Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e: Secrets of Lidea~~~~~~~~[FILLED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:24 am
KytanaTheThief
So far, looking at a halfling cosmic sorcerer.....and heavily debating having the char from Lidea, since I always love playing an "underground" char.

As for Eberron, wasn't quite sure on how to proceed, since a lot of it seemed to be just you and arc, wasn't sure where everyone else had gone. And yes, gonna post in BNW in a few ;p

I dunno how much lifeblood Eberron has left; mainly because we've gone through so many parties. I originally joined it because I felt bad because the current party (at the time) didn't have enough support sweatdrop

Arc, when you read this, your thoughts? Dunno how attached to that game you are, but have you considered a replacement, like you did with KotS?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:27 am
Also, I'm flexible with tons of unplayed character concepts in my head, people. If anyone feels more strongly to a dedicated leader role, and we are lacking in a different department, I can easily play something else.

I kind of want to play a blowy uppy wizard as well.

EDIT: Death Nun.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 am
Then do it Rain, I don't mind rebuilding my healer... if we need a leader or try out a new class... I am like you, I normally wait to see what the group needs more before I create my character.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:43 am
I've decided on a duel blade ranger
have the heal skill so i can help with that  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Then do it Rain, I don't mind rebuilding my healer... if we need a leader or try out a new class... I am like you, I normally wait to see what the group needs more before I create my character.

Just for clarification, I meant I want to play it as much as I want to play my Deva Bard. I'm playing him like a Magic Warlord, which I'm excited about.

However, he's HARDLY healing focused. He actually plays more like a Controller than anything, so having 2 leaders might not be a bad thing.

But if you don't want to share Leader duties, I can make a REAL controller, not a cheap knock-off ^-^ Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 am
I'd love to play, though not sure if I should go with my Revenant Paladin, Kalashtar Nethermancer, or my Shadar-kai Cleric of the Raven Queen.  

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:11 am
I'd love to play, though not sure if I should go with my Revenant Paladin, Kalashtar Nethermancer, or my Shadar-kai Cleric of the Raven Queen.

I will point out that there's a Dragonborn Paladin called already, if that effects your choice.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:15 am
Rain Yupa

I will point out that there's a Dragonborn Paladin called already, if that effects your choice.
It does a little bit, but at the same time it's not bad to have more than one defender. And there is also the Deva Bard which means a Leader isn't needed. But you also can't have enough controllers...Oh, also the Revenant Paladin doesn't need to Eat,Sleep,Drink, or Breath. Undead Paladin's Arealways fun....Or the 10 year old Shadow Mage...Dang.  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 am
Lianna Beleren

check it out, I think I did good for my first melee character  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:55 am
Snuff that Muffin
Lianna Beleren

The only thing I have about it is the extra 10 torches, the Adventurer's Kit has 2 sun rods both light a 20 square for 4 hours. But that doesn't matter cause you have to run out eventually and then you need something. It just seemed odd to me for a sec.

I wanted to get an everburning torch, but then I wouldnt have enough for the adventurer's kit or anything else...plus I've got Low-Light vision, so I'm good unless we go into a dark area

why does armor have to be so expensive T-T  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:59 am
Snuff that Muffin
Snuff that Muffin
Lianna Beleren

The only thing I have about it is the extra 10 torches, the Adventurer's Kit has 2 sun rods both light a 20 square for 4 hours. But that doesn't matter cause you have to run out eventually and then you need something. It just seemed odd to me for a sec.

I wanted to get an everburning torch, but then I wouldnt have enough for the adventurer's kit or anything else...plus I've got Low-Light vision, so I'm good unless we go into a dark area

why does armor have to be so expensive T-T

I know right! it was hard out fitting my Ceric ( Razvahn Shathys ) and my Paladin ( Lucyan Shadar ) I ended up spending like 97 out of 100 gold, except on my Cleric. It was the full hundred the only reason why the Paladin wasn't is he doesn't have to eat or sleep so I didn't need as much.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:00 am
Yeah, but it's kind of hard to Twin Strike with sunrods neutral

Also, Sunrods are 2 gp each, so you could get several more if you wanted instead.

Also, @ Two-Blade Rangers: They can wield any one-handed weapon in their off hand as if it were an off-hand weapon. That mean you could have any of these weapons as ranger two-blade weapons:

Club
Dagger
Javelin
Mace
Sickle
Spear
Battleaxe
Flail
Handaxe
Longsword
Scimitar
Short Sword
Throwing Hammer
Warhammer
War Pick

It needn't match either. You could go battle-axe and war pick for your two weapons and not suffer a lick of penalty.

Just letting you know that you had more options than short swords, especially with 39 gp left over 3nodding

EDIT: *scribbles down two-spear ranger as a character concept*  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:12 am
Rain Yupa
Arc, when you read this, your thoughts? Dunno how attached to that game you are, but have you considered a replacement, like you did with KotS?

I love Eberron, and I wanted the game to run well, but an urban intrigue game has a high requirement on party continuity and what group I can cobble together wasn't too keen on the investigation side. Too few of the players had any kind of investment in the setting as well, so it's a challenge to keep the momentum up.

I have another campaign idea backburnered for a while, I just haven't been willing to start a third game. It's one of the Games That I Will Run so I haven't dropped many hints about its nature yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:15 am
Rain Yupa
Yeah, but it's kind of hard to Twin Strike with sunrods neutral

Also, Sunrods are 2 gp each, so you could get several more if you wanted instead.

Also, @ Two-Blade Rangers: They can wield any one-handed weapon in their off hand as if it were an off-hand weapon. That mean you could have any of these weapons as ranger two-blade weapons:

Club
Dagger
Javelin
Mace
Sickle
Spear
Battleaxe
Flail
Handaxe
Longsword
Scimitar
Short Sword
Throwing Hammer
Warhammer
War Pick

It needn't match either. You could go battle-axe and war pick for your two weapons and not suffer a lick of penalty.

Just letting you know that you had more options than short swords, especially with 39 gp left over 3nodding

EDIT: *scribbles down two-spear ranger as a character concept*

duel wield sun-rods? Challenge Accepted, lol

And whoa, didnt know that. I'm switching to longswords...

@Death_God:
Yeah, I got my armor and though "Okay, 25g down..not too bad...but then I remembered I wasnt playing a caster...weapon time T-T, lol  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers