Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
Harajuku Style ~ Can I pull it off in the US? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:07 am
ιитєɢяιтץℓσvєυиιтץ
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

The US is a pretty diverse place when it comes to style. Tons of people dress tons of different way, so I don't see why you shouldn't try a Decora or a Visual Kei style! Go for it, but maybe start out with a few hair clips then work your way up to the full on accessories party. That way it's not a sudden change and people won't get "shocked".

Good luck! yum_cupcake

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:00 pm
hellsimh 24 and i love dekora and gothic lolita and other styles  

SzayelChan

Portable Sushi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:21 pm
Cariella
ιитєɢяιтץℓσvєυиιтץ
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

The US is a pretty diverse place when it comes to style. Tons of people dress tons of different way, so I don't see why you shouldn't try a Decora or a Visual Kei style! Go for it, but maybe start out with a few hair clips then work your way up to the full on accessories party. That way it's not a sudden change and people won't get "shocked".

Good luck! yum_cupcake

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

depends on what you physicallyl look like.....and how you put the garb together... if youre a wonderbread girl and you mess it up... we asians will shoot you <3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:23 pm
If you really want it, and if that's something you're really into then for sure do it.
But YES, you are going to look silly to a lot of people. And kids will stare and you WILL look like another Japanese-obsessed teenager. But seriously, if that's who you are and if you're still gonna be loud and proud about this 5 years down the road then have fun with it!....also when you're 40, remember that it'll be something to laugh about, and at least you'll be able to say that you didn't dress like every other girl out there.
But if this is just a brief obsession....don't waste your money!
Haha. And is there really anywhere but downtown Tokyo you COULD pull those styles off?? People will always stare and a lot of them will judge and discriminate against you. It's all what you personally decide is worth it!!  

viper_353

Lady Cantarella

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:07 am
Portable Sushi
Cariella
ιитєɢяιтץℓσvєυиιтץ
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Good luck! yum_cupcake

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

depends on what you physicallyl look like.....and how you put the garb together... if youre a wonderbread girl and you mess it up... we asians will shoot you <3

Please don't shoot me. ^___^' (um. and I'm not 100% sure what wonderbread girl means. I think I do, but... I feel dumb -_-' )
Any tips on how to do it well? I could use all the help I can get sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:09 am
viper_353
If you really want it, and if that's something you're really into then for sure do it.
But YES, you are going to look silly to a lot of people. And kids will stare and you WILL look like another Japanese-obsessed teenager. But seriously, if that's who you are and if you're still gonna be loud and proud about this 5 years down the road then have fun with it!....also when you're 40, remember that it'll be something to laugh about, and at least you'll be able to say that you didn't dress like every other girl out there.
Haha. And is there really anywhere but downtown Tokyo you COULD pull those styles off?? People will always stare and a lot of them will judge and discriminate against you. It's all what you personally decide is worth it!!

It's definitely something I wanna do before I go to college. Give the people in my grade something to remember me by. It's not so much an obsession, but an appreciation for the fashion and culture (I'm a big fashion girl). I find the style very unique.  

Lady Cantarella

Portable Sushi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:55 pm
Ginkitsune-chan
Portable Sushi
Cariella
ιитєɢяιтץℓσvєυиιтץ
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Good luck! yum_cupcake

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Please don't shoot me. ^___^' (um. and I'm not 100% sure what wonderbread girl means. I think I do, but... I feel dumb -_-' )

http://www.harajukustyle.net/
good luck ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:10 pm
Ginkitsune-chan
viper_353

It's definitely something I wanna do before I go to college. Give the people in my grade something to remember me by. It's not so much an obsession, but an appreciation for the fashion and culture (I'm a big fashion girl). I find the style very unique.

Aah, well if that's why you want to do it then go for it!! Be
fearless girl!! ♥  

viper_353

Lady Cantarella

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:27 pm
Portable Sushi
Ginkitsune-chan
Portable Sushi
Cariella
ιитєɢяιтץℓσvєυиιтץ
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Good luck! yum_cupcake

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

good luck ^^

biggrin
Thank you so much! The site is really helpful! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:27 pm
viper_353
Ginkitsune-chan
viper_353

Aah, well if that's why you want to do it then go for it!! Be
fearless girl!! ♥

Lol. Thank you! I'll do my best, now I gotta find a good place to buy from razz  

Lady Cantarella

Portable Sushi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:53 pm
Ginkitsune-chan
Portable Sushi
Ginkitsune-chan
Portable Sushi
Cariella
ιитєɢяιтץℓσvєυиιтץ
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Good luck! yum_cupcake

▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

good luck ^^

biggrin
Thank you so much! The site is really helpful! ^_^
^^ anytime  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:58 pm
I already do this but in a toned down fashion. For starters and get to a feel of it I would buy the following:
2-3 cute hairbows that match some of your clothes already
At least one choker and a few dangling necklaces, beaded ones included
at least 6 bracelets and arm bands in vary designs and colors
A few rings, do cute designs like cupcakes and then some basic colored stones
Cute earrings if your ears are pierced
A good belt or two, I suggest a checkered belt in any color you like
Brooches and buttons, they can be very nice

Just don't clutter yourself, start off like the first picture to get a feel of organization first and go from there. ^^  

Femme Mantis

Cute Punk

ClarinetOtakuMai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:30 pm
I have a very out-there style for the small town I live in, so I know what you're thinking. And here's my advice. Go for it, if you want to go 100% do it if not whatever. Just OWN UP TO IT. When I first started wearing crazy clothes to school people would stare, but I would walk down the halls head up, chatting with me friend, laughing, acting completely how I normally do, and they got used to it. As long as you are confident about it no one can do anything about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:54 pm
A guy to school dressed up tot he whole nine yards once. Nobody looked twice. You can pull it off.
Also my style's punk-y. Nobody looks twice at me~  

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

leetcream

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:08 pm
Totally go for it. Don't go over board with the hair clips and all that just add a few like 4 or 5.
I totally love Harajuku styles and i always wanted to try them out but i can't dress like that since i live in a ghetto town and i my mom really doesn't let me have me freedom so i just keep thinking up styles to wear and all that when i get to college.

So go for it ^.^ ( and no it is not scene or anything like that )

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff