Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I Don't Think That College is for Me Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:33 pm
The Neko CatGirl
You cant ******** change everything with attitude, iifff you haven't noticed. Its hard to believe that i actually have to tell you this. If you really want to argue this than fine, but i'm telling you that i strongly disagree with that flat out generalization. College ISN'T for everyone, and attitude isn't going to change this, got it?
lgtenos
Yes, that's all there is to say.

Attitude is the root of every decision you make in your life. Deciding to do something, whether negative or positive, is all based on your past and current views of the subject. Yeah, I know it sucks that sometimes things are rough. But if that's ALL that's keeping you down, then your head isn't in the right place. Life is a B$#@%; if you find yourself in a predicament, no one is going to make progress other than yourself.

Shift your attitude towards the positive spectrum. Everything else will fall into place.

By generally, having a positive attitude can make any situation better. Its true college isn't for everyone. My own mother didn't want to go to college. But, attitude can have a major change on any person's outlook. In my profession, you have to have a positive attitude, eitherwise you go crazy and kill random people.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 pm
Lol, it's whatever you want to believe, really. What you're saying is just your opinion; this is mine. Furthermore, I never said that college is or isn't for everyone. All I'm saying is what Onato affirmed. Generally, having a positive attitude makes everything else better. Does it work all the time? No, of course not. But squabbling over something without giving a chance of how things could be better is like not trying at all. In my eyes, he's giving up too easily given his circumstances. He needs to make things happen, which can't come to fruition without having a strong will, confidence, optimism, and a bit of luck.

If y'all don't want to look on the bright side of things, then be my guest. At this point, there is nothing to argue from my vantage point - I've given my two cents. Lastly, I like your Avi. And I'm not saying that just to gain brownie points or to save face.

To the OP: Dude, go for it bro. I know things F$#&#xin;g suck, but the fight isn't over. It's extremely difficult to get anywhere in life without an education. I say finish school (with at least an Associate's in something you really enjoy), and start applying for out-of-town jobs in the related field. Also, have you talked to a college counselor yet? They give really good advice.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

RosesandBlood

Precious Star

14,825 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:34 pm
SharpenedMoonlight
But I don't know what to do with my life. I grew up in a rural town and a career was always the way out. I go to the community college because it's cheap. I'm fairly intelligent, but I keep sabotaging my education with my unmotivated personality that just says "screw all this". In the end, I always end up doing sub par or downright failing. I don't want to pay for something that I'm just going to ruin. But I don't know what I would do if I DID leave college. My current job is a minimum wage one with no possible advancement, and it wont have me leave my hometown, which is a secluded area of homophobes and rednecks. I have no idea what to do, I just know that what's happening now isn't working.

I sometimes put off what I really should do. But when I do work I do it to my best. Though sometimes college isn't right for everyone. Why not just go to a trade school? They'll teach you a job and you can just do that. Besides sometimes you have to buckle down and do what you don't want.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff