Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:44 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

----------------------------------
State: Expectant
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:46 am
Chase Henrick User Image
Hogwarts Student
~ Ravenclaw Chaser ::: Second Year ~

User Image

History. Another subject similar to that of a regular school's, though its focus is on magic. To be honest, Chase didn't feel a big passion towards history, but the enthusiasm from the professor helped keep the class interesting for Chase. He took a seat in the second row and remained quiet until the professor started class.

"Chamber of Secrets," Chase said. That was the first thing he remembered from last year, asides from the gigantic Slytherin argument.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:51 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Heather Stevia Hawthorn
| Single | Second Year | Beater |

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Heather walked into the classroom. She nodded to the professor before taking a seat in a desk near a boy with black hair. "Greetings, Professor Powell. And if I do remember correctly, we talked about the Triwizard Tournament as well." she said to him in reponse to his question and the boy's answer. She took out her notebook and pencil, ready to take notes if needed.

{OOC:}

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
Second Year: Hufflepuff Seeker

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana walked into the classroom and sat directly in front of Chase. The girl lifted her arm into the air, and when she was called on to speak, she said, "I remember you talked about brooms." She hadn't remembered much from the previous year, but that was the last subject they touched up on, so it was the one that was most imprinted into the girl's brain.

wearing

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:30 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Second Year: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda took a seat in her usual chair at the back of the class. Last year, the first lesson ended horribly, for an argument broke out between her and a couple of the other students. That was what Amanda remembered most, but what started it? When she remembered, she raised her hand and spoke when she was called on. "We talked about why this class is and isn't important," she said. Was this really the smartest thing she could've said? Professor Powell would probably have her head if one more argument broke out because of something she'd say.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

⇜Remy Verity Bleiddiaid⇝
| Single | Second Year | Chaser |

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Remy rushed into the classroom and sat next to Heather, like she always did. The professor asked them about what they learned last year, and to be honest, Remy didn't remember. All she could remember about the class were some slytherins having random arguements about silly things. Thus, the girl remained quiet, something that was difficult for her to do in general.

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

User Image

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:49 am
User Image
User Image

Shina came in and sat down, arranging her supplies in front of her. At the professor's question, she raised her hand. "We touched on the founding of Hogwarts, including a little on the motivation of Salizar Slytherin," Shina said.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:56 am
User Image 
User Image
Lillian Carmichael 
Second Year 
Ravenclaw

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." 

Lillian walked into the classroom and yawned as she sat in the back of the class. She opened up her book and read a bit as she listened to the discussion over last years topics. 

"Art washes away from the soul, the dust of everyday life."

User ImageAbellia
Grace

User ImageSynfanic

User Image

Hufflepuff/:/Second Year 

""This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." 

Abellia walked into the classroom and sat down next to another Hufflepuff girl named Heather. She smiled as she listened to the professor then the rest of the second years speak. She loved this class so much, but she couldn't remeber half of the stuff they learned last year. 

"If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." 

User ImageUser Image

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:38 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Heather Stevia Hawthorn

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Heather looked to her right and saw Remy, and looked to her left and saw a girl who looked familiar, but whose name she couldn't place. "Oh. Uhh... Y-You look familiar. I-I'm Heather." she said to the girl sitting to her left. She knew this girl was in her house, but her name just didn't come to mind.

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:56 pm
User ImageAbellia
Grace

User ImageSynfanic

User Image

Hufflepuff/:/Second Year 

""This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." 

Abellia smiled at the girl and remebered her."Oh yeah I have seen you around, I'm Abellia,"she said with a smile. 

"If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." 

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:12 am
User ImageUser Image
User Image
Heather Stevia Hawthorn

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

Heather nodded to the girl. "Nice to meet ya." she said to her. She wasn't that good at making friends, but she would try.

{OOC: Short posts suck, but they get the job done.}

Wearing

—¤÷(`[¤* *¤]´)÷¤—

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:13 pm
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Grayson Powell
History of Magic Professor
Former Ravenclaw

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Now where did I put that wand?

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. I'm pretty sure that there are some floating about in your heads, and I have no problem answering them."

State: Teaching
OOC: Um, yeah, family issues came up. Sorry this post is so late, and sorry I didn't reply to anyone. >_<;

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Shina took her seat, set out her supplies, and took notes as the teacher lectured. When he asked for questions, Shina's hand went up. "I heard that at one point, Ollivander wands were only available with Unicorn hair, Dragon heartstring, or Phoenix feather cores. Is this true, and if so, how did the Ollivanders match wands with such a limited range of cores to the variety of customers they had?" Shina asked.

User Image
((OOC: ... ))

Wearing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
Second Year: Hufflepuff Seeker

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana took notes on her piece of parchment. After Shina asked her question, Ariana shot her arm into the air. "How come they made so many? Aren't there some wands that are never going to find someone to match to?" she asked. There were millions of wands every time she went in there, but do more wands get manufactures than there are wizards in the world?

wearing

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:07 pm
User Image
Amanda Davis
Second Year: Slytherin Chaser

Amanda took a seat in the back, but she didn't take any notes. Oh, cool, we're learning about the wand shop, she thought sarcastically, keeping a straight face as Professor Powell lectured the class on his lesson.

You Touch Me..
I break you.
wearing

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out