Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
Ask A Makeup Artist / Cosmetologist :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:07 am
Atomic Poppy
Whoot! I'm lucky then xD
I think I have hair problems. I also get tons of split ends in my hair no matter what. Like 3 inches of my hair are filled with split ends D: Advice? :c

Hello Atomic Poppy blaugh To get rid of split end right now your gonna have to cut them off sorry to say. But good news is if you use a protein treatment after on your hair you can buy at Sally's beauty supply, or a salon you wont have split ends again. You use a repairing protein ( also know as keratin ) on your hair once a week and it rebonds and repairs your ends. Products i know work are: Redken extreme cat protein restructuring treatment for distressed hair,Sebastian penetraitt reconstructive protein treatment, Paul Mitchell hair repair treatment, Paul Mitchell awapuhi wild ginger kera-triplex treatment, and Brazilian blowout acai deep conditioning masque. All of the products are from price ranges of 10-20 US dollars. You don't need too much every time you use it eather start at your ends of the hair, then work it up to your roots. Hope this helps. heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am
Frezeal
Alright, alright. What can I substitute for an eye primer? I heard concealer works but I am not sure.

Hello Frezeal blaugh Yes you can substitute liquid concealer for eye primer. Ive ran out of eye and lip primer when traveling and had to substitute before. But if you can get to a Sally's beauty supply store its called: Claudia Stevens lid and lip primer base I use it often its smooth and its only $ 4.50 and its last for months. But if you can't get to a beauty supply store, use a moisturaiser with spf in it( or just use sunscreen) on your lids then after rubbing that in, use your liquid concealer then eye shadow. Another trick i learned is you can dampen your brush your going to use for your shadows it will make the shadow set and look brighter on your lids. Only set back is your gonna have to let your eye shadow dry after lol. Well I hope that helps. heart

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:31 am
jesusgirl115
You are about to be flooded with questions!

Any tips for applying pencil eye-liner to your upper lid?
I never leave the house without eye-shadow on (I know I'm crazy) but I always feel like my makeup is too 'fancy' for my attire (being skinny jeans, a tight v-neck shirt and converse) any colors you would recommend? or just suck it up and don't wear eye-shadow X D and my eyes are green.

Thank you so much for doing this!

Hello Jesusgirl115 blaugh It's no problem at all. Its actually easier it use liquid eye liner! You can get one at any drug or beauty supply store. It comes with its own bush, and its like drawing with a sharpie on your eyelids lol. Its easier to handle,easier to take off, and comes in like 15+ colors in some stores. I use the Elf Cosmetics Line you can get it at target and big stores like that. Ready for this too its only a dollar ! I know your probably thinking its not that good, but trust me ive bought liquid liners from MAC and Sephora and they dont even compare to the Elf Cosmetic line, and comes in 9 colors. Now when it comes to you going out with makeup. I defiantly understand, I remember i went to the hospital once and on the way there I was doing my makeup lol ! You have green eyes huh?. Well your in luck there is a lot of colors that look awesome with green eyes. Purples, blues, silver, gold, peach, champagne, brown all look amazing on green eyes. Now if you can use green on your lids, then on the corners of your eyes use dark brown and pull and blend that color into the crease,you can make a simple but awesome smokey eye for green eyes.(Dont forget the liner black liner on your top lid looks awesome with a smokey eye) I will see if i can find a pic to post later if i can. Well i hope that helped you. heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:39 am
MissLuna88
Hello Jesusgirl115 blaugh It's no problem at all. Its actually easier it use liquid eye liner! You can get one at any drug or beauty supply store. It comes with its own bush, and its like drawing with a sharpie on your eyelids lol. Its easier to handle,easier to take off, and comes in like 15+ colors in some stores. I use the Elf Cosmetics Line you can get it at target and big stores like that. Ready for this too its only a dollar ! I know your probably thinking its not that good, but trust me ive bought liquid liners from MAC and Sephora and they dont even compare to the Elf Cosmetic line, and comes in 9 colors. Now when it comes to you going out with makeup. I defiantly understand, I remember i went to the hospital once and on the way there I was doing my makeup lol ! You have green eyes huh?. Well your in luck there is a lot of colors that look awesome with green eyes. Purples, blues, silver, gold, peach, champagne, brown all look amazing on green eyes. Now if you can use green on your lids, then on the corners of your eyes use dark brown and pull and blend that color into the crease,you can make a simple but awesome smokey eye for green eyes.(Dont forget the liner black liner on your top lid looks awesome with a smokey eye) I will see if i can find a pic to post later if i can. Well i hope that helped you. heart

A dollar is not bad at all! I'm totally willing to spend a buck and just see how it goes ; )

Thank you so much! I'll be sure to ask you if I have any more questions.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:23 pm
oOVintage CupcakeOo

Hi!
This is a quite nice thing to do for us. Thank you! :3

Well, my personal concern is that I have combination skin that gets too oily during the summer (I live in a tropical island and the weather is killer for my skin). I only wear translucent powder for my face because anything else just melts into my pores. It seems. gonk
Do you know what skincare products/routine I should try so that my face is not that oily looking anymore?
Also, what is your opinion on bb creams? I've read/heard that it's a "miracle" cream that Koreans use and have been curious about it.

Hello oOVintage CupcakeOo blaugh You are vary welcome! I know what your mean I also have combination skin, and I lived in south Flordia for half of my life. My skin was dry, it peeled, and was oily. But since I had to deal with it for 12 years before deciding to move up north I also know how to deal with it now that im 23 lol. 4laugh Ok 1.Use a gentile cleaner ( mild foaming cleanser like Dove essential nutrients self-foaming cleanser. Its gentile enough to not irritate your dry parts, but tough enough to get your oil out)Also exfoliate your face. Exfoliation is a good thing to take off the dead skin cells, and for circulation of our face. But you do not want to exfoliate every day 2-3 times a week is enough with a gentile exfoliate. ( I use a exfoliate twice a week in gentile circular motions on my face, jaw, and neck. I use Clean &Clear deep action exfoliating scrub.) 2. Use a toner to repair your skin ( never use one with alcohol in it, because it will dry your face out like no tomorrow. Use a toner like Burt's Bees garden tomato toner) 3. Use a sunscreen year round (even in the winter here up north i still use a sunscreen before I apply before my makeup only about a quarter size covers my whole face.) 4. Spot treat the different skin types on your face this means the dry areas are gonna get a lotion then a apply a hydrating primer to the dry areas first then a matte finish foundation all over ( the reason i say a matte is because it dose not irritate dry skin and wont melt off of your oily areas.) ( a good matte foundation I use is Maybelline dream matte mousse foundation works great even on my oiliest days ) 5. Carry around oil absorbing sheets. You can get them at your local drug store say a part of your face is getting really oily, you pull a sheet out dab it on your face and boob oil is absorbed onto the sheet, and off of your face! ( A good one i carry is Clean & Clear morning burst oil absorbing sheets.) A light powder after you apply matte is fine as you are doing. But remember this is important you need to let your skin breath so do not wear makeup to bed, if you do your skin can acclly get worse. So cleanse, tone, and add a little sunscreen before bed and you should be doing fine. wink Now when it comes to BB Creams ( also know as blemish balm creams) It is originally made by a dermatologist from Germany. In 2005 a Korean actress started using it, and it became all the rage. I have not used it yet, but im interested in it as well. This is what they say about it online ( though you probably know lol)

* Provides perfect coverage like a foundation would but since it's not as thick, it doesn't clog the pores
* Works pretty much like a tinted moisturizer
* Conceals all types of pigmentation, discoloration, acne and other blemishes
* Has healing properties that soften, smoothen and refine skin
* Encourages skin regeneration to create and maintain youthful skin
* Contains UV Protection for healthy skin
* Anti-wrinkle and skin-lightening benefits

I would try it, it never hurts to test it. I hope this post helped you have a good day. heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 pm
MissLuna88

Thank you very much!
I've been avoiding foundations for years because of the oiliness and the melting. xD
So I'm hoping that with your advice and by carrying out a good routine, I'll be able to wear foundation even if only for photos and special occasions.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

Frezeal

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:57 pm
MissLuna88
Frezeal
Alright, alright. What can I substitute for an eye primer? I heard concealer works but I am not sure.

Hello Frezeal blaugh Yes you can substitute liquid concealer for eye primer. Ive ran out of eye and lip primer when traveling and had to substitute before. But if you can get to a Sally's beauty supply store its called: Claudia Stevens lid and lip primer base I use it often its smooth and its only $ 4.50 and its last for months. But if you can't get to a beauty supply store, use a moisturaiser with spf in it( or just use sunscreen) on your lids then after rubbing that in, use your liquid concealer then eye shadow. Another trick i learned is you can dampen your brush your going to use for your shadows it will make the shadow set and look brighter on your lids. Only set back is your gonna have to let your eye shadow dry after lol. Well I hope that helps. heart

Thanks for the advice! I'll check the lid and lip primer out at Sally's. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:59 pm
Shimo Kousetsu
I've been wearing makeup for years and have never really "gotten it right" I don't think. gonk

I have oily skin; if I put on foundation and then powder within thirty minutes my face is shiny. If I reapply powder it looks really made-up and fake. I recently started using a primer, but it makes maybe an hour's difference.
Also, when I wear eyeliner/eyeshadow, within an hour it's either all over my upper lid or smeared away from oil+blinking. Any way to remedy? D:

Hello Shimo blaugh Well let me get some info about your foundation is it liquid, super matte,cream to powder,stick, gel, or matte? For oily skin types cream to powder foundations is best because it last longer. Its best to apply with a sponge though to cover evenly. Urban Decay Cosmetics surreal skin cream to powder foundation is really good. If you cannot get a cream to powder foundation then second best is a matte foundation. A good matte foundation which is a little cheaper is Maybelline dream matte mousse. You can use Clean and Clear oil absorbing sheets while you are wearing makeup, or even though the day when your not wearing makeup. They are these nifty little sheets that absorb the oils in your face without messing your makeup up. Just blot on oily spot and it will absorb.(You'll know because the sheet will become translucent, and of course your oil will be gone lol. ) Also never keep reapplying your makeup over itself, adding layers on top of layers just makes your makeup look cakey sad It's just better to take it off and do it again trust me. Now when it comes to the primer is it a liquid? I dislike personally liquid primer sad I prefer a cream to powder primer like they have at Sally's beauty supply for I think $ 4.50 it works so much better, and makes my makeup, and the model's I do makeup stay better, and look awesome. Ah the eyeshow sometimes a girls worst enemy lol. I use Elf cosmetics from Target I love them.( you can also buy it online on there site and its cheap but works amazing.) Using a power eye shadow over primer makes it stick. You can also use a finishing powder that is translucent over the eye shadow to make it stay a bit longer. Eyeliner is it pencil or liquid? I believe liquid actually stays longer on the top id. I do it in the morning, and it last all day. Pencil liner I only use for inside the waterline. Using a waterproof mascara works wonders as well. To get rid of oily skin all together remember to cleanse with a oil fighting clenser, a toner to get your ph levels of your skin in the correct ph ( which is slightly acidic) use sunscreen, and use a facial scrub for oily skin twice a week. I hope this helps any other questions please feel free to ask. heart

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 pm
[~+~]

Wow, what a great thread!
heart

And i think you will be consistantly flooded with questions. xP

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 pm
xena91388
HELP! gonk

Look at this picture:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See the green? When my face is relaxed, there are dark lines on the sides of my nose where the green lines are. Kind of like Itachi from Naruto, they are so dark they looked almost bruised!

See the red color? Those are where dark giant pits form under my eyes when I smile! gonk It's like my lower eye lids and cheeks are mountains with a valley in between!

For the lines I try to use concealer but it takes a lot to make them fade and by a lot I mean until it starts to look caked! Any tips?

For the pits, I tried various methods from concealer to light eye shadow to brighten them up and make them less noticeable but when my face is relaxed, you can see the lighter strip where the make-up is! gonk Help!

Hello Xena91388 blaugh It's ok we all have problems like these ( mines are i got really dark circles under my eyes, and scars on my nose its evil to cover up sometimes but it can be done) Your's can be covered, and concealed too dont worry! Its all about colors actually on a color wheel ever see how one color like green is on one side and red is its opposite? Its the same when doing hair or makeup if you want to cover up something you got to cancel the color out by using the opposite color. Is under your eyes have a bluish, yellowish, orangish, purpleish, or a greenish tint to it? Depending on what color it is you can look on a color wheel to find the opposite color and use it. What im saying to use an opposite color you can buy at a dug store, Walmart, Target, or beauty supply store a great thing called color correction pallet i use the Elf Cosmetics color correction pallet its only $ 4.00 I think, and covers my imperfections up .Now if your problem is really bad which I dont know what extent it is, there is some stuff you can get online or at a beauty store called Camouflage makeup, its this awesome stuff usually a cream that covers all of life's imperfections dark circles, burns, scars, bruising ,tattoos . That will cover anything up. Online you can get medical grade but you probably dont need that one. Just apply the color corrector, or the camouflage makeup in upward strokes.till its starts to disappear then use a regular foundation then finishing powder, add a little white pencil on your water line it helps as well. Dont use a regular powder light eye shadow under your eyes it never works in my opinion. I only put it in the corners of my eyes tords my nose. If you are going to put any highlighter over the finishing power only thing i suggest is a bit of light shimmer that's it, dont rub too hard either. With the color corrector, or camo makeup, or both if you prefer it should defiantly noticeably help to cover your problems. I hope this helps heart

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:34 pm
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

Wow, what a great thread!
heart

And i think you will be consistantly flooded with questions. xP

User Image

Its no problem at all. I love to help my fellow guild mates. I'm just so glad so many people posted, I didn't think any one was going to, now that they are it makes me glad lol.
Keep the questions coming! Skin care, Makeup, Hair, Nails I will try to answer, and give my best advice I can to them all. heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:40 pm
What's the best over-the-counter acne medication?
My pimples aren't too bad, but the Clean&Clear I have now doesn't do anything. They don't get bigger, but they don't shrink either.

Thanks! <3

Life Hath Immortality

Sakura Anata

Beloved Elder

6,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:50 pm
Life Hath Immortality
My pimples aren't too bad, but the Clean&Clear I have now doesn't do anything. They don't get bigger, but they don't shrink either.

Thanks! <3

Hello Life Hath Immortality blaugh Well when thinking of getting an acne medication you want to look for all of these five ingredients in it if you can :
1-Benzoyl Peroxide- It kills bacteria
2- Salicylic Acid- It unclogs pores
3-Sulfur- It dries sebum
4-Glycolic Acid- It renews skin
5- Azelaic Acid- It evens the PH of your skin ( your skin should be slightly acidic on the PH scale)

( Green tea and or aloe vera in the acne medication also a plus)

Here are some acne medications that a lot of people say work:

* Olay- 7 in 1 anti aging salicylic acid acne cleanse
*L’Oreal’s - acne response
*Neutrogena- on the spot
*Clearasil- adult care

Using a cleanser and toner in the morning, and before bed will help some. I hope this helps you heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:31 pm
MissLuna88
Life Hath Immortality

Thanks! <3

Hello Life Hath Immortality blaugh Well when thinking of getting an acne medication you want to look for all of these five ingredients in it if you can :
1-Benzoyl Peroxide- It kills bacteria
2- Salicylic Acid- It unclogs pores
3-Sulfur- It dries sebum
4-Glycolic Acid- It renews skin
5- Azelaic Acid- It evens the PH of your skin ( your skin should be slightly acidic on the PH scale)

( Green tea and or aloe vera in the acne medication also a plus)

Here are some acne medications that a lot of people say work:

* Olay- 7 in 1 anti aging salicylic acid acne cleanse
*L’Oreal’s - acne response
*Neutrogena- on the spot
*Clearasil- adult care

Using a cleanser and toner in the morning, and before bed will help some. I hope this helps you heart

Thanks! That was really helpful!  

Life Hath Immortality

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:50 pm
I really only have one main question. I have dry, sensitive skin. When I wear any type of foundation or powder it dries my skin out and sometimes dries it out to the point of causing a rash (eczema, I think, not sure about the name). Do you know of any that I could use that wouldn't irritate my skin as well as any type of moisturizer that will work but not be too harsh on sensitive skin? Lastly, what can I do for dark circles under my eyes. They are really dark at some points because I have low iron and if it starts to get too low under my eyes turns almost purple colored.  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff