Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1] Stop Trying to Hit me and Hit me (Xiu/Shun) FIN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kaiyumi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 pm
"I-I know, but..." But she never expected to go all out on someone who she did care about. It was one thing to attack Hunters--she wouldn't hesitate to exploit their weaknesses if it would save anyone--but Shun?

Still, he was right. Not only would Titus exploit his weaknesses, but the Hunters too. Xiu took a deep breath, and then nodded. "Alright. I...er. I'm sorry, aniki."

Concentrating on what she knew of Shun and what she could draw from her surroundings, the baku focused on creating a figure--no, two figures. One was a little hazy--a tall, dark figure of Shun's father--and the other was a smaller, white figure who was kneeling on the ground and clutching her arms around herself. She seemed to be in pain.

It was pretty clear that Xiu went right for the two people who Shun felt most strongly about, but in opposite ways.

User ImageHP: 34
Damage: 4

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:02 pm
Shun's eyes narrowed at Xiu's hesitation, though his expression softened with her apology. Shaking his head, he was about to continue his assault making another swipe at the Baku, but pause as something caught his attention. The images of his father and Mitsu had appeared within the dojo, and it looked the girl had been harmed by the older Reaper.

"Mitsu..." he uttered while staring at the two. For a moment, he forgot this was a dream, and it seemed that it had effectively distracted him from Xiu for the time being.

With the two there, his subconcious began to do its work.

"Do you truly think you can protect her? Pathetic. Why would you wish to protect what is only a weakness?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.HP: 29
Damage: 1

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 3 Total: 10 (2-16)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:40 pm
Xiu focused on "building" Mitsu and Shun's father, leaving it up to Shun's own conscience to voice the characters as she focused on making them as life-like as possible. However, there was a slight flicker in the images as the baku turned to look at Shun, her voice taking a sharp turn in an attempt to get him to snap out of it.

"Focus!"

User ImageHP: 31
Damage: 4

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-8)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:20 pm
"Sh-Shun.. please.."

"Destroy your weaknesses. Get rid of that which makes you soft!"

Stunned by this, Shun stared at the two figures, unsure what to do. Though, Xiu's voice cut in sharply, which brought his attention back to the Baku. Focus. Focus. Right. He had to focus.

And that was exactly what he did. He concentrated on Xiu, trying to pinpoint weak points on her body.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.HP: 25
Damage: n/a

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-16)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:40 pm
Good, it seemed like he was paying attention. Would he be able to fight with an obvious distraction? Xiu lifted a hand, giving a little flick of her finger. Suddenly, the voices of both apparitions grew louder. The pleads for help, and the cold, cruel words echoed around them.

Taking her chance, Xiu swung her fist forward--was Shun paying enough attention to her, his current opponent? She felt her attack graze him, and then stumbled past, a wave of dizziness momentarily coming over her. She clutched at her head, but the sensation disappeared as quickly as it came.

...Looked like she wasn't really used to her manipulation powers yet. Or at least, there was an obvious limit on what she could do.

Damage: 2

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 1 Total: 3 (2-16)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:03 pm
Seeing Xiu throw the punch, Shun backed up to avoid the brunt of the blow. He was just about to strike back when he heard Mitsu scream. Freezing in place, he turned to the side to see her bleeding on the ground with his father standing over her.

"If you don't... I will" he said coldly.

"Mitsu!" the Reaper cried out, looking rather dismayed. This wasn't really happening. He kept reminding himself that his wasn't really happening. But that didn't make him feel all that much better.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.HP: 23
Damage: n/a

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 am
Still clutching at her head, the baku decided that it would be best to stop attacking for now, and to focus her attention on the illusion. She wasn't sure if she could do both at the same time without wearing herself out too quickly, so it only seemed logical to sacrifice the one of lesser importance right now.

"Aniki, find something--anything--that might help you differentiate the two in front of two from the real ones!" While Xiu would have ordinarily told Shun to ignore them, she realized now that that wasn't good advice. Maybe not in a dream world, but what would happen if someone were to use such an illusion while the real Mitsu was around? It would be a great deal of trouble if Shun allowed himself to get distracted because he couldn't tell them apart.

There was a pause, and then she lifted her hand. "Focus on what's important: if you're being surrounded by illusions...who is it that you have to attack?"

Damage: --

Blade Kuroda rolled 9 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 3, 4 Total: 22 (9-36)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:03 am
And just like that, Shun saw his father raise his weapons before bringing it down onto Mitsu, sending a spray of blood everywhere. There was no sound in the room apart from her scream.

"NO!" he shouted before rushing at his father. Before he could reach him, the image of the older Reaper faded. He was untouchable. Mitsu, though, remained in a bloody heap on the ground. Staring down at her form, it seemed that he didn't really hear what Xiu had said, but he soon turned his attention to her anyway.

"You... You brought him here," he hissed, seemingly lost within the dream right now. Soon he vanished into a puff of smoke, only to reappear numerous times to strike at the Baku. Despite the fact that he still had her weakpoints in mind, he was a little too distraught. His lucidity wavered, making him less effective over all.

Damage: 11 damage (10.5 rounded up)

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:55 pm
Xiu was too slow to dodge the attack, and she held her arms over her head in a futile attempt to protect herself. Less effective or not, the blows were not light ones for the baku.

Fortunately, she managed to wrench herself back and out of his reach. Her gaze flickered towards the reaper's eyes, and she noticed how his lucidity seemed to be fading. That wasn't good. What could she do to prevent that? If she didn't do something quick--a sharp action, some kind of sudden pain--then his mind might drift off.

...What did they do in those movies again when they wanted to "wake up" someone? Ah, right.

The baku suddenly brought her hand across Shun's cheek, her own cheeks puffed out in a disapproving expression. "Don't forget what you're trying to learn here, aniki! Stay conscious, and remember that what happened just now wasn't real."

User ImageHP: 20
Damage: --

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 4 Total: 12 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:01 pm
The sudden slap had caught him off guard. Reeling back a bit, Shun shook his head before staring at Xiu. Wait. What? Managing to get a grip back on this reality, he realized what it was she was trying to tell him. Right. This was a dream. Mitsu did not just get cut down by his father.

"Right.. I'm sorry," he said while putting a hand to his head. The image still disturbed him obviously.

"Next time.. don't do that. Titus sure as hell wouldn't snap me out of anything if I get lost," he frowned before sending spinning blades from the fabric of his dream flying towards the Baku.

Damage: 6

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 pm
She waved off his apology. "If there's anyone who should apologize, it should be me. I...I didn't want to do that, but..." Trailing off, she shook her head. She wasn't sure if it had helped, but hopefully Shun had gotten something out of that!

"And I know that Titus wouldn't, but...we're just practicing, right? If I call things to your attention, then maybe you'll be more aware of them in the future!" That was her reasoning, at least. Before she could say more, Shun had lunged forward to attack. Xiu lifted her arms to protect herself as best as she could, and then gave him a small shove to push him away.

User ImageHP: 14
Damage: 1

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:30 pm
"If I fail, it's my own weakness. Our enemies will have no mercy. Practice or not, I expect you to have none for me here either," Shun said lowly, "Don't hold back. If I'm down, strike."

His old ways of training were shining through here. When it came to fights, he usually wasn't told what he did wrong until after the fact. His father and the others expected him to pick up his own mistakes and when he didn't, he often paid for it hard.

After being pushed back, he lunged forth to strike again.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.HP: 22
Damage: lol damage?

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-16)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:48 pm
"Y-yes, okay." Xiu took a deep breath, and then gave a brisk nod of her head. This was just the dream world. Neither of them were really going to get hurt--not physically, at least. Their bodies were still safe in the waking world. And as for their mental health...

W-well, while it wasn't impossible that someone's mind could be seriously played with in such a circumstance, Xiu was (fortunately) not nearly strong enough (or willing) to do anything drastic.

"I'm serious about fighting you, aniki. I promise." She dodged the lunge and swung her own fist out, but her attack missed.

User ImageHP: 14
Damage:

Blade Kuroda rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:12 pm
"Good."

It was all Shun had to say as he stepped to the side of Xiu's punch. He used that moment to also shift in, turning his body slightly to drive his dagger into her torso.

He never took it easy on others if he could help it. Mitsu and Xiu were no exceptions for this rule.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.HP: 22
Damage: 8

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-16)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:56 pm
Xiu let out a sharp gasp as the dagger was driven into her stomach, and she jerked backwards to get free, her hand clutched over her "wound". As much as it hurt, she knew that she wasn't bleeding--not truly, at least--but the pain was still there. Though it would probably fade with some time, Xiu couldn't bring herself to move quite yet, so she turned her focus to the illusions again.

If Shun were to turn around, he would find the figure of his father beginning to form again, looming over the dream Mitsu's body. The question was: would the reaper allow himself to be pulled into this illusion again?

User ImageHP: 6
Damage: Miss

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas