Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Fashion is Ridiculous. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:49 pm
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66
Soul Love-chama
Shanna66
khols sucks for sizes. in other stores im a medium but un khols im usually a large, sometings even an xl. very rarely do i fit into a medium there. plus not many of their clothes are made for people with a thin-ish waist and huge hips. deb is much better imo. they have all sorts of sizes.

also if your a 14 maybe try torrid? its a plus size store but i still manage to fit into a size 0 there. they are expensive but their clothes are amazing and way better quality than most of the stuff yousee at other stores

I've never heard of that store surprised I'll have to look into that tomorrow. I bought a dress at JC Penny's the other day, but I don't like it. :/ My mom found it in the women's section thinking I would like it... I should really plan things better and not procrastinate orz

lol you and me both XD ive been married for a month and still havent updated my license with my new name and address

XDDD But waiting at the DMV is a nightmare so you have an alibi xD
I bet ten bucks that's what's gonna happen when I get married >v>;;

its horrible unless you go in as soon as it opens, but my morning routine is already set in stone. play with dog until she is tired, play dragon age for a couple hours, play with dog until she is tired, then shower. by then its already lunch time lol.

Dragon Age is AMAZING. Though I got stuck when I went into this temple thing to get Andraste's ashes and gave up for a while before flipping a coin and deciding to destroy the spirit dude since I'm afraid of the dragon outside QuQ;;
Anyway. I once stood there four in a half hours before we finally got inside. ANOTHER hour passed before we actually got our number(s) called. Freaking ridiculous @_@ I was there when the line was pretty damn short in the morning, too! > <

im playing the second one now, still on my first playthrough. ive beaten the first so many times and tried out nearly every option for evrything

dmv is hell, no question about it  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:55 pm
Yeah, I can never find clothes that fit me, especially dresses. My homecoming is tomorrow, and I only got my dress Monday night. I was at Macy's and JC Penny for like three or four hours and there was only one dress (from both stores combined) that I sort-of liked and found a size to fit me, so I went ahead and bought it.
I'm like a size 12 or 14 (depends on the style). Not that big, right? Well, apparently clothing makers think so; almost everything was size 8 and under. Also, I have rather small breasts for a girl my weight, so even if it fits the rest of me, it's usually way too big up top.  

The Ever-Changing Me

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:25 pm
I am somewhere between a 12 and 14, and I often have a hell of a time finding clothes that fit (and look nice) for three main reasons:
-I'm much smaller on the top than I am on the bottom
-Even though I have small boobs and very narrow shoulders, I have a really big rib-cage.
-I'm usually the biggest size that "normal" stores carry, and a lot of retailers seem to think that something that is flattering for a size 2 will work for a size 12, so long as you scale up the measurements. This is often false. sweatdrop

Oh, and I'm almost always *just* small enough not to be able to shop at plus-size stores. Pants, sometimes, but shirts and dresses? Never.

It's like being in this wonderful clothing-size limbo.

Anyway, as far as plus-sizes go, Torrid has some nice stuff, but their sizing is really inconsistent and (dare I say it) overpriced, considering the quality. Great Glam has some nice things, too, but a lot of their items aren't really for teens. I just bought an adorable Living Dead Souls dress from Sirens & Starlets, and plan on ordering a jacket from Sinderella's Shrine. Pinup Girl Clothing has some wonderful plus-size stuff, but it ain't cheap. (Worth every penny, though!)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:38 am
I'm really short like...5'1 short. Everything is too long even if its XS and in the petite section.  

iMarimba

Soul Love-chama

Fashionable Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:30 pm
iSuper Moon
My homecoming is in 2 weeks! I bought this one! And I got these shoes! My mom is like "Don't you wanna look at other dresses?" and I'm like "No, I already looked online for like 4 hours!"

I always consult the internet when it comes to buying dresses.

OMG that dress is soooooo pretty! I wish JC Penny's had nice dresses like that xD AND IT'S PURPLE LSAJFLKDSJFKS
I could never wear those shoes though. They would kill my ankles xDD I hope your homecoming is AWESOME!

The internet sounds like a fantabulous idea. XD We were gonna buy a dress from the Khol's site on Tuesday, but like I said earlier I've got a bad habit of procrastinating with everything orz;;;;

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:16 pm
Soul Love-chama
iSuper Moon
My homecoming is in 2 weeks! I bought this one! And I got these shoes! My mom is like "Don't you wanna look at other dresses?" and I'm like "No, I already looked online for like 4 hours!"

I always consult the internet when it comes to buying dresses.

OMG that dress is soooooo pretty! I wish JC Penny's had nice dresses like that xD AND IT'S PURPLE LSAJFLKDSJFKS
I could never wear those shoes though. They would kill my ankles xDD I hope your homecoming is AWESOME!

The internet sounds like a fantabulous idea. XD We were gonna buy a dress from the Khol's site on Tuesday, but like I said earlier I've got a bad habit of procrastinating with everything orz;;;;

I got a necklace from Claire's that has a blue gem and I have purple earrings. I'm gonna do my eyeshadow like this ---> . Yeah. It's gonna gradiate. And I'm painting my toenails blue and my fingernails purple.

I like to match.  

Invincible Youth

Fashionable Senshi

14,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Meeatu

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:19 am
-Sniggers-
Wow, the title of this thread is much more sensible than it's contents.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:47 pm
*shrugs* Besides a few new clothes on occasion I usually wear t-shirts and jeans that I've had for years.  

Silver Sage-General

8,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Brisbys_Stone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:17 pm
Yeah, me and fashion... hmm.. sweatdrop i tend to wear all the wrongs things. I also have broad shoulders, big arms... (my mom says i take from my father who looked like a buff football player) but then im also curvey... ugh. just thinking about it, fashion gets me depressed. stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:12 pm
I find stuff that fits but my tummy seems to show throguh most shirts... gotta do something about that...  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

xARTPOPx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:52 am
Problem is being too skinny like me is big problem too at times, i seem to not gain any weight, not to mention i don't eat healthy at all! i'm trying though. i tried working out for a period, so that my mucekls could maybe get bigger, but i gave up, my spaghetti arms wont change, but yeah i hate shopping cause i never find anything that fits + i have to actually like the clothes stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:35 pm
I find it funny how you say fashion is ridiculous but all you're doing is ranting about clothes that can't fit you.

Regardless, I'm big so I usually go to plus size stores anyway. Not like I'm fussy about what clothes I wear.  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Yuki_no_Joo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:55 pm
I was invited to my friends homecoming this weekend, sadly the stupid snow canceled it. We got matching dresses cause we felt like being dorks. Her's was a size 2 and mine was a size 11. (im originally an 7, the reason i had to get an 11 was my boobs couldn't fit in it and the rest of the dress was all loose and annoying crying )  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff