Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
..::[The Sad Cafe]::..|Accepting&&Open| Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This cafe doesn't actually exist.
  I know. haha.
  WHAT!? I've been liiiiied tooooo.....
View Results

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:47 pm
Only say what you are positive about.

Ashriel took a deep breath as she ran the fastest she could. Tears ran down her cheeks at the insults that were thrown at her. Freak? Weirdo? Was she really any of those things? Why had her father had to move... She looked back, trying to see if she'd lost the guys that had been after her. When she realized that she had, she looked around her, trying to identify with her surroundings. Upon discovering a sign just by her that read 'The Sad Cafe', she wondered what could make a cafe sad; however, that was what she thought she needed. Quietly, she found herself opening the door. She stepped in line behind a young male, and she looked down at the ground, her hand touching her brown satchel carefully.

Otherwise, you open the door for regret.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:13 pm
__________________________________________________________________________________________User Image
Ⓛⓤⓒⓨ

Lucy looked up as a young man walked through the front door, the bells above it jingled cheerily as they announced his arrival. She smiled over as he walked up to the counter and got to work at the cappuccino machine as Misery took his order.

They were busy but on top of things as usual, she set the machine to rumbling and got a small china cup and saucer down from the cupboard.

Lucy started biting her lip as she pulled the lever and let the steaming hot coffee swirl into the cup. She'd always liked the smell of coffee even though she couldn't stand to drink the stuff. She was all the more impressed with people who ordered Espresso because of it.

in the sky…

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

BaritoneGoddess

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:34 pm
"When I rule the world, I'll plant flowers."

Ezra pulled out his wallet from his dark blue messenger bag. He payed the amount then walked over to the counter to get his drink." What a strange name for a cafe. Wouldn't you think so?" He asked the girl with long dark brown hair." Why is it named 'The Sad Cafe?' If I may ask." Ezra asked the girl without looking her in the eyes. She resembled his sister, so he couldn't bare to look at her without wanting to bawl his eyes out. ' Poor Astrid.' He thought. ' I just wish I could take my mind off her.' Again Ezra tried to smile, and again it came out ever more so fake than the first time.

"When I rule the world, I'll have SNAKES!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:57 am

Ashriel fidgeted with her satchel as Ezra got his drink. Quietly, she listened for the answer to his question, curious herself. After the reception she'd been getting, however, Ashriel wasn't going to say anything herself. She waited quietly for her turn to order, still messing with her bag silently.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:17 am
Marcus' head snapped up, the sound of a car horn startled the young man and found himself crossing the street already. Marcus jay walked the busy street quickly, not wanting to get run over on his fifth day living in Gladstone. He hadn't meant to cross the street in the manner in which he did nor was he suicidal. The very fact was in his hands: a book. Marcus was way too engrossed in his stories to ever really pay attention. He sighed, scratching his head. Boy, would've that have been a bummer to have died today.

Marcus had felt funny. Something up with his head. Even the door to that corner cafe wasn't opening! He pulled harder and realized that the cafe was closed. Marcus shook his head sheepishly and continued to walk down the street, not familiar with any of his surroundings.

Even so, his mind wasn't thinking about the direction he was going but on something else entirely. Had he said something or done anything wrong? Why was he at fault? Marcus couldn't understand. He probably never would with his ex never speaking to him again and the fact that she lived all the way on the other coast.
A scowl formed on Marcus' face as he thought, definitely not happy thoughts either, and snapped his book shut when he figured it was no use to preoccupy himself from thinking such thoughts. No, no, he needed to forget. He wanted to start fresh. That's why he moved to this city. With a new mindset, Marcus began walking again. So, where was the nearest cafe again? He was clearly lost and he never liked asking for directions. So, when he came upon a cafe with a fishy name, he went inside anyways despite knowing if it was one of the more unhealthy places he's seen. Marcus was surprised, his thought on what might have been a sad cafe was totally different than what was inside the Sad Cafe. Nevertheless, Marcus had a book to read and sat at a table near the window, currently trying to forget his past and make way for the present.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:24 am
.Misery, you cannot have it without having Happiness.

Misery Rose looked up at Ezra and punched in his order into the small computer-like register. Her smile was soft, though small. She could tell something deeply troubled the male, but that was often the case with her patrons. Taking his money, Misery turned her blue eyes gaze onto the next person in line, Ashriel. "Well... Would you have walked into my cafe if it had been titled 'The Happy Cafe'?" Her laughter left her lips and she propped her elbow on the counter and her chin in her hand, leaning forward bent at the waist, to do so as she waited to hear Ashriel's order. "The Safe Cafe is probably the happiest place on earth, but most of my patrons are not happy when they find me. It's like magic draws them here." Misery Rose did not laugh at her 'magic' joke, though laughter did tint her words. "Are you sad?" She asked, her dark light blue gaze taking in all three of them, Marcus, Ezra, and Ashriel, at once.

.Just as you cannot Hate without Love.

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

BaritoneGoddess

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:16 pm
"When I rule the world, I'll plant flowers."

Ezra looked over at the register, and nodded. He pushed his glasses back on his nose with his forefinger." More and more every second." Ezra slightly mumbled is an almost whisper like tone. Ezra looked around and realized that many of the people sitting down and talking were also smiling. He thought maybe he should stay and talk a bit. ' It may take my mind of the accident.' Still waiting for is cappuccino he leaned against the wall to move for the blond girl.

"When I rule the world, I'll have SNAKES!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Ashriel looked up at Misery as she spoke, saying a quiet two words before looking down again. "Iced tea..." She said softly, assuming that they wouldn't put sugar in it unless asked to. When the question came, Ashriel continued to look down, fidgeting with her bag. She couldn't answer that...actually, that was why she'd wound up stumbling in. The girl was currently afraid of saying the wrong thing - as she often was, when not around friends. And in this new city, there were no friends of hers; she'd only met bullies and others that turned immediately against her. After all, she was just the quiet, strange girl that sat in the corner whenever possible. She stumbled over any sort of conversation, especially introductions...

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 pm

"A dollar fifty," Misery told her, grabbing a large cup from behind the counter and walking to a clear glass tank and pouring the amber liquid inside into a glass of ice. Soon her ice tea was topped with a bit of peppermint leaves and she set it on the counter. "If you want to try something a little different when you've finished your glass, I keep an ice tea in the back that has oranges and strawberries and a hint of lemon in it." Tilting her head at Ezra she asked, "And do you know what makes you sad?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:13 pm

Ashriel nodded as Misery said the price, pulling her wallet quietly out of her bag and setting the exact amount on the counter. She took the tea mutely, stepping away and drinking it. Her eyes searched about for an empty table, but she seemed to be having trouble finding one. No more words came from her lips as she stared at the ground and drank her tea.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

IchigoK25

Unbeatable Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:31 pm
Nicolas walked through the streets of the city With his Gourd looking backpack on his back. His phone rang and it was his father on the other line. He shut it off and kept on walking. He was starting to get hungry somewhat. He saw a sign that said "Sad Cafe" he looked at it for a moment. He layed his hand on the door took in a deep breath and walked inside.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:38 pm
Bryce was hunched over in his normal way, his bag over his shoulder as his head phones covered his ears. He kept his eyes glued to the side walk beneath him as he strolled along. He took a sudden right turn, into the Sad Café; his normal afternoon hang out.

He sat in ‘his’ seat—towards the back and by the window, where he could observe the continuing world—and took out his sketchbook. He sighed a bit. The only thing he didn’t like about this place were some of the new comers. Especially the people who came in here to look for potential desperate dates. It made him sick. He took off his head phones and began to sketch, waiting for someone he knew to take his order.

gaaras and milk

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:58 pm

It was getting busy faster as the minutes ticked by. Misery Rose slipped away from the counter, wiping hands on the pale rose colored apron that hung about her waist. Walking into the main area of the little cafe, she took Ashriel's hand and led the girl to an empty booth across from Bryce's. "If you need anything, let me know. I'll be back soon to check on you either way." Then she turned around and grinned at Bryce. "Hallo darling. Back again?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Ashriel looked at Misery with surprise when she was led to a booth, but she just nodded when she sat down. Silently, she pulled out her own sketch book and began drawing, her focus directed completely on it. As she drew, a tear drop stained the page, and she sighed, flipping to the next one.

Paradoxial Mouse

Fashionable Genius

7,650 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50

gaaras and milk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:03 pm
He smiled a little at the term of enderment she had used. "Yeah," he muttered, trying to cover up a picture in his sketchbook. It was from his dream the other night...a picture of humpty dumpty carved open like a ham.
"Can I just have my usual, Misery?" he asked meakly. His usual, of course, was an Earl Grey tall with a lemon slice, and a small slice of the coffee cake available for that day. He didn't eat much, but liked indulging a bit. Byrce looked at Misery, always a bit surprised at how she handled all the customers. "You seem a bit short handed."

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff