Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
i has a hound!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Delta Druid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:37 am
I honestly don't know o.O deffinately pharaoh hound in there though. I certainly can't think of another breed of dog with those tall pointed ears X3 what's her coat feel like? Is it wired? I'm just wondering because if it's not, I honestly think you should be thinking Duck Toller with those markings, but because of the really short hair on the Pharaoh's the hair might have been cut back.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:03 am
Delta Druid
I honestly don't know o.O deffinately pharaoh hound in there though. I certainly can't think of another breed of dog with those tall pointed ears X3 what's her coat feel like? Is it wired? I'm just wondering because if it's not, I honestly think you should be thinking Duck Toller with those markings, but because of the really short hair on the Pharaoh's the hair might have been cut back.

her coat is very course. only the top of her head and her ears are soft  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Delta Druid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:10 am
Shanna66
Delta Druid

Yeah I don't know. Sorry =/ Maybe a pharater? *phara=pharaoh ter=terrier* that's the only name I can think of for the second breed unknown dog x3. Beautiful girl though, and she looks really happy there =3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:14 am
Delta Druid
Shanna66
Delta Druid

Yeah I don't know. Sorry =/ Maybe a pharater? *phara=pharaoh ter=terrier* that's the only name I can think of for the second breed unknown dog x3. Beautiful girl though, and she looks really happy there =3

thanks. i think she is just happy to have a yard to run around in and not be stuck in a cage all day  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:51 am
Congrats on your new addition!!!!!!!!!! She's adorable! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:31 am
Delta Druid
I highly doubt she has any pharaoh hound in her. The breed is pretty rare so not the sort of think you tend to see popping up in a shelter.

My first thought was a pit mix simply because I've seen so many pits/pit mixes from shelters with a similar ear set. Because the ears are often cropped there is little care with ear set and the like. I wouldn't be surprised however if there are multiple breeds at play. She fits the bill perfectly with a medium build, short coat, perk ears and so on that multiple mixes swirled together tend to produce.  

Krissim Klaw
Crew

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:54 am
Krissim Klaw
Delta Druid
I highly doubt she has any pharaoh hound in her. The breed is pretty rare so not the sort of think you tend to see popping up in a shelter.

My first thought was a pit mix simply because I've seen so many pits/pit mixes from shelters with a similar ear set. Because the ears are often cropped there is little care with ear set and the like. I wouldn't be surprised however if there are multiple breeds at play. She fits the bill perfectly with a medium build, short coat, perk ears and so on that multiple mixes swirled together tend to produce.

eh, either way i love her and she seems very animal friendly so far so ive got no complaints. though im really sure she has some sort of sighthound in her because of how she runs and looking at her from certain angles.

also there are people with pharoah hounds in my area so i wouldnt be suprised if someone had an oops litter and just let the dogs go free. sadly that situation isnt uncommon here  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:15 am
In a couple pics her body and facial structure really remind me of an Australian Cattle Dog. She could have Pit Bull in her I suppose, but I'm not really seeing it.  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Krissim Klaw
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:43 am
Shanna66

eh, either way i love her
And of course at the end of the day that is all that really matters. <3

@ Savage- I thought I might see some cattle dog in her too. As I mentioned earlier my vote however is she could easily have multiple strays in her linage versus an even split.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 pm
it seems to be the game of every store i go into with her is for them to guess what she is mixed with lol

i ran into my vet today at the pet supply store, she was getting a life jacket for her newest dog, she loves the aussies. even she was stumped about stowrm. though everyone seems to agree that there is some terrier in her

the vet said i should just tell everyone she is a dingo XD  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:59 pm
Looks like she has Shiba Inu in her. o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:08 pm
Shanna66

Cowgirl-with-heart
I get a kick out of the fact that you told all of us on here, but have said nothing about it on facebook xD

im keeping her a seceret from my dad until after the wedding. he got pissed enough at me when i got a cat a few months ago. im an adult with my own house and i still have to sneak in animals past my dad gonk

plus i wanted to suprise my sister, i had her come over yesterday and just let the dog greet her. she was so auprised and didnt believe me at first when i said she was mine

also as an update on her
yesterday we taught her sit and lay down. such a smart girl. today ill be working on stay

and she met the pit next door through the fence. both dogs seemed to have alot of fun running along the fence and everytime stowrm went to play with her ball the pit would call her back over.
gonk that totally sucks!!!!  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Skeksis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:53 pm
I've though on and off about this all day. razz I'm honestly not so sure that I see sighthound in her, but like Savage, my first thought was 'p***k eared herding breed'. p***k ears are pretty dominant to my knowledge and could certainly come from many more sources than a pharoah hound, as could her colour.
If there is any sighthound I think it would be well back in the cross, not a half cross.

Can you get a level side on pic of her?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:49 pm
I've gotta ask about the breed id test. Cause, I was originally told, that dna tests can't tell a wolf apart from a dog. But, a couple customers have said they tried it and the results were basically what I guessed looking at the dog. Like the latest, I knew was toller mix. But the breed dna test was able to fill in the blanks.

Also, off topic, I LOVE when people ask me what kind of dog Cowboy is. Even people who HAVE aussies, are surprised that he's "pure" because no one I have met, has ever seen, in person, a yellow aussie. According to asgi.org I think is the site, they are NOT rare, simply a recessive trait that is not standard but yet, he seems to be one of kind. heart  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:18 am
Skeksis
I've though on and off about this all day. razz I'm honestly not so sure that I see sighthound in her, but like Savage, my first thought was 'p***k eared herding breed'. p***k ears are pretty dominant to my knowledge and could certainly come from many more sources than a pharoah hound, as could her colour.
If there is any sighthound I think it would be well back in the cross, not a half cross.

Can you get a level side on pic of her?

she is too fast, ive been trying lol

the vet thinks she has some cattle dog in her becasue of the face. she may just be a little mix of everything for all i know lol

also as another update and something im going to ask the vet about
she does not like being outside alone, if she sees im not out there with her she gets really upset. my fiance is wondering if maybe her other family abandoned her or something

any ideas on how to get her to be ok with being outside alone? so far all she does is cry and sit by the back door until i go out there with her even if she is our there for a long time she just spends all that time by the door looking miserable  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff