Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Fiction & Literature Section Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:57 pm
User Image
lorelai brookwater
second year gryffindor
gryffindor~single~driftwood and peacock~
☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾☽☾

Lore laughed and placed the book back on the shelf. "I'll find it again."
She suddenly felt chilly. "It's cold," she said. She wished she knew some type of warming spell that didn't involve fire.

User Image
~*~ out of character~ ~*~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:13 pm
User Image

Richard Drage
Second Year - Ravenclaw
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick looked over at Lore. He didn't feel cold, but then realized he was wearing a jacket. He blinked for a moment, then decided to remove it and hand it over to the girl. "Here, I'm not really all that cold. You look like it, though." He wondered if his face matched his hair as he found himself blushing. Okay, maybe he was warmer than he thought.

----------------------------------
State: Slightly Shy
OOC: ...

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:20 pm
User Image
lorelai brookwater
second year gryffindor

Lore's face went a little pink.
"Thanks," she said quietly and took the jacket, putting her arms through the sleeves.
That's much better, she thought to herself. She looked at him.
"Are you okay?"

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:28 pm
User Image

Richard Drage
Second Year - Ravenclaw
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick could almost feel his face burning right now. Was he... embarassed? That had to be a first. "Oh, no, I'm fine. Maybe I'm a bit warmer than I thought, is all." Hopefully she wouldn't assume otherwise. He didn't know if he would survive the sudden rush of blood to his face.

State: Very Shy

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 pm
User Image
lorelai brookwater
second year gryffindor

Lore smiled. "Oh, okay." She smiled. She didn't think he was telling the whole truth.
"Well, I better head to the dormitories. I'll see you soon?" There was a strange feeling in her chest after he had answered her question. Disappointment?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:50 pm
User Image

Richard Drage
Second Year - Ravenclaw
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick nodded, feeling a bit disappointed as well, but unsure as to why. Msaybe it had something to do with the fact Lore talked to him when no one else really noticed him. "Okay, I guess I'll see you around. Um, just keep the jacket. I have a spare one in my dorm."

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:00 pm
User Image
lorelai brookwater
second year gryffindor

"Okay, thanks!" She blushed. She had one jacket, and it was probably close to breaking anyway. She quickly hugged Rick and hurried out of the library, and out into the Stairway.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:08 pm
User Image

Richard Drage
Second Year - Ravenclaw
—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Rick felt something jump in his chest at the hug, and he was sure his face was as red as his hair now. He watched as Lore rushed out, and then looked down at the book in his hand. Shrugging, he carried it over to the checkout desk, confident that he was going to check it out. He didn't care how that made him look, and besides, he loved reading and this was something he hadn't read before.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:10 pm
She’s the sunflower of nature’s seeds
A girls that some men only find in their dreams
When she smiles it seems the stars all know
Cause one by one they start to light up the sky

User ImageUser Image
User ImagePureblood User ImageSingle

@>>Nell came into the library from History feeling a bit nostalgic for readings from her childhood. She remembers her Mum reading Haitian bedtime stories to her and her sisters and wondered if the Hogwarts library had any of its own. However as she perused the shelves she was disappointed to find that no, they did not but she did find an awfully large book by this one guy named Shakespeare. Looking through the table of contents she found a story called Macbeth that was supposedly about witches and became intrigued. Nell took the large book and sat down at a table near the window and became engrossed in the world of backstabbing and cheating wives.<<@

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Wearing: Uniform| Where: Fiction section of the Library| With: No one| Feeling: Curious| Thinking: Oh my...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 pm
User Image

User Image
۩ Augusta Jenkins ۩
Hogwarts Assistant Librarian

Augusta sighed and put another book back on the shelves. She'd spent almost all day now shelving books the kids had left abandoned throughout the library. She didn't particularly mind the work, but she wished the students would show more respect to the tomes, especially the older ones. Oh, the books, not the children.

Finally, finally, she put the last novel back in its proper place and stepped back from the bookshelf. She smiled at it, as if it could appreciate her hard work and return the look, and wiped at her forehead with the back of her hand. Very few understood the undertaking it was to re-shelve every last book in the Hogwarts library.

Satisfied with her work, she returned to the check-out desk.

MidnightGhostWriter

Friendly Autobiographer

4,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:01 pm
User Image

Item: Crumpled Parchment
Part of Erianthe's Scavenger Hunt
This item is a portkey. The image is linked to another location. You may not post there until the portkey is posted at the location.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya was literally bouncing with excitement as she and Echo went prowling around the school looking for clue for this mysterious scavenger hunt. And for once she really mean the "and Echo" part! It wasn't her just pulling him along for the ride like dentist pulling cavities from a six year old but he was actually participating and stuff. If she weren't so caught up in actually finding whatever it was they were supposed to be looking for she would have given him the "Its The Proudest Day In Any Delinquent's Life When They Corrupt Someone Else" speech, but it was on the back burner most definitely. They had searched each of their own common rooms (stealthily of course), the Great Hall, and even a few nooks and cram spaces in the halls and came up with zilch, nada, nothing. Surprisingly it was her idea to look in the Library considering the fact that it was a Ravenclaw student's ghost actually making the hunt, who's to say they didn't put something in a place they frequented when they were alive. Not that she knew that, she really didn't know anything about the ghost except what house she belonged to when she was alive and that she was a twin, she had heard a rumor that the twin was the one who killed her but she didn't believe it. Twins were the closest bonds out there, there's no way one could have hated the other enough to kill them. Tanya shook her head against such depressing thoughts, today was about the hunt! She circled study area where she frequently used to sit with Xavier and was tempted to go into the restricted section if only to give the excuse when she was caught that she had purely been in there for the scavenger hunt and totally not to see if there was a way to make a student's face literally look like a butt. Completely immature. She stumbled into the deplorable fiction section when she spotted a rumpled piece of parchment on the floor. Ordinarily she wouldn't look twice at such a thing, but now the hunt was afoot! She went and pulled Echo towards it while simultaneously tugging on his hand. "Echo! Do your revealing spell I know you know!"

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

UniformWhere: Library~Fiction and Literature SectionWith: EchoThinking: This could be it!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:53 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Quiet at the Library with Tanya
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ This might actually be sort of fun. ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Don't worry your head off; ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          There's always a fate worse than death ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Pray you go quietly, quick and not violently ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho followed behind Tanya with what he hoped was a mostly-annoyed expression on his face. He had to admit, this whole scavenger hunt thing sounded sort of fun... but he couldn't actually admit that, now could he? Even if, really, this was the best mood he'd been in since... well, since Kas had broken up with him, actually. This was... honestly interesting. Exciting. It was the sort of thing he absolutely never did... but, maybe that was a good thing? He hadn't exactly been the most fun person to be around the past few months, after all... he was actively avoiding sulking as much as possible, but still, his smiles weren't always all there. He knew they could tell, they were his friends, they'd have to be blind not to notice. They'd all stayed quiet on the matter, at least, but he hated that he was bringing them all down by being down himself. This was exactly why he'd locked himself up in his theater and watched movies alone for most of the Summer. But... maybe he was getting out of the funk, finally? When Tanya had asked him to help her go hunting for whatever this scavenger hunt thing was about, he'd acted like it aggravated him that she was dragging him into something so ridiculous, but... well, he wouldn't be Echo if he wasn't rolling his eyes at Tanya for trying to get him into trouble, after all. He was pretty sure, judging from how very excited she seemed, that she knew it was an act. He frowned at the sudden thought that, actually, he was acting a bit like his sister right now. Wasn't that basically her entire relationship with Jer? Pretending she felt one way even though they both knew she felt something completely different? That was... annoying. He brushed the thought away when Tanya asked him a question, brow crinkling in confusion. "Revealing spell? What on Earth are you talking about?" he asked, more than a little annoyed that apparently she thought he knew something he didn't know. He was supposed to be the smart one, after all! If there was such a thing... shouldn't he know it? He racked his brain, trying to figure out what exactly she was talking about. All he could think of was a spell he'd read about that revealed a curse on an object, but then, he didn't know much about the spell, he wasn't in Cursebreaking, after all. She knew that, didn't she?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ No need to worry; we all meet our end someday
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Pray you go silently into the bleak dead of night

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:17 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image
ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓxxxxxThis time, for real, tired of playing it safexxxxxInside I feel, I've got what it takesxxxxxTo prove to the world who I really can bexxxxxI know for sure, there's no stopping me
⒮⒤⒩⒢⒧⒠

Tanya gave her friend a look of complete dubiousness and turned her whole body to face him. "There are parts in this stage called life that we must play. I am supposed to jump into random things head first and not even worry about the consequences. You are supposed to be yelling at me for doing so while also knowing everything there is to know about anything. Read the bloody script sometime soon Gekko!" she emphasized this with a flick to his ear and a slight huff. Really, with all the time he spent moping around this place she thought he might have at least cracked open one of the books! Revealing spells couldn't just be kept to cursebreaking could it? She wouldn't really know since she wasn't exactly in the class (out of the many she was taking) and now that she thought about it, neither did Echo. Crap. "Looks like I read the script a bit too well if you catch my meaning. How the hell are we supposed to tell if this random scrap of paper is what we need among the literally thousands littering up this place?!" she exclaimed while pouting and prodding the crumpled wad with the tip of her boot. While she hand't known what they might have been facing in this scavenger hunt, Tanya had still dressed accordingly with a light but durable plaid shirt, shorts, boots, and wildly appropriate Adventure Time socks. It was a rather old show she knew, but her mum had dug out seasons of it from a rummage sale when she was younger and she had gotten hooked rather quick. It was all those blasted colors! And the idea of an entire kingdom made of candy; that just sounded amazing. With a groan she flopped onto the floor mumbling about ghosts and their inconsistencies.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

It's my turn now & you know that I'm readyxxxxxIt's my turn now, yeah, I'm strong, and I'm steadyxxxxxBreak down the wall, gonna go for it allxxxxxIt's my time, gonna shine, show you howxxxxxBecause it's my turn now

UniformWhere: Library~Fiction and Literature SectionWith: EchoThinking: Bloody ghosts, bloody non-spells, bloody everything!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Quiet at the Library with Tanya
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Excited
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ This might actually be sort of fun. ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Don't worry your head off; ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          There's always a fate worse than death ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Pray you go quietly, quick and not violently ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho blinked as Tanya started rambling about life being a play. Wait, seriously? Was she insane? He scowled. "So basically I'm your babysitter," he huffed, rolling his eyes at her, hand going to his ear to rub where she'd flicked it. Who in the bloody hell went around flicking peoples ears? He thought he might prefer her hanging off his back to that. It'd hurt. Not much, but enough. Sometimes, he did wonder why he put up with her... she was far too much like his sister for comfort. But, she was pretty much the only person who could put him in anything he could honestly call a good mood lately. The best anyone else could hope for was usually 'neutral,' so, there was that. When she brandished the paper at him again, he gave her a, 'what, really?' look, arching a brow, trying to fight the smile that was worming its way onto his lips. "Why that paper, exactly, Tanya? Why not any of those other thousands?" he asked, tone teasing. "Maybe you were drawn to the paper. Maybe it's fate," he said, waggling his eyebrows and wiggling his fingers at her, nose crinkling in amusement. He sat next to her, snickering a bit at her grumbling, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "We are in the library... we could try and look something up. But, that might take too long. And anyway, we don't even know if we're in the right place. So... I dunno. I mean, I can't make a plan with no information," he said, completely serious. He didn't have enough to go on to come up with some brilliant scheme, regardless of what she might think. He vaguely wondered if she thought he was smarter than he was, which was disconcerting, because he really didn't like failing to meet her expectations. Wait, why did that bother him so much? He shook his head lightly. "You're the fearless leader," he told her with a faint grin. "So. I dunno. Lead.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ No need to worry; we all meet our end someday
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Pray you go silently into the bleak dead of night

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash