Kill shelter
  No kill shelter
  Animal cops
  Adoption fee
  Other - Specify
View Results

Zella L.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:50 pm
I'd be happy to give her the info, but what do you suppose she'd do with it?

The fact that she so angrily demanded that I tell her the address, while refusing to tell me what she plans on doing with it makes me extremely wary.

I don't mean to make you a middle man or anything, that's just what I'm thinking. If someone's going over there, for all I know the crazy lady might just let all the rabbits go, or attack someone, or target me.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:58 am
Ah, yes, I understand. She can be a bit... brazen at times, which is one reason why we don't get along. Once she sets her mind on something, she gets very into solving the problem. I can totally understand being stand-offish, and I'm sorry I put you in that situation. I honestly thought it would have been a better interaction. sad

Perhaps instead of giving her the info (which is understandable since, well, this is the internet), you can contact a few agencies she recommended.

North Hills Rabbit Rescue

Mary Cummins, Animal Advocates

I follow Mary on Facebook and YouTube, and while she is pretty busy with other legal things right now, she is very passionate about helping animals, plus she has some of the most adorable videos on YouTube of her animals.

Both organizations may be able to help you find a way to mediate the situation or come to a more desirable conclusion for all parties involved instead of euthanasia. Give them a call or contact, and best of luck to you!  

Ailinea

Zella L.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:44 pm
not your fault it didn't go well, but I just want to know what they'd do with the info. Thanks for your help so far!
Well, I've already contacted a local rabbit shelter, but they only said that there was nothing they could do (and this friend of mine should be shot.) Maybe I'll try Mary Cummins.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 pm
So...SOMEONE...commandeered 11 rabbits and found homes for them. This someone isn't sure how to feel about that number philosophically.  

Zella L.

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:47 am
Oh man. I thought it was over.
They were all to be taken and killed a few weeks ago. You can request euthanasia for some reason when Animal Services takes them.
I went to their house to confirm it and I saw this.

User Image

This means that 1. a few are still alive of course and 2. Animal services came and, I guess approved of this.

So my question is, do you guys think they will be ok? I move out of this valley every summer in part because it is FAR too hot. We're talking 110F+ on a good day. No way I would hang out outside with a fur coat on.

So my concerns are that they'll be suffer horribly in the heat and also that they'll breed and start over. Would animal services allow this? Perhaps they only took the animals that were sick enough for them to legally kill? Or maybe they only left animals of one sex?  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff