Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OFFICE] Rengath's Office Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:58 am
"I see." Malodore bowed to Rengath and to the gathered doppelgangers. "That is what I expected... it was a good illusion," it added. "The scent was very realistic, I thought." Of course it had been good, to fool it. Had to have been.

Of course, it had also gotten all worked up for no reason, which was a bit embarrassing. "Thank you for the information, sir. You have given me a few things to consider. With your leave..." It nodded to the doppelgangers and Rengath before turning to go, giving Thackery a nod as well before slipping out.

iStoleYurVamps

Nothing Yet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:23 am
Homework was one of those things he did without question. None. Whatsoever. It was meant to be done when assigned and he just always managed to find his way over to get it in in time. So of course Molan found himself making his way toward a certain Theater Teacher's office to visit that little box and drop off a single sheet of paper on his way in. Somehow, just somehow, he managed not to set off the grouchy teacher. Again.

Well hopefully. It really depended on if the fellow liked his views on humans or not. Debatable, but the assignment was opinions on what he'd seen that day in regards to fear. And he'd seen enough to cement in some of his own personal views on them.

And that humans were strange, odd little creatures. Ones they needed, and probably needed to protect from themselves. Seriously, they seemed quite bent on seeing to their own demise if that movie and their going to the 'play' said anything. ...he just didn't even want to try and understand them. Nope, just going to dump off the homework and call it good.

Quote:
Molan Threepwood

I have found that humans have an odd attraction to death. They seek it, but fear it. This being my second trip to the human world I have noted that humans seem enthralled with the concept of death, beholding it from afar, but the very idea of experiencing it or it's approach sends chills through their system. Chills they don't know how to control. They love to believe they are in control, which might explain their fascination with getting close and never touching. Like it is some form of exotic beast to behold in a zoo.

And yet, there are those that feel pangs of fear at the very mention of it. So perhaps it holds a higher meaning to those. Past experiences perhaps. Speculation aside though, it can easily be said that humans seem to enjoy this adrenaline rush they get from experiencing the sensation. If not, why would they choose to attend and view showings that cause the emotion itself? They scream and run, but enjoy the concept itself through it all.

Which truly begs a new concern I have found.

If humans are so enthralled with things they cannot control(for they do seem to produce a delightful amount of fear when experiencing what they are unable to comprehend), then are they not almost following a path of self destruction? Wouldn't their obsession with things such as that lead to potentially going toward dangerous situations, or perhaps actually creating something that could be their end? My concern regarding this is more due to our need for co-existence. Humans, have a particularly peculiar sense of self preservation. While in all viewings it's obvious they attempt to prevail, humans love seeing their own kind in such stressful and hazardous situations.

Honestly, I've begun to wonder if they thrive off of the strife of others to a degree even some of our less than civil students can't comprehend. It's not entirely my place to say, but humans obsession with the most illogical things makes me wonder. Wanting to return back to times when they struggled to live, feared for their lives on a daily basis. The world itself was against them in such a way that every turn had a high chance of their own demise. Yet today they made a festival of celebrating it, rejoicing in a time when their entire species could have been wiped out by a plague as you mentioned. So I have to wonder what is going through their heads when going to such an event.

Wouldn't it be akin to choosing to visit the firelands(for one such as myself). They're illogical in more than one way and a bizarre thing to say the least. I could understand wanting a bit of enjoyment, but every instance I've seen of humanity is them seeming to celebrate the very things that seek to destroy them.

I am left merely wanting to ask again. Why are they so obsessed with their own potential deaths?

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:48 pm
A few days after the field trip, Poke waltzed into the office and dropped off her essay before making a quick exit.

Quote:

Today I went to the human world, and saw a whole bunch of humans dressed up in weird clothing as they celebrated their own history. It was pretty fun, I got to make some human soap. I'd never use said soap though, not in a million years. Smelt like flowers and herbs. They also had some tanned hides up. I've read before that this was a ancient way that clothes were made. I believe ancient halloweeners would of used minipet hides to make clothes. Though I wished they had chosen to cook the animals the hides came from instead, as some of the human world animals look really tasty. I have yet to taste animal meat, and I'm curious if it would taste any good.

The play was rather interesting to say the least. I felt sorry for the elves, and even a little anger towards the humans. But it was a play after all, so the anger didn't last very long. The fight scenes were really awesome though. I have to wonder if some of these events would of happened back when halloween was created.

The best part was definitely getting those free coins. Because obtaining wealth of any kind is always a good thing.

As for my career path, I haven't really thought about it to be honest. I've always assumed I'd go into something to do with scaring humans. Without hurting them of course. And then I'd do something on the side. Maybe some body guard work, or some sailing, or exploring the human world when I can. Hell the boogeymen thing might be a fun thing too. I've got plenty of time to figure out what to do, and I'm not certain on anything. I know my parents though like to change career paths every few decades so they don't get bored, so I'll probably do the same thing.

What I will spend alot of time on is investing. I've already got a few shares in some stocks, I just need to expand and play around some more so I can strike it rich, then invest some more, get richer, etc etc. Oh! And there will be fighting. Lots of fighting.

Maybe I should look into the boogeymen thing after all. I get to beat up things more, and not only will I find out all sorts of cool stuff, but I'll get a lot stronger. Plus I'll wear a cool cloak.

Pokerus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:18 pm
Papers, Andrew always hated papers. He always dragged it out to almost the end but managed to get it in before the due date.

He dumped his paper into the box. There he had done his diligent demon duty and finished his class. Off to home and other things like playing Scario Kart.

Quote:

Andrew Conner
Professor Rengath
Olde ways 101

In the field trip to the human world we wore pins, which made it possible for even a monster to blend in with humans. The pins have a limited use, which means that every use will have to be used wisely. It is still far more effective for a reaper or a creature with the ability to shapeshift into a human like body to interact with humans. Once in the human shape, interacting with humans seems to be a fairly easy process in the setting of the field trip. Humans on a general level do not seem to be able to sense the difference except in a few rare cases. Human have a variety of activities, some which even match our own like the candle making. Candles always contain a little fear of fire with them.

Professor Rengath demonstrated a creative use of the contract. He showed that it could be used as a device to get FEAR from more than the person he is contracting. It also allowed him to do something he enjoyed, theater, to harvest FEAR and created a connection to allow future harvests. His use of the contract makes me wonder how I might be able to make use of the contract in the human world. On one hand, it does force the demon to come on the human’s terms, on the other, it allows for a steady connection. Any contract will clearly have to be well thought out but makes for some extra options for a fear harvester. It also shows that contracts can be used to create connections.

I do like the idea of being some sort of FEAR harvester in the future, interacting with humans is interesting but being a demon with some obvious characteristics I would need the use of pins which seem to be currently a onetime use only. Any trips to the human world in human guise would have to be carefully planned out as they would become costly. It might be better to look for other directions that require less use of pins.

Although acting clearly allows for fear to be harvested from a large audience at once, it also has the problems of being in front of a large audience. A skilled actor can time words and to occasional magic to create extra FEAR but there is always a chance of being exposed or simply messing up. Acting may not be the thing for me, but special effects do seem to often include fire which is commonly used in theater and other forms of human entertainment. That would be an option that would allow for the increase of FEAR without using pins every trip. It would require a lot of practice controlling fire, but would also allow for a large fear Pay off in many different forms of entertainment.

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 pm
Miasma had been quite distracted with news of prom coming up (she had ways of finding out about things), and so she had... actually somewhat forgotten about the paper until... the deadline was coming up.

Hopefully this wouldn't taint her record and mark her as tardy. She DID manage to get it done sometime before the deadline though!

Olde Ways 101
Professor Rengath

Today, we ventured to the human world, and took part in what seemed to be some sort of human cultural festival called a “Renaissance Fair”, where they celebrated stories of the past and… magic. We were all disguised as humans, donning strange yet fashionable clothes to help us blend in to the environment. There seemed to be several activities taking place, but the one I was partaking in involved humans holding weapons called lances, mounted on horses. I am told this activity is called “jousting”, where the humans attempt to knock each other off using these lances, and the victor is the one who manages to knock their opponent off while remaining on their horse, at which they are deemed the victor. In order to add entertainment to the crowd, on-lookers may “bet” on they believe will win, and should they guess right, will be rewarded.

While this was extremely interesting, I must say the highlight of the trip was witnessing something described as a “human theatre production”, and is very much different from the movie theatre we had gone to in Selene’s class. Rather than images projected onto a giant screen, scenes were reenacted live by human actors, re-telling a story of elves and men. Though it lacked the refined graphics of a movie theatre, there is something quite different and magical seeing the play performed with only human actors dressed up in costume, with sub-par props and lighting. Perhaps it is the emotion and dedication the actors put into the play, which were able to rile up the crowd, and even the FEAR produced seemed quite more tangible and palatable than the FEAR produced in a movie theatre, which may be attributed to the play being much more believable, performed live rather than through graphics.

This has led me to believe, as I’ve learned through previous classes, that the most effective form of scaring may not necessarily be through sheer size and intimidation. While this method does produce a sizable amount of FEAR, I find that if one is creative, you can even use the human’s own natural fears against them. Simple things, such as flickering lights, rustling sounds, shadows… anything that may cause a human to have doubts or become paranoid, they themselves end up becoming their worst fear, letting their imagination warp the reality around them. It is still too early for me to decide on my career of choice, as I am but in my first year, but I would very much like to pursue the path of learning to use illusions in creating FEAR, and in the same way, honing my own use of FEAR as a more passive, rather than active form of battle.

Miasma Aricia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:16 pm
Brenley strode into Rengath's office, eyes darting around curiously as he tried to look nonchalant. He gently placed his homework on the stack and fled a bit more suspiciously, his sash jingling merrily.

Quote:
I will admit that I haven't given much thought to my future career. When I was being schooled at home by my mother, Halloween Town seemed very large and far away, and I never really pondered those sorts of things for fear that I would never see it. I have only been a student at Amityville Academy for a short time. Getting here was my singular focus for so long that I think I am going to need more time to find a new goal.

That being said, I suppose that if I had to choose, I would pick a job that had something to do with science? Disassembling things has always been a hobby of mine and right before I left home I got into chemistry a bit as well, so yes, I think so. It would be nice to study dissipation for a start. I am not frightened of experiencing it for the first time, but I do not wish to court death just to satisfy my curiosity, at least not at the moment. Perhaps I can interview some of my fellow students and ask them what it is like. And, of course, there is always the library.

Anyway, my future dissipation has little to do with our field trip. I don't know that I am suited for scaring beyond what is expected of me on true Halloween, though I found the upperclassmen's presentations on the subject to be enlightening. I had hoped to bring some of the strange human bread home with me to examine further, but it seems it was confiscated, or at the very least, I cannot find my piece among everything I have yet to unpack. After seeing what it did to Ruth I was not going to eat it myself by any means, so I suppose it was not a loss. I have only just begun to imbue fleshier items with spells, so perhaps I will create something similar someday. Do humans enjoy vomiting on purpose? Does it frighten them? If they were at this carnival to be scared, as our teacher's alliance with Mr. Williams would imply, perhaps they do. Would it benefit our more scare-centric citizens to have vomit-inducing bread or powders that enhanced their scariness? I will have to look into the need, for that is something I could certainly do.

I guess that will be it then, for now. I have learned that if humans truly enjoy being frightened by their own vomit, then I would be well suited to a career in the sciences. I think. This is all very confusing.

Brenley Quinn

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items