Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Movie
Movie News Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:28 am
If MI turns out as well as well as hunger games, I will be happy. OMG HUNGER GAMES WAS AMAZING!! >.< Effie trinket what a b***h o_o  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:19 am
So here's some pretty big news: the MI movie has an official release date! August 23, 2013! I'm so excited, I can't wait. I wanna buy my ticket right now because I know at roughly 10pm Thursday August 22, 2013 I will be waiting in line at the theater downtown to see this movie!! GAH! This makes me extremely happy! biggrin  

netherfreak
Captain

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:51 pm
Nice big juice movie news is here people!! Isabelle Lightwood now has a face! And body. A gorgeous French actress by the name of Jemima West. I've never seen her in anything, but I've heard very positive things.

Additionally, it's sounding like we have an Alec, too. Cassie didn't say who, but he's a well known dark haired British actor. That's all I know. She wasn't allowed to post more than that because there might be scheduling conflicts. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon.

I'm so excited!! Let the 'SQUEEEEE's begin?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:33 pm
So, slow and steady wins the race? Casting info is trickling in no where near fast enough in my opinion. However, there is hope. Blackwell and Pangborn have been found! It took me a while to remember who these characters were since they're minor bad guys, but I'm happy. Anyway, Pangborn will be played by Kevin Durand (X-men Origins: Wolverine, Lost) and Blackwell is Robert Maillet (Sherlock Holmes, Immortals). Personally, I think Durand is an awesome bad guy and am glad he's a part of the cast. That being said, I know this isn't the news we really want, but it's something. Hopefully this can tide everyone over until we get more predominant casting information.  

netherfreak
Captain

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 pm
MORE NEWS!! Their really rolling the casting news now. WOOHOO!!! Anyway, we now have a Simon. His name is Robert Sheehan (Misfits) and he's Irish, but he has a great American accent. Also, I watched a clip of an interview with him and he's funny and sarcastic and random and just completely Simon. I've never seen him actually act except for a little clip, but he was good. I also heard he, Lily, and Jamie all connected really well. So, yeah, I'm happy, how about you?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:46 pm
More casting news!! Finally!! We have Jocelyn, Hodge, and MAGNUS!!! Lena Headey (Game of Thrones) is Jocelyn, Jared Harris (Mad Men, Sherlock Holmes) as Hodge, and the SMOKING Godfrey Gao for the Magnificent Magnus Bane. I'm so ready for this to start filming! Cassie has nothing but amazing things to say about all these new cast members, check out her tumblr for her opinion on them.  

netherfreak
Captain

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:37 pm
More casting news!! With filming LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY we're getting really close to having all our main casting. As mintiswirl so kindly posted, we have our Alec, Kevin Zegers. There's also Aidan Turner(Being Human) as Luke. CCH Pounder (Warehouse 13) is Madame Dorothea. Finally, Stephen R. Hart (Silent Hill) is Brother Jeremiah. I don't know anything about any of these actors nor have I ever seen them act, but as far as Hart for Brother Jeremiah is concerned, he's creepiness will work well as a silent brother.

I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been any news about Valentine or Raphael, but I imagine we'll here something soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:21 pm
Apparently, ask and you shall receive. In my last post I mentioned Valentine and Raphael not being cast yet. Now, we have someone for Valentine and a rumor for Raphael. Jonathan Rhys Meyers (The Tudors, August Rush) is Valentine. Personally, I think he's too young and I can't imagine him with white hair, but I'll hold other remarks until the movie comes out. As for Raphael, Aldo Quintino is rumored to be the pain in the a** vampire. I'm not familiar with anything he's done, so I can't judge him either. Anyway, we're getting pretty close to a full cast and that's definitely a good thing with the film date a little over a week away.  

netherfreak
Captain

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:21 am
No casting news, BUT some good movie related stuff. There is an OFFICIAL MI Movie site! Nothing major on it yet, but I'm excited to see how it develops as the movie starts filming. Here's the link to the website, so check it out! Hopefully we'll hear about Raphael and Alaric soon.  
Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff