Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:05 pm
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee

Ooh that sounds like a chicken's dream! I give mine leftover fruits, veggies, grass, mealworms and the store down the street sells organic grains by the pound so I usually get some of those to mix in with their feed. They have whatever bugs they can catch in the yard too :3

Have ever gotten to watch them hunt? Its so funny!! rofl

You mean "AAAH A BUG!" -peckpeckpeckpeck- "Why is it still there?!" -peckpeckpeckpeck-

Yes, kinda like that rofl Also when they pounce on it rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Chickens are soo silly. I just put them away and Jacob does this new thing where when I put him in the coop, he lays down in front and stretches his head out the door for me to pet him. So I sat up on the coop and started petting him, then Claudie saw what was going on, got jealous and pushed her way under my arm so she could get love too :3

My guys didnt really like to be pet. I think its cause the dogs freeked them out, and I always smelled like the dogs. They did like to eat though XD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:08 pm
Akari_32

My guys didnt really like to be pet. I think its cause the dogs freeked them out, and I always smelled like the dogs. They did like to eat though XD

Aah yes. Mine were also specifically raised to be pets, so I'm sure that helps, lol. And boy oh boy do they love to eat too.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:29 pm
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32

Aah yes. Mine were also specifically raised to be pets, so I'm sure that helps, lol. And boy oh boy do they love to eat too.

I dont think it would have been much of a problem if the dogs werent really young when we brought the chickens home. Since they were still 1 and 2 years old, every thing that moved was a toy, and when we let the chickens out to move their smaller coop (mom build them a small cage that we could move so they could always have fresh grass) the dogs wouls chase them, no matter how hard we tried to keep them away >.< Fluffy ended up getting a broken leg at one point, which really didnt help gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:32 pm
Akari_32
Vanilla eXee
Akari_32

I dont think it would have been much of a problem if the dogs werent really young when we brought the chickens home. Since they were still 1 and 2 years old, every thing that moved was a toy, and when we let the chickens out to move their smaller coop (mom build them a small cage that we could move so they could always have fresh grass) the dogs wouls chase them, no matter how hard we tried to keep them away >.< Fluffy ended up getting a broken leg at one point, which really didnt help gonk

Yeah dogs can be very iffy around chickens. I make sure Blue is not in the yard when I let them out to roam. A few times he has broken through the fence and chased them but I'm pretty good at catching him before he catches them. Poor Fluffy =(

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items