Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
History of Magic I (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

enoetoe

Witty Citizen

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:38 pm
User Image

█ █ █ █ █ █

J E N N I F E R - K A P L A N

f i r s t y e a r - g r y f f i n d o r

█ █ █ █ █ █

"to be or not to be, that is the question."
- william shakespear

╔══════════════════╗

Jennie stepped into the History of Magic classroom, sighing. They have history class here? No thank you! the girl thought as she strode to a seat in the back of the classroom. When the professor asked for the class to state why they thought history was important, Jennie frowned. Shouldn't we just live in the moment? she just had to think. To avoid blurting out something stupid, she just leant back in her chair and kept her big mouth shut.

╚══════════════════╝

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:07 pm
User Image

Former Ravenclaw

Grayson nodded at Ariana's answer. "That's a pretty good answer, and one that everyone should remember, but it's not the only one we need to look at. Would anyone else like to add something?" Grayson's eyes fixed on the female Ravenclaw that had raised her hand. "Please, if you have anything else to add, don't hesitate."

His eyes then spotted the two Slytherins sitting in the back row. He frowned, spying the chocolate that had been exchanged between the two. "Do you two have anything to add to this discussion?"  

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Hufflepuff

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana smiled when she got the right answer even though it wasn't the only one. She looked at Shina, who was supposed to speak up next.

wearing

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Since Amanda wasn't paying attention to the class, she didn't know Professor Powell was talking to her. Instead, she continued to eat her chocolate.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:04 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: B***h

MOOD: Angry and Annoyed.

User Image
Matt's eyebrows rose as a member of his house, HIS house, was ignoring the professor and he shook his head and he spoke loud enough for Amanda to hear. "Are you really that pathetic as to make our house lose points on the first day of classes because you can't stop eating?" He had half a mind to call her something nasty, but that might have been taken too far. For now he'd just let his annoyance out through his words, hoping they'd hit her like a brick on the head. That kind of selfishness would only make his house suffer, and he wouldn't want that. No his house was his army and his pieces on the grand board that was the school. He wouldn't dare have a piece that would make his army suffer because of her selfishness. He would either move her to be killed, or teach her proper respect.
User Image

What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:16 pm
Leonidas Henry Reedling
First Year Slytherin

User Image

A chocolate frog!!?!?! Could this day get any better? First she spoke to him, now she was offering him candy! Leo hadn't tasted chocolate since... Well, since his father disowned him... He glanced greedily at the writhing candy amphibians trapped within the wrapping that lay on her desk. He licked his lips, wondering if it was a trick. He glanced at the girl, scared to make eye contact. "Are... are you sure? You really want to give one... to me?" There's no way, no way, that she could possibly want to give him anything so wonderful. But, she nodded, and Leo quickly grabbed the frog before she could change her mind. Happily unwrapping the chocolate, he stuffed it in his mouth, savoring every last bit of it.

Then the teacher, Mr. Powell, called on them. Leo glanced up guiltily, wiping the chocolate off his hands.
"Sorry, Sir. I didn't hear the question. Could you repeat it?" If someone was going to get in trouble, it would be him, not the girl. She had spoke to him and given him candy, which meant she was a worthwhile person who needed not to get in trouble.

Age:11 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses: None

Wearing

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Stupid idiots.

MOOD: Upset and Defeated.

User Image
Matt slumped back in his chair sighing and shaking his head. They lost that turn. He'd chew their butts off about it later. He honestly didn't understand WHY he would chew them out but hey, he probably considered himself his year's leader in his house. Something he honestly wished he didn't think. He just rubbed the length of his nose and just sighed, shaking his head. This was going to be a looooong day...
User Image

What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Slytherin

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda nodded to the boy. "Yeah, I'm giving it to you for a reason," she said before hearing what Matthew had said. She looked at him and glared a bit, not making it to obvious. She then looked back to the professor as the boy beside her asked him to repeat what he had said. "I apologize professor," she said, taking the wrappers on her desk and stuffing them into her bag along with the two wrappers on Leonidas' desk.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:08 am
User Image
User Image

At the teacher's encouragement, Shina spoke up. "By studying history, we learn about the great deeds of those who have come before us, deeds that can inspire us to do better ourselves. We also learn about times and places we can no longer experience firsthand, broadening our knowledge base. We see how hard work can create great monuments, and how groups pulling together can achieve great things. And we can study the techniques and methods of the great leaders, learning to apply the knowledge of the great leaders to our own lives and possibly become leaders ourselves," Shina said. Her answer was carefully calculated, designed to appeal to all four houses. Griffindor and glorious deeds, Ravenclaw and knowledge, Hufflepuff's hard work and team work, Slytherin's ambition.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:20 am
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

User Image

Ben almost felt sorry for the proud Slytherin boy. Matt had no chance at controlling the rowdy members of his house. If he had been in Ravenclaw instead, then he would find no shortage of respectful and studious members. Ben was proud of his house. No Ravenclaw would hesitate to answer a question, or show disrespect to a professor. Well, maybe Yia, but luckily he wasn't in this class.

User Image

...little friendly competition?

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:12 pm
Marko James

I may not fully SEE you....
I may not fully HEAR you..

User Image ````Marko came in..on time surprisingly. He had followed Matt's..err..sent. He was not ashamed. It was easier then trying to follow the boy by sight. The boy blended with every other dark haired first year. He had heard the question...surprisingly and he raised his hand. He knew what he would say.
But I KNOW you are there.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:43 pm
User Image
╔══════════════╗
Katrina Varren

First Year Hufflepuff
╚══════════════╝

Where am I? History of Magic
What am I doing? Getting to class late
What am I thinking? I'm so dead!

Kat hurried into her History of Magic class, clearly aware that she was late and tried her best to sneak into the back of the classroom. Noticing that the Professor was looking towards the back, she hurried to a seat and hoped he was too busy with the Slytherins to notice her.

Out of Character ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:55 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

First Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Eleven
✔Mood: Excited
✔Status: Single

Sam scampered in late and noticed he wasn't the only one late as Kat was hurriedly getting ready for class. He plopped down next to her and did the same, readying himself for the class. He was breathing heavily and drew in a breath to calm himself as he looked to the Professor for direction.

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:09 pm
Leonidas Henry Reedling
First Year Slytherin

User Image

"Yeah, I'm giving it to you for a reason." The girl's word resounded through Leo's head. He couldn't escape them. A reason? What reason? Did she actually... No, he shouldn't get his hopes up. But what if... What if she really did... like him? No, that's not possible. No person actually liked Leo. They just put up with him. But still... Why else would she have given him the candy? Why else would she have talked to him? Belatedly, he realized that he didn't even know her name. Hesitantly, he stuck out his hand, his trembling hand, for her to shake. "I... I'm Leonidas, by the way." What if she didn't respond? What would he do then? What if she sneered and laughed at him, like they always did? He didn't dare think about it. He didn't want to crush the small hope he had.

Age:11 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses: None

Wearing

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:26 pm
User Image
~Heather Stevia Hawthorn~
First Year Hufflepuff
User Image
User Image
Heather rushed into the classroom, late again. She was always getting lost, leading to her always being late. She quietly sat at a desk in the back of the class, so as to not draw too much attention to herself. She hated it when all eyes were on her, and tended to let others take the spotlight, so to speak. She got out her notebook, ready to take notes.
Wearing

User Image

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas