Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply General Discussion
How did they react? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:19 am
Zinochi
Azareas Aquarinus
Zinochi

My Parents told my Grandparents for me, I had gone home from holiday with them early and my parents said that they needed to know and that they would take care of it. I heard nothing of it till my parents got back, they then sat me down and told me that my grandparents were told and at least they were honest and said the first thing they asked was if I had considered therapy. "....." was my reaction.

Wow. What is with adults and therapy? It's not like they can medicate your sexuality out of you.

I know, but they honestly deep down they want what they think is best for me, and it doesn't matter what we think, they believe it works. They also believe being LGBT is immoral, but that's the time they came from. I don't believe we can truly change their beliefs but what we can do is prepare the younger generation, make and shape a better and most importantly safer world for those who'll come after.

Yeah smile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:47 pm
Well, my coming out was.. an accident. My parents found me kissing my girlfriend at the time.
(My parents are Christians, as am I, I am just not blind to what the bible actually says) Needless to say, it did NOT end well. Things still haven't quite blown over. My mom accepts it now, just doesn't agree, and my dad just refuses to acknowledge it. My brother is gay so he's cool with it, and my sister doesn't think my sexual orientation exists. (I identify myself with Pansexual) As for my friends, only a handful know, and I don't plan on telling the others.  

iLittleMonsterr

4,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Neutral0rgy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:27 pm
Taylor Shine
how did your family and friends react when you told them your sexuality? Are you planning to tell them?

Well family out here in Iowa not so good. They think I'm crazy and that I just want attention and should get over myself. Friends usually accept it and that's if they are truly my friend. I straight up tell people it when I first meet them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 pm
It went great with me. Most of my family, except for my biological mom, is bisexual. They actually asked me first. My friends I surprised, but they were supportive. The only one I haven't told is my biological mom because she is very prestigious. I know she wouldn't like it, but I don't get along with her very well anyway, so it doesn't bother me that much.  

Speckehledtail

Sashkir

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:55 pm
My dad, well lets not mention him, saves a lot of ranting on my end.
Probably the first person I came out to was my best friend.
My grandma and mum were the two people I told next. I told my grandma then she told my mamma for me as I didn't really know how to sit down and talk to her about it.
Then comes my aunt, she just sat me down, asked if she could ask me a personal question, I don't hide things and yeah, just told her as it was and she's super supportive.
My guild on WoW know I'm out, and yeah I guess that gives me a little confidence, even if it is an online group of friends. 3nodding  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff