Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So I Told My Friend... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:34 pm
good luck telling your family. mine's in total denial -_-
and what's asexual? i'm pretty sure i know if the same thing as in biology.....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:17 pm
I personally don't see why you'd have to "come out" as pansexual, especially since they can fall for the opposite gender (which is "normal"), and rarely will you ever meet anyone who's trans to be able to fall for them, etc.

I mean, I guess it makes sense that you want to inform friends, but being pansexual is usually a lot more excepting than being gay. Mainly because it's not strictly "I like the same gender!", and most people end up having to be given the definition anyway. Then when you tell them, they'd just kind of smile and nod.. xD; It sounds more like being really opened minded, rather than it being defined as a sexual preference.  

Jaehyo

Tipsy Gaian

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:37 pm
BSPBleach

Too bad. D= I hope they accept you soon.
Copied from Wikipedia because when I define it I sound stupid. sweatdrop
"Asexuality (sometimes referred to as nonsexuality), in its broadest sense, is the lack of sexual attraction and, in some cases, the lack of interest in sex. Sometimes, it is considered a lack of a sexual orientation. One commonly cited study placed the prevalence of asexuality at 1%.

Asexuality is distinct from abstention from sexual activity and from celibacy, which are behavioral and generally motivated by an individual's religious (or other) beliefs; sexual orientation, unlike sexual behavior, is believed to be "enduring". Some asexuals do engage in sexual activity despite lacking a desire for sex or sexual attraction, due to a variety of reasons, such as a desire to please romantic partners."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:42 pm
Sommelier Dent
I personally don't see why you'd have to "come out" as pansexual, especially since they can fall for the opposite gender (which is "normal"), and rarely will you ever meet anyone who's trans to be able to fall for them, etc.

I mean, I guess it makes sense that you want to inform friends, but being pansexual is usually a lot more excepting than being gay. Mainly because it's not strictly "I like the same gender!", and most people end up having to be given the definition anyway. Then when you tell them, they'd just kind of smile and nod.. xD; It sounds more like being really opened minded, rather than it being defined as a sexual preference.

I'd rather "come out" now rather than go into a possibly awkward explanation later.

My friend was majorly confused when I explained it to her. It took awhile to make sure she understood it. It does sound like being open minded rather than a preference but I guess overtime it became it's own preference. But still it is definitely different from bi.  

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 pm
holywarriorprincess11
BSPBleach

"Asexuality (sometimes referred to as nonsexuality), in its broadest sense, is the lack of sexual attraction and, in some cases, the lack of interest in sex. Sometimes, it is considered a lack of a sexual orientation. One commonly cited study placed the prevalence of asexuality at 1%.

Asexuality is distinct from abstention from sexual activity and from celibacy, which are behavioral and generally motivated by an individual's religious (or other) beliefs; sexual orientation, unlike sexual behavior, is believed to be "enduring". Some asexuals do engage in sexual activity despite lacking a desire for sex or sexual attraction, due to a variety of reasons, such as a desire to please romantic partners."
ooooo thanks.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:27 pm
BSPBleach
holywarriorprincess11
BSPBleach

ooooo thanks.

No problem.
I feel stupid when I quote Wikipedia. It makes it sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about when I do. I just suck at paraphrasing stuff.  

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 pm
holywarriorprincess11
BSPBleach
holywarriorprincess11
BSPBleach

ooooo thanks.

No problem.
I feel stupid when I quote Wikipedia. It makes it sound like I have no idea what I'm talking about when I do. I just suck at paraphrasing stuff.
lol no problem with that  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:09 pm
BSPBleach
holywarriorprincess11
BSPBleach
holywarriorprincess11
BSPBleach

ooooo thanks.

No problem.
lol no problem with that
Thanks. But I hope your family accepts you soon.  

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 am
holywarriorprincess11
oh they won't. i found out dad's in denial. but mum isn't. she hates the fact i don't like girls(she even forbid it to my face) so is pretending she doesn't know. hmph. oh well. she'll just have to deal with it. one of these days i'm going to just magically appear with a girlfriend while we're out in public and she can't deny it twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 am
holywarriorprincess11
That I was pansexual. I told her not to tell anyone. She said okay.
So that leaves three of my friends. One of them is terrible at keeping secrets.
And that also leaves my family. sweatdrop
Reason I don't wanna tell anyone is because then I'll have to explain it and when I said I might be asexual (this was a month ago) and after I explained it he didn't look happy.
Oh well. It'll happen eventually right?
Hey i know how you feel, i came out to my mother about being transgender Male to Female and it was so difficult that i cried and then i cried more when she told me that she would love me no matter want and would even take me to see other people going through the same thing so i can get a better grasp on it so i dont get stressed and mess up my life because of it, im just having a hard time thinking of a way to tell my father.  

Kalona Ayeliski

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:23 pm
Irie_Naoki_19
holywarriorprincess11
Reason I don't wanna tell anyone is because then I'll have to explain it and when I said I might be asexual (this was a month ago) and after I explained it he didn't look happy.
Hey i know how you feel, i came out to my mother about being transgender Male to Female and it was so difficult that i cried and then i cried more when she told me that she would love me no matter want and would even take me to see other people going through the same thing so i can get a better grasp on it so i dont get stressed and mess up my life because of it, im just having a hard time thinking of a way to tell my father.
It's good you told someone. I just told two other friends yesterday and they were okay with it. One was shocked at first but she quickly got over it. I have one friend to tell left. Another girl I know was getting nosy and tried to get one of my friends to tell her. After the one other friend I have my family, which out of all of it will be the hardest.
I hope you get to tell your father soon. And I hope he accepts you too. =)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 pm
BSPBleach
holywarriorprincess11
oh they won't. i found out dad's in denial. but mum isn't. she hates the fact i don't like girls(she even forbid it to my face) so is pretending she doesn't know. hmph. oh well. she'll just have to deal with it. one of these days i'm going to just magically appear with a girlfriend while we're out in public and she can't deny it twisted
Do it! twisted If they can't accept you just ignore their denial. If that happens to me I don't know what I'll do. I can't move out til I'm 18 and with my grades I won't get a decent job. Dx  

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:33 pm
holywarriorprincess11
BSPBleach
holywarriorprincess11
Do it! twisted If they can't accept you just ignore their denial. If that happens to me I don't know what I'll do. I can't move out til I'm 18 and with my grades I won't get a decent job. Dx
same. why i'm saving up now. hoping to put savings into first month or two of rent. oh yeah and two things of ramen a day for two months. so i can at least leave. and my brothers awesome and says he'll bunk with me if we have to to afford to move out xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 pm
holywarriorprincess11
Irie_Naoki_19
holywarriorprincess11
It's good you told someone. I just told two other friends yesterday and they were okay with it. One was shocked at first but she quickly got over it. I have one friend to tell left. Another girl I know was getting nosy and tried to get one of my friends to tell her. After the one other friend I have my family, which out of all of it will be the hardest.
I hope you get to tell your father soon. And I hope he accepts you too. =)
awe thank you so much.  

Kalona Ayeliski

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:31 pm
BSPBleach
holywarriorprincess11
BSPBleach
holywarriorprincess11
same. why i'm saving up now. hoping to put savings into first month or two of rent. oh yeah and two things of ramen a day for two months. so i can at least leave. and my brothers awesome and says he'll bunk with me if we have to to afford to move out xd
You have an awesome brother there. My brother has been nice lately and has stop calling me dork and by a nickname I go by from everyone I know. Thing is if he doesn't help me I'm screwed unless a friend wants to help.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff