Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Sixth Year Classes
Alchemy IV ~ (1/4) Open! (Dormir) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:16 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:22 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that day with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, team up and practice, if you’re the odd one out, practice with me. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again,

"And, don't be scared to have fun with it, either."
He chuckled. ”Try and you can practice on me.”

Quote:
Name of the spell: Dormir
Pronunciation of the spell: Dor-meed
Meaning behind the name: Dormio meaning: to sleep, slumber, siesta, nap.
Effects of the spell: A translucent wisp of smoke will gyrate the targeted wizard to lull him/her into a sudden state in between consciousness rendering the effected target in a dreaming state making the target susceptible to manipulation.
Wand movements: With wand at the ready, retract your elbow backwards (up into the air) with your wand high in the air yet still towards the targeted wizard, begin with slow sweeping loops, circling the wand in the air with a final thrust in the targets direction.
Is there a distance requirement?: Within sight, works best when the target is unsuspecting.
Are the effects lasting?: The target’s time spent half-sleeping is dependent upon the strength and determination of the caster, and does not always necessarily work against certain witches and wizards.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

   

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:14 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom.

Juan Angel Amorocho

   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:27 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: '...'
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that day with a generous smile on his lips.

”This year we will be going over the spiritual aspects of alchemy, and how alchemists sought to find a way to reach quintessence, which, is when the Above can be recreated in the Below, in short, heaven can be made here on earth and in spirit. Many alchemists believe that this phenomena is why Mister Potter was able to survive the reign of the Dark Lord in the end, because of the three fold journey he took which had changed him physically, mentally, and spiritually. A journey that every true alchemist embarks, but only few arrive…

“But, more on that later, this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.”
He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, team up and practice, if your the odd one out, practice with me. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though your doing it again,

Quote:
Effects of the spell: A translucent wisp of smoke will gyrate the targeted wizard to lull him/her into a sudden state in between consciousness rendering the effected target in a dreaming state making the target susceptible to manipulation.
Wand movements: With wand at the ready, retract your elbow backwards (up into the air) with your wand high in the air yet still towards the targeted wizard, begin with slow sweeping loops, circling the wand in the air with a final thrust in the targets direction.
Is there a distance requirement?: Within sight, works best when the target is unsuspecting.
Are the effects lasting?: The target’s time spent half-sleeping is dependent upon the strength and determination of the caster.

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:14 am
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin Prefect, Sixth Year

User Image Jess made sure that she was absolutely the first one to make it to this class today. She wished to thank Professor Amoracho personally for pointing her in the direction that saved her life. With bright green eyes and smile, the Slytherin Prefect approached her Alchemy professor and almost completely choked up -- her carefully prepared speech forgotten.

Tears threatened to fall, yet Jess barely kept her composure, "Professor... It's truly good to see you again. I'm happy to say that I'm cured, and I have you to thank for pointing me in the right direction. If .... If it weren't for you, I believe I would have been dead, and I'm grateful for what you did to help me. If I didn't think it wouldn't get you in trouble, I'd probably hug and kiss you right now. But... I should ... probably sit down now."

Jess' porcelain skin couldn't hide the bright rose color coming to her cheek from her embarrassment from how that came out. Swiftly, the blushing redhead took her chair and pulled out her quill and parchment to take notes on the spell Dormir. Also, Jess tried to calm herself before anyone else entered the classroom.  
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:51 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Dormir
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that day with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, team up and practice, if you’re the odd one out, practice with me. Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again,

He chuckled. ”Now, pair up, and if you’re the odd one out, you can practice on me.”

Quote:
Are the effects lasting?: The target’s time spent half-sleeping is dependent upon the strength and determination of the caster, and does not always necessarily work against certain witches and wizards.

Juan Angel Amorocho

   

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:17 pm
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Long, dutiful strides carried the Hispanic professor of alchemy to the front of his classroom with his wand in hand, a simple swish, and the familiar script of the professor suddenly scribbled a spell and its directions on the board. ”Welcome to Alchemy IV, I am Professor Angel, or just professor.” He repeated for the fifth time that day with a generous smile on his lips. ” this class we’re going to learn a rather complicated spell due to its lasting effects on the mind. The wand-work is quite complicated, but the pronunciation is moderate, just watch me, DOR-meed.” He recited, and emphasized the movements of his wand for the class to watch and learn. "Now, team up and practice, Please, keep in mind, that the only way to release your hold without blacking out, would be too repeat the spell as though you’re doing it again,

He chuckled, this had always been his favorite first lesson.

Quote:

Juan Angel Amorocho

   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:44 am
User Image

User Image

Heather sat in the same seat as she did every year, staring up at the front of the room where Professor Angel was speaking and going over their assignment for the day. Swiftly, she took notes on the spell they were going to be practicing. Dormir, a spell that would basically make someone fall asleep so you could control them. That seemed a bit... out there. The controlling bit. But, the spell itself could be useful one day. They were instructed to team up, and after looking around the room to see that everyone had made it through to this class after OWL's last year, her gaze settled upon her boyfriend. Standing, she approached him with a gentle smile. "Hey, Chase. Would you mind partnering up with me?" she asked, rolling her wand back and forth in her hand. If she was going to be in some weird state between conscious and unconscious, she wanted to be able to trust the person casting that spell completely, so who else was she going to ask?

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:57 am
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fifth Year || Chaser || Prefect || My Love

So this was something like hypnosis? Or something? He saw many similarities between this spell and the effects of hypnosis, though perhaps "dormir" was several levels above the other, especially considering how this was the product of magical folks. On second thought, this sleeping spell was scary, especially consider how someone could randomly pop out, cast it, then make you do things you normally wouldn't. Wasn't this similar to the Imperius curse? He left this train of thought behind, then replied to Heather, "Sure, why not?"

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:21 am
User Image

Amanda watched Professor Angel as he cast recited a spell. She didn't quite understand what the spell did, but the time would come that she felt it since the students were required to partner up and practice on each other. Blue eyes looked around the room. Of course, Heather and Chase are partnered together, she thought before wondering what it would be like if she had a boyfriend in their year. Would the couple always practice casting spells on each other, or would they partner up with their own friends during class?

((OOC: outfit in picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:12 pm
User Image

User Image

Heather grinned at him as he agreed. "Great! Come on!" she exclaimed, grabbing his arm and tugging him up from his chair. Hopefully the effects of the spell wouldn't cause them to fall over. That would be bad for the both of them. After all, the floor wasn't very soft. When she had found a clear spot in the room, the blonde pulled her wand out of her back pocket and faced her boyfriend, still smiling. "I can go first, if you want. Are you ready?" she asked him. The teen began to wave her wand, following the circular motions Professor Angel had shown them, then thrust her wand forward. "Dormir!" Heather exclaimed, hopefully casting the spell correctly. Professor Angel had said that this spell was difficult to learn because of the caster's mind. If she could get it right, then stay focused on it, the spell should work for a longer amount of time. The question was, did she get it right, or did she fail on her first try?

{OOC: You decide the fate of the spell, Moon! Muwhahahaha! >:3}

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:38 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Fifth Year || Chaser || Prefect || My Love

"Okay, okay," Chase hurriedly said as he was dragged off and it was decided that Heather would go first. How this would turn out, the boy had no idea. Wait a second, would he even be affected? A skeptic like him wouldn't be affected by something like this, right? Well, it was magic after all. Chase felt a spell hit him, and although his mind was kinda in a turmoil, went into a sleepy daze. As his muscles loosened, gravity took effect, and the youth started falling forward.

{OOC; IDK, THIS SEEMED HIGHLY LIKELY}

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:21 pm
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
╚══════════════╝

Long legs swept around the room, circling the students like a hawk as dark eyes analyzed. Fingers intertwined behind his back, spine straight, he seemed deep in thought as he observed the students in their technique. ”The marvelous thing about this spell is—which makes it different from the imperious curse—is the lack of obstruction from the emotion and psyche of the victim. In a way, it is almost like hypnotism, you have to talk to them, coax them. But their underlying emotions are still intact, their subconscious is still alert. Anything that might upset the normal, steady, empty balance could rouse the victim from their sleep with a sudden start. Anything that they may feel is wrong, morally or otherwise, can trigger this as well.” He blinked suddenly, as Chase began to propel forward and— ”Cadomolleo,” Professor Angel recited the cushioning charm quickly before the young Ravenclaw hit the floor. ”Sometimes, the victim will remain on their feet, and, well, other times, it may affect them so heavily that they—er—just sort of fall.

“Go ahead and tell Chase to stand, Heather, or dance, whichever you prefer— but do try and not to stir him from this state of consciousness.”

[[Edit: this lesson will continue until next week.]]
Juan Angel Amorocho

   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:39 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Frango Frigus
╚══════════════╝

After a short break, Angel entered his classroom with a whimsical hop to his step and an apple in his hand. With the wave of his wand, the directions for the days lesson appeared on the blackboard located at the front of the classroom. "Today, we will learn a charm that is especially useful in potioneering, and, in ancient times, had been used as a means to acquire fresh water which at times can be a scarce thing, but vital in every aspect. The spell, frango frigus, allows frozen water to shatter, but when it does, it doesn't act as an explosion. It's such a subtle change, you can barely even hear it, but it will cause frozen solid chunks of ice to break into a million, almost shaven pieces of ice, and it would rapidly increase the meltdown rate of the water without losing any through evaporation or giving away your location.”

The Board
turn to page 14 in your textbooks

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:55 pm
User Image

Amanda turned to page fourteen, just as Professor Angel had said; however, that page talked about Dormir. Dormir was the spell they learned last week. "It's page fifteen, professor," the blonde stated, correcting the professor. The student read over the Frango Frigus spell. Are we supposed to practice this now? she wondered, waiting for Professor Angel to either give them instructions or to dismiss the class.

((OOC: outfit in picture))

Sixth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces