Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Transgender in need of help Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplefan100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 pm
godoftherain
Northe
G0h4n1234
I have always liked boy stuff like NASCAR, football, Die-cast cars, but I have felt that my body was wrong.
The steel tastes so sweet,

Not all guys like that stuff. razz
I think what thats called is being a tomboy.
I could be wrong.
I give up, I admit defeat.

This is bad advice and you should stop giving it.

Then what would be better advice?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:38 pm
purplefan100
godoftherain
Northe
G0h4n1234
I have always liked boy stuff like NASCAR, football, Die-cast cars, but I have felt that my body was wrong.
The steel tastes so sweet,

Not all guys like that stuff. razz
I think what thats called is being a tomboy.
I could be wrong.
I give up, I admit defeat.

This is bad advice and you should stop giving it.

Then what would be better advice?

Well, how about any piece of advice that doesn't write off someone's gender identity and self-identification in the very first part of their sentence?

"I am transgender"
"LOL U R JUST A TOMBOY"  

godoftherain

purplefan100

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:53 pm
I have been thinking about the transgender sexuality... other related terms.
Maybe interests have nothing to do with it at all.
Maybe it is just about how you feel and if you feel comfortable or not.
I don't know if I am right or not, I am just thinking and since this is a forum, I decided to post it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:14 pm
purplefan100
I don't know if I am right or not, I am just thinking and since this is a forum, I decided to post it.

You sound like you're on the right track. 3nodding  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

purplefan100

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:27 pm
Prince Ikari
purplefan100

Thanks, the only problem is where do I go from here.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:29 pm
hi. Prince ikari, What did you do to figure out that you were what you are.

ikari that is from chobits right? Or did you get the name from some place else.  

purplefan100

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:31 pm
purplefan100
Prince Ikari
purplefan100

Thanks, the only problem is where do I go from here.

You're welcome. I would say the next thing you should do, if you do feel transgender, is research up on it, and if you feel you really are transgender, to try finding acceptance. When I first posted in here, I was thinking the same thing, and for awhile, after researching up, I felt I really was transgender, and when I thought I was, I went to my friends for acceptance and support. They easily embraced me and my new found identity, it was family however that didn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:36 pm
purplefan100

Hello. I'm not sure how to answer that question. I thought I had figured out I was transgender/lesbian around this time last year, but a few months after making the realization, and maybe it was because my mother really ridiculed me for the whole transgender thing, I realized I'm just a very feminine male.

And the Ikari is from Neon Geneis Evangelion. I use to have a crush on the main character, Shinji Ikari.

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

purplefan100

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:44 pm
I have read some information on it and it explains something except there one thing I don't get. The difference between transgender and transsexual.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:49 pm
purplefan100
I have read some information on it and it explains something except there one thing I don't get. The difference between transgender and transsexual.

The only real difference is that transgender is a more broad term. It includes people who also cross dress or have sex change surgeries. I was more in the cross dress category, because I really wanted to get to wear bras and panties and cute dresses and skirts and whatnot, but didn't want to go so far as to have any surgeries. Transsexual is someone who strongly feels they're in the wrong body, and goes to great lengths to be the gender they feel they truly are, even going as far has having surgeries to change their anatomy.  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

purplefan100

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 pm
Prince Ikari
purplefan100

Hello. I'm not sure how to answer that question. I thought I had figured out I was transgender/lesbian around this time last year, but a few months after making the realization, and maybe it was because my mother really ridiculed me for the whole transgender thing, I realized I'm just a very feminine male.

And the Ikari is from Neon Geneis Evangelion. I use to have a crush on the main character, Shinji Ikari.

I looked him up, I have had a crush on darien/Endymion from salior moon .  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:59 pm
Prince Ikari
purplefan100

The only real difference is that transgender is a more broad term. It includes people who also cross dress or have sex change surgeries. I was more in the cross dress category, because I really wanted to get to wear bras and panties and cute dresses and skirts and whatnot, but didn't want to go so far as to have any surgeries. Transsexual is someone who strongly feels they're in the wrong body, and goes to great lengths to be the gender they feel they truly are, even going as far has having surgeries to change their anatomy.

Okay then I am definately not transsexual, surgury scares the heck out of me. Maybe If i felt extremly strong about being in the wrong body, i would consider doing the surgury.  

purplefan100

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:06 am
purplefan100
Prince Ikari
purplefan100

Okay then I am definately not transsexual, surgury scares the heck out of me. Maybe If i felt extremly strong about being in the wrong body, i would consider doing the surgury.

I know what you mean. I felt like deep inside I was a woman, but I never wanted to go that far. I don't like surgery either, and I panic whenever I have to go under. Surgery would definitely be the final step. As far as I know though, before undergoing it, you're required to cross-dress and live your life as the sex you feel you are for one year, to make sure you can live as what your new sex would be after the operation. Personally for me, cross-dress is all I would need to be happy. No surgery required.

I will say though, after talking to you, I feel transgender once more. I honestly stopped thinking about it because it upset my mother so much, and this is the first time it's come back to my mind since.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 am
purplefan100
Prince Ikari
purplefan100

I looked him up, I have had a crush on darien/Endymion from salior moon .

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with him. ^^;  

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

purplefan100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:16 am
I think I am definetely transgender. I felt like I didn't fit into the stereotype of a girl. I had "boy " interests so that confused me. Though part of me did like wearing dresses and feeling pretty. those girls that dress in all pink and carry their purses at their elbow, that was never me. That the image I grew up with girls are dainty and delicate. I can understand a guy who wants to dress like a girl could wear shirts and pretty shirts and stuff. But the other way around. I have no idea what a girl dressing as a guy would wear.  
Help and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff