Rexie's new log! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 am
Moth Feathers

Just curious, where do you live? You must live in a really tropical area to have city-wide sprayings for mosquitos. xD I know only one other place that does it, New Orleans, and that's because they're a swamp.

If my research on mosquito chemicals is correct, the type of chemical they spray from planes is designed to kill adult mosquitoes is harmless to vertebrates and actually dissipates from the air/everywhere from hours to a couple of days, depending on what exact chemical is used. So I wouldn't freak out too much, perhaps just wash it with soap and water. Really there's not too much concern.

I live in south-central Florida. There are rivers and wetlands all around up (and we live on a river).

Vanilla eXee

Scrub scrub scrub.

Any chemicals? Vinegar? Or just hot, hot water?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:46 am
Akari_32
Moth Feathers

Just curious, where do you live? You must live in a really tropical area to have city-wide sprayings for mosquitos. xD I know only one other place that does it, New Orleans, and that's because they're a swamp.

If my research on mosquito chemicals is correct, the type of chemical they spray from planes is designed to kill adult mosquitoes is harmless to vertebrates and actually dissipates from the air/everywhere from hours to a couple of days, depending on what exact chemical is used. So I wouldn't freak out too much, perhaps just wash it with soap and water. Really there's not too much concern.

I live in south-central Florida. There are rivers and wetlands all around up (and we live on a river).

Vanilla eXee

Scrub scrub scrub.

scrub scrub scrub,rinse rinse rinse,and a couple of tra-la-la's,thats how you wash the chemicals away in the merry ol land of oz (sorry I really could not resist LOL)  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:08 am
Akari_32
Moth Feathers

Vanilla eXee

Scrub scrub scrub.

Vinegar couldn't hurt (although if you know what type of chemical they use in the spray it would be good to look up if it reacts with vinegar). Make sure you rinse it really well though because the smell might bother him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:55 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
scrub scrub scrub,rinse rinse rinse,and a couple of tra-la-la's,thats how you wash the chemicals away in the merry ol land of oz (sorry I really could not resist LOL)

LOL

I think I'll just use hot water  

Akari_32

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:12 am
Akari_32
Cowgirl-with-heart

LOL

I think I'll just use hot water
haha xD good luck! I would say,when you think youre done,give it another couple mins just for safe measure xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:50 pm
aawweee, he is so cute. What pets do you have again? Sorry, a lil off topic and random but just trying to get all the guild animals straight in my mind lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:00 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
aawweee, he is so cute. What pets do you have again? Sorry, a lil off topic and random but just trying to get all the guild animals straight in my mind lol

Lol Its ok, I havent updated my list in forever, anyways. But, you asked for it! (Its a long list LOL)

Fish

-30 gallon tank-

6 Cherry Barbs
1 Male Guppy (Jacob)
1 Endler Hybrid
1 Albino Bristlenose Pleco (Ninja)
1 Nerite Snail
1 Ivory Mystery Snail (1/2 inch wide)
1 Male Crowntail Plakat Betta (Chiisai)

-10 Gallon tank-

1 Male King Betta (Link)
4 Endlers (and two fry)
1 Purple Mystery Snail
2 Ghost Shrimp

-5 Gallon tank-

1 Male Halfmoon Betta (Gambit)

-3 Gallon tank-

1 Male Veiltail Betta (Plutto)

Furries

-Dogs-

Licorice (14 year old Lab mix)
Haley (8 year old Lab/Retreiver mix)
Dweezle (7 year old Aussie/Rotti mix)

-Rabbit-

Princess (7+/- year old minilop)

Ect.

Rex (Mali Uromastyx)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:43 pm
Okay, I will be requiring pictures. Especially of the Aussie mix, how did I not know you had one??? And wow that's a lot of Betta's lol  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:58 pm
Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Okay, I will be requiring pictures. Especially of the Aussie mix, how did I not know you had one??? And wow that's a lot of Betta's lol

LOL I'll make another thread for pics of my creatures XD

Dunno how you didnt know about Moose. I've had him for 7 years! rofl  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas