Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:19 pm
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
I like the first and third ones when you put it that way XD lol. I would be very curious to see how you transform if you have some knowledge of biology lol.
So Ill do the fallout one if you happen to be bad at biology otherwise biokinetic it is.
Well, I studied Biology enough to understand the basics. Otherwise, you could always help me put together or design my character and help me along; after all, a roleplay happens together, :3. Would you mind designing your character (or at least the skeleton) first, so that I can get a general idea of what you're looking for when I put mine together? It probably won't take me long to design mine.
Well ok so to clarify the setting one last time (since the story did change) we are being held in an abandoned city which is locked down and the gov/corp or w/e is monitoring via satellite including infrared from sattelite to see indoor activity, and biokinetics are poor and looked down upon, so then when they break the law some end up here, we both ended up here and need to survive, against people who commited worse crimes, or even pettier crimes.

Name: Kei
Bio: had an oppurtunity to steal a custom bio-jacket so he did, and he ended up becoming more biokinetic after using it before he got caught, when he used to have only small biokinetic tendencies like pupils changing shape or iris changing color. Other people are in here for alot worse than stealing, except he stole from a rich dude who could actually afford the jacket, the jacket simply gets traced and next thing he knows he is drugged to not use his powers, and is being transported in the back of a truck to the city, feeling sluggish, with a few other people in there with him. They have cuffs on
Apearance: about 6 feet tall, black medium length hair, right now his pupils are burst shaped, twelve sided polygon, and his eyes are greenish yellow right now. He has on a plain white t that isn't even his, and black jean-shorts. The shorts he kept very clean because he didn't have much money to spend on clothes, but the inside of the truck is covered in dust/dirt.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:34 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Well ok so to clarify the setting one last time (since the story did change) we are being held in an abandoned city which is locked down and the gov/corp or w/e is monitoring via satellite including infrared from sattelite to see indoor activity, and biokinetics are poor and looked down upon, so then when they break the law some end up here, we both ended up here and need to survive, against people who commited worse crimes, or even pettier crimes.

Bio: had an oppurtunity to steal a custom bio-jacket so he did, and he ended up becoming more biokinetic after using it before he got caught, when he used to have only small biokinetic tendencies like pupils changing shape or iris changing color. Other people are in here for alot worse than stealing, except he stole from a rich dude who could actually afford the jacket, the jacket simply gets traced and next thing he knows he is drugged to not use his powers, and is being transported in the back of a truck to the city, feeling sluggish, with a few other people in there with him. They have cuffs on
Apearance: about 6 feet tall, black medium length hair, right now his pupils are burst shaped, twelve sided polygon, and his eyes are greenish yellow right now. He has on a plain white t that isn't even his, and black jean-shorts. The shorts he kept very clean because he didn't have much money to spend on clothes, but the inside of the truck is covered in dust/dirt.

All right, this sounds totally awesome already. ;u ;

Name: Anastasiya (Tayzee/Tay) Kallum
Sex: Female
Bio: She is a biokinetic whose main capabilities include minor appearance changes (in her case, change in hair color as well as length) and abilities that help her when she is in water. She can give herself slightly webbed fingers and toes, as well as extending the length of her toes to become more paddle-like. She used to live near the ocean with two parents who were also biokinetic, both of which were much more powerful than she, being capable to turn their legs into complete fins like merpeople. However, when they gave birth to a child, it was clear the ability was fading. After her parents were taken away for being too open with their capabilities, Anastasiya was left to fend for herself; the only way she knew to gather food was by fishing, and to fish she needed to use her abilities as well. It wasn't long before she was also arrested for the same reason, and she wound up in the same dirty truck as Kei, traveling along the same dirt road toward an undisclosed location.
Appearance: Approx. 5'2", 100 pounds, she has more lanky muscle than anything else. She was born with slight albinism, causing her natural skin and hair to be radiant shades of white and her eyes to be a very light shade of blue, with pink/light red rims around the pupils. She often changes her hair, as she thinks that her natural appearance is frightening, but as they are currently being watched, she has left it alone. Her hair is long, with ragged, messy waves and curls that flow down to her waist.

Sound good so far?  

Jiraiya v2

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:44 pm
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

All right, this sounds totally awesome already. ;u ;

Name: Anastasiya (Tayzee/Tay) Kallum
Sex: Female
Bio: She is a biokinetic whose main capabilities include minor appearance changes (in her case, change in hair color as well as length) and abilities that help her when she is in water. She can give herself slightly webbed fingers and toes, as well as extending the length of her toes to become more paddle-like. She used to live near the ocean with two parents who were also biokinetic, both of which were much more powerful than she, being capable to turn their legs into complete fins like merpeople. However, when they gave birth to a child, it was clear the ability was fading. After her parents were taken away for being too open with their capabilities, Anastasiya was left to fend for herself; the only way she knew to gather food was by fishing, and to fish she needed to use her abilities as well. It wasn't long before she was also arrested for the same reason, and she wound up in the same dirty truck as Kei, traveling along the same dirt road toward an undisclosed location.
Appearance: Approx. 5'2", 100 pounds, she has more lanky muscle than anything else. She was born with slight albinism, causing her natural skin and hair to be radiant shades of white and her eyes to be a very light shade of blue, with pink/light red rims around the pupils. She often changes her hair, as she thinks that her natural appearance is frightening, but as they are currently being watched, she has left it alone. Her hair is long, with ragged, messy waves and curls that flow down to her waist.

Sound good so far?
Well I should tell you about cellular plasticity perhaps before we go on. Well I already sort of did though, but like how nueroplasticity is the ability for the brain to rewire itself faster, the more cellular plasticity you have the faster you can transform, but if you tansform like a nail or bone, itll take alot longer to reverse the transformation than skin for example or the eye. So a person who wants to maximize cellular plasticity would have strong cartilege instead of bone, and basically when cellular palsticity occurs in slamanders, the tissue reverts back into a precursor cell, like how there are cells the bone marrow in humans make which can turn into different types of blood cells from the same one cell. Like stem cells are the ultimate precursor cell, but some cells would obviously take longer converting than others, bone would take a long time to reverse and to transform. But also if you specialize in certain transformations it should take less time as well since you are more experienced. The more minerals and the harder the tissue the longer itd take basically to change.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:47 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Well I should tell you about cellular plasticity perhaps before we go on. Well I already sort of did though, but like how nueroplasticity is the ability for the brain to rewire itself faster, the more cellular plasticity you have the faster you can transform, but if you tansform like a nail or bone, itll take alot longer to reverse the transformation than skin for example or the eye. So a person who wants to maximize cellular plasticity would have strong cartilege instead of bone, and basically when cellular palsticity occurs in slamanders, the tissue reverts back into a precursor cell, like how there are cells the bone marrow in humans make which can turn into different types of blood cells from the same one cell. Like stem cells are the ultimate precursor cell, but some cells would obviously take longer converting than others, bone would take a long time to reverse and to transform. But also if you specialize in certain transformations it should take less time as well since you are more experienced. The more minerals and the harder the tissue the longer itd take basically to change.

Oh, no, I gotcha. So basically she shouldn't be able to quickly grow out her toes like that. But it shouldn't be a problem for her to somewhat quickly grow a thin layer of webbed cartilage between her toes and fingers, would it? It would probably take her a while because she is much weaker than her parents, but...And I should probably tone down her parents, as well, in that case. Such as maybe the parents were able to (over the course of a long period of time) grow their toes to aid in the swimming and whatnot, but maybe Anastasiya wouldn't ever be able to get to that point.  

Jiraiya v2

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:52 pm
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Oh, no, I gotcha. So basically she shouldn't be able to quickly grow out her toes like that. But it shouldn't be a problem for her to somewhat quickly grow a thin layer of webbed cartilage between her toes and fingers, would it? It would probably take her a while because she is much weaker than her parents, but...And I should probably tone down her parents, as well, in that case. Such as maybe the parents were able to (over the course of a long period of time) grow their toes to aid in the swimming and whatnot, but maybe Anastasiya wouldn't ever be able to get to that point.
well um, sorry if I made it sound like transforming would take ages. There are high risk situations where people would need to quickly change anyways and change adaptively rather than in a specific way is better for survival.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:54 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
well um, sorry if I made it sound like transforming would take ages. There are high risk situations where people would need to quickly change anyways and change adaptively rather than in a specific way is better for survival.

Eh, I think it fits better with the way I changed it, anyway. Maybe eventually she'll get up to that level. Characters need to grow and develop through roleplay. Do you think we're almost ready to start?  

Jiraiya v2

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:17 pm
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Eh, I think it fits better with the way I changed it, anyway. Maybe eventually she'll get up to that level. Characters need to grow and develop through roleplay. Do you think we're almost ready to start?
Ok.

When Kei awakes from his stupor he notices his surroundings. The movement of the truck, how dreary the city is they are being transported through, and the other people with him, and he looks to see how much people are transporting us. Everyone seems to be half asleep for the most part, and he looked a few extra seconds at the girl that seems the most out of place in the back of this vehicle. He wonders if he is the only one awake enough yet to talk.

'Anybody else up?'  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:32 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Ok.

When Kei awakes from his stupor he notices his surroundings. The movement of the truck, how dreary the city is they are being transported through, and the other people with him, and he looks to see how much people are transporting us. Everyone seems to be half asleep for the most part, and he looked a few extra seconds at the girl that seems the most out of place in the back of this vehicle. He wonders if he is the only one awake enough yet to talk.

'Anybody else up?'

A cautious glance up, a gentle rustle: She was completely packed in, people shoulder-to-shoulder, and she had never felt more claustrophobic. Anastasiya bounced along with the rest of the truck, her wrists bound so tightly behind her back that she could feel the rope digging violently into her wrists. The entire way, she had been gritting her teeth as a distraction from the pain, and she was so focused on that action that she nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard the voice of another. Her jittery eyes opened and flitted around quickly until they settled on a male with dark hair, sitting across the truck from her. She opened her mouth to respond before closing it again, and taking another short glance around; when it was clear that no one else was awake, she decided it was safe to answer.
Her voice came out as a soft, musical whisper. "Why are we here?..."  

Jiraiya v2

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Ok.

'Anybody else up?'

A cautious glance up, a gentle rustle: She was completely packed in, people shoulder-to-shoulder, and she had never felt more claustrophobic. Anastasiya bounced along with the rest of the truck, her wrists bound so tightly behind her back that she could feel the rope digging violently into her wrists. The entire way, she had been gritting her teeth as a distraction from the pain, and she was so focused on that action that she nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard the voice of another. Her jittery eyes opened and flitted around quickly until they settled on a male with dark hair, sitting across the truck from her. She opened her mouth to respond before closing it again, and taking another short glance around; when it was clear that no one else was awake, she decided it was safe to answer.
Reflects for a moment remembering what happened recently to him. 'Well.. I can't say why you are here, but I am here because I stole something very valuable.. And I am a biokinetic.' Starts to worry a little bit, he does remmeber people being taken away before when he was younger for something to do with biokinesis, and those are the only memories he has of them. He looks to the people transporting us with a somewhat suspicious look, and he studies their wear, they look similar to police almost- suddenly he worries that they might have weapons and that they might be executed, though he tries to not let it show, but he can't see their pockets from this side of the truck. He stands up twice to try and see, but falls back down to his seat. 'Oh um. Well why do you think you are here?' Feels embarressed for his seemingly random behavior.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Ok.

'Anybody else up?'

Reflects for a moment remembering what happened recently to him. 'Well.. I can't say why you are here, but I am here because I stole something very valuable.. And I am a biokinetic.' Starts to worry a little bit, he does remmeber people being taken away before when he was younger for something to do with biokinesis, and those are the only memories he has of them. He looks to the people transporting us with a somewhat suspicious look, and he studies their wear, they look similar to police almost- suddenly he worries that they might have weapons and that they might be executed, though he tries to not let it show, but he can't see their pockets from this side of the truck. He stands up twice to try and see, but falls back down to his seat. 'Oh um. Well why do you think you are here?' Feels embarressed for his seemingly random behavior.

Anastasiya listened carefully to Kei's words, her eyes widening in terror at the word 'biokinetic'. She tried to raise her hand quickly to shush him, only to have the binding ropes dig farther into her skin; she bit her lip to keep herself from screaming in pain. Her eyes followed his movements as he himself studied the authorities' actions, and she suddenly felt very self-aware. Anastasiya always had a knife hidden somewhere on her person, but when she was captured, she figured it had been taken away. As always, she was barefoot, and her pale feet were violently scarred and dirty from the barren landscape that she wasn't accustomed to. After being distracted for a moment by her own feet, she glanced up to see that he was talking to her once again. A trickle of blood fell from her lip where she had bit it earlier, stunningly radiant against her pale skin.
"I know why I am here, though I don't think we should discuss it for now," she whispered softly, but attempted to catch his eye. Within a split second, the tiniest section of her pale hair blackened to match the color of the truck's bed before changing back to its regular white. She hoped he had noticed without her having to say anything, but she couldn't be sure.  

Jiraiya v2

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 pm
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

Ok.

'Anybody else up?'

Anastasiya listened carefully to Kei's words, her eyes widening in terror at the word 'biokinetic'. She tried to raise her hand quickly to shush him, only to have the binding ropes dig farther into her skin; she bit her lip to keep herself from screaming in pain. Her eyes followed his movements as he himself studied the authorities' actions, and she suddenly felt very self-aware. Anastasiya always had a knife hidden somewhere on her person, but when she was captured, she figured it had been taken away. As always, she was barefoot, and her pale feet were violently scarred and dirty from the barren landscape that she wasn't accustomed to. After being distracted for a moment by her own feet, she glanced up to see that he was talking to her once again. A trickle of blood fell from her lip where she had bit it earlier, stunningly radiant against her pale skin.
"I know why I am here, though I don't think we should discuss it for now," she whispered softly, but attempted to catch his eye. Within a split second, the tiniest section of her pale hair blackened to match the color of the truck's bed before changing back to its regular white. She hoped he had noticed without her having to say anything, but she couldn't be sure.
He notices the scenery is changing a bit, their dirt road becoming one of pavement, as buildings apear he hardly notices her changing her hair color, it almost made her look bald for a moment so he smirks, but then a sense of dread overcomes him as he realizes where they are, and his smirk quickly fades and his skin goes slightly pale. His eyes turn purple and his 12 sided burst shaped polygonal eyes, the 6 tips become curved instead of pointed for his pupils. And he tests his binds, hurting a bit, he exhales from the pain, asking. 'Do you know where we are headed?' He tries to get the tissue under his skin touching the binds to inflame a certain way so that he can try to break the binds without hurting himself too much, but his hands go numb, and he decides to stop, and leans back. Some of the drug is still in his system making him drowsy, so leaning back feels very relaxing during a stressful time such as this.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:55 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Ok.

'Anybody else up?'

He notices the scenery is changing a bit, their dirt road becoming one of pavement, as buildings apear he hardly notices her changing her hair color, it almost made her look bald for a moment so he smirks, but then a sense of dread overcomes him as he realizes where they are, and his smirk quickly fades and his skin goes slightly pale. His eyes turn purple and his 12 sided burst shaped polygonal eyes, the 6 tips become curved instead of pointed for his pupils. And he tests his binds, hurting a bit, he exhales from the pain, asking. 'Do you know where we are headed?' He tries to get the tissue under his skin touching the binds to inflame a certain way so that he can try to break the binds without hurting himself too much, but his hands go numb, and he decides to stop, and leans back. Some of the drug is still in his system making him drowsy, so leaning back feels very relaxing during a stressful time such as this.

A suspicious expression crosses across her face as she watches him closely, carefully: She has also noticed the way in which his unusual eyes were changing shape. Regardless of how drugged up she was as well, she couldn't get relaxed. Her albino eyes flickered back and forth constantly, always searching, part of the condition, and she felt very uncomfortable with the fact that she couldn't see very well. Once more, she attempted to shift her wrists. By now, she was most certainly bleeding.
"From the looks of things, toward a prison of some sort.." she muttered almost under her breath. The buildings they were passing were slowly growing free of vegetation and looked more concrete and steel in structure than before. The very idea of being trapped inside one of them made her skin crawl; she knew they must be very far from any bodies of water, which was where she felt most comfortable. "We need to get out of here before we reach the destination...that is for sure." Now, she was half-talking to herself, not wanting to rouse suspicion.  

Jiraiya v2

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:36 pm
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Ok.

'Anybody else up?'

A suspicious expression crosses across her face as she watches him closely, carefully: She has also noticed the way in which his unusual eyes were changing shape. Regardless of how drugged up she was as well, she couldn't get relaxed. Her albino eyes flickered back and forth constantly, always searching, part of the condition, and she felt very uncomfortable with the fact that she couldn't see very well. Once more, she attempted to shift her wrists. By now, she was most certainly bleeding.
"From the looks of things, toward a prison of some sort.." she muttered almost under her breath. The buildings they were passing were slowly growing free of vegetation and looked more concrete and steel in structure than before. The very idea of being trapped inside one of them made her skin crawl; she knew they must be very far from any bodies of water, which was where she felt most comfortable. "We need to get out of here before we reach the destination...that is for sure." Now, she was half-talking to herself, not wanting to rouse suspicion.

(which reminds me Im not sure what we could do about water in this story yet)

'From what I remember hearing, there is a blockaded city that was abandoned that they are sending us to' Tries to breath less shallow. Some others start to wake up. The vehicle is approaching a tall gate, there are some tall buildings on the outside of the gate but not on the other side of it, probably to prevent people from escaping if they learned how to survive a fall. An almost blank grim expression comes accross his face. The people who awoke speak in another language and are talking over the sound of the truck making it more difficult to hear her, then he realizes he doesn't know her name and itd be nice to have a friend that actually speaks the same language in a desolate place such as this.
'What's your name?' Him speaking over the noise pollution, as the vehicle is about to aproach the gate.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:54 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

'From what I remember hearing, there is a blockaded city that was abandoned that they are sending us to' Tries to breath less shallow. Some others start to wake up. The vehicle is approaching a tall gate, there are some tall buildings on the outside of the gate but not on the other side of it, probably to prevent people from escaping if they learned how to survive a fall. An almost blank grim expression comes accross his face. The people who awoke speak in another language and are talking over the sound of the truck making it more difficult to hear her, then he realizes he doesn't know her name and itd be nice to have a friend that actually speaks the same language in a desolate place such as this.
'What's your name?' Him speaking over the noise pollution, as the vehicle is about to aproach the gate.

(We'll figure it out. And also, I have an idea, tell me what you think. At the beginning I said one of her nicknames was Tayzee- we could have that be because when she says her name, he hardly hears it, and he [later in the roleplay] affectionately calls her Tayzee in remembrance of their first meeting. Just an idea)

Anastasiya watched the buildings as they neared the enormous stone gates, her eyes blank, expressionless, as she tried hard to not think about what they were heading toward. As the others begun waking, she tried to listen to their conversations before realizing they were speaking something other than her own native tongue. She was certainly happy that there was at least one other here, that she was aware of, who spoke the same language as she. In fact, the very same was now asking her a question- her name, if she'd heard him right. Over the sound of all the noise, all that could be heard from her was "-Tayzee-". She nodded solemnly before asking the very same, "An...yours?..." Just then, they went over a particularly vicious bump, and she cried out loud as her battered wrists banged mercilessly against the cab of the truck. She was getting pretty sick of this, but fortunately, as the car begun to slow down, the bumps grew less painful.  

Jiraiya v2

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 pm
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Jiraiya v2
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

(We'll figure it out. And also, I have an idea, tell me what you think. At the beginning I said one of her nicknames was Tayzee- we could have that be because when she says her name, he hardly hears it, and he [later in the roleplay] affectionately calls her Tayzee in remembrance of their first meeting. Just an idea)

Anastasiya watched the buildings as they neared the enormous stone gates, her eyes blank, expressionless, as she tried hard to not think about what they were heading toward. As the others begun waking, she tried to listen to their conversations before realizing they were speaking something other than her own native tongue. She was certainly happy that there was at least one other here, that she was aware of, who spoke the same language as she. In fact, the very same was now asking her a question- her name, if she'd heard him right. Over the sound of all the noise, all that could be heard from her was "-Tayzee-". She nodded solemnly before asking the very same, "An...yours?..." Just then, they went over a particularly vicious bump, and she cried out loud as her battered wrists banged mercilessly against the cab of the truck. She was getting pretty sick of this, but fortunately, as the car begun to slow down, the bumps grew less painful.

'I'm Kei' He said loudly because he hardly heard her name. When the bump struck he almost falls out of his seat, and when he looks up he notices Tayzee's wrists are bleeding and wonders how to help her, and also wonders why they would put it so tight on a girl. He thinks he should say somehting but doesn't know what to say about it.

Soon enough they slow to a stop at the gate and a guard speaks to the driver. Kei looks at the guard, his eyes change again when he does, slowly to a blue then a dark green, and the pupils change ovalish wider at the horizontal, Tayzee can't see it well though because of him turning his head. The guard looks to be roughly in his mid/late thirties and strong but slightly overweight, and he looks grubby compared to his state of the art uniform and a strange gun at his hip. The people in the back go quiet to overhear what the guard is saying.

'How many are there?'

'Eleven.'

'..Okay, any we should take note of?'

'No, these ones aren't that tough. Besides, if any were we would probably have them caged.'

'Fair enough...' He writes something on an electronic device with an inkless pen and signs it. 'Ill let them know to let you in. It'll prolly be a few minutes.' He walks off to a booth off of one of the tall buildings, its the only building near them that looks like it has clean windows.

Some Ideas run through Kei's head, none are realistic.

'Well, they wouldn't transfer us to a place such as this to kill us..'  
Crazy Character Convos! [[The Roleplaying Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces