Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Omnomnom! ( Food discussion & Recipes) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I...
  Love to cook!
  Like to cook.
  Am indifferent.
  Don't usually get a chance to prepare food.
  Like cooking, but am a terrible chef!
  Don't like cooking, and am terrible at it.
  Burn everything. EVERYTHING. Even water.
  Am a picky eater.
  Will try anything once.
  Will eat just about anything.
View Results

Favourit3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:31 pm
I'm Asian and I love Asian cooking!
Ask me anything!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 pm
I am really good at cooking. I love to cook things that are oriental in cooking style and then I like to combine the spiciness of Mexican and Italian foods surprisingly it is really good O.O My dad's GF says I make really good wild rice and bacon apparently ... :/ Weird since I don't pay any attention when I cook.  

gothicchibee

Shameless Flatterer

Favourit3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:48 pm
gothicchibee
I am really good at cooking. I love to cook things that are oriental in cooking style and then I like to combine the spiciness of Mexican and Italian foods surprisingly it is really good O.O My dad's GF says I make really good wild rice and bacon apparently ... :/ Weird since I don't pay any attention when I cook.

Rice and Bacon sound really good. May I have the recipe?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:53 pm
LittleBoyLittleToy
gothicchibee

Ingredients

Rice of some kind.
Spices to your own tastes
Bacon.

Recipe :/ Hmmm Well I really just cook some plain wild or White rice. The way you are suppose to. And then I cook bacon on the side. and when that is all done. I take a few chives and chop them up tiny and roll them between my fore finger and thumb like clay and then sprinkle it in the rice. Chop up the Bacon and well that is really it. :/ I don't really care much for stuff like oils and butter and what not. I sometimes add some peppers for spicy flavors but not often. salt can also add more flavor. I guess spice it up to your personal tastes. I also once combined an shrimp flavoring(my sis eats her ramen unflavored ) from top ramen and white rice and it was pretty good. I am a rice fan what can I say ? Also don't put butter or oil to cook bacon. my friend tried it and it was icky :/  

gothicchibee

Shameless Flatterer

Favourit3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:07 pm
gothicchibee
LittleBoyLittleToy
gothicchibee

Ingredients

Rice of some kind.
Bacon.

Recipe :/ Hmmm Well I really just cook some plain wild or White rice. The way you are suppose to. And then I cook bacon on the side. and when that is all done. I take a few chives and chop them up tiny and roll them between my fore finger and thumb like clay and then sprinkle it in the rice. Chop up the Bacon and well that is really it. :/ I don't really care much for stuff like oils and butter and what not. I sometimes add some peppers for spicy flavors but not often. salt can also add more flavor. I guess spice it up to your personal tastes. I also once combined an shrimp flavoring(my sis eats her ramen unflavored ) from top ramen and white rice and it was pretty good. I am a rice fan what can I say ? Also don't put butter or oil to cook bacon. my friend tried it and it was icky :/

Thanks!! I'll try it when I get home smile
You could try the shrimp flavoring with egg fried rice. I think it should be tasty too!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 pm
LittleBoyLittleToy
gothicchibee
LittleBoyLittleToy

Ingredients

Rice of some kind.
Bacon.

Thanks!! I'll try it when I get home smile
You could try the shrimp flavoring with egg fried rice. I think it should be tasty too!

I Will just need to know how to make egg fried rice now Hmmmm :-/  

gothicchibee

Shameless Flatterer

Favourit3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 pm
Simple egg fried rice

Refrigerated day old rice
Minced garlic
Oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
Eggs

Cook extra rice and save in the fridge a day before you plan to make this dish. This ensures the grains are not stuck together and there isn't any extra moisture that will make the dish soggy -- which is why leftover rice is great!

Heat oil in wok and fry garlic til fragrant. Do not fry it for too long as it will turn the garlic bitter. Mix day old rice into oil and garlic and stirfry til the grains are separated. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add salt and pepper. Pour eggs onto the rice and toss till each grain is coated with egg. There should not be eggy bits left in the wok and all the eggs should be incorporated into the rice. Fry til rice is hot and fragrant. Serve immediately!

You could of course add meats or crab sticks or sprouts if you like. Which is why this is such a great dish for clearing leftovers in the fridge!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:41 am
Rosie's Down Home Southern Mashed Taters

-3 to 4 Golden Yukon Potatoes per person
- Cream Cheese
- Minced garlic
-Onion powder
- Milk (2% is best)
-Salt
- Butter
-Hand or Stand mixer

Cube potatoes, boil until soft. You may remove skins before cubing but I prefer skins in my mashed potatoes. Strain then place in bowl able to withstand a hand mixer. Add about half of a standard block of cream cheese, a splash or two of milk. Go light on the milk you can always add more if they turn out too thick but you can never subtract. Add minced garlic to preference (I like a two heaping tablespoons). Half a stick of butter. Add salt and onion powder to taste. Blend until super creamy with a hand (or stand) mixer.

This is not lowfat and please do not substitute low fat anything. These are meant to be unhealthy! ^_^  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:38 am
I made some medieval applecakes the other day. They're pretty much just buns with diced apples, nuts, honey, and spices inside. I would post the recipe, but it's made from scratch and would just take way too long to type out. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:11 am
Blackrose_Knight

That sounds delicious. emotion_drool Not something to eat often, but holy comfort food.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 am
I can cook pretty well.
Made some veggie noodles the night my girlfriend visited me for A-Kon.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:29 pm
my cooking's alright. i can makes eggs, pasta, and basic stuff like mac'n cheese. my dad's a really good cook, though. he can whip up a lot of stuff, and one time we made a bunch of sushi for dinner while we were at his house.

it was delicious.

i'd love to get better at cooking (because food), but i kinda suck. ^^; apparently i'm good and making soup (read: chucking things in chicken broth and hoping it tastes good)? idk.

but um i found a bunch of recipies here. and i want to make a lot of them.

especially this and this.

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

gothicchibee

Shameless Flatterer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:33 pm
Reading all these make me Hungary emotion_drool Gah must get ingredients! emotion_dowant  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:58 pm
It's funny I'm Asian and I love to make sushi and any kind of sweets tehe  

rhythmic_Nightmare

Romantic Lunatic

3,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:55 pm
CheizLord
The Ouroboros Alchemist
CheizLord
Well I tend to burn even toast...but I've made pasta with meatless meatballs (vegetarian) without failing at it, and honestly that's my biggest accomplishment.
eating wise I love anything with cheese or potatoes. my friend's mom made the best potato soup ever and I got addicted to it. that and mashed potatoes. Love them both. well before I go on about potatoes....

I heart potatoes too!!!! blaugh The only thing I don't like that's potato-related is potato salad... >.> It's so gross...

ah, I enjoy all kinds of potatoes, ironically one day I realized I'm mostly Irish.. potato famine and all.

Have you ever tried one of the weird Andean potatoes? They look so strange, I wish to try them. Some of them mare kinda blue! :0

I'm good at cooking, and I love to try new foods. I also experiment too much. sweatdrop

I make some pretty badass cookies. :3  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces