Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Watch on Christmas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:08 am
Blood Stained Pages

Okay. I'll pay that. I actually laughed there. XD Which, naturally, attracted the attention of my sister. She didn't find it half so amusing, but she doesn't actually own a sense of humour. ;p I didn't waste too much energy at school either. But when someone says 'I bet you can't do it' I get all determined. >:]
As I said, I get competitive. Don't you? ^.^

My curiousity is kicking in again. ;p I keep wanting to ask about where you're living. The things you get to see everyday. Not in a stalker way or anything, but I get to look at the most stunning veiw of rolling hills with mountains in the distance every other day. Just yesterday I saved an Echidna smile As I mentioned earlier, I like meeting new people so I tend to want to find out lots of things.

User Image

smile The last one, as you can see, is a little old. But I really like this photo. Alpacas and dogs aren't supposed to get along, and normally they don't, but ours seem alright.

Although it's old, it is a nice picture, I've a small fondness for animals.

And when challenged, yes, I do like to step up to bat, but I run on a lot of logic, so if I know the guy's a third-degree black belt, I'm obviously not going to step up to a karate challenge. I prefer to challenge people to something I know we either both have a shot at winning or I have the upper hand.
I understand that you're trying to not ask the questions too personally, I've been screening my answers to not be too specific though, so ask away! lol I'm stationed in South Carolina right now, but the tech school is in Connecticut, so hopefully the bureaucracy will get it's a** in motion and process me for transfer soon. What about you? The scenic pictures are nice, definitely something I'm not used too though, I was raised in the city.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:32 am
Jonstalker62

And when challenged, yes, I do like to step up to bat, but I run on a lot of logic, so if I know the guy's a third-degree black belt, I'm obviously not going to step up to a karate challenge. I prefer to challenge people to something I know we either both have a shot at winning or I have the upper hand.
I understand that you're trying to not ask the questions too personally, I've been screening my answers to not be too specific though, so ask away! lol I'm stationed in South Carolina right now, but the tech school is in Connecticut, so hopefully the bureaucracy will get it's a** in motion and process me for transfer soon. What about you? The scenic pictures are nice, definitely something I'm not used too though, I was raised in the city.

Ah. May I take it you've visited my profile? If you haven't, you should check that out. ^.^ I live in australia, outside of Canberra. (About half an hour to forty five minutes out of Canberra.) I was raised in a couple of places, this one is the only sort of out back place we've lived, and we've been here about seven years now. I've learnt a hellava lot living out here, especially on survival. The community here surprised me when we first moved out. I've never known people to live so far apart and yet look out for each other and communicate more. People in town live right next door to one another and aren't half as close as we all are.

We have LOADS of animals, even ducks on one dam (with ducklings, at the moment) and yabbies in another.

You can ask me anything you like, too. I know I must be coming off a little crazy at the moment. xp

How old are you? What little things do you notice about the world around you (As in a person you work with says a word differently or has a strange but unobtrusive habit, or there's weed that is somehow surviving in the cracks of a paved public area, things like that) I notice a bus stop. Every month the people standing there change. ^.^

Have you been on holidays? Were they fun, or were they stressful and complicated? What's your favorite memory?

Sorry, that may have been a bit full on. Hahaha  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:54 am
Blood Stained Pages
Jonstalker62

Ah. May I take it you've visited my profile? If you haven't, you should check that out. ^.^ I live in australia, outside of Canberra. (About half an hour to forty five minutes out of Canberra.) I was raised in a couple of places, this one is the only sort of out back place we've lived, and we've been here about seven years now. I've learnt a hellava lot living out here, especially on survival. The community here surprised me when we first moved out. I've never known people to live so far apart and yet look out for each other and communicate more. People in town live right next door to one another and aren't half as close as we all are.

We have LOADS of animals, even ducks on one dam (with ducklings, at the moment) and yabbies in another.

You can ask me anything you like, too. I know I must be coming off a little crazy at the moment. xp

How old are you? What little things do you notice about the world around you (As in a person you work with says a word differently or has a strange but unobtrusive habit, or there's weed that is somehow surviving in the cracks of a paved public area, things like that) I notice a bus stop. Every month the people standing there change. ^.^

Have you been on holidays? Were they fun, or were they stressful and complicated? What's your favorite memory?

XD, trust me, finding someone to have an intelligent conversation with is rare these days. I do not mind having to talk. And you don't come off as THAT crazy, I've had to deal with much worse. And Australia sounds like a fun place, very outdoors-ie from what I hear lol.
I'm 18, but I look younger, a product of the genetic lottery.
And I notice a lot of things, the part of town I was raised in is known as the "gayborhood", so I would meet some pretty interesting people out on the streets. I notice things like body language and tone, I try and gauge how long it takes for me to overstay my welcome. This sounds cynical, but I'm not a people person, I prefer to lose myself in music. I notice the little things in music a lot. One of my favorite songs "MyMy favorite holiday has definitely got to be Yule, I know it sound selfish, but there's nothing funner than receiving gifts from loved ones and giving them something you think they'll like. It's stressful, but it's one of those challenges I enjoy.
But what about you? I'm terrible at asking questions, the best you can expect from me is to defelct your questions back at you lol. SOOOOO "I bet you can't" answer all of the questions I just answered.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:19 am
Jonstalker62
Blood Stained Pages
Jonstalker62

XD, trust me, finding someone to have an intelligent conversation with is rare these days. I do not mind having to talk. And you don't come off as THAT crazy, I've had to deal with much worse. And Australia sounds like a fun place, very outdoors-ie from what I hear lol.
I'm 18, but I look younger, a product of the genetic lottery.
And I notice a lot of things, the part of town I was raised in is known as the "gayborhood", so I would meet some pretty interesting people out on the streets. I notice things like body language and tone, I try and gauge how long it takes for me to overstay my welcome. This sounds cynical, but I'm not a people person, I prefer to lose myself in music. I notice the little things in music a lot. One of my favorite songs "MyMy favorite holiday has definitely got to be Yule, I know it sound selfish, but there's nothing funner than receiving gifts from loved ones and giving them something you think they'll like. It's stressful, but it's one of those challenges I enjoy.
But what about you? I'm terrible at asking questions, the best you can expect from me is to defelct your questions back at you lol. SOOOOO "I bet you can't" answer all of the questions I just answered.

Aha, very cute XP

I'm 21, I've been told I look younger too. I love Linkin park, INCLUDING that song. I like PLC.4 MIE HAED. biggrin I notice habits and mannerisms, see things that others won't notice. Things like a rabbit bolting into the distance or a fish just below the surface of the water. I also see patterns everywhere - such as the way people walk. The way they hold their body. smile

As far as favorite holiday goes, I was meaning one specific holiday. Mine would have to be albany. We went for the dawn service while dad was still in defence. We got there a few days early, spent our time relaxed and visitng quiet tourist locations, and the dawn service there was the most beautiful, meaningful one I have ever seen, and I've been to a lot of them now. There's moutains, or hills, really, by definition, overlooking the sea. And the sun rises on the water's horizon, glittering in the waves. We climbed through four stations, and stopped at each one, where there was a statue. One was of Sampson and his donkey. I don't know how much you know of that, but it's important in Australian history. At the top, we stood on these huge smooth rocks. They were like river stones, on a mammoth scale. If there weren't stairs carved into them, we never would have been able to get onto them. That place made me feel very small, and it also pointed out just how beautiful our world can be. The people with us were all good natured and kind. Altogether, it's probably the best holiday I will ever have been on.

^.^ Do you have any pets? Do you live with family or friends? What interests you? (As in what would you be doing if you weren't doing what you are doing... wow, what a question, huh? Try saying that ten times without stopping. Nevermind. It's possible)
Have you ever tried to touch your elbow with your tongue?  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:22 am
Blood Stained Pages

Aha, very cute XP

I'm 21, I've been told I look younger too. I love Linkin park, INCLUDING that song. I like PLC.4 MIE HAED. biggrin I notice habits and mannerisms, see things that others won't notice. Things like a rabbit bolting into the distance or a fish just below the surface of the water. I also see patterns everywhere - such as the way people walk. The way they hold their body. smile

As far as favorite holiday goes, I was meaning one specific holiday. Mine would have to be albany. We went for the dawn service while dad was still in defence. We got there a few days early, spent our time relaxed and visitng quiet tourist locations, and the dawn service there was the most beautiful, meaningful one I have ever seen, and I've been to a lot of them now. There's moutains, or hills, really, by definition, overlooking the sea. And the sun rises on the water's horizon, glittering in the waves. We climbed through four stations, and stopped at each one, where there was a statue. One was of Sampson and his donkey. I don't know how much you know of that, but it's important in Australian history. At the top, we stood on these huge smooth rocks. They were like river stones, on a mammoth scale. If there weren't stairs carved into them, we never would have been able to get onto them. That place made me feel very small, and it also pointed out just how beautiful our world can be. The people with us were all good natured and kind. Altogether, it's probably the best holiday I will ever have been on.

^.^ Do you have any pets? Do you live with family or friends? What interests you? (As in what would you be doing if you weren't doing what you are doing... wow, what a question, huh? Try saying that ten times without stopping. Nevermind. It's possible)
Have you ever tried to touch your elbow with your tongue?

Ah, a specific one.... Um, I would have to say my favorite.... well damn, I don't know if I can answer that one, they all have their memorable moments.

I wish I could have pets, but since I live in the barracks, my options are sort of limited.... wait, I just caught a cricket... I shall call him Jumpy!
No, I don't live with family, and I'd be lying if I said all of the people here are my friends. It's more like we're working together for a common cause. XD
My interests include writing, drawing (mostly weapons), weapons (both modern firearms and medieval blades), reading, and computers. I'm a bit of an oddity in my family. Most people see my affinity for weapons as a threat because I wasn't the most popular guy back in my school days, so they assume I'm just a Columbine kid waiting to happen. The real reason I enjoy weapons is because I see beauty in them. Especially with old bladed weapons, I think of the hard work someone had to put in the forge to create both an object of beauty and destruction. My affinity for more modern weapons is based on the machined precision that comes with firearms and the technology we're developing to add on to the destructive power and beauty of them.
I don't really know what I'd be doing if I wasn't doing what I'm doing right now.... (wow, that IS a mouthful). I don't allow myself to think about what isn't going to be and focus on what I CAN achieve. It saves time and brainpower in my opinion.
What do you do for a living? You said retail, but retail in what?
And you say you like Linkin Park, that's awesome, but I have one question, do you like they've produced since Minutes to Midnight? I for one don't. I understand that it's their music and that they can take it in whatever direction they please, but I don't like the sound that came from Minutes to Midnight and on. It's too sad and mopey, or worse, that mix stuff they did where it sounds almost like rock/reggae. I have nothing against reggae, I just don't like it. I preferred it when Chester was angry lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:51 am
Jonstalker62

Ah, a specific one.... Um, I would have to say my favorite.... well damn, I don't know if I can answer that one, they all have their memorable moments.

I wish I could have pets, but since I live in the barracks, my options are sort of limited.... wait, I just caught a cricket... I shall call him Jumpy!
No, I don't live with family, and I'd be lying if I said all of the people here are my friends. It's more like we're working together for a common cause. XD
My interests include writing, drawing (mostly weapons), weapons (both modern firearms and medieval blades), reading, and computers. I'm a bit of an oddity in my family. Most people see my affinity for weapons as a threat because I wasn't the most popular guy back in my school days, so they assume I'm just a Columbine kid waiting to happen. The real reason I enjoy weapons is because I see beauty in them. Especially with old bladed weapons, I think of the hard work someone had to put in the forge to create both an object of beauty and destruction. My affinity for more modern weapons is based on the machined precision that comes with firearms and the technology we're developing to add on to the destructive power and beauty of them.
I don't really know what I'd be doing if I wasn't doing what I'm doing right now.... (wow, that IS a mouthful). I don't allow myself to think about what isn't going to be and focus on what I CAN achieve. It saves time and brainpower in my opinion.
What do you do for a living? You said retail, but retail in what?
And you say you like Linkin Park, that's awesome, but I have one question, do you like they've produced since Minutes to Midnight? I for one don't. I understand that it's their music and that they can take it in whatever direction they please, but I don't like the sound that came from Minutes to Midnight and on. It's too sad and mopey, or worse, that mix stuff they did where it sounds almost like rock/reggae. I have nothing against reggae, I just don't like it. I preferred it when Chester was angry lol.

Hahaha, okay, let's see... I don't see beauty so much in weapons as actions, although I can see how you see it. I also see beauty in the awsome power and total indifference of the world around us. To that extent, I am a sort of thrill seeker/adrenalin junkie. When you come up against a storm and you're racing the clock, or you're facing off with a snake that's in the top five deadliest snakes in the world, that's when you sorta find out what you're made of. I find beauty in that. In living pure. In reaction. The coolest bit is that even if I die, the world will march on. There's some solace in that.

At the moment I work for a hardware store known as bunnings. I don't know how global they've gone, but we're talking BIG buisness. Within the store we're seperated into departments. Each department is expected to, in effect, run as a small buisness. We have coordinators who are there almost entirely there to do rosters, and that's all they seem to do. Other than make noise. Honestly, we lived without a coordinator for over three months and we were doing a damn good job of it. When I came in there was only two people in electrical. One of them was only there one day a week and only had basic product knowledge, the other had just hurt his back and could only work two nights a week for about four hours. In effect, I came in and was instantly 'the boss'. I remember getting stressed once. Really, really stressed. And my boss at the time (the good one) turns to me and asks
"Cass, how old are you?"
And I said I was 19, and he said, "Well, most 19 year olds don't run small buisnesses. They're not supposed to."
That calmed me down more than I expected it to. =.= Then I went back to work and totally kicked a**. biggrin

As to Linkin Park. I agree. I think most Linkin Park fans agree. You're right, it was just too mopey. The only sort of more recent songs I like are Shadow of the Day (although when I first heard it I couldn't believe it was them) and... well, that's pretty much it.

You didn't answer my last question. I know it seems ridiculous, but it's physically impossible to touch your elbow with your tongue. When I first found out I had to try ^.^

So, do you have huge responsibilities? Or is your job reasonable in that respect?
Curious, what have you learnt since joining the Navy? Has it disciplined you the way you expected it to? Are you wiser for it? Do you think you'll ever get out of the Navy, or do you want to stay?  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:42 am
Blood Stained Pages

Hahaha, okay, let's see... I don't see beauty so much in weapons as actions, although I can see how you see it. I also see beauty in the awsome power and total indifference of the world around us. To that extent, I am a sort of thrill seeker/adrenalin junkie. When you come up against a storm and you're racing the clock, or you're facing off with a snake that's in the top five deadliest snakes in the world, that's when you sorta find out what you're made of. I find beauty in that. In living pure. In reaction. The coolest bit is that even if I die, the world will march on. There's some solace in that.

At the moment I work for a hardware store known as bunnings. I don't know how global they've gone, but we're talking BIG buisness. Within the store we're seperated into departments. Each department is expected to, in effect, run as a small buisness. We have coordinators who are there almost entirely there to do rosters, and that's all they seem to do. Other than make noise. Honestly, we lived without a coordinator for over three months and we were doing a damn good job of it. When I came in there was only two people in electrical. One of them was only there one day a week and only had basic product knowledge, the other had just hurt his back and could only work two nights a week for about four hours. In effect, I came in and was instantly 'the boss'. I remember getting stressed once. Really, really stressed. And my boss at the time (the good one) turns to me and asks
"Cass, how old are you?"
And I said I was 19, and he said, "Well, most 19 year olds don't run small buisnesses. They're not supposed to."
That calmed me down more than I expected it to. =.= Then I went back to work and totally kicked a**. biggrin

As to Linkin Park. I agree. I think most Linkin Park fans agree. You're right, it was just too mopey. The only sort of more recent songs I like are Shadow of the Day (although when I first heard it I couldn't believe it was them) and... well, that's pretty much it.

You didn't answer my last question. I know it seems ridiculous, but it's physically impossible to touch your elbow with your tongue. When I first found out I had to try ^.^

So, do you have huge responsibilities? Or is your job reasonable in that respect?
Curious, what have you learnt since joining the Navy? Has it disciplined you the way you expected it to? Are you wiser for it? Do you think you'll ever get out of the Navy, or do you want to stay?

My apologies, I have tried to touch my elbow with my tongue, I could only get within about two inches before I decide the pain isn't worth the reward.....
My current job is pretty boring actually. Since I'm transferring commands, they don't really have a job for me to do, so we sit around all day and do some occasional cleaning. I've learned a lot here, I've learned how to keep my trap shut when I need to. And discipline is a big part of the workday. My best prediction for my Naval career is that I'll stay in until my current contract runs out, then I'll probably get out and get an edumacation. I don't know exactly what I want to do yet, but I'm thinking about something video game design.

Your former boss is right, 19 years old shouldn't have to run small businesses. It sounds like you made the best out of a hard situation though, which is better than a lot of people do.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:08 am
Jonstalker62

My apologies, I have tried to touch my elbow with my tongue, I could only get within about two inches before I decide the pain isn't worth the reward.....
My current job is pretty boring actually. Since I'm transferring commands, they don't really have a job for me to do, so we sit around all day and do some occasional cleaning. I've learned a lot here, I've learned how to keep my trap shut when I need to. And discipline is a big part of the workday. My best prediction for my Naval career is that I'll stay in until my current contract runs out, then I'll probably get out and get an edumacation. I don't know exactly what I want to do yet, but I'm thinking about something video game design.

Your former boss is right, 19 years old shouldn't have to run small businesses. It sounds like you made the best out of a hard situation though, which is better than a lot of people do.

^.^ I did indeed. In fact, we topped the Nation. We did very well, given our situation. Only about a month and a half after I started, another young man started in the department next to me. His department not only topped the nation appearance wise, but came third on sales nationally. It all seems very dramatic, and it was frigging hard, but it'll still be but down as 'retail' on my resume. >.> Ah well, that's life I guess. And it's certainly given me a lot of experience.

When did you join the Navy? I've been at my job a year now, and I'm looking to start something new. (The study I was mentioning earlier) When your contract runs out, do you think you'll want to leave the Navy and try something else?

I hate to ask questions and drop out, but it's now just past two AM here and my day started (and will start again tomorrow... today...) at 7AM. Oh! The blessings of a farm life! (Although to be fair, 7AM is pretty good. It used to be 6:30 as a standard get up and go time. ^.^) I don't need much sleep, but I need some. X)
Also also, what time is it there?

Goodnight, sweet dreams. ^.^  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:18 am
Blood Stained Pages

^.^ I did indeed. In fact, we topped the Nation. We did very well, given our situation. Only about a month and a half after I started, another young man started in the department next to me. His department not only topped the nation appearance wise, but came third on sales nationally. It all seems very dramatic, and it was frigging hard, but it'll still be but down as 'retail' on my resume. >.> Ah well, that's life I guess. And it's certainly given me a lot of experience.

When did you join the Navy? I've been at my job a year now, and I'm looking to start something new. (The study I was mentioning earlier) When your contract runs out, do you think you'll want to leave the Navy and try something else?

I hate to ask questions and drop out, but it's now just past two AM here and my day started (and will start again tomorrow... today...) at 7AM. Oh! The blessings of a farm life! (Although to be fair, 7AM is pretty good. It used to be 6:30 as a standard get up and go time. ^.^) I don't need much sleep, but I need some. X)
Also also, what time is it there?

Goodnight, sweet dreams. ^.^

I joined the Navy about a year ago, but they weren't able to ship me off to boot camp until about six months ago. I don't know if I'll want to leave or not. A lot of people who've been out to see say that our first few sea tours will either make or break your naval career for you, so I'll have to wait and see what happens.
It's actually just past 1000 AM here, I got off watch at 0400 AM and decided to not go to bed since I wasn't tired. Hope you have a productive day at your job!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:07 pm
Jonstalker62
I joined the Navy about a year ago, but they weren't able to ship me off to boot camp until about six months ago. I don't know if I'll want to leave or not. A lot of people who've been out to see say that our first few sea tours will either make or break your naval career for you, so I'll have to wait and see what happens.
It's actually just past 1000 AM here, I got off watch at 0400 AM and decided to not go to bed since I wasn't tired. Hope you have a productive day at your job!

HaHAha ^.^ Yeah, I didn't work yesterday and I'm not working today. At least, not paid work. Yesterday we were shearing until 1pm (or 1300, if you'd prefer I tell time that way) before we went shopping, then yabbie hunting, then got caught in the rain ^.^And seeing as the downpour was more of a sudden onslaught than something with a little warning, we were soaked through and through before we could even get the engines started to flee. So we decided we may as well go for a bit of a drive anyway.

We were going to do the same today (as in shearing) but the animals got out into the rain, so we can't. Instead, mum and dad have started slashing the paddocks and I'm left with cleaning >.> (And my little brother. He's old enough not to need babysitting anymore, but he deliberatly comes looking for you to talk incessantly into your ear about anything and everything.) Do you have any brothers and sisters? And if so, what are they like?

My little brother has ADHD, which means he's extremely energetic and has the attention span of a sparrow. He was just in here attempting to wrestle me into some sort of game and threatening to put milk into my apple juice. I find it kind of funny, which only encourages him. Haha.

Is Chinese your favorite food, or just one of your favorites? Basically, what's your favorite food in the whole wide world? XD  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:16 pm
Blood Stained Pages

HaHAha ^.^ Yeah, I didn't work yesterday and I'm not working today. At least, not paid work. Yesterday we were shearing until 1pm (or 1300, if you'd prefer I tell time that way) before we went shopping, then yabbie hunting, then got caught in the rain ^.^And seeing as the downpour was more of a sudden onslaught than something with a little warning, we were soaked through and through before we could even get the engines started to flee. So we decided we may as well go for a bit of a drive anyway.

We were going to do the same today (as in shearing) but the animals got out into the rain, so we can't. Instead, mum and dad have started slashing the paddocks and I'm left with cleaning >.> (And my little brother. He's old enough not to need babysitting anymore, but he deliberatly comes looking for you to talk incessantly into your ear about anything and everything.) Do you have any brothers and sisters? And if so, what are they like?

My little brother has ADHD, which means he's extremely energetic and has the attention span of a sparrow. He was just in here attempting to wrestle me into some sort of game and threatening to put milk into my apple juice. I find it kind of funny, which only encourages him. Haha.

Is Chinese your favorite food, or just one of your favorites? Basically, what's your favorite food in the whole wide world? XD

XD, Lol, lucky.
I do have siblings, one older sister, one younger sister, and one younger brother. My brother had ADHD, so I can relate. I have two pretty easy ways of dealing with him though, A) I hand him a Monster of other energy drink and wait twenty. Little bugger's out like a light. B) I hold wrestle him for a good ten seconds and pin him down, he moves, I threaten to break an arm. Otherwise, my little bro is my better half, while I will say some of the most uncouth things in conversation or worse, tell you the truth when you ask for my opinion, my little brother is the suck up, he's the ladies man lol. I don't fault him for it, he can pretty persuasive when he needs to be.
My older sister is almost the complete opposite of me, she's active, both physically and politically, where as I couldn't care less about politics. We have a few common grounds, most of it old secrets and black mail worthy stuff.
My little sister is, well she's different. She doesn't have big brains, but she's smart in other ways, and she's a great artist for her age (13). I wish I could draw as well as she does when I was her age. She tries to follow my interests, you know, typical sibling stuff. I make sure and keep her in check with a healthy dose of fear. I've never harmed her in my life, but she fears me almost as bad as she fears our mother.

Sushi, without a doubt, sushi. I enjoy a lot of Pasta dishes, but Sushi takes the top my list. My one dream is to try some of the more exotic foods out there, like dog, cat, or scorpion.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:32 am
Jonstalker62

XD, Lol, lucky.
I do have siblings, one older sister, one younger sister, and one younger brother. My brother had ADHD, so I can relate. I have two pretty easy ways of dealing with him though, A) I hand him a Monster of other energy drink and wait twenty. Little bugger's out like a light. B) I hold wrestle him for a good ten seconds and pin him down, he moves, I threaten to break an arm. Otherwise, my little bro is my better half, while I will say some of the most uncouth things in conversation or worse, tell you the truth when you ask for my opinion, my little brother is the suck up, he's the ladies man lol. I don't fault him for it, he can pretty persuasive when he needs to be.
My older sister is almost the complete opposite of me, she's active, both physically and politically, where as I couldn't care less about politics. We have a few common grounds, most of it old secrets and black mail worthy stuff.
My little sister is, well she's different. She doesn't have big brains, but she's smart in other ways, and she's a great artist for her age (13). I wish I could draw as well as she does when I was her age. She tries to follow my interests, you know, typical sibling stuff. I make sure and keep her in check with a healthy dose of fear. I've never harmed her in my life, but she fears me almost as bad as she fears our mother.

Sushi, without a doubt, sushi. I enjoy a lot of Pasta dishes, but Sushi takes the top my list. My one dream is to try some of the more exotic foods out there, like dog, cat, or scorpion.

Ah, second born. ^.^ I'm the eldest of four, there's my two younger sisters and the youngest is my little brother. I'll be trying that energy drink thing. Just in case ^.^

One of my sisters is... different. She used to get extremely hormonal, has almost literally no sense of humour, and despite being 18, will still watch a barbie movie every now and again (although you didn't hear it from me). The other is very arrogant, has a very cutting dark sense of humour and likes to write, like me. (She also does poetry though, which I have no skill for whatsoever)
I've been told I'm bombastic at least once every few years =.=
Our saving grace would have to be the practicality. We recognise our faults and aknowledge them openly, especially when they're bad. So when my sister gets snappy for no apparent reason she'll be realistic enough to recognise she's hormonal.
I'm the same, though. I look out for my brother, who's ten at the moment. I play with him a lot, but when I say enough, he knows to stop. And I don't hold my sisters faults against them, it's just the way they are.

Scorpian sounds interesting. ^.^ Given the opportunity I would probably try it, but I doubt I would ever go out of my way just to find it. I love pasta too. My favorite dish is Pasta Carbonara, but done in a traditional this-recipe-is-a-family-secret way. I've never tried carbonara the way my dad is capable of making it. 3nodding

As for sushi, I have tied it, but never really took to it. I'm not a sea food person, apparently. My grandmother cooks fish a lot, so I can remember her trying to teach me to love it, but it never stuck with me.

We did end up shearing today. By late this afternoon the sun had dried the animals out, so we did about three hours worth. (A small day, but who cares seeing as we weren't really planning on doing them in the first place?)

A discussion with a friend the other day lead to an interesting question. I've asked a couple of different people and they have all come back with remarkably different answers. I always assumed christmas traditions were pretty standard for every family, and that we were a bit weird, but apparently not. When you're with family, how do you celebrate christmas? Do you do the whole open presents super early thing? Do you have to wait for one another? Is there a fancy dinner? That kind of thing.  

PaperSongs

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:43 am
Blood Stained Pages

Ah, second born. ^.^ I'm the eldest of four, there's my two younger sisters and the youngest is my little brother. I'll be trying that energy drink thing. Just in case ^.^

One of my sisters is... different. She used to get extremely hormonal, has almost literally no sense of humour, and despite being 18, will still watch a barbie movie every now and again (although you didn't hear it from me). The other is very arrogant, has a very cutting dark sense of humour and likes to write, like me. (She also does poetry though, which I have no skill for whatsoever)
I've been told I'm bombastic at least once every few years =.=
Our saving grace would have to be the practicality. We recognise our faults and aknowledge them openly, especially when they're bad. So when my sister gets snappy for no apparent reason she'll be realistic enough to recognise she's hormonal.
I'm the same, though. I look out for my brother, who's ten at the moment. I play with him a lot, but when I say enough, he knows to stop. And I don't hold my sisters faults against them, it's just the way they are.

Scorpian sounds interesting. ^.^ Given the opportunity I would probably try it, but I doubt I would ever go out of my way just to find it. I love pasta too. My favorite dish is Pasta Carbonara, but done in a traditional this-recipe-is-a-family-secret way. I've never tried carbonara the way my dad is capable of making it. 3nodding

As for sushi, I have tied it, but never really took to it. I'm not a sea food person, apparently. My grandmother cooks fish a lot, so I can remember her trying to teach me to love it, but it never stuck with me.

We did end up shearing today. By late this afternoon the sun had dried the animals out, so we did about three hours worth. (A small day, but who cares seeing as we weren't really planning on doing them in the first place?)

A discussion with a friend the other day lead to an interesting question. I've asked a couple of different people and they have all come back with remarkably different answers. I always assumed christmas traditions were pretty standard for every family, and that we were a bit weird, but apparently not. When you're with family, how do you celebrate christmas? Do you do the whole open presents super early thing? Do you have to wait for one another? Is there a fancy dinner? That kind of thing.

XD, I've actually been recommended to a few contests by my English teachers for some of my poetry, so I'd like to think I'm good at it lol.

I'm not gonna lie, I have never heard of Pasta Carbonara, I just Googled it and it looks delicious, I now have a quest for this weekend.

How I spend Christmas depends on what side of the family I'm with (My mom and dad had me out of wedlock, and after a few custody battles, we ended up switching back and forth who had me for Christmas for a few years.) If I'm with my dad's side, who are very religious and prude, they would usually try and drag me to church and we would have a lunch feast to go along with the present opening. We stopped doing this about six years back and just had a lunch feast after we opened presents, no church involved.

If I'm with my mom's side, we usually wait until everyone wakes up, which means that my sisters wake up early, along with my mom, and they start making breakfast, I smell the bacon and the coffee and somehow manage to rouse myself. We have breakfast and then open presents with coffee. The only sort of tradition we do is that we have one person, usually my little sister who acts as "The Yule King's Helper" and passes out the presents to who ever it belongs to. We then all wait as that person opens their present and we take pictures. Repeat until underside of tree is empty.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:43 pm
Jonstalker62

XD, I've actually been recommended to a few contests by my English teachers for some of my poetry, so I'd like to think I'm good at it lol.

I'm not gonna lie, I have never heard of Pasta Carbonara, I just Googled it and it looks delicious, I now have a quest for this weekend.

How I spend Christmas depends on what side of the family I'm with (My mom and dad had me out of wedlock, and after a few custody battles, we ended up switching back and forth who had me for Christmas for a few years.) If I'm with my dad's side, who are very religious and prude, they would usually try and drag me to church and we would have a lunch feast to go along with the present opening. We stopped doing this about six years back and just had a lunch feast after we opened presents, no church involved.

If I'm with my mom's side, we usually wait until everyone wakes up, which means that my sisters wake up early, along with my mom, and they start making breakfast, I smell the bacon and the coffee and somehow manage to rouse myself. We have breakfast and then open presents with coffee. The only sort of tradition we do is that we have one person, usually my little sister who acts as "The Yule King's Helper" and passes out the presents to who ever it belongs to. We then all wait as that person opens their present and we take pictures. Repeat until underside of tree is empty.

That does sound remarkably like our christmas traditions. Mum's a nurse, this is the first christmas when she hasn't worked christmas eve or christmas night. (She does night duty) The rules go: Santa stockings are allowed to be opened as soon as you're awake. You're only allowed to eat one chocolate before breakfast. Then, because mum needs to sleep, we cook a fancy breakfast (rather than a dinner), eat, clean, and gather around the christmas tree. My sister made it her job to hand out the presents one at a time when she was about seven and has kept the job since. (Dad used to do it.) Normally dad stands around and takes photos as we go, and mum puts on these god awful old christmas carols I don't think I'll ever forget, no matter how hard I try. =.= Then mum goes to sleep, dad sits back down at the computor, and us kids make ourselves scarce. And never shall the words 'I'm bored' echo through our corridors.

Carbonara is best eaten almost as soon as it's ready. It's a very tricky dish to nail, even high class restraunts seem to have trouble with it. It has a lot of cheese in it, which can easily be overdone. It also has a lot of cream. Between those two ingrediants, letting the dish cool is a bad idea. ^.^ Okay. For now, my brain has run out of questions to ask.  

PaperSongs

PaperSongs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:21 am
Oh here's one! What's with the username? hahaha xp  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items