Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
What zodiac sign are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which does your sigh fall under?
  Cardinal
  Mutable
  Fixed
View Results

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:28 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
Hey guys, I'm a bull and a rooster. (Resists I LIKE c**k joke)
*snickers*

But just fyi, people actually have 3 zodiac signs. A solar sign, lunar sign, and a rising sign. This totals up to 1728 different combinations, which, in the field of astrology, gives a much more reasonable mix to it. (I don't believe it all, but it's REALLY interesting to study.) Your solar sign, often called your sun sign, is the one we all know. I'm a Taurus. It (supposedly) gives the basics of your overall persona. Your lunar sign relates to your inner feelings, how you see yourself, etc. I'm a Cancer there. And the rising sign delegates how you interact with others, and how they percieve you. I'm a Libra rising.
And actually, it's REALLY accurate for me.
Your three signs mix to make the person you are. Some signs take more dominance over you. For instance, an astrologer would say that my lunar sign, Cancer, is what delegates my life the most. Like when I had my last crush. Taurus sun sign and Libra rising would both be like ASK HIM OUT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!! But Cancer is an emotional and thoughtful sign. Putting it in the lunar sign and having it being the most active in my life, the Cancer goes NO NO NO NO!! THINK IT OVER FIRST!! WHAT IF YOU GET HURT??
So really you could say that there are an infinite number of combinations, as different signs can have various amounts of hold over you. The person you are is an eclectic mix of the three signs. While I'm not saying that this makes astrology true, it sounds a lot better than THERE ARE ONLY TWELVE TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, AND EACH TYPE WAS BORN AROUND THE SAME TIME PERIOD EACH YEAR. Because that's just silly.

If you're interested in finding out your full zodiac, all three signs and an explaination of what they supposedly mean, go to this this site, click on Astrology, then Horoscopes, then General, then Free Cosmic Profile. I actually find it really fun to do. I think you need an account there to do it, but that's free and takes like a minute to set up. Or you could give me the info for you and I can do it, because I have an account and I love looking it up.
To get the full accurate information, you'll need to know your birth date, time, and location. Ask your parents if you don't know.

Thanks for listening to my long-winded rant, I hope that if you want to, you use and enjoy the site. The zodiac, believable or not, can be so interesting!

Thanks for the link. I only found out yesterday about the moon and rising sun and today that they were important (I didn't know about the natal chart until last night and did a free one).

I can give some info, I don't have an account for it. I do know that my sun is Gemini in the VIII house, my moon is Cancer in the IX house and Ascendant is Scorpio. Also know my Mars is in Cancer of the VIII house and read something today about Rahu and Ketu (shadow planets or the north and south nodes).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:55 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
SharpenedMoonlight
Hey guys, I'm a bull and a rooster. (Resists I LIKE c**k joke)
*snickers*

But just fyi, people actually have 3 zodiac signs. A solar sign, lunar sign, and a rising sign. This totals up to 1728 different combinations, which, in the field of astrology, gives a much more reasonable mix to it. (I don't believe it all, but it's REALLY interesting to study.) Your solar sign, often called your sun sign, is the one we all know. I'm a Taurus. It (supposedly) gives the basics of your overall persona. Your lunar sign relates to your inner feelings, how you see yourself, etc. I'm a Cancer there. And the rising sign delegates how you interact with others, and how they percieve you. I'm a Libra rising.
And actually, it's REALLY accurate for me.
Your three signs mix to make the person you are. Some signs take more dominance over you. For instance, an astrologer would say that my lunar sign, Cancer, is what delegates my life the most. Like when I had my last crush. Taurus sun sign and Libra rising would both be like ASK HIM OUT, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!! But Cancer is an emotional and thoughtful sign. Putting it in the lunar sign and having it being the most active in my life, the Cancer goes NO NO NO NO!! THINK IT OVER FIRST!! WHAT IF YOU GET HURT??
So really you could say that there are an infinite number of combinations, as different signs can have various amounts of hold over you. The person you are is an eclectic mix of the three signs. While I'm not saying that this makes astrology true, it sounds a lot better than THERE ARE ONLY TWELVE TYPES OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD, AND EACH TYPE WAS BORN AROUND THE SAME TIME PERIOD EACH YEAR. Because that's just silly.

If you're interested in finding out your full zodiac, all three signs and an explaination of what they supposedly mean, go to this this site, click on Astrology, then Horoscopes, then General, then Free Cosmic Profile. I actually find it really fun to do. I think you need an account there to do it, but that's free and takes like a minute to set up. Or you could give me the info for you and I can do it, because I have an account and I love looking it up.
To get the full accurate information, you'll need to know your birth date, time, and location. Ask your parents if you don't know.

Thanks for listening to my long-winded rant, I hope that if you want to, you use and enjoy the site. The zodiac, believable or not, can be so interesting!

Thanks for the link. I only found out yesterday about the moon and rising sun and today that they were important (I didn't know about the natal chart until last night and did a free one).

I can give some info, I don't have an account for it. I do know that my sun is Gemini in the VIII house, my moon is Cancer in the IX house and Ascendant is Scorpio. Also know my Mars is in Cancer of the VIII house and read something today about Rahu and Ketu (shadow planets or the north and south nodes).

Hmmm...well since you know your three signs, you know the basics. The only further thing I could do would be to bring up those same three signs by typing in your info and getting a few pages of info about it. But you could probably do that youself just by googling "Gemini sun sign", "Cancer moon sign", and "Scorpio rising sign"
But I can try to give you the basics.

Hmm...
Gemini are ruled by Mercury, and represent communication. There are different types. Actually it doesn't necessarily mean you're a partier and social butterfly (but occasionally it does). More often than not, a Gemini actually has trouble in some social aspects, but then has some others where they just excel and shine. (Acting, any art, a specific locataion or media, etc) I don't really remember the other details, I'd have to look it up.
Cancer are emotional creatures, so having it in your lunar (like me!) means you can be very nurturing and protective. This can mean to people in general, or, more likely, to only specific people. While you're not harsh to others, you care about a specific group and want to protect them. Probably. And you internalize issues because you worry. Again, I'm not 100% sure, I'm not really an expert on it. I can ask my friend sometime.
Scorpio...oh boy. Scorpios are fun. And confusing. Scorpios are a very sensual and intelligent sign, but there are different aspects. A Scorpio represents personal evolution. The first stage of Scorpio (the scorpion) is as a very self oriented person. Not a mean or inconsiderate person, but they want it now, and they'll work to get it. They also can be manipulative, though not always in a bad way. The second stage (eagle) is when you care about others. You retain your own personality and wants, but it's more of seeing everyone as a group. And the third stage (dove) is...altruistic...or something. I don't really remember and I have to leave for class. You just happened to have 2 of the signs I'm least familiar with...I could look later.

I have no idea why I rant so much about this...  

SharpenedMoonlight

dragkin

Girl-Crazy Romantic

14,050 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:12 am
i'm a taurus and a rat, both of which are pretty fitting. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:35 am
All I know is that I'm a Cancer, and I think I'm a monkey? Or I was born in the year of the monkey, or something that has to do with a monkey xD

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:49 am
I'm Gemini (The tTwins) and the Rat.

Beliefs on Gemini- Great friends, they don't judge easily, Trusting, all around good people (I may be wrong on that but whatever.)

Rat~ I can't remember everything. I just remember that there is a LOT about them, highly honored animal.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:45 pm
All I know is Gemini and Horse...
Don't pay attention to it much  

SeeStars

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:21 pm
I actually had an account opened up on the astrology website... sweatdrop Who would have though that would have come in handy.

My Sun sign is Taurus in the 9th degree. It's actually very fitting for me. Though I prefer being peaceful and tend to be very at ease with most things going on around me. I do tend to be stubborn and, if someone pushes me enough, though it takes a long time to do so, I will snap at them. Of course, Tauruses do have redeeming qualities. We are very determined people and tend to reach out goals through said characteristic, rather than by being speedy.

My Moon sign is Virgo in the 24th degree. This also, surprisingly, fits me incredibly well! I'm very tough on myself and I tend to pick on small things that I don't do correctly. So I'm very self-critical. Virgos in this sign are described to seem prudish, but, when the romantic feeling are released (Virgos in this sign are said to be rather discriminating, I assume on romantic partners), Virgos can be very passionate. Surprisingly enough, that fits me really well.

My Rising Sun sign is also Virgo, but in the 14th degree. Those born in this sign tend to be very cautious around new people and scenarios. It's a modest and cautious sign, and we can come across as modest people. I tend to be told I'm very modest, so I can safely assume I also fit this sign very well. These Virgos love helping others and are more than willing to offer a helping hand. This also fits me. These Virgos also tend to nit-pic their appearance and behavior. More so than they need to be, for it's often over things small, little details people won't really notice. I'm guilty of that as well.

I would say that this over all view is very fitting. In fact, I think it hits the nail on the head. Nearly all of the traits and characteristics mentioned fit me very well. There's another website, which doesn't require you to sign up, and offers you even more information on your astrological sign. If you're interested in it, it's called Astrolabe.

My Chinese Zodiac is the Rat, who are considered somewhat greedy. While I do like earning money, I wouldn't say it fits me very well. I'm not one to use my charm to get the things I want.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:18 pm
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
I actually had an account opened up on the astrology website... sweatdrop Who would have though that would have come in handy.

My Sun sign is Taurus in the 9th degree. It's actually very fitting for me. Though I prefer being peaceful and tend to be very at ease with most things going on around me. I do tend to be stubborn and, if someone pushes me enough, though it takes a long time to do so, I will snap at them. Of course, Tauruses do have redeeming qualities. We are very determined people and tend to reach out goals through said characteristic, rather than by being speedy.

My Moon sign is Virgo in the 24th degree. This also, surprisingly, fits me incredibly well! I'm very tough on myself and I tend to pick on small things that I don't do incorrectly. So I'm very self-critical. Virgos in this sign are described to seem prudish, but, when the romantic feeling are released (Virgos in this sign are said to be rather discriminating, I assume on romantic partners), Virgos can be very passionate. Surprisingly enough, that fits me really well.

My Rising Sun sign is also Virgo, but in the 14th degree. Those born in this sign tend to be very cautious around new people and scenarios. It's a modest and cautious sign, and we can come across as modest people. I tend to be told I'm very modest, so I can safely assume I also fit this sign very well. These Virgos love helping others and are more than willing to offer a helping hand. This also fits me. These Virgos also tend to nit-pic their appearance and behavior. More so than they need to be, for it's often over things small, little details people won't really notice. I'm guilty of that as well.

I would say that this over all view is very fitting. In fact, I think it hits the nail on the head. Nearly all of the traits and characteristics mentioned fit me very well. There's another website, which doesn't require you to sign up, and offers you even more information on your astrological sign. If you're interested in it, it's called Astrolabe.

My Chinese Zodiac is the Rat, who are considered somewhat greedy. While I do like earning money, I wouldn't say it fits me very well. I'm not one to use my charm to get the things I want.

Ooooohhh!! A double Virgo! How interesting!
I tend to think that moon signs seem to govern more (on average) than the other signs. Of course I'm completely biased, being ruled by my lunar Cancer according to astrology.
*clicks link to site*
Hmmm..fairly accurate...  

SharpenedMoonlight

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 pm
Thanks for the links and information. I read some of my stuff after doing research and oddly, a lot info contradicts itself. maybe that's why things are so confusing at times and why some times my personality and all that is different. surprised

I do seem to fix Gemini the best.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:59 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx

I tend to think that moon signs seem to govern more (on average) than the other signs. Of course I'm completely biased, being ruled by my lunar Cancer according to astrology.
*clicks link to site*
Hmmm..fairly accurate...

I was rather surprised when I saw that too! I never really thought to associate myself with Virgo, since I was born under Taurus. I would say that the way my signs govern me is fairly equal. Though at times it seems my sun sign and rising sun sign govern me more often than my moon. Though, I only say that in regards to being prudish and discriminatory. However, I would say prudish could be an "acceptable" term used, considering my age. Plus I am super self-critical if I feel I haven't done something well.
I'm curious as to how they calculate this information though. How does it determine your Moon and Rising Sun sign? It's all very curious.
I like the Astrolabe website because a majority of the signs it gave me, or at least the descriptions of them, were very much like me. Of course, not everything was one hundred percent, but I was still surprised at how well most of it matched me.
What are your sun and rising sun signs? surprised
I feel like Cancer can rule over other signs depending on which signs you have. Kind of like inner compatibility or something like that.  

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:09 pm
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx

*clicks link to site*
Hmmm..fairly accurate...

I was rather surprised when I saw that too! I never really thought to associate myself with Virgo, since I was born under Taurus. I would say that the way my signs govern me is fairly equal. Though at times it seems my sun sign and rising sun sign govern me more often than my moon. Though, I only say that in regards to being prudish and discriminatory. However, I would say prudish could be an "acceptable" term used, considering my age. Plus I am super self-critical if I feel I haven't done something well.
I'm curious as to how they calculate this information though. How does it determine your Moon and Rising Sun sign? It's all very curious.
I like the Astrolabe website because a majority of the signs it gave me, or at least the descriptions of them, were very much like me. Of course, not everything was one hundred percent, but I was still surprised at how well most of it matched me.
I feel like Cancer can rule over other signs depending on which signs you have. Kind of like inner compatibility or something like that.

I know it's based on the position of the moon and horizon when you were born...
*googles around*
Apparently the lunar sign is which constellation the moon passes through during your birth at your location...interesting to know that it goes through all twelve signs...
The rising sign is the sign that was ascending on the east horizon when you were born according to your location.

I'm a Taurus with lunar Cancer and rising Libra. It's a pretty eclectic mix, but Cancer has a slightly stronger hold.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:12 pm
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx

*clicks link to site*
Hmmm..fairly accurate...

Also, Virgo and Taurus actually have a lot of overlapping areas and go well together. My friend always says it's the best combination of two people, and she's TOTALLY not biased, being a Virgo crushing on a Taurus.  

SharpenedMoonlight

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:16 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx

*clicks link to site*
Hmmm..fairly accurate...

*googles around*
Apparently the lunar sign is which constellation the moon passes through during your birth at your location...interesting to know that it goes through all twelve signs...
The rising sign is the sign that was ascending on the east horizon when you were born according to your location.

I'm a Taurus with lunar Cancer and rising Libra. It's a pretty eclectic mix, but Cancer has a slightly stronger hold.

Oh, I see. That makes things a little less foggy. I wish they offered classes for stuff like this in high school, but I guess it's frowned upon. Astrology is so interesting! Plus, it can be such a thrill to find out if your sign fits you or not.

I suddenly feel like pulling out my tarot cards... but giving yourself a reading isn't quiet as accurate. xD

You are right, though. You have a varied mix of signs. But I feel like they can compliment each other somewhat well.

EDIT:

Oh, haha! I knew Taurus and Virog were rather compatible, but I never thought I would have Virgo as one of my other signs, let alone two! I didn't find out what time I was born till earlier today, when I was looking for my birth certificate for some documents I needed made.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:25 pm
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx

*clicks link to site*
Hmmm..fairly accurate...

*googles around*

Oh, I see. That makes things a little less foggy. I wish they offered classes for stuff like this in high school, but I guess it's frowned upon. Astrology is so interesting! Plus, it can be such a thrill to find out if your sign fits you or not.

I suddenly feel like pulling out my tarot cards... but giving yourself a reading isn't quiet as accurate. xD

You are right, though. You have a varied mix of signs. But I feel like they can compliment each other somewhat well.

EDIT:

Oh, haha! I knew Taurus and Virog were rather compatible, but I never thought I would have Virgo as one of my other signs, let alone two! I didn't find out what time I was born till earlier today, when I was looking for my birth certificate for some documents I needed made.

Yeah, they actually mix pretty well to make me. My friend who lives by nothing but astrology is sometimes like "You're not really that much like a Taurus". Then I point out the ways my signs mix.
I actually know so much because of her. She forced persuaded me to start a manga based off the Zodiac. So I did. And naturally, to make my characters accurate, I went to her and the internet to do extensive research. Then I fell in love. Believe it or not, it's so much fun!

What I wonder is who decided all this? Like the sun sign is fairly straightforward. And the moon sign...I can see the stretch to say its important to know where the moon is. But the sign near the horizon, that just seems random.

Maybe they'd offer Astrology classes at colleges? (They don't at mine, but I go to a community college because I'm poor) I don't think the average high school has enough time, space, staff, and budget for classes that stray from the norm. They hardly have enough money to teach kids their own names.  

SharpenedMoonlight

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:41 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx
SharpenedMoonlight
xX Green Tea Tree Xx

*clicks link to site*
Hmmm..fairly accurate...

*googles around*

EDIT:

Yeah, they actually mix pretty well to make me. My friend who lives by nothing but astrology is sometimes like "You're not really that much like a Taurus". Then I point out the ways my signs mix.
I actually know so much because of her. She forced persuaded me to start a manga based off the Zodiac. So I did. And naturally, to make my characters accurate, I went to her and the internet to do extensive research. Then I fell in love. Believe it or not, it's so much fun!

What I wonder is who decided all this? Like the sun sign is fairly straightforward. And the moon sign...I can see the stretch to say its important to know where the moon is. But the sign near the horizon, that just seems random.

Maybe they'd offer Astrology classes at colleges? (They don't at mine, but I go to a community college because I'm poor) I don't think the average high school has enough time, space, staff, and budget for classes that stray from the norm. They hardly have enough money to teach kids their own names.

Was this manga possibly Fairytale? surprised That's a really good one, even though it isn't specifically about the Zodiac. The anime is decent too.

Your friend sounds super cool! I don't remember how I got into astrology exactly, but I think it stemmed off of my love for all things Greek, Roman, and mythological. Somehow I found out about astrology and I instantly took a liking to it. There's nothing better than finding stuff out about the Zodiac and stuff. Though, I will say my knowledge is rather limited since it's self-educated.

I can also understand the sun and moon signs, but rising sun just seems like something somebody threw into the mix. It's just one of those "really?" moments for me.

Maybe. Though I probably wouldn't take them. Astrology isn't going to be useful in the career I want later in life. I love the topic with all of my heart, but learning about it will be an at home only sort of thing. I don't think High schools teach about astrology mainly because some people associate such things with magic and, because of religions and rules that apply to different school systems, such a class would never be allowed within a school.  
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff