Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Times Forever :D

Back to Guilds

A place to hang out and have fun. 

Tags: roleplaying, happy, time, chat, cats 

Reply Happy Time Roleplaying Grave D: (tribute to finished RPs)
The Trans-Dimensional Colosseum (Sleeping) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I baked you a pie. Ooh boy, what flavor?
  Fruit
  Meat
  Chocolate
  Pie flavor. *baooooow*
View Results

transformersgirl13

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:12 pm
Alothus looked at the man whom had talked, "Lets hope, Evangeline does make a lovely meal..." he turned his attention to the other door as it suddenly swung open, Alothus leaped to his feet and gave off a growl that shook the very core of most of the fighters, and the room. his entire body was tensed, yet the only thing standing in the doorway was a stone angel...

Alpha had been wandering through the hallways when he came upon the doors with the new fighters in it, he had paused for a moment to listen and decided to enter once he figured the Champion was in the room. Oh how he loved to mess with the Champion, and better to let the new comers of his presence sooner than later. He pushed the door open and was quantum locked when Alothus looked at him, but he would wait until the room had emptied to more, since he had to anyways, Angels were patient.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:59 pm
Zellik, finished with his review of the newcomers, stared long at one in particular. He could not remember properly if they had faced each other at one point, maybe they had, or maybe it had been the previous champion who had cast the man down. A good fight, he'd thought to himself at the time although now his memories did not form into anything solid. In a way, the two fighters were the same. Both with one eye, both with a lust for battle and blood, both...slaves. That unpleasant thought had him clenching his fists at remembered rage even as he gave a slight nod at the man.

"To many of you who don't know, this is the current Champion of the Arena, Zellik the Bloodtwisted," Lyall explained as the half-orc moved to the water trough paced against the wall, dipping hands in to splash water on his face. "If you make it, you will be facing him for the title." He tried not to emphasize the if in the sentence.

Droplets of dirty water glittered in the torchlight as Zellik shook his head back and forth, washing his hands once again despite the fact that he knew they'd be wet soon with more blood. "If they make it. I like that, Lyall." He chuckled deeply and turned, using his red tabard to dry off. "My guess is that only...two? three? will 'make' it. Why don't we see now?" He made as if to draw his bardiche, strapped on his back, but heard the giant lion, Alothus, growl and face the doorway. Glancing in that direction, he too had a startled reaction. With an enraged shout, he picked up a nearby stool and threw it at the stone angel standing there. It broke on the side of the doorway instead and splinters of wood glanced off of its body. "DAMN THOSE STATUES!"

"I wonder if this Evangeline is nice," Milla muttered to herself, hearing the lion mention someone's name and a meal at the same time that a wonderful scent drifted to her. Then she cringed at his growl and quickly covered her mouth with both gloved hands, forcing a frightened scream back so that only a high-pitched whine made its way out. Her eyes darted around frantically.

Lyall laughed, like a quick bark, at the various reactions to Alpha. "I thought I was missing something. That is a Weeping Angel, this one's name being Alpha. They are...the Guardians of the Colosseum. They watch the corridors and doorways making sure that nobody leaves when they think that it is safe to. So, please don't try to, or you'll get quite the fright." He didn't go on about how they moved or what they did other than watch the entrances and exits. The competitors would have to learn that themselves.  

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strifer Garuwashi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:40 pm
Olaf had traded his look with the champion, and that was enough, for now anyways. When Zellik seemed to joke about seeing who would be able to face him, his toying was quickly interrupted by the speaking lion. The roar shook the stadium, but produced not a quiver in Olaf's body posture. He was used to lion's roars, even if this one was particularly powerful over the others. Olaf had killed lions for sport, as most gladiators did in competitions. What did make him pause in his thought process was the stone angel. This was something he was unaccustomed to, for he was used to other creatures watching them. When he had been a slave, they had whipped him for no reason other than entertainment in some cases. Perhaps with out other human-eqsue beings to watch over, there would be no beatings. Only wounds received in battle. Wounds received the proper way. "This place is very interesting. I think I shall like competing here." Olaf once again spoke to no one in particular, just voicing his thoughts.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:01 pm
((had to edit it a little))

Alothus's ears only twitched slightly as Zellik threw the stool, and continued to stair at the Angel, with huge unblinking eyes. He crouched down as to pounce if the Angel tried anything. Though he knew he wouldn't as long as someone was watching it. He ignored the scream and continued to watch Alpha.

Alpha didn't, well, couldn't move as long as Alothus was watching him. "Thank you for including me, Lyall," Alpha said in a cool deep mysterious voice. He ignored another low growl from Alothus, but noted a slight scream form someone in the crowd. "And thank you too, Zellik..." He said the champions name with a hint on mockery, not only a little. "for noticing me as well... It's always a pleasure." Alpha let out a deep sinister chuckle. "Oh, i hope you do enjoy it.." He did a quick scan of the man's mind."Olaf, right? It's very fun for my brethren and I, to... Punish those whom try to escape... since Lyall doesn't seem to explain what my Brethren and i do, any questions? I do enjoy them..." That was true, he enjoined answering questions and solving puzzles about as much as bugging Zellik.  

transformersgirl13

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Strifer Garuwashi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:27 pm
Olaf smirked as the angel seemed to read his thoughts from his scrutiny. "I have one. You punish those who attempt to escape. I have come here of my own decision and will not try to escape. Will I be punished?" His one functioning eye kept upon the angel who was perhaps a mockery of a true angel. Or perhaps he was among the fallen. It was sometime difficult to tell. Perhaps there was no difference between the two to begin with. Olaf pushed the philosophical thoughts from his mind and awaited an answer from the stone creature.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 pm
Lyall gave a quick bow to Alpha at the thanks given to him. "Always a pleasure. Zellik, will you be watching the preliminaries?" This, he directed at the disgruntled half-orc who'd actually left the 'watching the Angel' job to Alothus, amazingly, and went back to washing up.

"It's not like I had a choice." Zellik replied as he blew the water that ran over his lips away with a puff of air. His mood lightened up at the refreshed feeling he felt come over him at the menial task. A grin foud its way on his face again he swept a few strands of hair to the side that had stuck to his forehead. "Maybe just a few, I want to see how some of these meatbags hold up against the bootscrubbers."  

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

transformersgirl13

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:33 am
"No." Alpha said. "We in the Colosseum only punish those whom break the rules, and the punishments can very from being ripped limb from limb to being teleported up to 500 years back in time. So you do not have to worry unless you plan on breaking a rule or two, but i wouldn't even brake even one if I was any of you..." It was the simple truth.

Alothus, still keeping his eyes on Alpha, got back on his ledge, and laid down. Keeping a trained eye on Alpha. He let you another slight yawn as he listened to Lyall and Zellik talk, still looking at the Angel.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 pm
(( the moment I don't get on all weekend everyone posts XD ))

Evangeline's eye only slightly twitched when Alothus' roar made some of the soup spill out of the pot. The liquid stopped mid air before time seemed to reverse as it went back in. Not a single spot spilled. She clapped and smiled to herself, even when Alpha's presence seemed not too far. She heard mumbled voices from the other side of the wall, and the conversations seemed serious. Evangeline couldn't mistake the Alpha's voice. One voice in particular stuck out to her, but she didn't know who it was. She wished she could join the warriors but she couldn't leave her knives in action. There was no telling what they would "run" off to do. Evangeline giggled at the thought.  

Rayne Engel
Captain

Hallowed Rogue

7,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:42 pm
Lyall cleared his throat a little impatiently when Alpha finished his sentence. As much as he felt it was a wonderful learning experience to the competitors, they couldn't spend all] day talking. They could do that after showing off their fighting prowess. He glanced down at the paper he still held, a little crumpled where his fingers had unconsciously gripped it tighter than he'd intended. "The first match will be Olaf One-Eye against Ash'va, a Naga sorceress. She'll already be out in the ring waiting for you when you leave the room."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:35 pm
Olaf's smirk quickly turned into a smile as the angel spoke, and when his announcement of fighting was made. He nodded at Lyall, then turned to the angel for one final word in the argument. "If you punish only for a reason, then you are better than the one who was previously my owner, and the other arena of which I was champion." His eye that lack sight winked in an eerie fashion, bringing the scar on his eye to a single line for a moment, then separating it again as he began to walk towards the door. A sorceress was not the preferred fight, but nothing Olaf had not dealt with. Olaf pulled the trident off of the makeshift holder that was upon his back, and undid the net that had been tied around his waist in a skirt-like fashion when not in battle. He had purchased a new net before coming to this world, as the previous colosseum he had fought at already knew the proper weight and length that he was accustomed with.

Olaf took the spear in his right hand ensuring that it would always be in his vision, and let the net slide across the ground as he walked in his left hand. The closer he drew to the door, the more he could hear the crowd's roar. The familiar sound brought his blood to a boil, which in turn made the smile on his face grow slightly larger, as though showing true joy. The fighting was a great mental battle as well as physical. There was no truer test of mettle then the battles in a confined place like the ring. Olaf kicked the door open, the roar of the crowd growing even louder as he stepped into the ring, his arms raised at their cheers. He turned to view the crowd for a second before looking at his opponent. Her upper body would have been attractive under most normal circumstances, but when one looked down tot he serpentine tail that completed her it removed all charm. At least for Olaf. Ash'va gave Olaf a cruel look, which was formed with a equally devilish smile. She was not here to play games, and neither was he. Olaf settled into a low crouch, the trident arm out stretched a little in front of his body and the net arm a little behind, then began to take a slow side step to his right.

Strifer Garuwashi

transformersgirl13

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:53 pm
((had to edit it a smidge))
"I'm glad." Alpha said as Olaf gave his wink left, but was sure that either Olaf didn't hear him or Alpha had been ignored, but it didn't bother Alpha. He had other things to do. "Now, Alothus, Zellik, Lyall if you'll excuse me, i have things to do." and with that Alpha allowed a flash bang to go off, and with that he moved out of the door frame, stalking down the hall.

Alothus's ear had only twitched when Olaf's name had been called apposed to his, yet Alothus know his time would come soon. The great Lion couldn't help but blink when Alpha said he had to go, but the second the flash bang went off Alothus practically fell from his ledge shaking his head to and fro trying to regain his sight he roared loud enough for a good layer of dust to fall from the roof. When he regained his sight finally he made a move as to go after Alpha but stopped and growled instead. He'd get in some major trouble if he did that. So he glared instead.

Rivera had been walking with an angel when she heard Alothus. "Oh, Sahara, take me to him so I can... see what the fuss is about." both she and the female angel gave small laughs and Sahara led her to the room, but Sahara stayed out of sight of the door as not to be seen. "Alothus? what's the fuss over? Alpha being mean to you again?" Rivera said as she stood in the doorway, and smile on her face, he gave her head a slight toss and her hood fell back to reveal her dark shoulder length hair. She felt Alothus's cold nose and he touched her hand and led her to his ledge where she sat. "So, what I miss? Noobs? Figured as much, and what of Zellik? Did he win?" She smile stayed as she spoke of the champion if not got slightly bigger..  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:25 pm
Milla held back another screech at the sudden bright flash in the room, as it had frightened her. Many of the others in the room gave her a strange look. She knew that up to that point she'd only been seen as a weak female. "Maybe that's true, if I start to that that, too." she mumbled to herself. Everyone else looked quite formidable to her, even Alothus the lion.

Lyall had closed his eyes a second before Alpha's flash bang, most likely hidden in the folds of the angel's robe and activated secretly. At least, that's what he assumed due to the creatures' strange ability of freezing in place upon sight. One had to have some way to escape.

"Damn those statues." Zellik swore again, and rubbed at the bright spots of color floating in his vision. Once, he had tried to kill one of the accursed things. Needless to say, it had not worked, not even the warhammer belonging to another warrior that he'd snuck off with in an attempt to smash the lurking angels. They bugged him to no end, it seemed. But despite his impaired vision and annoyed mood, he ambled over to the wall and reached out with one hand. At his touch, the solidity of the dull brown bricks looked as if it disappeared, or became more transparent even though it was still thick. Seeing as there were no windows to watch from and at the moment he could not watch from the stands, Zellik had requested such magic to be cast on the wall so as to watch any fights from that room, and this one with Olaf sounded fairly promising.

He almost made a comment on the matter but stopped himself short at the voice of Rivera. A current fighter in the Colosseum, not one of the newbies, who'd been injured in a match and was still recovering from the mercy that had been shown to her. He bore no ill feelings towards her, even commending her a few times on tricks she'd played on her opponents, but there was also a nagging feeling that he often found himself wondering about.

"What are you doing here?" Lyall asked the woman who'd entered, keeping the sigh out of his voice. "You should be resting in the medical ward."  

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150

Strifer Garuwashi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:11 pm
As Olaf continued his circle, slowly but surely drawing closer to his opponent the naga also obliged in a circular movement, but instead of moving slowly closer towards him, she kept going around staying the same distance apart as she had been. At least his opponent realized part of fighting in the games was the show, and something that helped the show was anticipation. In one moment her face contorted inhumanly as she let out a bark of what may have been laughter, but was more of an inhuman yell. Her black eyes focused upon the being before her before she raised a clawed hand and screamed as a ball of flame appeared in her hand. She threw it towards Olaf, to which he dove forward, but also to his right. Not only did this allow him to dodge the flame as it flew past him and harmlessly into the wall, but it drew him closer.

Olaf landed on his hands, making sure to hold his grip on his weapons as he tumbled in a somersault. He pushed off at the end of the roll, which allowed him to land back upon his feet. The naga let out a hiss of displeasure and another ball of flame appeared in the same clawed hand, but this time she raised her free hand to point at Olaf. Her toungue dangled from her mouth as ice shot forth from her hand, freezing the ground in front of Olaf, giving him nowhere to dodge to effectively. One with so much range was a difficult opponent for Olaf, but he had to force her to tire, or to move. A quick contemplation ended in one result.

Olaf reversed the grip on his trident as he brought his hand back towards his ear, then threw the trident with all his strength at Ash'va. The three pronged spear whistled and spun as it flew through the air with amazing speed. The serpentine creature panicked, stopped her ice spell and threw her ball of flame in the direction of the spear as she slithered to her left. The ball of flame missed its target, but it was no matter as the trident missed as well. The flame erupted on the wall again, and the trident stuck to the wall behind where Ash'va had been. The crowd roared with pleasure as they had seen what Olaf's plan had been.

The serpentine creature had been focused on the trident that when it had dodged the attack it had failed to notice that Olaf had taken off in a sprint in the direction he assumed that she would moved to, which happened to be a correct guess as he went around the ice path. Olaf has already drawn the gladius on his left hip with his right hand, and before the naga noticed she was going towards him, the net was already spinning over his head. She gathered more magic in her hand, but this only prompted Olaf to throw the net at her, the weights on the end allowing it to fly directly at her. A hiss of displeasure was produced as she stopped her slither and was forced to throw the spell at the net. The two met and the flames bounced off the net to the sand, which stopped the net from flying towards her as it fell uselessly to the ground, but it did not stop Olaf's advance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:35 pm
((had to edit something))
"Should I? Should I...?" She appeared to have a very thoughtful look tapping her chin, then she gasped and snapped her fingers. "I SHOULD!! Woops..." She laughed, shrugged and patted Alothus's head. "I must have forgotten again." Though her grin said she didn't. "Oh well... To late now." She looked in the direction of the 'window' when she heard the roar of the crowd. "Huh? Oh, a fight must have started."

Alothus chuckled, both at Lyall's and Rivera's comments. "Aye, he won, but is choosing to be silent as to watch the new match." Alothus gave Zellik a wink as Rivera nodded. "And you SHOULD be resting, it not good for you to--"

Rivera cut him off. "It's not good for me to sit around, i'm an active person, and sitting, not being about to do anything, let alone read, angers me." She loved to read. "Besides the Angels help me when it's needed, but they have learned that taking me back is pointless since i just leave again anyways, since they're is no law against leaving the Medical ward they can't punish me for it, besides, Sahara likes to walk with me." Sahara was the second in command Angel. "So hush, both of you, as you can see i'm fine and in no need of major help, when I am, I'll go back..." With that she ended the conversation.

Alothus just chuckled.  

transformersgirl13

Fanatical Zealot

6,825 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ty Gwynnia
Vice Captain

Beloved Dark Elf

10,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 pm
Lyall shook his head in reluctant resignation. "Very well, Rivera. You're just in time to listen to the first new competitor in action."

"Your pelt will make a nice addition to the mess hall's decorations." Zellik growled in response to Alothus's wink, displeased at his presence being revealed to the blind woman. He turned his blazing eye on the giant lion for a moment to further voice his threat before returning to the enchanted wall-window.

He watched the fighter and the magic-user circle each other for a bit, watching the other's careful movements as strategies no doubt formed in their minds. Then they engaged in battle, the crowd's noise increasing as always. Because of the sorceress's particular fighting style, she had to keep her distance from Olaf, and the champion was a little glad of the appropriate response to the spells cast at the other man. As he continued to look in on the match, he realized with a smile that he would have been sorely disappointed if Olaf had rushed in recklessly and hadn't anticipated the naga's quick thinking and even quicker magic preparation.

Happy Time Roleplaying Grave D: (tribute to finished RPs)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games