Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Homelss Volunteer Center doesn't allow gays or lesbians? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:51 am
Taeryyn
If you know they aren't all the same, then don't insult all of them by making needless generalizations. razz

Sometimes it's hard to remember they aren't all the same when it seems like all the articles out there are about them hating LGBT people. Even those that don't hate LGBT aren't very vocal about it. I personally find it disheartening. For every twenty articles I read involving a church, one or two might have a positive spin.. or both.

The last pro-Christian acticle that had a pro-LGBT spin on it was a pastor of a very large church admitted to supporting gay rights... and was promptly fired and shunned by the congregation that loved him, the congregation he helped build up over years from a small church to a massive one. So it's great that this pastor stood up for his rights and supports us... but to be fired and shunned over it. I read that and felt horrible for him. The article continued to go on saying that he and his pregnant wife had to move so he could find work before their baby is born. And what makes the situation suck even more is the pastor couldn't give any information about the situation else the church would no longer pay him any severance. So if he wants a meager income, he has to keep quite.

It isn't fair to generalize but you have to admit that sometimes it is very hard not to feel that most Christians hate us. Yes, some don't but they, from my personal experience, tend to not be vocal about it. And when they don't protest what their vocal counterparts are saying, it is very easy to forget or not even realize they don't agree.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 pm
Lady Kayura
Taeryyn
If you know they aren't all the same, then don't insult all of them by making needless generalizations. razz

Sometimes it's hard to remember they aren't all the same when it seems like all the articles out there are about them hating LGBT people. Even those that don't hate LGBT aren't very vocal about it. I personally find it disheartening. For every twenty articles I read involving a church, one or two might have a positive spin.. or both.

The last pro-Christian acticle that had a pro-LGBT spin on it was a pastor of a very large church admitted to supporting gay rights... and was promptly fired and shunned by the congregation that loved him, the congregation he helped build up over years from a small church to a massive one. So it's great that this pastor stood up for his rights and supports us... but to be fired and shunned over it. I read that and felt horrible for him. The article continued to go on saying that he and his pregnant wife had to move so he could find work before their baby is born. And what makes the situation suck even more is the pastor couldn't give any information about the situation else the church would no longer pay him any severance. So if he wants a meager income, he has to keep quite.

It isn't fair to generalize but you have to admit that sometimes it is very hard not to feel that most Christians hate us. Yes, some don't but they, from my personal experience, tend to not be vocal about it. And when they don't protest what their vocal counterparts are saying, it is very easy to forget or not even realize they don't agree.

I'm not saying it isn't understandable to feel like the bigoted religious types grossly outnumber the ones who are neutral or accepting. That still doesn't make it okay to insult an entire group of people, many of which are members of this guild, which was my entire point to begin with.

I've experienced both the very positive and very negative ends of the LGBT-meets-Christian spectrum. Hell, I've had just as many negative interactions with the gay community as I have with various religious folks.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out