Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
Ever fallen/liked someone long distance? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you?
  Yes
  No
View Results

spirals spins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:02 pm
This happens to me kinda often.
Yeah.
And it really. sucks.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 pm
I moved across the world for a guy. We were together for a year...and it was amazing. Then like 3 months ago he destroyed me for absolutely no reason - which he admitted. Just said he 'got bored' of being in a relationship. Then stuffed me around saying we can be friends, he regretted leaving me, he wanted me back, he never wanted to talk to me again...etc etc etc.

Anyways, long story short, now I'm stuck here on a scholarship with constant reminders of the guy that broke my heart. /sigh.  

Biblical Unicorn

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 pm
Biblical Unicorn
I moved across the world for a guy. We were together for a year...and it was amazing. Then like 3 months ago he destroyed me for absolutely no reason - which he admitted. Just said he 'got bored' of being in a relationship. Then stuffed me around saying we can be friends, he regretted leaving me, he wanted me back, he never wanted to talk to me again...etc etc etc.

Anyways, long story short, now I'm stuck here on a scholarship with constant reminders of the guy that broke my heart. /sigh.

wait you moved as in stationary and now your stuck there? O.o that's horrible. Sorry about that. I always try to take something out of experiences like that, get stronger from old bonds. Its not at all easy and it takes time but its a good way to look at things.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:19 am
I've been in multiple long distance relationships, the longest one has lasted is about 7 months, but normally 6 months is the longest they will go.
With how things have been lately, I rather not get into another long distance relationship - you miss out on too much, it's easy for other stuff to happen (such as finding someone local, cheating can happen without you know quite easily), and there's a connection you tend to miss just cause you're not physically there with them.

I'm tempted by a girl to have a long distance relationship - but first going to see how the next couple visits go. I'd only be willing to do it if either of us had a job and could make the trips out to see each other more frequently than without a job.  

FauxZombie

Kara_99

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:01 am
I'm in long-distance relationship right now. He's 1500 miles away from me and we're both kind of stuck where we are due to obligations we each have, but what we do have seems to be working for us just fine. If something changes, well, we'll deal with it for better or worse I guess. After what my ex put me through, I'm just glad to know my heart still works.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:39 pm
I've been in multiple distance relationships over the years. I've never had one work out, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying again.  

Alchemic_Melody

II Torkira II

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 pm
Only once... She's gone now...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:59 pm
I hate knowing I want someone so much, but I can't see them.
I'm not opposed to them, I just get attached easily. :l  

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Pink Slowpoke

Liberal Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:27 am
I'm in a long distance relationship (first one too) at the moment, and we're almost 6 months in.

It's tough, I won't lie, but if you feel a certain way for someone it doesn't matter. And don't let anyone tell you it can't be done because not going for someone you like (or might Love) is tragic.

Another couple I know live on opposite sides of the Atlantic. They get to see each other only 3 months in a year but they have been going out for years.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm
My boyfriend lives in California and I live in Utah =.=
We've been together for almost a year now this coming March. Its been a difficult year, but we've managed. Sad thing is we haven't met yet >.< I was never a fan of long distance relationships, never believed they could work. I mean we both have had several relationships, never a long distance one. But I can honestly say, I've never felt such a strong bond with anyone else before. We text and call each other daily, and Tinychat whenever we get a chance. If all goes well, we'll be spending a week together at Anime Expo in Los Angeles this coming June.  

CheshireRawr

Jyeahzmen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 pm
yep not to long ago, and she just stopped talking to me alittle less then 2 weeks ago :/ sad never been dropped like this before  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm
I REFUSE to get myself involved in any sort of long term romantic relationship. u_u It's not respectful to me and my standards. Can't work a relationship without physical contact. Just not possible for me. Lots of kissing and cuddling. =3=  

wittysippycup

AzrielDemourn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 am
Even with all the new technologies it is extremely hard to do. Despite my experience with it I have to believe it is possible. I personally can handle it, but you have to have a mate that can handle it as well otherwise it just ends in disaster. I've done it a few times and been cheated on every time. But I still think its possible with the right pair.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:14 am
Yes. My longest relationship was online, which lasted a year.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items