Ailinea
He's about 16-17 lbs, about 3 years old. He loves to climb rocks and jump, and he every so often gets an itch to run like a maniac, but mostly he's really laid back. His energy has definitely increased since I put him on a raw diet though, so he might be able to handle it. He's just a terrible listener lol. I guess with time and training that will change. How much do agility classes run, how much time did you guys generally take before getting into trials and such? What's the hardest part of agility training?

Firstly adorable pupper <3

My girl's the same way. She's extremely laid back when she was a puppy she was insane, but now that she's 6 going on 7 she's definately calmed(she actually stopped being an insane crazy thing when she was around 2-3) down and is more inclined to sit on the sofa and chill then run around like her idiot brother(no offense to Bo or anything razz ). But litterally at class she's a completely different dog. She knows when it's time to go to agility and the second I even walk near where I keep her leash she perks up and is ready to go. Then when we get into the car it's whine all the way there then jump out and drag me inside.

If you want a little more practice as far as obedience you could always do an OB class before starting agility. The only OB class we did was this one petsmart class way abck when we frist adopted her. After our bad experience I just started training her on my own, but I've found an awesome facility where I plan to take my next pup for OB, Rally, and confo classes.

It depends on the facility you go to. Some even offer discounts for junior handlers(sadly ours doesn't *sniff*). Anywho our classes are $150 for 8 weeks. So far I've spent about $450 in the way of classes (yikes). We've been training for upwards 2-3 years now. I spent the first few years training on my own just fooling around with equiment at home and we finally started formal classes last september and then we had our first trial last week. I've been talking to a lot of people and I hear 18 months is generally a good timeline, but of course that's not always the case. guess it depends on the dog and what not. Then there's always run throughs/fun matches you can go to, but it's always good to do a few trials here and there because it's good experience for you and the dog...

The hardest part for me is the handling. My handling epically fails...