More bad news. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 pm
Out of what you have listed there, I would do the Holistic Blend liquid. Looks like it has the best amount of glucosamine per dose, and it does have MSM. I wouldn't do the kelp. Kelp can depress thyroid function over time, so you don't want to give it daily, and he needs glucosamine daily if you're supplementing with it. Riddle is on Connectin tablets. Our vet said that's as good as anything he has, and I love that it has the added herbs for pain, inflammation, etc. Plus turmeric is a tumor fighter.

I would like to do underwater treadmill with Riddle, but to be perfectly honest we can't afford it right now. sad Thankfully she won't really do zoomies around the house, its cold so she just wants to cuddle under blankets. She has a hard time when we go out though, she's used to being off leash and it bugs her to be restricted.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:20 am
I was already leaning towards holistic blend because from what I've read liquids get absorbed more than any other form of nutrition. I hadn't seen MSM or maybe I just don't remember correctly but that's a plus. And yucca is anti-inflammatory. I'm not familiar with Anise. But yup, definitely leaning towards HB.

As for the H2O treadmill, I still have to find out how much it will cost. I guess I was sort of assuming it wouldn't be too much more than the laser but now that I think about it, I'm taking up more of their time, she has to change into a wet suit, they fill up a whole tub or two worth of warm water. I just don't know what else to do for exercise. I'll ask my boss when she's back from vacation how much longer till we get ours. The way I figure it, I won't pay off my debt till December 29th, and that doesn't include money spent on xmas gifts, so probably Till late January. And that's if my car doesn't need too much done to it. sweatdrop But at least, I'm on the right track, I mean, I am currently making more than I'm spending (except for the vet bill which is almost a month's pay) so although it may not be wise, I think putting it on my visa for now wouldn't be too horrible.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:50 pm
saw the physio therapist today and she's laid out his exercise routine and showed me how to do them. So here's what we'll be doing for...probably the rest of his life.
1. Push ups a.k.a sit-down-sit (slow controlled movements, which is tough because he anticipates after just a few times and drops right down)
2. Play Bow
3.Crawling
4.wheelbarrow
5.digging (cookied placed under a towel and he "digs" the towel)
6. Annoyance placed on his face for him to try to rub off with his front limb.
7.Weight Shifting (I take two opposing limbs so he's balancing on one front limb and the opposite back limb) and do sporatic movements so he's forced to balance himself.
8. Cavaletti's (this is basically the method we use in agility to make dog's aware of their back legs. He's not suppose to jump but slowly lift and extend all legs as he passes over the bars.
9. Physioball supported wheelbarrow
10. Passive range of motion (a.k.a stretching)
and finally Forelimb lifts which I find a bit confusing but it's kind of just pinching his toes so he reacts by flexing his arm.

The only thing we do every day is the stretching. Then two days on, one day off I'm to pick three of the other mentioned exercises to do as well.

She didn't suggest any specific kind of glucosamine. She did say that glucosamine in cats can actually help with cystitis. I asked about molecular distillation vs. other methods for fish oil but she hadn't heard of this. I was looking into it. I did find one source claiming that the vaccum actually denatures the omega 3's. They also say to look at the listed amounts of DHA, EPA and other O3's and add it up to the total amount of fish oil it should be the same. Because what's left would be filler.

www.squidoo.com/fish_oil

I did find Nordic Naturals today, but there was no pet products. There was flavored and unflavored cod liver oil for people but these contain vitamin A & D. So do their soft gels for people I believe. So I'm not sure that'd be safe. I'll see what my boss has to say about ordering it. Because suppliments are not a big seller in our store.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff