endlers related to Guppies, and are going extinct in the wild to due to popular demand in the aquarium. By no means should you put any female Guppies in your tank (not that were planning to, right?). Its hard enough as it is to find pure Endlers. I got lucky and found some, at Pet Supermarket of all places!

Tank looks good, though! Looks like you have some Wisteria in there? Didnt really do much reading lol It'll look really good when you the driftwoon in there =D

I reccomend getting black gravel, once your tank has been stable for a while. It looks really awesome against the driftwood, plants and fish.

User Image

User Image

If you're wondering what the brown blobs are in the 2nd pic, they are Aponogenton bulbs. Good plants. I hope the grow... <.<  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:18 pm
Akari_32

You know, I think I might bite the bullet and get some endlers. $2 for 10, can you really go wrong?

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am
User Image
Finished tank. Got the driftwood in and another nice cutting of whatever that viney plant is. One of my coworkers had hers fall back in the tank and didn't notice, so it was rooting at both ends rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 pm
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32

You know, I think I might bite the bullet and get some endlers. $2 for 10, can you really go wrong?

You really cant wink Actually, I'm wanting to rehome my females (2 adults, 1 juvi). If you're interested, PM me =) After I moved up here, I lost the males. I didnt know untill yesterday that Pensacola water has super high pH, and I didnt acclimate them before I put them in the tank, after a 12 hour drive >.< I was just focused on getting them out of the bag -_-  

Akari_32

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:34 pm
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32

You really cant wink Actually, I'm wanting to rehome my females (2 adults, 1 juvi). If you're interested, PM me =) After I moved up here, I lost the males. I didnt know untill yesterday that Pensacola water has super high pH, and I didnt acclimate them before I put them in the tank, after a 12 hour drive >.< I was just focused on getting them out of the bag -_-

PMed :3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:31 pm
Shearaha
User Image
Finished tank. Got the driftwood in and another nice cutting of whatever that viney plant is. One of my coworkers had hers fall back in the tank and didn't notice, so it was rooting at both ends rofl

Your tank looks really good! I would watch whatever that vine is it doesnt rot in the tank and screw with the parameters.  

Akari_32

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:25 am
Akari_32
Your tank looks really good! I would watch whatever that vine is it doesnt rot in the tank and screw with the parameters.

Thanks! I'm gonna have to ask what that vine is called. Everyone in the office has some growing in their Betta tanks, the one girls is so long she's got it draped around her whole cubicle.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff