Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Oh hai dere, Suitehearts! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good lord, is that a poll?
  Why, I do believe it is, old chap!
  Well clean it up, with all the company to impress!
  Nonsense! It fits right in! Just give it a little polish, and it's perfect!
View Results

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:18 am
wedding was a yes, moving was a no. i know you had been planning and then success!

how is the post wedding and such?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:10 am
I like the Vancouver weather heart Granted we're having some crazy humid rain wave here in the middle of July. I don't think the temperatures where I'm living have gone beyond 85 yet. It's soo nice. All the East coaster's should come over here to escape that 100 degree business xp

But anyway, I do generally like Vancouver, alot of it reminds me of San Francisco cause it's got the giant mash of culture bombing everywhere with the hilly terrain and lots of interesting restaurants. I LOVE that atmosphere. And my husband's training to be a chef too, so it a good study area for him as well, haha.  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:55 pm
Ifa heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:42 am
Junimaia
I like the Vancouver weather heart Granted we're having some crazy humid rain wave here in the middle of July. I don't think the temperatures where I'm living have gone beyond 85 yet. It's soo nice. All the East coaster's should come over here to escape that 100 degree business xp

But anyway, I do generally like Vancouver, alot of it reminds me of San Francisco cause it's got the giant mash of culture bombing everywhere with the hilly terrain and lots of interesting restaurants. I LOVE that atmosphere. And my husband's training to be a chef too, so it a good study area for him as well, haha.

Oh hey, That's what my brother in law ment by unseasonal weather o:  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:16 am
coldheartedangel
Junimaia

Lol most likely, it's supposed to be all super summerific with hot unbearable-ness by now. Yer bro-in-law lives in Vancouver then? surprised Or somewhere on the east coast?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:12 am
Junimaia
coldheartedangel
Junimaia

Lol most likely, it's supposed to be all super summerific with hot unbearable-ness by now. Yer bro-in-law lives in Vancouver then? surprised Or somewhere on the east coast?

He lives in Ladner, so right near Vancouver  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:17 pm
coldheartedangel
No no, i'm living in Aus still. My hubby is Canadian, so we went over for 5 weeks to see his family. I am considering moving there though.
Pfft. *facepalm* Lookit me, not back a week and already making incorrect assumptions. razz Sorry. Still really awesome on the marriage and the visit, though! Are there pictures? (Mainly of the wedding, but Canada is nice too!)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:19 pm
Comfledore
Ifa heart
Comfy! heart Still being awesome, I see.  

Ifailedmywillsave

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:20 pm
Katarica
Not really, but I appreciate the thought smile
Always. heart Lemme know if that changes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:29 pm
Ky Jelly
wedding was a yes, moving was a no. i know you had been planning and then success!

how is the post wedding and such?
So full of stuff. Let me 'splain. No. There is too much. Let me sum up.
1) We have a cat that we rescued from our next door neighbor when she could no longer take care of him. His name is Rusty, and he's a mama's boy.
2) We moved to a different (and much better) apartment building with more space, in a quieter neighborhood, with friends on the floor below ours.
3) We spent the holidays away from the families this year to start our own traditions and sort of have a year of more-or-less just us.
4) Many of our friends who were in college have graduated and left the town.
5) His only remaining grandparent died early this summer, but he's handled it well. His mother has not. (understandably, but it shows itself in irritating and unexpected ways.)
6) His little sister graduated from college (holy crap I'm ooooold! gonk ) so we went to Chicago to visit and watch the ceremony.
7) We became resident managers for our apartment building some... month and a half ago? It is way more work than it looked for not nearly enough compensation, but it helps pay the bills, so we don't complain much. ...Except to our friends and each other. sweatdrop
cool We're getting ready to help our friends get married in September.
9) We live in one of the towns with the lowest turnover in jobs! Which is great! ...Except that we're trying to find jobs.

*considers* ...I think that's most of the important stuff. biggrin

Ifailedmywillsave

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 pm
Junimaia

Oh man. I want your weather. It's alternated between decent and TOO HOT FOR WORRRRRRDS out here, and we're not even on the East coast! D:

It sounds like an interesting place to visit, and if I could live in the suburbs it would be great t o live in. I just don't like to live in the inner city. Too crowded and busy and usually not enough green and growing things. Depends on the city and the neighborhood, of course. I'm glad you're liking it, though! That's wonderful! Ooo, he's learning to be a chef? Has he taught you any tricks? I know my friends who cook never want to cook when they're at home, since they've been cooking all day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:35 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
coldheartedangel
No no, i'm living in Aus still. My hubby is Canadian, so we went over for 5 weeks to see his family. I am considering moving there though.
Pfft. *facepalm* Lookit me, not back a week and already making incorrect assumptions. razz Sorry. Still really awesome on the marriage and the visit, though! Are there pictures? (Mainly of the wedding, but Canada is nice too!)

Not a lot of pics.
We got married at the court house. We are planning a ceremony for next year.  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:37 pm
coldheartedangel
Ifailedmywillsave
coldheartedangel

Not a lot of pics.
Oo! More time for planning is good. Have you decided on anything yet? *nosy git*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
coldheartedangel
Ifailedmywillsave
coldheartedangel

Not a lot of pics.
Oo! More time for planning is good. Have you decided on anything yet? *nosy git*
We have a venue and a date? xD
I haven't even settled on a dress yet gonk  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:54 pm
coldheartedangel
Ifailedmywillsave
coldheartedangel
Ifailedmywillsave
coldheartedangel

Not a lot of pics.
We have a venue and a date? xD
I haven't even settled on a dress yet gonk
But that helps you with some things, anyway! If you need a reception space, what sorts of colors go well with the space, is it ok to have a theme, how many people you can invite due to space restraints, if you're having your reception there can they do dances and what kind of food can you serve... Guidelines are good.  
The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff